Zyzolol

Question LF similar animes's

Hello Animesuki, I am looking for similar animes to these:

Kanon (2006) TV 2006
Clannad TV 2007
Clannad After Story TV 2008
5 Centimeters per Second Movie 2007
Gintama TV

Preferably somewhat closer to 'Clannad AFS & Kanon 2006)
Old 2011-05-24, 13:44   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzolol View Post
Hello Animesuki, I am looking for similar animes to these:

Kanon (2006) TV 2006
Clannad TV 2007
Clannad After Story TV 2008
5 Centimeters per Second Movie 2007
Gintama TV

Preferably somewhat closer to 'Clannad AFS & Kanon 2006)
You forgot to put 2006 on Gintama.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-05-24, 13:50   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well you might aswell watch Air TV. It's an anime adaptation of one the three big Key Visual Novels (the other two were Kanon and Clannad). There's also Angel Beats as it's written by the same person involved in all three visual novels.

5 Centimeters Per Second was written by Makoto Shinkai. If you liked 5 Centimeters Per Second, then I recommend Voices of a Distant Star and The Place Promised In Our Early Days as it's some of Shinkai's earlier works. They're very similar.

I would also have to recommend Toradora! and Honey & Clover for more romcom and drama.

There's also:
Bungaku Shoujo
True Tears
Cross Game
Kannagi
Spice & Wolf
Yosuga no Sora
Old 2011-05-24, 14:58   Link #4
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

For something along the lines of Kanon / Clannad (Visual Novels turned anime that actually manage to feature a conclusive ending), aside from the already aforementioned Air, i would say give ef - a Tale of Memories and its sequel: ef - a Tale of Melodies a try. The overly artsy visuals employed by the director at times can take some getting used to, but the stories are very well worth it, featuring some excellent characters, pretty profound drama and decent conclusions to the respective tales being told within the title.

Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~ is another title i would suggest, for your fill of romance and drama with a little touch of supernatural to the setting. Features rarely decisive and likable male lead, and the romance side here moves faster than one usually would expect from the genre. A quite satisfying ride overall.

Canvas 2 is also a long-standing favorite of mine, featuring a very strong support cast and a female lead (Elis) who undergoes a rarely seen amount of character development as the series progresses. Like the above, the romance side features a conclusive ending when all is said and done (and there is a lot to be said considering the two cour nature of the title).
Old 2011-05-24, 15:17   Link #5
kitten320

Air and Angel Beats are main recommendations since they are from the same creator.

Otherwise you can try:
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - it is airing right now.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai - school romance but more comedy based with small seperate arcs, different from Clannad and Kanon but still worth a try.

Chobits
Spice and Wolf
Toradora

Otome Youkai Zakuro - it has some action but it still has romance too which is more important here.

Romeo x Juliet - I think title says it all.

Suzuka - a school based romance/drama with love triangle

Didn't like Gintama so can't recommend much but you can try K-ON and Working!! which are comedies. And you can try Hakuouki, it is about Shinsengumi but on a more seriouse note. You can see Okita (the guy who tries to kill Hijikata in Gintama all the time) in my signature from the series.
Old 2011-05-24, 17:46   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Strong second for Ef and AnoHana. I would also recommend Sola, by the same author as Kanon.
Old 2011-05-24, 17:52   Link #7
Zyzolol

Wink

Yes thank you all for your inputs very helpfull.

Ive seen some of the mentioned anime's before I just did not mention them because I felt that Clannad and Kanon is in another level them those, even though the rest of them are not bad per se.

I found a couple of new ones that caught my attention that I will watch tomorrow, though if you should come up with anything else my fav genre's are

Drama, Romance, Comedy, School Life, Slice of Life (Not in any particular order)

That has somewhat of 'visiual-appeal', that being said preferably something that's done after 2005-2006 up to present. ( And don't mind the same author/creator thingy, aslong as as the anime has the same overall feeling to it or has above average score in any of those genre's I just said, then it's all good )

If anyone else has something on their mind or if you should come up with more just shoot

EDIT: Btw I cannot find specifically 'AnoHana' is it this one: EDIT: Btw I cannot find specifically 'AnoHana' is it this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_o_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shir anai

?

Last edited by Zyzolol; 2011-05-24 at 18:03.
Old 2011-05-24, 20:59   Link #8
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yup, that's the one. Understandably, most folks shorten the title!
Old 2011-05-25, 02:13   Link #9
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Since Kyoto Animation did Clannad(and C:AS) and Kanon 2006, I will make my standard KyoAni recommendations:

Second to AIR(tv) since it is Key and KyoAni.

Second to K-ON which is very cute(some accuse it being moeblob) and is a high school comedy with surprisingly little fanservice.

If you like slice-of-life shows, there is always Lucky Star.

Haruhi Suzumiya is a sci-fi/slice of life/comedy with some romantic undertones in regards to the two leads. It is also superbly animated(especially the first season and the movie) and the music is top notch too.
Old 2011-05-28, 20:11   Link #10
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Strong second for Ef and AnoHana. I would also recommend Sola, by the same author as Kanon.
want to second AnoHana (short for "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai" we still don't know the name of that flower). It's ongoing. got a bit of supernatural elements in it as everyone tries to deal with the past that is intricately tied to their current selves. Nostalgic, melancholic, wistful, hopeful but it has its funny moments. Definitely a must-not-miss watch!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2011-05-29, 00:36   Link #11
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

I will also second AnoHana, its very interesting.
Closed Thread