AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 08:22   Link #1101
Russvet

Hi! I'd like to thank velocity7, Polarem and all the others for the Clannad translation! I've got a lot of joy with Clannad and it is just to sum up all the feelings... I'd like to go on translating it from English into Russian; I know that some lines have already been translated, but could find no trace of the project or the people who have been involved. The only thing I know is that they used the Wiki technology, which I'm not used to.

So far, there are two requests: 1) for any information regarding translations of Clannad into Russian, 2) for any help in understanding some peculiarities of Japanese life (for example, I do not quite get jokes of Kotomi). An extra request would be teaching me how to use the Wiki technology to translate the text, but I believe I'll be able to take care of it myself...

Thanks in advance for any help! My contact information can be found in the profile.
Russvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 06:09   Link #1102
akutasame94

So ok i gotta ask, since I can't read so many pages...

Is this game translated to English fully or just partly?

I mean is translation completed. I have it in Japanese, But I just started studying it so It will be a while until I am able to understand it so this is a must

Arigatou Gozaimasu...
akutasame94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 02:27   Link #1103
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yes, it is fully translated, as far as the actual text goes.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 04:35   Link #1104
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Hi everyone, I'd like to apologize for going offline for longer than intended. But, the English Clannad translation is up and running again! We also now have web hosting thanks to IronWarrior. Expect to see a new English Clannad website up in a few days' time, for easy download access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Only_Moggy View Post
Will there be a Memorial Edition patch and if so does anybody know how long until a version of it will be made available?
We currently only have patches for the original version and the Full Voice version. Unfortunately, due to the lack of technical expertise, we can't support the Memorial Edition yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russvet View Post
So far, there are two requests: 1) for any information regarding translations of Clannad into Russian, 2) for any help in understanding some peculiarities of Japanese life (for example, I do not quite get jokes of Kotomi). An extra request would be teaching me how to use the Wiki technology to translate the text, but I believe I'll be able to take care of it myself...
The Russian translation project I know of is at http://5uddiuzqr7dickl1.vasilloff.narod2.ru/, maybe you'd like to talk to them?

Tomoya tried to teach Kotomi Boke and Tsukkomi style jokes (see http://www.japannewbie.com/archives/000122.html). Kotomi isn't very good at it however, and it ends up sounding awkward and un-funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akutasame94 View Post
Is this game translated to English fully or just partly?
All the in-game text is in English and is readable, but it still needs polishing. A few pictures are still in Japanese, but feel free to ask here; there are many helpful people around
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 14:35   Link #1105
akutasame94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Hi everyone, I'd like to apologize for going offline for longer than intended. But, the English Clannad translation is up and running again! We also now have web hosting thanks to IronWarrior. Expect to see a new English Clannad website up in a few days' time, for easy download access.

We currently only have patches for the original version and the Full Voice version. Unfortunately, due to the lack of technical expertise, we can't support the Memorial Edition yet...

The Russian translation project I know of is at http://5uddiuzqr7dickl1.vasilloff.narod2.ru/, maybe you'd like to talk to them?

Tomoya tried to teach Kotomi Boke and Tsukkomi style jokes (see http://www.japannewbie.com/archives/000122.html). Kotomi isn't very good at it however, and it ends up sounding awkward and un-funny.

All the in-game text is in English and is readable, but it still needs polishing. A few pictures are still in Japanese, but feel free to ask here; there are many helpful people around

Thank you, I found on one torrent site full voice version with patch included.... It works fine. Anyway it wasn't for me, but my friend, I have original Japanese Got it as a birthday present Anyway, I am going to spam Clannad topics a little just to keep them alive... This is my favorite and best show ever, so it doesn't deserve to be forgotten
Old 2012-02-16, 21:05   Link #1106
KiwiToast

Hi, I started playing this a week ago, following the 300 hour walkthrough, and I'm on fuuko's route. However, I got to a point where whenever Nagisa's name is going to appear(when tomoya says it), it isn't there (the name tag for the textbook is blank as well) and when tomoya's name is about to appear, "No valid string! Please send a ticket" or something along those lines appears in place of that. I think I'm using the newest version of the SEEN.txt file.
Is there a fix to this?
KiwiToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 12:37   Link #1107
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quick announcement: Clannad English now has its own website. Head on over to:

It's quite basic still, but it gets its website-y job done. No new patches are out yet since the last update, but when they do they will appear on this site. Thanks again to IronWarrior for the webhosting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiToast View Post
I got to a point where whenever Nagisa's name is going to appear(when tomoya says it), it isn't there (the name tag for the textbook is blank as well) and when tomoya's name is about to appear, "No valid string! Please send a ticket" or something along those lines appears in place of that. I think I'm using the newest version of the SEEN.txt file.
Is there a fix to this?
Yep, that bug was fixed mid-2011 IIRC. Grab the newest version from the website, which also includes some improved translations and graphics. Your saved games might be incompatible though, I'm afraid... but since you're using the walkthrough, fast-forwarding through the story might be ok for you?

Last edited by Polarem; 2012-04-29 at 04:50. Reason: Fix link
Old 2012-02-18, 18:59   Link #1108
Jecht2

Fantastic Polarem! I have had my copy of Full Voice for several years now. I can't wait till we have a complete patch.
Jecht2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 15:51   Link #1109
Hesuchia

Does the new translation site need any help with translations? I've been playing After Story and got to a point where there's a lot of blank * lines and some other awkward translations. I'd be willing to help iron things out if possible ^^.
Hesuchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 01:18   Link #1110
cyberdemon

wow, i was just about to start the game using an old patch and checked here and suddenly saw that the project was up again. Not sure whether to start or wait for more complete patches now
Old 2012-03-02, 22:06   Link #1111
jcfdude

In need of help with downloading

Ok so I downloaded the patches, both versions and made 2 separate folders for them for safe keeping. My question is how do I download the actual game to put these files on? I looked for the actual game download but could only find the patches I was just wondering what to do. Sorry about being a little nooby, but I really loved this anime so now I really want to play the game.
jcfdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 03:44   Link #1112
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I'll PM it to you. However, as a forewarning, you're really not allowed to ask for things like this in public. Piracy is frowned upon here and expressly forbidden to link to.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 09:23   Link #1113
jcfdude

Thanks I just didn't really know how the patches worked or how to use them. I mean I wouldn't mind buying a product, but I don't like English dubbed things I enjoy subtitles.
jcfdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 15:45   Link #1114
nahucirujano

Wink

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you if the patch fully translates the game, including the After Story part
nahucirujano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 16:10   Link #1115
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would assume that since After Story was part of the original game.
Old 2012-03-24, 23:41   Link #1116
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesuchia View Post
Does the new translation site need any help with translations? I've been playing After Story and got to a point where there's a lot of blank * lines and some other awkward translations. I'd be willing to help iron things out if possible ^^.
Hi Hesuchia, thanks for your offer If you're still interested, head on to http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...?title=Clannad, scroll down to the Script Chart, and edit as you see fit.

The awkward translations are the main focus right now. There shouldn't be any "blank * lines" though... did you download it from the site? Which section are those lines in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
wow, i was just about to start the game using an old patch and checked here and suddenly saw that the project was up again. Not sure whether to start or wait for more complete patches now
Hi cyberdemon, the work is slow-going as I don't have much free time so the final release is still a long time away. The translation has reached state that's understandable by English readers, but it still needs polishing. Hope this helps you decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahucirujano View Post
Hi guys, I wanted to ask you if the patch fully translates the game, including the After Story part
Hi nahucirujano, all in-game text is in English (including After Story), but it still needs polishing.
Old 2012-04-04, 03:48   Link #1117
cyberdemon

something wrong with the site?
Old 2012-04-04, 07:19   Link #1118
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
something wrong with the site?
What's wrong?
Old 2012-04-04, 19:41   Link #1119
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
What's wrong?
nvm, it wasn't working yesterday
Old 2012-04-11, 01:10   Link #1120
Jecht2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvuriDash View Post
Hi, what would be the best way to submit the grammar/spelling mistakes that I've found? I have a bunch screen-capped from Kyou's route so far.
You can go through the SEEN files and edit them through the wiki: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...d#Script_Chart
Jecht2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation