AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 13:07   Link #561
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea Rabbit View Post
OwO really?
I thought Izaya have a super power or something that makes him invulnerable!
Nah,I don't think been hit by a trash can could inflict more damage.Except for our Bartender-san that got hit in the back so hard & bleed like hell thus going rampage.
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 13:28   Link #562
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Especially at that speed, being hit by a trash can would do some kind of damage.
Old 2010-01-23, 14:27   Link #563
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Especially at that speed, being hit by a trash can would do some kind of damage.
Especially if the power behind it is enough to knock a man in the air and out of his freaking clothes.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 14:32   Link #564
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I wouldn't quickly discard that possibility.
Considering he got up so quickly I really wouldn't discard it. Insanely fast with that knife and can take a beating. Add in his ability to mess people up with his words he's a dangerous guy. Definitely solid advice to avoid him at all costs.
Old 2010-01-23, 15:29   Link #565
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Especially if the power behind it is enough to knock a man in the air and out of his freaking clothes.
He hasn't start rage yet though when he threw the trash bin, so the impact is not as strong I guess. Also, gg's sub used the word "blamed", but the CN sub I watched used "framed", and either one implies that Izaya has one up on Shizuo in the past regardless, so ... just something to think about.

Izaya looked the least monster-ish among all the strongest cast right now if you ask me. Knife's badass, but Shizuo, Simon, Celty all seem to be physically stronger. If anything, he seem to want to avoid Shizuo if possible, and dare I say he even faltered a bit upon seeing him (instead of looking smug like I-can-eat-you-whole-if-I-want-to, he had a semi-weak smile instead).

Izaya definitely seem to be the most brainy with few combat skills, but i wouldn't consider him supernatural just yet, especially I can't consider Simon anything but just normal.

On a totally different point, anyone disappointed that Shizuo's somewhat acquainted with Celty? Was hoping they hate each other or something so we see some epic fight. As invincible Celty might look, physical combat seem to work somewhat still against it.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 17:18   Link #566
Nvis
Where are the good animes

There's a manga for this too, right?

Can't seem to find it......and no one's translating...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 17:53   Link #567
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
On a totally different point, anyone disappointed that Shizuo's somewhat acquainted with Celty? Was hoping they hate each other or something so we see some epic fight. As invincible Celty might look, physical combat seem to work somewhat still against it.
I'm surprised by it, though then again i was more surprised that Izaya was on talking terms with her, so it wasn't that bad in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
There's a manga for this too, right?

Can't seem to find it......and no one's translating...
Three chapters have been translated so far actually.
Old 2010-01-23, 18:23   Link #568
Iron Maw
Banned

The novel also being translated by Baka-Tsuki (sporadically so though) with the prologue and 2 chapters out.

Vol.7's cover can been seen here too:

Spoiler for :
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 18:47   Link #569
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Izaya looked the least monster-ish among all the strongest cast right now if you ask me. Knife's badass, but Shizuo, Simon, Celty all seem to be physically stronger. If anything, he seem to want to avoid Shizuo if possible, and dare I say he even faltered a bit upon seeing him (instead of looking smug like I-can-eat-you-whole-if-I-want-to, he had a semi-weak smile instead).
If you're super fast with the knife, you don't need a lot of strength. Slicing and dicing up someone in 2 seconds is a better combat skill than being able to toss a soda machine imo.

Shizuo and Simon may be stronger but if Izaya gets serious, they won't be able stop the damage. You only need to cut the hamstring tendons ala Ong Bak and they're history.

Celty's a supernatural being so physical force most likely won't damage her imo.
Old 2010-01-23, 19:06   Link #570
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
If you're super fast with the knife, you don't need a lot of strength. Slicing and dicing up someone in 2 seconds is a better combat skill than being able to toss a soda machine imo.

Shizuo and Simon may be stronger but if Izaya gets serious, they won't be able stop the damage. You only need to cut the hamstring tendons ala Ong Bak and they're history.

Celty's a supernatural being so physical force most likely won't damage her imo.
Izaya didn't have to run if he could defeat Shizuo. Celty got shocked and fell in episode 1, as well as ran over by the van. If she's just pure shadow then none of those would've happen, since she could just disperse and they can't even hit her.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:11   Link #571
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Izaya didn't have to run if he could defeat Shizuo. Celty got shocked and fell in episode 1, as well as ran over by the van. If she's just pure shadow then none of those would've happen, since she could just disperse and they can't even hit her.
He would have to retreat with all those witnesses. Fight him in private is the best. Not to be noticed is better.

The rumor mill only remembered Shizuo and not Izaya.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:48   Link #572
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Re-watched the opening and I was amused to see a KFC sign in the background (at least that's what I thought it was) and the ganguro girls also appeared when Simon is passing out the sushi flyers. Since we have everyone converging on the shop in the opening I'm starting to wonder if it's not a shop at all but the center for all things underground in Ikebukuro....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 20:53   Link #573
Kunagisa

Quote:
He would have to retreat with all those witnesses. Fight him in private is the best. Not to be noticed is better.
This may be true, but I don't think he cares because he is not even from Ike.

Quote:
The rumor mill only remembered Shizuo and not Izaya.
Well yeah, consider Izaya didn't stay for the fight at all, of course he didn't get mentioned. The first guy who got his hair shaved isn't going to go around and tell people he got owned, and the other thugs probably didn't care about Izaya after getting owned that badly. In addition, the thugs probably thought Izaya and Shizuo were on the same team, if they knew they were enemies they probably would've just let Shizuo kick Izaya's ass.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:55   Link #574
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Re-watched the opening and I was amused to see a KFC sign in the background (at least that's what I thought it was) and the ganguro girls also appeared when Simon is passing out the sushi flyers. Since we have everyone converging on the shop in the opening I'm starting to wonder if it's not a shop at all but the center for all things underground in Ikebukuro....
I don't know about that. Poor Simon does try pretty hard to get customers , but with him looking like that, probably only mafia and thugs would dare to venture in to eat, so it is a possibility.
Old 2010-01-23, 23:41   Link #575
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
I don't know about that. Poor Simon does try pretty hard to get customers , but with him looking like that, probably only mafia and thugs would dare to venture in to eat, so it is a possibility.
Telling people they won't die from it doesn't help either. lol
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 00:44   Link #576
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Considering he got up so quickly I really wouldn't discard it. Insanely fast with that knife and can take a beating. Add in his ability to mess people up with his words he's a dangerous guy. Definitely solid advice to avoid him at all costs.
Yet it makes him so cool
Izaya is damn insane and clever.
And Shizuo also got great strength and power.
If they battle each other who would win?

btw,
about Simon-san, what's there connection, between him and Shizu??
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 01:31   Link #577
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

As for that trash bin, it looked like the heavy industrialized versions used by restaurants and such. So it most definitely could have killed.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 03:24   Link #578
Vicious108

Quote:
Celty seems to be acquainted with all the big forces in the city, but just because they're in good terms now doesn't mean they can't end up clashing later on. Who knows what'll change in the future.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 03:26   Link #579
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Either that, or maybe the reason is that the actual body might actually been Harima's (and thus the reason Anri mistook mystery girl for her) while they switched the head...
I'm also a same opinion. And it think Celty, Shizou and Izaya somehow connected.
And i also wonder, what is this symbol from ep2? (Izaya carved this)
Click!
Old 2010-01-24, 03:43   Link #580
Chrono Helix

He's just counting. You know how typically people draw 4 vertical lines and then another line cutting through all 4 when they've counted 5 or something? For Japanese and Chinese they write out a 正 (so he's counted 4 so far in that scene) instead.

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen