081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-04, 02:41   Link #401
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
again, am i the only one who thinks that the ELS looks almost like a CG Robo from Machine Robo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 03:14   Link #402
lubczyk

Ok, something I don't get.

How did Aeolia Schenberg know there were aliens on Jupiter and that a dialogue would take place 300 years into the future? He wasn't on the Europa probe or anything.

Adding the whole Innovator AND Aliens into the whole thing makes it even more stupid in my opinon.

I'm guessing the 2nd Gundam 00 movie is going ot have Zombie Gundam Meisters fending off Cthulhu.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 03:17   Link #403
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Ok, something I don't get.

How did Aeolia Schenberg know there were aliens on Jupiter and that a dialogue would take place 300 years into the future? He wasn't on the Europa probe or anything.
Aeolia knew that there was going to be alien contact eventually. But they never said he knew it was going to be 300 years into the future, nor did he know that they would be in Jupiter. He likely did not even know what kind of aliens mankind would face. All he is said to have known is that humanity should not go out into deep space whilst warring amongst itself. The three elements of the GN Drive, Innovators and Quantum Brainwaves could have been used on anything other than the ELS.

The fact that GN Drives needed to be built in Jupiter, and that it was the Europa that got assimilated is just an unhappy coincidence.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 03:19   Link #404
Spartanz1170

Just saw it today, was a bit unimpressed with the aliens plot device but they did ok with it. The battle scenes however were amazing and of course the gundam themselves were badass....
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 03:25   Link #405
Chase

It was a good movie as a whole but the way things were layed out after Setsuna made his choice and things were decided left me sick. After watching all these episodes and then this movie i can't help but think to myself "this is it?, really? thats how they choose to let the main characters ride off?". Its almost mind fucking to me. After all that with Feldt, what happened to her? She clearly loved Setsuna and you wasn't going to let Setsuna/Feldt happen but you don't even show how she ended up? May not be a big deal to a lot of you but its re-occurring theme to my beef with out this are layed out when its over. Why does Setsuna wait to visit Marina when she's old? Sumeragi ship? But what about her? Saji/Louise? Etc, etc, i can't think straight at the moment enough to really shell out what i have beef with. I don't know, part of me wishes i didn't watch it all because now i feel like i was robbed of something. I understand the moral of what was showed at the end but i just feel like after all the time invested in the main's(with the particular supporting cast) that something better fitting of a ending for them would play out but thats just me i guess. This movie was not bad, a 9 for me. Im just a little upset
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2011-01-04 at 03:40.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 04:11   Link #406
chickdigger802

I do love the red herring at the beginning though with the 'movie'.

Thought the movie would just be a 'season 3' for 00. I would have been pretty pissed. 2nd half of 00 was bad enough.

Still I do feel like they kinda ran out of budget by the end. I assume making the alien world would cost a lot of art assets even if it's mostly abstract stuff.

Anyone else notice how aliens are pretty much rubber suit people style (star wars, gintama sb yamato, etc) or geometric shapes (half the stuff they meet in star trek)?

A big issue I have is that the character designs are way too similar. I have no clue who half the males were (didn't know about the russian dude's son until they flashed back to a pic). Probably just because I haven't seen 00 for a while.
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 04:43   Link #407
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
A big issue I have is that the character designs are way too similar. I have no clue who half the males were (didn't know about the russian dude's son until they flashed back to a pic). Probably just because I haven't seen 00 for a while.
Urgh, what....? I have a feeling it's not their issue, but yours. =/

Even with his helmet on, I can tell that's Andrei at first look.
Old 2011-01-04, 06:14   Link #408
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
IA big issue I have is that the character designs are way too similar. I have no clue who half the males were (didn't know about the russian dude's son until they flashed back to a pic). Probably just because I haven't seen 00 for a while.
What...the blueberry fuck muffins are you TALKING ABOUT?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 06:33   Link #409
monster

This movie is really something. Is it just me or is that the longest battle sequence ever in Gundam? Sheesh, I was barely past the midpoint of the movie and already I felt tired (in a good way). As for whether the movie is good or fit to be called Gundam, all I know is that I was entertained by it. I watched the entire thing without thinking of Macross or other non-relevant issues and simply enjoyed watching another addition to the Gundam franchise.

Though I must admit I didn't expect the aliens to be used simply as a plot device. It almost makes me want to see them continuing with the story of the Sumeragi ship. They can call it Gundam 00 Universe.

Anyways, fun movie, let's see what's next for this franchise.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 06:40   Link #410
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
This movie is really something. Is it just me or is that the longest battle sequence ever in Gundam? Sheesh, I was barely past the midpoint of the movie and already I felt tired (in a good way). As for whether the movie is good or fit to be called Gundam, all I know is that I was entertained by it. I watched the entire thing without thinking of Macross or other non-relevant issues and simply enjoyed watching another addition to the Gundam franchise.

Though I must admit I didn't expect the aliens to be used simply as a plot device. It almost makes me want to see them continuing with the story of the Sumeragi ship. They can call it Gundam 00 Universe.

Anyways, fun movie, let's see what's next for this franchise.
Probably nothing...maybe a manga about the events between the movie and epilogue, or a small OVA about 00P.

The latter has a 10/100 chance of happening, but we'll see.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 06:43   Link #411
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Probably nothing...maybe a manga about the events between the movie and epilogue, or a small OVA about 00P.

The latter has a 10/100 chance of happening, but we'll see.
Just to be clear, I was referring to the Gundam franchise as a whole, not just 00.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 07:04   Link #412
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Anyone forgot the one and only casualty from Celestial Being side? Poor Red Haro....blown up in 00 Raiser when Seravee II self destruct...
Old 2011-01-04, 07:13   Link #413
Lilithium
Banned

This movie was as boring as the first Star Trek film was for me, minus the white decor, uniforms, and so on. I didn't get half of what was going on. Some of it was obvious, other parts of it were so new and random that you had to go along with what you were being shown.

To think this is what has become of the Gundam franchise. It's extremely displeasing to me. I like the old style of Gundam, before the super powered Gundam Wing, before the semi-realistic/let's get in touch with current issues Gundam 00, and now the horrendous addition of...."WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE GUNDAM 00 MOVIE".

Okay, so..let's hope they go back awesome stuff such as MS IGLOO, 0079, 0083, and more of Unicorn! Here's to looking very intently towards the future.
Lilithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 07:17   Link #414
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Anyways, if you don't understand what the movie was about, you probably lost yourself in some mysteries.

I can emphatize with you, but...Gundam is already not as straightforward as it seems. And people are enjoying it.

So, my point is, get over the old Gundam.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 07:29   Link #415
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithium View Post
To think this is what has become of the Gundam franchise. It's extremely displeasing to me. I like the old style of Gundam, before the super powered Gundam Wing, before the semi-realistic/let's get in touch with current issues Gundam 00, and now the horrendous addition of...."WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE GUNDAM 00 MOVIE".
Are you mistaking Gundam Wing with Zeta Gundam? I'm sure you are. And if you can't understand what's going on....how did you understand what's going in Gundam Unicorn without reading the novel first?

But hey, I've been hearing this kind of argument since the day of Gundam Seed, haven't I? People seem to think that bringing UC timeline will make their argument sound superior than others, but let me tell you something. It's not. I enjoy MS IGLOO (all 3 parts), Gundam Unicorn, MS 08th Team, or whatever your UC stuffs, and even Gundam Seed, Gundam Wing, God Gundam, Gundam X, and here I am enjoy Gundam 00, because I watch it for what it is, not because I expected it to rehash another UC plot.
Honestly, you sound like those people who think Final Fantasy VIII is worse than VII because there is no Cloud in it.
Old 2011-01-04, 08:09   Link #416
ninja_pintu

