Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-12, 13:46   Link #11121
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
But that 105mm with the extra damage from premium ammo is a bonus.
Indeed. But you have to ask yourself, how often do you actually use a Tier 7 in a Tier 10 clan war?

And as I mentioned, while having additional pen is nice, the default pen of the Tiger & the M4 can already reliably pen anything up front anyway.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 13:55   Link #11122
Pen3

Oh i don't play clan war so i wouldn't know. I didn't realize all this talk was for clan war stuff - -
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 14:00   Link #11123
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Oh i don't play clan war so i wouldn't know. I didn't realize all this talk was for clan war stuff - -
Well, I wasn't talking about clan wars, I was just trying to make a point that having improved pen with premium ammo on a Tier 7 is relatively insignificant when the default pen can already damage a majority of vehicles tier 7, below and sometimes above.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 14:07   Link #11124
Pen3

I wasn't saying to use premium full time, but just in case you have 1 hp and need that shot to kill for the win situation or turn the tide.
Old 2013-12-12, 14:08   Link #11125
Gravitas Free Zone

But the 105mm APCR's real trick isn't that it has improved penetration: It's one of the few premium ammunition types that also has improved damage, 10% higher at the midpoint.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 14:10   Link #11126
Pen3

Only KT loads full premium and he's dead
Old 2013-12-12, 14:13   Link #11127
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

I can't wait to get the 105mm on my ARL. Having never played any other French lines, it will be my first "lol APCR does more damage" funny gun.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 14:17   Link #11128
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Only KT loads full premium.
I load full premium on the PzB2 and Valentine II. Though those are special cases I think.

Hmm, IS on sale this weekend, time to step up grinding the KV-1S I guess.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 14:23   Link #11129
LeoXiao
思想工作

Hm, seems like tier 7s are on sale this weekend. Maybe that'll mean a prevalence of tier 6 games.

EDIT: Ninjaed by RWBladewing. Also, what he meant by "KT" was Kamijou Touma I think.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 14:23   Link #11130
Pen3

On Tuesday i went 31% win rate and ~800 wn7 trying to get my dailies done to the point i logged off. Last night i just wanted to get back on track and only played my five Tier 10 and a few good Tier 8 tanks and it felt good again with 65% win and ~2000 wn7.
Old 2013-12-12, 14:32   Link #11131
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Hm, seems like tier 7s are on sale this weekend. Maybe that'll mean a prevalence of tier 6 games.

EDIT: Ninjaed by RWBladewing. Also, what he meant by "KT" was Kamijou Touma I think.
All this Tiger talk makes me want to buy back the Tiger I... and see what 8.8 did to it. Even back then I didn't hate it that much. Hmm... Looks like it'll get a 6 second reload, but I'm seriously running out of heavy tank equipments. ARL and IS-2 are both naked right now. Probably not a good idea to throw in a naked Tiger in the mix
Old 2013-12-12, 14:40   Link #11132
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Also, what he meant by "KT" was Kamijou Touma I think.
I know. I was saying that like KT I also do that on those tanks myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
ARL and IS-2 are both naked right now.
Hmm...wonder if that's why that one tank yesterday tried so hard to get into that lewd position with the ARL.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 14:44   Link #11133
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Hmm...wonder if that's why that one tank yesterday tried so hard to get into that lewd position with the ARL.
That was really weird. ELC X ARL and the shota ELC was the seme. I wonder what was going on
Old 2013-12-12, 14:46   Link #11134
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I load full premium on the PzB2 and Valentine II. Though those are special cases I think.
Also the Matilda IV, which has one of the worst premium tank guns out of a limited pool of horrible premium tank guns. Especially since it doesn't have the speed to flank, so it's basically limited to mop-up duty.
Old 2013-12-12, 19:22   Link #11135
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
That was really weird. ELC X ARL and the shota ELC was the seme. I wonder what was going on
Don't underestimate shotas. Not all men are boys, but all boys are men.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 23:53   Link #11136
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Lost 6 games in a row in the ARL. Only 1 of the 6 was a tier 6 game. It's exactly like the last time I had this tank. It never gets its own tier.

I honestly don't even complain about this other than the fact that 840 HP in tier 8 evaporates in a flash. Never mind the paper armor by tier 8 standards, slow reload by tier 8 standards, bad pen by tier 8 standards, otherworldly slow aim time by tier 8 standards, huge reticle bloom by tier 8 standards and extreme sluggishness by tier 8 standards... I can live with ALL that. But if this tank was designed to get tier 8 games exclusively, shouldn't it at least get TOG II's HP...

EDIT: I guess it's true that WN8 takes tanks' OPness/UPness into account huh... My WN8 for the day is actually acceptable despite the abysmal winrate due to playing the ARL.

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2013-12-13 at 03:01.
Old 2013-12-13, 10:48   Link #11137
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Had a ver bad session last night. Almost 90% of the games played were at tier X (was grinding he long 10,5 cm on my King Tiger), but a least I was able to get the missions done (also managed to grind 1.5mil credits in 3 hours... premium time sure is scary)

Also my WR won't go beyond 53.30%
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 10:52   Link #11138
Gravitas Free Zone

I unlocked the JagdPanther II first (though I'm still planning on eliting the JagdPanther, so research continues to the Ferdinand).

The JPII seems like I would like it more than the Ferd for straight maneuverability reasons, but there's also how these days raw armor thickness (unless it is incredibly thick) is of less value than decent sloping, since people have few qualms about slinging APCR and HEAT into things. And yes, I know that the Ferd's lower chassis is still going to be better-protected than the JPII's, but I still wouldn't drive either one straight into the open.

The part I'm not so sure about is whether to move a high-skill crew that I have that is currently not doing a whole lot to the JPII, training them in premiums in the meantime since I'm not buying the JPII yet, or continue to wait until another training sale since I also want to get the RBWT but have a lot of grinding to do to get to that. Since people seem rather amused by the RBWT.
Old 2013-12-13, 16:52   Link #11139
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

"New" adquisition:

Spoiler:

I had forgotten how awesome this arty is.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 17:32   Link #11140
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The part I'm not so sure about is whether to move a high-skill crew that I have that is currently not doing a whole lot to the JPII, training them in premiums in the meantime since I'm not buying the JPII yet, or continue to wait until another training sale since I also want to get the RBWT but have a lot of grinding to do to get to that. Since people seem rather amused by the RBWT.
If i were you I'd just take what they give. There seems to be a lot of crew training weekends recently and feel that they are probably gonna change it up and move onto something else soon.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks