AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-02, 18:09   Link #201
Dark Wing

SkyFlames is right later dream conversations didn't happen until later on past volume 8 so we can't really fault JC Staff on that...However on can still hope it's fixed somehow.
Old 2011-10-02, 18:43   Link #202
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Then what was the point of showing Snake's flames in the second opening for season 2 then if there was going to be no further development for Yuji before he becomes awesome in the last few episodes?
Old 2011-10-02, 19:05   Link #203
Tatsumi Saiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Now this is why I hate that the dream conversions yuji was haveing throughout the novel series was removed because people are reacting like this...
yeap, would have made a lot more sense. I get it now.
Old 2011-10-02, 19:43   Link #204
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Then what was the point of showing Snake's flames in the second opening for season 2 then if there was going to be no further development for Yuji before he becomes awesome in the last few episodes?
I don't think that actually Snake's black flames, to me it looks just like a standard background. You said once that the red part represents Guze, but even if at the novels the Fuzetsu turns into the user's flame colours, in the anime it doesn't, all the sields look the same except that the flames that emerge at the edges turns into user's colours.

However, there is no way that we know what was going on J.C.'s mind at that scene, but I believe it's just a background to dark the scene a little bit in reflection with Shana's feelings.
Old 2011-10-02, 19:58   Link #205
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hmmm. I suppose I'll go with your explanation SkyFlames, there was really no telling what was happening at that once scene that it could actually be Snake's flames.
Old 2011-10-08, 03:17   Link #206
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Got to love how J.C. Staff is finally following the novel. The Yuji and Snake's talk is exactly as the Vol. 8 says, every word.
Then the Ep. 1 ending is the Vol. 16 prologue too
Old 2011-10-09, 20:47   Link #207
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Got to love how J.C. Staff is finally following the novel. The Yuji and Snake's talk is exactly as the Vol. 8 says, every word.
Then the Ep. 1 ending is the Vol. 16 prologue too
I get that the first episode was a recap of the previous seasons considering the 2 year wait, but does it really skip 8 novels? That's somewhat disappointing if true, makes me hate myself for not learning japanese. Especially when the series gives me a bigger urge to read the LN then S&W. AHHHHHHHHHH!!
Old 2011-10-09, 20:54   Link #208
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
skip 8 novels
Who told you that?!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-10, 11:12   Link #209
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Who told you that?!
IDK, I'm confused since he said the discussion between snake and yuji was in volume 8 of the LN, and that the ending of the episode was the prologue to the 16th LN? But it seems more probable rather then 14 LN's in 24 episodes.
Old 2011-10-10, 11:18   Link #210
Sakai Yuji
坂井 悠二

That scene from volume 8 was supposed to happen in season 1 (but they started showing it in the first episode of SNS Final), while volume 16 is season 3.
Old 2011-10-12, 19:33   Link #211
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Future Episode Titles and Summaries

Episode 2: What Must Come (October 14): Sydonay of the Bal Masque's Trinity engulfs the Shanghai post of Outlaw in flames. At that time, in the Seireiden, the castle of the Bal Masque, an amassing of troops is taking place, with the purpose of preparing for the return of power of the Crimson Denizens. This is the sign of an all-out war between Flame Haze and Crimson Denizens just waiting to happen.

Episode 3: For the Sake of the Journey (October 21): Yuji Sakai is and is no longer Yuji Sakai. He arrives at the place where he was born and raised: Misaki City. His short trip across town confirms that he still has the memories of Yuji Sakai. Meanwhile, Shana, Margery, and Wilhelmina approach the Crimson God.

Episode 4: A Reunion, A Chance Meeting (October 28): The Crimson Lord Yuji Sakai stands at one of the steel spires of the Misaki City Bridge. A bewildered Shana, Margery and Wilhelmina listens to his response to this unexpected reality. And, Yuji reveals his new form, bathed in black flames.

Episode 5: Imprisoned Flame Haze (November 4): The God of Punishment, "Flame of Heaven" Alastor and his equal, the God of Creation, the "Snake of the Festival". The being who in ancient times was entombed inside the Eternal Pitfall, the "Snake of the Festival", is now resurrected and is now merged with Yuji. In the nature of Flame Haze and Crimson Denizens, Shana and Yuji clash.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-10-15 at 22:11. Reason: welp
Old 2011-10-13, 11:24   Link #212
Nietono no Shana
Godsword

Awesome, thanks so much.
Old 2011-10-15, 22:00   Link #213
alvinkhorfire

Thanks, Marcus H..

Spoiler for Thoughts Of Episode 5:
Old 2011-10-28, 17:12   Link #214
Senshigeia

I saw episode 4 already. I couldn't resist and I watched it in raw anyway, in spite of not knowing japanese... I am waiting for the Episode 4 thread, just so I can share my "post-Shana-new-episode" experience
Old 2011-10-28, 22:12   Link #215
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Future Episode Titles and Summaries

Episode 4: A Reunion, A Chance Meeting (October 28): The Crimson Lord Yuji Sakai stands at one of the steel spires of the Misaki City Bridge. A bewildered Shana, Margery and Wilhelmina listens to his response to this unexpected reality. And, Yuji reveals his new form, bathed in black flames.

Episode 5: Imprisoned Flame Haze (November 4): The God of Punishment, "Flame of Heaven" Alastor and his equal, the God of Creation, the "Snake of the Festival". The being who in ancient times was entombed inside the Eternal Pitfall, the "Snake of the Festival", is now resurrected and is now merged with Yuji. In the nature of Flame Haze and Crimson Denizens, Shana and Yuji clash.
It appears that J. C. Staff has decided to condense the aforementioned two episodes into a single Episode 4. The preview at the end of Episode 4 does show a scene of Shana being captured by Yuji at Seireiden.

Anyways, it would be great to have the updated future episode titles and summaries for Episode 5 to 10 here.

Edit: My earlier comment could be wrong. The title of Episode 5 is correct, but its summary seems to be a reflection and review of Episode 4, rather than an actual summary of Episode 5. Again, all of these are just my opinion.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-10-28 at 22:27.
Old 2011-11-17, 09:46   Link #216
alvinkhorfire

It is frustrating to see Shana losing in the final round of International Saimoe League 2011 Single Elimination. Anyway, I should not discuss this anymore. Let's get back to business, shall we?

Here are the episode titles and their respective descriptions:

Source

Credits to piku for posting the link in blog.

Quote:
7話(11/18) 神門(しんもん)
•“紅世(ぐぜ)の王”ヘカテーの思いが水色の炎弾(えんだん)となってシャナに襲いかかる。炎弾で部屋の 原型すらなくなろうとしたとき、“祭礼(さいれい)の蛇(へび)”悠二(ゆうじ)が止めに入る。彼の口から シャナを生かしている意味と“蛇”が悠二の姿を纏(まと)っている理由が語られる。
•脚本=白根秀樹 演出=未定 絵コンテ=米谷よしとも 作画監督=未定

8話(11/25) 開戦
•“祭礼の蛇”の神体を帰還させるため、三柱臣(トリニティ)は神門に向かい、残された“徒(ともがら)” らは一斉に行動を開始。フレイムヘイズと“徒”の全面戦争が始まった。一方、ヴィルヘルミナは、炎髪灼眼( えんぱつしゃくがん)奪還計画を遂行すべく“とある宝具”を探していた。
•脚本=砂山蔵澄 演出=神保昌登 絵コンテ=米谷よしとも 作画監督=服部憲和、阿部弘樹

9話(12/2) 星黎殿(せいれいでん)へ
•“天道宮(てんどうきゅう)”と“星黎殿”は一定の距離に近づくと、双方を繋ぐ通路が修復され、自由に行 き来できるようになる。ヴィルヘルミナらは、その通路を利用して“星黎殿”に内部から奇襲を仕掛ける。その ころ“逆理(ぎゃくり)の裁者(さいしゃ)”ベルペオルの宝具タルタロスで力を封じられているシャナは、た だ一度訪れる契機を待ち続けていた。
•脚本=小林靖子 演出=飛田剛 絵コンテ=未定 作画監督=未定

10話(12/9) 交差点
•脚本=小林靖子 演出=石田暢 絵コンテ=未定 作画監督=未定
Many thanks to those who can translate the text.

Edit: That was a lightning fast translation, Marcus H.. Much appreciated.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-11-17 at 10:30.
Old 2011-11-17, 10:21   Link #217
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Episode 07: Shrine Gates (November 18)
• The Crimson Lord Hecate unleashes her feelings to Shana in the form of light blue bullets of flame. When the room begins to fill with her flames, "Snake of the Festival" Yuji Sakai steps in to intervene. From the mouth of the God in the form of Yuji comes the meaningful declaration that Shana must be kept alive.

Episode 08: The Beginning of a War (November 25)
• In order to retrieve the Snake of the Festival's original body, the Trinity head towards the Shrine Gates, while the Denizens left behind start their mobilization. The all-out war between the Crimson Denizens and the Flame Haze begins. Meanwhile, Wilhelmina starts a search for "a certain Treasure Tool" so that the mission to rescue Shana could go underway.

Episode 09: To the Seireiden (December 2)
• The Tendoukyuu and the Seireiden approach a certain distance where links between the two masses of land can be connected. Wilhelmina, using the passageway to Seireiden, launches a surprise attack on Bal Masque's base. At that moment, Bel-Peol, whose Treasure Tool Tartaros is sealing Shana's powers, appears, as if waiting for an opportunity.

Episode 10: When Paths Cross (December 9)

Old 2011-11-17, 10:40   Link #218
elleinad00

ohh golly it's going EPIC!
Old 2011-11-17, 12:25   Link #219
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

the entire war sequence will take up one whole cour then.....
Old 2011-11-18, 02:53   Link #220
redflame

WOW!!! Can't wait to see how the war unfolds~!!!