Well, didn't really like the ending(I mean, what's the point with so much buildup with Feldt?-_-)
Even before that, things were too predictable.
I liked the idea they were trying to present, but still it did feel like they were pushing it a little.It felt a bit forced how Celestial being assumed that understanding ELS will end the war(Sure they only thought of it as a hope but even then, the confidence felt a bit unnatural).
As for the rest of the movie, it was pretty enjoyable. I liked the overall plot. The way trucks were attacking people in the beginning made it feel like I was watching a horror movie
Fights were pretty awesome as well(though I wanted to see more of those awesome Gundams)
Overall I'll give this 8.
Old 2011-01-04, 08:20   Link #417
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
Well, didn't really like the ending(I mean, what's the point with so much buildup with Feldt?-_-)
That's why I thought they should drop the whole Feldt x Setsuna in the beginning (or way back in S2), because it's going nowhere. All it does is hurting the show (at least to the shippers, because frankly, I don't really care about that. I've been thinking the most natural one is Setsuna and Marina), and that's their bad choice for the movie.
Old 2011-01-04, 08:53   Link #418
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
This movie is stupid! I mean seriously
You should stop thinking this is Gundam and start thinking Independence Day.

Quote:

- Why is Alejandro Corner is in the movie but apparently it was a ' parody movie' within a movie where Saji watching it in a Movie Theater at the beginning. Even the 'fake' meister themselves. God, I guess I was wrong then.
Its a propaganda movie. They needed a bad guy but I don't think all the details have been released to the public.

Quote:
- why is Descartes Shaman deserves to die so early by ELS?!
To show body horror and how fraked up Humans are. Season 2 finale hyped Innovators and Descartes being the only confirmed Innovator dying shows how hopeless the ESF is.

Quote:

- Why should we have to wait till 1 hour 30 minutes to see QAN-T in action? Your 00 Raiser wasn't good enough to stop the ELS where it can Shape-shifting, Setsuna. Because it only takes about 13 minutes in 43 seconds including the 1st part.
Its a movie not a OVA. If you've noticed Setsuna has been in three machines in the movie.

Quote:

- Why do we need some pointless innovator peoples like Ribbons Almack I mean it was turned out into ELS & a newscaster who looks like Anew from S2? I mean Lockon would be like 'Gee, I wish Anew can see this'.
Innovades are not Innovators. Innovades are living terminals of Veda the Quantum Computer.

Quote:
- Why is this movie turns out to be Michael Bay's Transformer movie? I mean ELS can Shape-Shifting anything! It's kinda like ALL-SPARK!
More like they ripped off Macross, Gunbuster/Diebuster and Betterman in plot devices.

Transformers though alien is realatable being individuals. The ELS is a hivemind which mind rapes people with quantum brainwaves.

Quote:
- I wonder what is up with Lockon, Alle & Marie, Saji & Louise been up to after the ELS invasion was over.
Paraphrasing Kawamori on the fates of Hikaru. Misa and Minmay at the end of Macross and their departure in Macross 2012. Only God knows.

It's not covered in the movie or the manga.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 09:05   Link #419
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You should stop thinking this is Gundam and start thinking Independence Day.
I mean seriously, this movie has been received some negative reviews according to movie critics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Paraphrasing Kawamori on the fates of Hikaru. Misa and Minmay at the end of Macross and their departure in Macross 2012. Only God knows.

It's not covered in the movie or the manga.
I mean god, it's totally uncleared that what ever happened to those survivors. Seriously, What's the point?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 09:27   Link #420
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I read RC's review and do see some good points to the movie now. It is well rounded and it didn't feel like a long, never ending movie. It just doesn't live up to my personal expectation and opinion of what Gundam is: human vs. human. I always saw Gundam 00 as an interesting take on the original ideas and liked how one man planned so much, instead of getting whacked leaving a son to cry at the world and a daughter to be forgotten.

Do we know if aliens were planned at the start of the series or if they were thought of later on?