Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-05-27, 21:24   Link #1
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Sherlock Holmes (December 2009)

Ok I'm back with more trailers.
This time I bring you the trailer for the new Sherlock Holmes movie starring Robert Downey Jr.

Synopsis:
Detective Sherlock Holmes (Downey Jr.) and his stalwart partner Watson engage in a battle of wits and brawn with a nemesis whose plot is a threat to all of England.

http://www.sherlock-holmes-movie.com/

Enjoy!
Old 2009-05-27, 21:39   Link #2
james0246

Honestly, I am more excited about seeing Jude Law back in acting (it's been about 2.5 years since he last appeared on film, and he has a slew of really good looking films coming out this year). That aside, this looks like a fun action film (just from the trailer), and the interactions between Holmes and Watson looks very appealing. All in all, this is definetly a film on my must see list.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 07:54   Link #3
KimmyChan

It does look good, and it's also good to see Jude Law back on the big screen again
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 12:29   Link #4
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I WANT IRONMAN 2 DAMN IT!!! lol J/K

This will be great! I like these kind of movies and Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes is a must see.
Old 2009-05-28, 12:37   Link #5
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Woot !!!!
Old 2009-05-28, 17:22   Link #6
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Its kinda sad when I think about how the biggest weakness seems to be Guy directing. Is it just going to be another one of his typical affairs or is he really going try and change it up.
Old 2009-05-28, 17:55   Link #7
holyalexander
holy alexander

thanks for the link..
holyalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 19:01   Link #8
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Its kinda sad when I think about how the biggest weakness seems to be Guy directing. Is it just going to be another one of his typical affairs or is he really going try and change it up.
I like his movies = (
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 20:12   Link #9
Shadow Kira01

So, this is like Kudo Shinichi?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 21:14   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
So, this is like Kudo Shinichi?
It's more like a Batman Begins style retelling of a younger Sherlock Holmes, rather than Meitantei Conan...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 00:40   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I ditto the "w00t"! Well said King Lycan.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 19:52   Link #12
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Awesome That's something to look forward to.
Looks promising ... but the overblown action worries me. Hope they don't neglect the original totally. And that shirtless fight scene - 'Fight Club' is that you?
Don't mind a handful of action as long the story stays clever.

... and omg naked Sherlock? XD
Something I thought I'd never see ... gosh he's such an asexual man after all.

On a sidenote:
Haha, that just reminded me of my visit of the 'Hound of Baskervilles', you know, the rocks. Dartmoor is a adorable place.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 20:18   Link #13
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I don't remember Holmes being an action hero...

I expect a great mystery now ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 17:38   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Indeed, whenever there's a chance of conflict, he always makes sure Watson brings his revolver!

I can't decide what to make of this. I, too, have enjoyed a number of Ritchie's movies, especially Snatch. (Brad Pitt plays a gypsy with a brogue so thick you only make out a word here or there, and yet you still understand every word he says! Remarkable performance.) That said, the ratio of action to thinking seems rather the inverse of Doyle's stories. Perhaps this is just the usual trailer approach: show all the most vivid action scenes in the preview and leave the thinking and talking to the movie itself.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 20:53   Link #15
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

OK I'll bring more ants to the picnic...Never thought I'd ever see a Micheal Bay level trailer for what is supposed to be the most inspiring detective series of alltime...The $hit looks like a great action movie but I get no Sherlock Holmes vibe from it (More like Wild Wild West^^)...Even Downey Jr. whom I LOVE as an actor seems off in his portrayal...Maybe it's my perception of Holmes all these years from what I've read, discussed, and seen in other multimedia, but this seems like an action-gigolo period piece...Thanx again current MTV generation, Ritchie wants that golden popcorn next year...

@Seji - Love Snatch, one of my alltime favs---LOL before Jason Statham was a B-list action superstar he was just some dude who starred in this movie! He AND it were great...
Old 2009-06-01, 22:22   Link #16
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

More like Sherlock Holmes of the Caribbean
Old 2009-06-02, 04:19   Link #17
vorpal83

Holmes was always strong as f*ck... After all, he could bend an iron poker back in shape in Speckled Band... Must be all those drugs he takes. Anyway, it just seems a little bit... too much... in the trailers I've seen.
vorpal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 14:47   Link #18
Risari
The Quiet One

Great to see Robert in yet another movie, and quite a good cast aswell. It does kind of remind me of a few movies I've seen before yet I'm going to go see it when it comes out. Looks somewhat promising ^^

Tag by the fabulous Avi-chan
If you judge a book by it's cover you might miss out on an amazing story.

Risari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 15:36   Link #19
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
OK I'll bring more ants to the picnic...Never thought I'd ever see a Micheal Bay level trailer for what is supposed to be the most inspiring detective series of alltime...The $hit looks like a great action movie but I get no Sherlock Holmes vibe from it (More like Wild Wild West^^)...Even Downey Jr. whom I LOVE as an actor seems off in his portrayal...Maybe it's my perception of Holmes all these years from what I've read, discussed, and seen in other multimedia, but this seems like an action-gigolo period piece...Thanx again current MTV generation, Ritchie wants that golden popcorn next year...
I have read that this adaptation, would be the most faithful in terms of Sherlock Holmes persona, it seems that the media turned him into just a intellectual investigator that wasn’t adept on violent means.

Holmes was an expert in Bairutsu, Cocaine user, an expert at singlestick, Fist-fighting, and a master of disguise.

It seems that this adaptation is going to exploit the action persona of Sherclok homes for the masses.
Old 2009-06-02, 17:04   Link #20
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I've seen and read plenty of Sherlock Holmes, yet he's never come across to me as "In your Face" as this trailer leads you to believe...I've always known he was a great fighter and master of disguise, but Downey makes him seem much more extreme from everything I’ve been exposed to…The trailer really has no subtlety, and Watson isn’t some hunky british guy, he’s a troll LMAO….I’m gonna give it a chance, but why the MTV-Micheal Bay-esque preview? I mean you even gotta make Holmes into a Mixed Martial Artist slash gigolo just to fill the seats…Hopefully it’s just a ploy to trick bakas into seeing a smart movie…When I think of Holmes, I don’t think of the eccentricity I see from Downey (LOL he does seem like Depp in Caribbean)…We’ll see, I’m not ready to bash it because visually it looks remarkable, but not what I was expecting when I clicked the link…

Quote:
Holmes was a cocaine user
I’m betting in pre-modern England doing cocaine was about the same level as ordering a McFlurry…Here in America we drank it for years before the government forced Coca-Cola (name ring a bell?) to take it out…So I’m sure Holmes just needed to stay awake long enuff to figure out that final clue^^...Although Downey Jr. seems like he’s right in the middle of his McFlurry days based on this preview