AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2016-04-17, 09:47   Link #58561
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-34 View Post
Just a habit of going off course when someone mentions it. About Ichika's sword, yeah, I'd prefer to use a Mega Blade from ACVD than that trash. Even if it hurts me, there's no need for me to get in melee range. That thing reached across the desert map once and swatted my brother like a fly. Ichika's sword is another special snowflake weapon. I would rather have the protagonist work his way to a better weapon or build it from scratch, rather than have him get it at the start of the series. It's like he had a free "New Game +" save file up his ass.
Well, I don't mind special snowflakes all that much, considering Nanoha and the game franchise that I like basically run on this trope (looking at you, Koryu Sentai OG Numbers). But the fact that it doesn't tie in with his personality at all does bug me a little. At least the Alteisen was basically a a deadtrap that require an insane amount of luck of which Kyosuke have plenty of.

Also, I like doing that with swords in game too. Just have Dancougar standing 10 square away with a Custom CPU Equipped and have it smack a boss around with the Dankuukougaken is hilarious. I wish Canon!Ichika sword could do that.
And that's one of the reason Sacred Twin got me hooked. One of many, anyway.

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 21:27   Link #58562
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
The chirping of birds woke Kanzashi from her slumber. But it seemed as if weight of a mountain was on her eyelids. She tried to rub her eyes, but she realized that her arms, too, were heavy and unmoveable.

Oh, so she was wet. From head to toe.

Memories slowly came back to her. She had jumped into the river to escape from the imperial troopers in pursuit. And looking around (she was sitting on the bed of a small river that ran through a forest), they must had lost her.

A jolt ran down her spine. The baby! Kanzashi put an arm on her stomach, and for the first few minute, desperate reached every corner of her heart as she felt nothing. It was only when the child gave a kick that she could calm herself down. She sat there frozen for a while.

“Ugh…” A weak wimper made her turned around. It was Ichika. He was shivering uncontrolably with arms wrapped tightly around his body.

Kanzashi recognized the all too familiar symptoms – their son was always like this when he caught a fever. She put her husband’s hand into hers. They were as cold as the tombstone.

She needed to move him to somewhere else instead of letting him laid on the dirt and gravel like this. First, she tried to put Ichika on her back. She couldn’t handle his weight. Then she slung his arm on her shoulder, and her other arm support him from behind. It was like all of the bones in his legs had gone, and all left was a pile of meat, unable to stand up.

So, she dragged him by his cloak. Even then, it was a big struggle to move through all of these branches and bushes. Her boots were soften by water, and they sent shiver up with every step of her. Once in a while, the child would kicked and made her sat down until the pain gone away. And soon enough, her slender arms, only fit to flip the pages of a book, became tired and cramped.

It took a while before she could find a suitable spot to rest. It was surrounded by tall oaks, triple canopy so thick that barely any sun was able to pass down. However, the ground itself was actually quite clean and free of moss and insect. There was even the remain of a campfire sitting on the center of the circle. The ash looked old, so Kanzashi need not to worry about being recognized by any man.

She rested Ichika on a flat slab of stone that seemed to have been sat on by many people. His fever was still very high. His arms and legs and body looked pale and lifeless, but his cheek were as red as his hair. Kanzashi’s fingers burned when she touched his forehead.

Gently, his wet cloak was took out first, followed by his boot and puttee. Kanzashi opened his undershirt to find several bruises on the body, some were red and new, some had aged and turned purple. No wound, though, and that was a blessing.

His wet clothes were hanged on a bark so as to dry. She was about to do the same thing when a cool autumn breezed reminded her that it was better to wearing them until her stuff dry. She should also try to make a fire.
--
Kanzashi threw the branches away in fury. She was about to kick up the pile of leaves and wood too, but suddenly her body felt as if all strength had left. The girl exhaustedly fell on her back.

She didn’t feel it when she was on the move, but the moment she sat down, emotions all swelled up at once. Tatenashi was captured, or death. Ichika was on a fever. She was left bare and helpless.

Tear came down on her cheeks, black because of all the dirt and grime, and sucked dry by the greedy earth. It was guilt, it was anger, it was fear, it was desperation, it was the feelings as dark as the night.
Something I write out-of-context.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 09:46   Link #58563
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Something I write out-of-context.
Uhm....That was kinda dark...
...QUICK, TO THE HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY THINGAMAJIG LALALALALALALALALAL imperfectlynormalwhydyouaskohgodwhy?!?!

Old 2016-04-19, 10:45   Link #58564
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
Uhm....That was kinda dark...
...QUICK, TO THE HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY THINGAMAJIG LALALALALALALALALAL imperfectlynormalwhydyouaskohgodwhy?!?!
all it needs now is to kanzashi have to find awat to make ichika sweat out what ever is making him ill
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 00:02   Link #58565
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
How about the IS story about Houki and the other IS girls travels back in time to Ichika's past in order to find out why he have a strong unconscious attraction to his sister Chifuyu as well as his reason to stop playing sports? Including Kendo, as well as being least intelligent. No offense. In other words, Ichika's harem decide to go on time travel to discover the reason why these things have happened. Once they do that, then they can change the future.

Don't you think that I forget about their parent abandoned them when they were kids. The poor guy. Ichika must have a lonely experience after Houki left him during his childhood. As the result, he felt that he lost his only and best friend he ever have in his childhood. He grew depressed without her. Luckily, Chifuyu has never left him and was always be there for him, protect him,and watching over him. Therefore growing up is just the two siblings after they were abandoned by their parents. Therefore Ichika's very attached to his sister. He was able to heal little by little and move on. That maybe the reason why Ichika hardly recognized her when they met up again in high school. He had to give up his Kendo training just so that he could take care of the house like a house husband while his sister working at school to make money for them to live on by themselves due to the family issues.

Edit: After the IS girls came back from Ichika's past, then they would double their efforts to make Ichika to notice that he's not alone anymore,and then get him to notice them as women. But it won't be easy for him as they have the same agenda.

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2016-04-21 at 10:02.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 03:27   Link #58566
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So I've been playing MGR which is about 2 years after it was released... so what if we played devil's advocate and reversed the idea of Madoka growing up with Ichika and Chifuyu? Instead Ichika was taken with Madoka to live as terrorist mercenaries?

In the day and age where IS are used as a deterrent and possible military option, nobody sees minor terrorist activities as a major tgreat. The only real alarming group is Phantom Task who do own IS.

The pair have no IS. Instead Ichika has a cybernetic right arm to replace one he lost during a campaign and is implanted with nanites to better interface with his arm as well as increase his raw physical and mental abilities.

Madoka has a nanomachine suit that allows her to interface with machines and can give her optic camouflage. The nanomachine suit can also liquify under her command and reform as a machine under her command. It is mentally linked to her brain.

The pair are enterprising soldiers of fortune with barely any sense of ethical ideology taking almosy any job, even terrorizing innocents so long as it means keeping each other alive.

ISA act as a pseudo paramilitary peacekeeping force on the side and the Orimura twins are known for surviving the ISA peacekeeping force.
Old 2016-04-21, 05:41   Link #58567
DarkJak2050

That sounds like something I would be interested in reading. Not so sure about everyone else though...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 09:49   Link #58568
SRW-Otaku

That sound like something Kojima would be proud of. And I dig it.
Only if Ichika pick up a laser/light/photon/beam/roche/plasma blade/saber/cutter can this fic gets any more epic

Old 2016-04-21, 16:41   Link #58569
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
That sound like something Kojima would be proud of. And I dig it.
Only if Ichika pick up a laser/light/photon/beam/roche/plasma blade/saber/cutter can this fic gets any more epic
or an epic battle BETWEEN ICHIKA, MADOKA & CHIFUYU, if that happens, we'll find out which of the orimura siblings is the best IS PILOT
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 03:34   Link #58570
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ichika is supposed to be a cross between jetstream sam and senator armstrong. There's also a hint of blade wolf and raiden considering his weapons of choice are throwing knives and a broad katana, all of which interfaces with his nanomachines. It allows him to tune them into heat blades, electrically charged HF blades, and even 0 Kelvin hyper-hard blades. In fact, Ichika can do this with any weapon. He doesn't carry a fire arm seeing as his nanomachines strengthened his skin to eclipse even class V body armor in effectiveness. He prefers to pick up weapons he might need from enemies he's slain instead of lugging around things he normally doesn't use.

Madoka is more traditional, arming herself with a pistol and knife normally, and arming herself with whatever she can get before hand. Though not a sniper, she is no less a skilled marksman, making her a wise choice for giving long ranged assault rifles. What her suit can create is limited to its mass. More nanomachines means more effective and larger constructs but also means more mass to conceal. The optical camouflage is only effective to what it covers and despite able to dampen other methods of detection, place a fair strain on the nanomachines and the user to maintain. Hence Madoka likes to wear little other than her nanomachine suit to lessen the factors she must conceal.

Chifuyu is an instructor leading one group of the ISA peacekeeping force. She is generally the one leading the hunt for the twins. She is however being watched by Tatenashi who is of a high but unknown position in ISA above even Chifuyu. This is under suspicion of Chifuyu being intimiately tied to the terrorists.

Honne owns a robot dog, robot gorilla, and robot raptor, all of which contain learning AI from various scrapped projects that she found. The AI are considered useless considering the IS arms race but Honne has grown attatched to them andbuilt them their current bodies.
Old 2016-04-22, 03:38   Link #58571
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What if Ichika had birth defects like a bad leg or a blind eye?
Old 2016-04-24, 21:26   Link #58572
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Having too much Warhammer Fantasy as of late. So:

- Charlotte: Daughter of an Estalian merchant and Bretonnian peasant. Lived with her mother until she had to run away from the Fay who had chosen her as a Damsel of the Lady.

- Cecilia: Descendant of Baron Tybalt du Bois de Balzac, the founder of the Border Prince Confederacy. After her parents death, her domain was threatened to be taken over by neighbor princes.

- Laura: Formerly a member of the Raven Knights. Went rouge with her sisters-in-arms after getting a hold of a terrible secret that she gained in a skirmish with the vampire counts in Sylvania.
Old 2016-04-24, 21:51   Link #58573
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
What if Ichika had birth defects like a bad leg or a blind eye?
- If he had a bad leg then the entire story would not have taken place--Although he would have been a unique male pilot, he probably wouldn't be allowed near an IS due to that injury. A blind eye on the other hand may not affect pilot performance all that much--there's already an IS pilot with an eyepatch, right?

Either way, I don't think a physical defect will change anything (too minor), or else it'll change too much of the story (too extreme).
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 22:05   Link #58574
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

^ Well I'm thinking of doing that in my jidaigeki fanfic idea.
Old 2016-04-28, 03:02   Link #58575
DarkJak2050

Okay, I was going to post something before but I need a visual aid to help explain. Well, at one point in my fic, I plan to show my guys when they were in their basic training for their mercenary unit. Here's a part where my guys are reminded to never disrespect their enemy's motive. Put them in the same position as those Marines in training.

More of these will be posted later, but any thoughts on this one?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 07:15   Link #58576
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Spoiler for Hope I don't get banned because of this:
Old 2016-04-30, 09:02   Link #58577
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Bored. Got an idea. Wrote it. Will make sense to someone who's read one of my older fics.

Quote:
"Are you seeing this?"

Orimura Ichika turned away from his bowl of ramen. Lunchtime was one of the moments he spent with his friends in peace, lacking any of the excitement that normally happened at IS Academy. The school's canteen was bubbling with activity as the primarily female students of the academy chatted and ate amongst themselves in their own little groups. Ichika's group was no different, huddled in a corner table. It was mostly idle chitchat, sometimes about studied. Now and then the occassional argument. But it was Charlotte Dunois who had had been pointing to the digital screen, trying to get the group's attention.

"What is it, Charl?" Ichika asked, refering to Dunois by her preferred nickname.

Charl tapped the volume on the television flatscreen, and the report grew louder.

The video showed what appeared to be a training exercise between IS. Most seemed to be mass-production exoskeletons, with the flag of the United States clearly embalonzed on their wings. The opponent on-screen was a single unique IS, one with an oddly assymetric design. It seemed clear that the squads of American IS units were no match for the other machine.

"Isn't that the Australian IS?" Laura Bodewig noted, suddenly gaining interest in the news report. "It has some new improvements. I was not aware Australia had those capabilities."

"They only have one." Cecilia Alcott responded, haughty disdain in her voice. The normally talkative Cecilia then kept silent, as if wary of the machine being demonstrated onscreen. Ichika then remembered that Australia had once been a British colony, and wondered if that was the reason Alcott wore a disgusted look on her face.

"<Outback Screamer> is Australia's only IS." Charlotte returned to her seat. Her purple eyes focused on the screen. "No one knows the reason why Tabane Shinonono only allocated the one IS Core to them."

Ichika glanced a moment at Houki Shinonono. There was no response as the younger of the Shinonono siblings seemed to ignore all the attention pointed to the TV report, instead focused on her bento box. Equally quiet was Fan Lingyin, nicknamed Rin, who continued to quietly munch on her homemade lunch of dumplings. Orimura eyed them a second longer before being content that neither would be making any violent reactions. For the moment.

"Last I heard, it wasn't any more advanded than other 2nd generation IS," Charlotte continued, then broke off. "--look, that's what you need to see."

The news had apparently recorded this footage earlier and it had been looping while the talking heads of the newscasters continued to make nonsense remarks pretending to sound intelligent. The video's sound effects could be heard over the talking as they saw <Outback Screamer> open up half of its left wing and hail a series of energy blades on its enemies.

<Silverio Gospel>? Ichika's jaw tensed. He recognized the weapon's appaearance and sound all too well, having been on the recieving end of it once. The only difference was the one shown on tv was of a much smaller scale and more precise.

"I know the Americans share technology with that lot," Cecilia's sharp response snapped Ichika out of his dread. "But I never thought they would give them access to <Silverio Gospel>'s weaponry. It's not like them to share their best technologies with others."

"Apparently they didn't." Charl responded, without taking her eyes off the tv.

The talking heads were now discussing a US accusation of spying towards the Australians. The video now showed the <Outback Screamer> peeling away and releasing smaller units. The units then went in separate directions, each attacking a different target.

Alcott looked mortified as she recognized the weapons. Remote BITS, part of Cecilia's own <Blue Tears> unit. "We never shared the <Blue Tears> BITS technology with those...those..!"

Orimura noticed that Houki had now taken notice. Lingyin still seemed focused on her meal. The video showed <Outback Screamer> using a clawlike instrument to slash at what appeared to be empty air. The slashing motion generated red blades of energy that lashed out and neatly cut the wings off some of the IS it had been trapped by.

"That attack." Houki could be seen biting her lip. Her own <Akatsuki> IS had a pair of swords instead of a claw, but the effect was the same. Unlike Cecilia's <Blue Tears> and the Americans' <Silverio Gospel>, her machine was personally handmade for her by her sister, THE Tabane Shinonono.

No one on earth should have been able to duplicate <Akatsuki>'s capabilities. Even if a spy were invovled, it wasn't possible to simply duplicate another IS' capabilities.

"They were able to copy <Akatsuki>'s capabilities as well?" Laura rubbed her chin in curiosity. "This would mean that the Australians have a spy agency that rivals even Germany's intelligence service."

"How dare they steal my <Akatsuki>'s ability!" Houki spat out. She was angry, and felt violated.

"But how were they be able to get all of that data? Most of the IS researchers here at the academy have full access to both <Akatsuki and <Blue Tears>, but they haven't been able to duplicate either the BITS or the energy wave blade." Charlotte opined, disbelieving. "But the Australians somehow took all those secrets and applied it to their machine within months? It's impossible."

"It's possible."

Kanzashi Sarashiki had been silent all this time, but now spoke.

"We don't have full information on it, but an IS Core is like a computer's CPU. When two Cores are connected, they can exchange information, energy and data." Kanzashi was merely parotting the basics that most IS pilots already knew. "Remember when Charlotte allowed Ichika to use her rifle?"

Orimura's little troupe all nodded. All excpet Lingyin, who seemed too focused on her lunch. As if trying to hide something, Ichika wondered.
"All IS gear, structure and weapons are stored as Quantum Data within the Core. If an IS Core has sufficient space it can copy another IS' data. So in theory, it can even copy another unique equipment or abilities. Even the One-Off Abilities." Kanzashi continued.
One-Off Abilities were special capabilities that unique IS had, non-transferrable capabilities. Sarashiki was implying this was untrue. "To an IS Core, data is data. It doesn't care whether it's weapons, information, or even a user interface. In theory any IS can be interchanged with any other IS. Even attacking another IS is basically an exchange of data. So one could theoretically copy another IS weapons simply by being attacked by it."

"Theoretically." Cecilia's lips were sharp as a blade. "It has never been done in practice, though. Has it?"

Ichika stopped the potential argument. "Can they do that? Just copy IS data and apply it?"

"There was an experimental IS that was developed long ago, one that was developed with the ability to copy the data of another IS. It never succeeded," Kanzashi muttered. Ichika could swear he heard the words 'Cobalt Blue', but knew not what it referred to. "The concept is sound. They would need to have direct access to an IS Core, one that has first-hand data and records of the fight. They would not only copy the combat records, but the data from the damage taken."

"They would still have had to decode that information," Laure interjected. "And apply the data to their IS."

"The developer of <Outback Screamer> is a woman, Doctor Marie Coxswain. She's no Tabane, but is probably smart enough to take that data and apply it to a machine she personally created." Charlotte again. "Although it's likely she had help from someone smarter. A lot smarter."

"So they would have had to access an IS that has at least fought <Silverio Gospel>, <Blue Tears>, and my <Akatsuki>--" Houki's mouth formed a little o when she made the connection. "That means everyone at this table except Kanzashi."

Laura, Cecilia and Charlotte had looks of dread on their faces. One of their IS was used. And that meant that the Australian <Outback Screamer> potentially had the abilities of all five members of Ichika's little team.

Ichika was slower on the uptake. "But only one of us who's been away from IS Academy long enough to...Come to think of it, Rin. You were sent to Australia just a month back--"

Orimura stopped and instantly turned pale. He could swear there was an extremely dark and visible aura of murder emanating from Lingyin's petite frame, causing the girls around her to promptly back away. She was finally looking up from her dumplings.

Violently crushed dumplings, smashed by a giant metalshod IS fist.

Orimura was slow to catch on to most girls' moods, but even this was too obvious for him to miss.

"That stupid old man..." Lingyin growled. "That stupid, lying, backstabbing old man...I'm going to turn him into Mapo tofu..."

Ichika nervously said a silent prayer for whoever it was Lingyin's murderous eyes were for.
Old 2016-04-30, 10:14   Link #58578
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ah yes, I do remember that one. I believe at least we're talking about the same one-shot.

Interesting take on how IS work and I do think it's plausible. However that seems to be a stupid thing to do because by giving your IS tools to copy others, you're kind of screwing with its growth path. I mean IS are literally adapting and evolving in reference to data of their past operational conditions and combat. By giving them that kind of mish-mashed equipment, you're essentially giving them tools to overcome situations which should have been hurdle enough to spur rapid evolution in the first place. Also, I do believe it's possible to copy one off abilities by verbatim data xerox, I also have issue with the efficacy of such a thing. Because I believe one-off abilities are a result of the evolution of the IS with reference to a pilot. That's why a combination of the same pilot to any other core, and the same core to any other pilot would not yield the exact same one-off ability. The output of the abilities should be the same however the full extent and proper development of the one off ability will be limited due to having no real idea why the one-off ability exists in the first place. Since OOA are evolutionary responses and in that case require external factors, the copier will likely not know all the particulars of these various stimuli.
Old 2016-04-30, 12:06   Link #58579
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Within the artificial island that houses the IS Academy, there are several hangars for storing IS. In one of them now was single girl staring into the darkness.

Operating a glowing panel, she waited with sweaty palms for the machines to come alive.

A single IS rose out of storage and filled the girl's view.

It was a giant IS with huge thrusters for legs with large units that stored several wired guns.

The BIT System prototype stolen from Brittain: <<Umbral Knight>> stood before her ominously as if it were alive but sleeping.

Marie Stewart is the student council president of IS Academy, and tonight she recieved a gift from her secret contacts known as <<Phantom Task>> an extremist organisation that possessed the military power of whole countries owing to several stolen IS units.

A cold smile surfaced on her beautiful face.

"This will do," her voice echoed in the dark hangar that housed a monster.
Guess who's back.

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2016-05-06 at 11:06.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 05:08   Link #58580
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Ah yes, I do remember that one. I believe at least we're talking about the same one-shot.
- The brick took an awful lot of time to come back for the punchline, didn't it?

Seriously, I swore the original one-shot had no potential to be spun off into a further story. Then this happens. Next thing you know I'll be doing what every Tom dick and Harry in the Comics Movies Industry is doing and make it a shared universe with---

Quote:
Interesting take on how IS work and I do think it's plausible. However that seems to be a stupid thing to do because by giving your IS tools to copy others, you're kind of screwing with its growth path. I mean IS are literally adapting and evolving in reference to data of their past operational conditions and combat. By giving them that kind of mish-mashed equipment, you're essentially giving them tools to overcome situations which should have been hurdle enough to spur rapid evolution in the first place.
- True enough, and if one was concerned with the evolution and development of IS into better machines that would be a concern. But for a country that's only wanting a leg up to catch up to the rest of the world, copying IS data is a shortcut to gain access to previously unreleased technology.

The previous fic I was referencing explains why China let Australia access to <Shenlong>, ostenibly the Chinese have received at least part of the same data. And as Australia has ties with the US, the US would also have part of the same data. What probably irks both the US and China right now is that Australia actually made use of said data--and I'll imagine both countries will now have their own respective teams trying to do the same (apply that data to their IS). Remember, it's not the spies from enemy countries you have to watch out for--it's the friendly countries' spies that are most dangerous.

This might spin off into another story, if I can find the ideas and time to write it.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2016-05-01 at 06:16.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest