AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-10-11, 18:09   Link #2201
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
^ Not everyone here is a manga reader. For those that dont' know what happens next, openings like these kinda spoil certain things and if not the plot, then some elements of surprise. Those who read manga like to express their feelings and give a point that certain thing is spoilerific as well.
Old 2010-10-11, 18:17   Link #2202
Clarste
Human

Eh, this OP wasn't as bad, spoiler-wise as previous ones have been. It'll make sense right from the beginning of the next arc. Mostly it just shows a bunch of characters that haven't been introduced yet, which isn't a huge deal.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 18:36   Link #2203
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
^ Not everyone here is a manga reader. For those that dont' know what happens next, openings like these kinda spoil certain things and if not the plot, then some elements of surprise. Those who read manga like to express their feelings and give a point that certain thing is spoilerific as well.
why do manga readers feel the need to point out to everyone when something is spoiled?

like said all it really does has been showing upcoming characters, and possible fight matchups. hardly the need to cry to mommy about finding out darth vader is luke's dad
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 18:48   Link #2204
GreatTeacherKen

Well some people don't like being spoiled, especially since some twists are arguably more effective if you don't see them coming.

Then again, pointing out something is a spoiler does kind of give it away so maybe it'd be better not to say anything at all.

In any case, people concerned about spoilers can generally avoid them by skipping the opening animation, next episode previews, and avoiding any discussion of the manga/source material.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 18:55   Link #2205
amjzz

One of the best things of fairy tail manga is the surprise.

The OPs ruin it completely by summarizing all the arc in 1 min.

A person that hasn't read the manga can see which characters will appear, the kind of magic of the enemies and in what will the arc focus.

From the opening a no manga reader can see this:

Warning, spoilers from the next arc based on the OP:

Spoiler for Opening:

Manga readers can see how accurate these descriptions are to this arc.

OP1 was the best, it didn't gave spoilers and only show many things that seem unrelated to the story.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 19:11   Link #2206
Clarste
Human

Those aren't big spoilers. We'll know basically 95% of what they showed at the very beginning of the next arc, which should be in three episodes. Compared to the previous two openings, this is nothing and complaining about it just seems silly.

Also, some of your points are things that the OP doesn't show, and that you're only inferring because of what you already know. You're not actually looking at it from the perspective of the anime viewers that you claim to want to protect, so your entire point is questionable.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 19:20   Link #2207
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post

A person that hasn't read the manga can see which characters will appear, the kind of magic of the enemies and in what will the arc focus.

Spoiler for Opening:
OP1 was the best, it didn't gave spoilers and only show many things that seem unrelated to the story.
Spoiler for Opening:

The opening shows a lot of different things but there is no context behind them so anime only watches can't know for sure that they aren't just random images... at least until people point out that they are spoilers.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 19:28   Link #2208
amjzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Also, some of your points are things that the OP doesn't show, and that you're only inferring because of what you already know. You're not actually looking at it from the perspective of the anime viewers that you claim to want to protect, so your entire point is questionable.
Like which?. Even if i read the manga, all that was said was only based in the OP which may be wrong or rigth.

Warning, more "spoilers" based on the op:

Spoiler for OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
Spoiler for Opening:

The opening shows a lot of different things but there is no context behind them so anime only watches can't know for sure that they aren't just random images... at least until people point out that they are spoilers.
People don't need to be point out that those are spoilers, its obvious.

They see new characters in the OP, its obvious these characters will appear in the arc.

Why x thing happen?. It doesn't matter, show that happen is enough spoiler.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 21:10   Link #2209
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Erza and Lucy in Bunny costumes dam that Gajeel for pushing Lucy out of the way
Old 2010-10-11, 21:55   Link #2210
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Need more bunny girl Elza!!!!!!!!!!!!

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 03:47   Link #2211
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Those aren't big spoilers. We'll know basically 95% of what they showed at the very beginning of the next arc, which should be in three episodes. Compared to the previous two openings, this is nothing and complaining about it just seems silly.
Yeah i totally agree. This is a pretty mild OP compared to the past few.

Didn't really like the ED. Focusing just on Wendy just suit well with me, especially going by the amount of inner stories we shall encounter in the next arc, ah well.

Though before that we have next weeks episode, which is sure to be my favorite of the series.
Old 2010-10-12, 05:07   Link #2212
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Whoa... notice the dip in animation quality? The preview segment isn't animated anymore. I guess a few episodes may appear a little rushed.

The omake didn't have so much stuff in it. They added some time filler in there with the magazine shoot and they changed some dialogue between Natsu and Lucy in the end in order to fit this event right after Fantasia. The omake takes place at a different point in the timeline. They even added scenes of Wendy wandering around doing her shopping. She walks past her future comrades without taking notice of them. . .

By the way, Natsu was her fated encounter.

In the original story, he wants to celebrate the one year anniversary since they met. . . wanted to spend time with her. They rewrote the dialogue since it makes a reference to the exact length of time Lucy has been in Fairy Trail. They don't want to establish how much time has taken place since Lucy joined Fairy Tail, just yet. If they stayed true to the omake, no way in hell the little girl would be wandering around in the background... there would be a whole lot more spoilers.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 09:50   Link #2213
Viperflame

about the latest episode, what kind of potion is Juvia holding?

and we will be getting to see Gray and Lyon kicking Dark Guild's butts and strips at the same time
Viperflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 11:52   Link #2214
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperflame View Post
about the latest episode, what kind of potion is Juvia holding?
Unknown. The next episode adapts one of the special chapters, and throws in some anime original material. So what the potion is could be anything. Though based on the title, people acting strangely, and Juvia, I'd suspect love potion or an attempt at one.

Anyways, an amusing episode. I was wondering how they'd adapt a chapter that was supposed to have been a little while ago, and an omake chapter set nowhere near the present. It worked out pretty well. They had to change the meaning of the "fateful encounter" but I suspect they wanted to adapt the omake more for the jokes in it than that.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 14:31   Link #2215
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well ep 49 was different in that there was quite a few changes in particular the part with Wendy and the fateful encounter, I didn't expect to see Wendy so soon and I was expecting the birthday thing but we didn't get that. I was disappointed in they changed the birthday thing.
Well from non manga view, I'd say they did a good job of melding and shifting the material around pretty well but since I've the read the manga some of it I found a tad iffy even tho I've liked most of the AO stuff they have done so far.

I will say this tho, oh dear lord did I find the red head ponytailed beauty in the magazine spread absolutely delightful and !
Damn I wish she was a part of the story.

Next ep looks pretty fun, so looking forward to that!
Old 2010-10-12, 14:40   Link #2216
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This episode was totally COOOOOOOL, especially the reporter's interaction with Natsu Random loli scenes felt out of place but still, there was lots of humour and a tiny bit of romance...Lucy really has bad luck btw, that author wannabe ditched her for Kana in a split second without looking back!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 21:53   Link #2217
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I don't think he ditched her so much as only saw her as a friend and fellow author. Though he did seem to fall awfully fast for Cana on the basis of looks, and when you consider that, both Cana and Lucy look pretty good. But everyone has their tastes, so, I dunno, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 22:58   Link #2218
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
... and when you consider that, both Cana and Lucy look pretty good. But everyone has their tastes, so, I dunno, heh.
But getting punished/melee'd by Cana (or Elza for that matter) looks a lot more fun.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 23:19   Link #2219
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post

Spoiler for Opening:

Manga readers can see how accurate these descriptions are to this arc.

I usually just ignore the openings till the end of the arc
Old 2010-10-13, 05:02   Link #2220
Bombo
TSF Fans

Can someone do sign for me please?
I want the scene in OP when they dancing "the three with their boss " before the OP ending :d
1:38-40
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen