Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-16, 00:41   Link #1
cabbit
Fish Tin Turtle Lead Soup

Send a message via AIM to cabbit
We should have a sticky for anime to stay away from...

Hey, anyone consider making a sticky with really bad anime that we should stay away from? Not suggesting something that one will like and another hates but ones that are really really bad.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything really bad except Dragon Ball or something... too bad some people may like it for whatever bizzar reasons so it may not make the list.

Anyways, anyone know of something really bad?
Old 2004-04-16, 00:48   Link #2
cabbit
Fish Tin Turtle Lead Soup

Send a message via AIM to cabbit
Ah yes, I remember one:

Urotsukidoji was really really bad. Somehow, they released a box set I heard. <Barf!>
Old 2004-04-16, 00:50   Link #3
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well that would be bad for all anime dragonball lovers, dont you think ?
it could be seen as an insult to brand all what is good or bad

i specially do not like naruto, but thats only my opinon
Old 2004-04-16, 00:55   Link #4
babbito2k
annoying white bat

There is no way that a thread like that is going to do anyone any good. Any fansubbed anime by definition has its fans. Licensed/broadcast series always pick up their own adherents as well. Each forum member will love, hate or ignore different groups of series for many different reasons and completely contrarily to many other members. There is no way to come up with a list that fits everyone.

The suggestions forum doesn't need stickies anyway. Although there are plenty of threads already for "comedy," romance," "action," you-name-it, there will always be someone to come along and start the whole thing all over again without even searching the old threads. And someone else will be happy to drop in and gush about some favorite series regardless of its match to the other's preferences...

BTW "Urotsukidoji" is ero-anime AKA "hentai" anime and ero-anime is not discussed in this forum.
Old 2004-04-16, 01:02   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Maybe if we lived in a communist world we could Ban the anime we dont like

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
There is no way that a thread like that is going to do anyone any good. Any fansubbed anime by definition has its fans. Licensed/broadcast series always pick up their own adherents as well. Each forum member will love, hate or ignore different groups of series for many different reasons and completely contrarily to many other members. There is no way to come up with a list that fits everyone.

The suggestions forum doesn't need stickies anyway. Although there are plenty of threads already for "comedy," romance," "action," you-name-it, there will always be someone to come along and start the whole thing all over again without even searching the old threads. And someone else will be happy to drop in and gush about some favorite series regardless of its match to the other's preferences...

BTW "Urotsukidoji" is ero-anime AKA "hentai" anime and ero-anime is not discussed in this forum.
Old 2004-04-16, 01:16   Link #6
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Maybe if we lived in a communist world we could Ban the anime we dont like
Oh yeah? But why quote me? I have no interest in stopping anyone from watching anime.
Old 2004-04-16, 01:39   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm going to nix this discussion with my 1337 mod powers because if there is anything that people on this forum have taught me, it is that any anime, regardless of how bad it is, will be loved by someone. Incidently the reverse is also true. Any anime, regardless of how good it is, will be hated by someone.

There is just no point or use to a thread that warns people away from anime that they might love. Even if you think that loving that anime is impossible. Even so, is this a reason for me to unilaterally declare an end to the discussion? No, it isn't. That would be an abuse of my powers.

The reason that I am ending the discussion is that the purpose of the Suggestions forum is to help people find great anime. Keeping people away from anime that someone doesn't like just isn't the purpose of this forum.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread