AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2013-11-17, 18:59   Link #861
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Is there a definitive list for the 8 Higurashi arcs of "this is the original music in every scene" and "this is what mangagamer replaced it with"?
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 19:28   Link #862
gekomees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Spinning seesaw. I remember it more from my PSP higurashi game.
Thanks! Didn't even occur to me to check the soundtrack from the action games.
gekomees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 09:17   Link #863
Draugur

Drama CDs

I have purchased the Drama CDs for Onikakushi, Watanagashi and Meakashi so far. I have started to learn Japanese recently, so I hope one day I'll understand most of it. I would also like to buy the other Drama CDs but it seems amazon.co.jp doesn't ship them outside of Japan, and amazon.com doesn't offer them. Does anybody know where I could get them for a reasonable price?
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 22:15   Link #864
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugur View Post
I have purchased the Drama CDs for Onikakushi, Watanagashi and Meakashi so far. I have started to learn Japanese recently, so I hope one day I'll understand most of it. I would also like to buy the other Drama CDs but it seems amazon.co.jp doesn't ship them outside of Japan, and amazon.com doesn't offer them. Does anybody know where I could get them for a reasonable price?
I don't know if it has them all, but I know I've seen some of the Higurashi drama CDs on amiami.com (they might be out of stock now, though).
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 20:37   Link #865
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Can anybody tell me whats on the DVD exactly for this one? Are they the music trailers for Kizuna or did the artist actually made music videos for their respective songs?

http://www.play-asia.com/higurashi-n...n-70-3w6p.html
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 00:43   Link #866
Joly
モエカステル

Those are pretty much the opening movies from the Alchemist-released games (Kizuna, Matsuri, Daybreak Portable.)
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 00:52   Link #867
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Ohhhh, thats very tempting. I might get it after all
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 11:44   Link #868
xPearse

This...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vWR...ure=youtu.be&a
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 04:07   Link #869
fireflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Dear lord.

The first time I listened to this song, I was laughing my ass off. "You die? I dead. Do you know Oyashiro-sama? No. Hinamizawa."
This version sounds a lot better than the original. Then again, that dance is so hilarious that it makes me cringe.
fireflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 04:21   Link #870
fireflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugur View Post
As far as I know, ordering from Amazon.co.jp or Toranoana via proxy would be your best bet. Proxies are expensive, but if you order multiple items it should work out (I recommend proxyrabbit).
fireflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 08:29   Link #871
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I was able to get my stuff from amazon.jp just fine, I think most cases they do ship internationally. It also might appear on ebay.
Old 2014-12-22, 22:08   Link #872
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

I've got a few questions about Drama CDs, I hope you guys won't mind lending me a hand!

First off, I would like to collect the Official Higurashi Drama CDs, and I found this super awesome collection of the Question Arcs. Does anyone know if there exists something similar for the Answer Arcs, or if I have to get all of those separately? And on that same note, the people who made these Drama CDs also have a second line of Higurashi CDs, but I have no idea what these are and if they're worth looking into.

I've also heard that there's a Higurashi Hou Drama CD coming out, but I haven't found any websites or pages for it, so I don't know if this is true or not. Anybody out there know?

Finally, does anyone know if this Doujin Circle sells physical copies of their Dramas? (They've made a few Higurashi Crossover CDs.)

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 2014-12-22 at 23:21.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 00:21   Link #873
Joly
モエカステル

As far as I know, there is no bundle pack for the Answer Arcs (yet?) The second line of drama CDs you mentioned is of some of the Kataribanashi-hen (Omorashi de Naku Koro ni Kanwakyuukei-hen, Limit, Yukiwatashi-hen ... I can't remember what other comics from the anthology were adapted into the drama CD) stories. I say they're definitely worth looking into.

Yes, a Hou drama CD is coming out. Only those who bought the Hou novel can buy it.

That doujin circle you mentioned sells physical copies of their dramas, but can only be bought at doujin events.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 00:50   Link #874
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
As far as I know, there is no bundle pack for the Answer Arcs (yet?) The second line of drama CDs you mentioned is of some of the Kataribanashi-hen (Omorashi de Naku Koro ni Kanwakyuukei-hen, Limit, Yukiwatashi-hen ... I can't remember what other comics from the anthology were adapted into the drama CD) stories. I say they're definitely worth looking into.
Alright, I will once I've gotten all of the main series. (The bit about the Answer Arcs kind of stinks, though, considering there are a lot more volumes in the Answer Arcs than in the Question Arcs.)

Quote:
Yes, a Hou drama CD is coming out. Only those who bought the Hou novel can buy it.
Aah, that sucks. I bought mine through eBay, and I don't even think that Toranoana does international shipping. It looks adorable though, maybe there'll be a reprint someday?

Quote:
That doujin circle you mentioned sells physical copies of their dramas, but can only be bought at doujin events.
Aaah, so once again, it's not something I can check out.

Well, thank you a ton for your answers!
Old 2014-12-23, 18:16   Link #875
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gaffney View Post
Is there a definitive list for the 8 Higurashi arcs of "this is the original music in every scene" and "this is what mangagamer replaced it with"?
Does anyone know the answer to this question? I'm also interested in a comparison of what mangagamer replaced the original music with.
Old 2014-12-24, 13:34   Link #876
07th

There are none, mainly due to MG replacing multiple tracks with one (even replacing same tracks in different games differently).
If anything, you have better chances finding a list of Matsuri <-> original music.

However, you can look at ozoz93's Youtube channel and get a comparison for Question arcs; as for the Answer arcs, search for filenames of the MG music (b08_izyou, for example), and you could find something like this:
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/5499208

After all, if you do want something done, do all the work yourself.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 13:57   Link #877
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07th View Post
There are none, mainly due to MG replacing multiple tracks with one (even replacing same tracks in different games differently).
If anything, you have better chances finding a list of Matsuri <-> original music.

However, you can look at ozoz93's Youtube channel and get a comparison for Question arcs; as for the Answer arcs, search for filenames of the MG music (b08_izyou, for example), and you could find something like this:
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/5499208

After all, if you do want something done, do all the work yourself.
Yea, I noticed that when I had a look at the games files myself. Although you are right, most of the time you have to do it yourself. Although I do wonder if or when they stopped replacing music, as I remember reading it was mostly for the early games, so possibly Kai onward has no replaced music. Anyone have any info there?
Old 2014-12-24, 16:42   Link #878
07th

If you have a look at that link, you'll see for yourself.
Although yes, in Kai they did have some of the original music, for which they thank some composers in the credits.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 11:24   Link #879
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Yea, I noticed that when I had a look at the games files myself. Although you are right, most of the time you have to do it yourself. Although I do wonder if or when they stopped replacing music, as I remember reading it was mostly for the early games, so possibly Kai onward has no replaced music. Anyone have any info there?
I think it was around Tsumihoroboshi, I'm not sure. I think that's where Higurashi began using mostly original music, and Meakashi had some original music, I think, because they mostly played the same three songs over and over again(trying to replace the songs cut, I think.)
Old 2014-12-27, 11:03   Link #880
einhorn303

The MangaGamer release of the answer arcs is still missing a few tracks, I believe from specific musicians. I don't know the story, but I guess they couldn't be reached for permission, or just didn't want their music used for some reason. I think propane mode is missing, and Fuuiki, who contributed this memorable track (spoilers for story of EP7 + EP8).

This guy has all the MangaGamer Kai tracks, along with what they replaced: https://www.youtube.com/user/ozoz93/videos. They're not all collected into a single playlist, so they can be hard to navigate, but it's quite useful!
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote