AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-06, 00:37   Link #21
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It's a pretty generic title.
Doesn't suck, but nothing above mediocre.

My biggest beef was that it's a standard "uber OP through hax magic and O-parts".
I love the idea of protagonist doing things through power of access to internet, but unfortunately the premise hardly has an impact in this novel. The smartphone element takes backseat to the standard HAX MAGIX nonsense.
I would love another novel make a go at the concept, but giving MC relatively limited power and entirely focusing on "dude I can look shit up on wikipedia" to reform nations.

I actually like the latter half of the series when it turns completely into "Mech vs Alien invasion" though. More fun.
Old 2015-05-06, 03:10   Link #22
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

My biggest beef was that it's a standard "uber OP through hax magic and O-parts".
I love the idea of protagonist doing things through power of access to internet, but unfortunately the premise hardly has an impact in this novel. The smartphone element takes backseat to the standard HAX MAGIX nonsense.
I would love another novel make a go at the concept, but giving MC relatively limited power and entirely focusing on "dude I can look shit up on wikipedia" to reform nations.

I actually like the latter half of the series when it turns completely into "Mech vs Alien invasion" though. More fun.
If development via phone and internet is what you're looking for, there's actually a series that does just that: Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyrie or Master Of Ragnarök & Blesser Of Einherjar by Takayama Seiichi.

Guy gets sent to different world (bronze age civ.) with his phone (and a hand or solar charger), which somehow still manages to connect to his home world at certain times during the day. His childhood friend keeps in contact with him via the phone gets a part time job to keep paying for his data plan. MC ended up becoming chief of a tribe and uses phone + childhood friend willing to do research for him and look up info to drastically improve the tech level and power of his tribe.

The MC himself is rather hopeless in a fight compared to the magically powered natives, but he's the chief, not head warrior, so it works out.

Think this is an actual LN series and not a web novel though...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 05:04   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
If development via phone and internet is what you're looking for, there's actually a series that does just that: Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyrie or Master Of Ragnarök & Blesser Of Einherjar by Takayama Seiichi.

Guy gets sent to different world (bronze age civ.) with his phone (and a hand or solar charger), which somehow still manages to connect to his home world at certain times during the day. His childhood friend keeps in contact with him via the phone gets a part time job to keep paying for his data plan. MC ended up becoming chief of a tribe and uses phone + childhood friend willing to do research for him and look up info to drastically improve the tech level and power of his tribe.

The MC himself is rather hopeless in a fight compared to the magically powered natives, but he's the chief, not head warrior, so it works out.

Huh, thanks for the suggestion. I'll snag a volume on my next batch of books!
(which reminds me, I need to go pick up my latest batch from the post office. )
Old 2015-05-06, 08:20   Link #24
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Shut your face... I don't wanna be told that by someone named mPervy

what's with all these Gods stuffs? From a smartphone it evolves into Coiling Dragon?
Don't worry mate! I'm proud as a perv... You too should be proud to your perverseness... lol. perversion is a basic instinct ofevery human.

Quote:

So, from the world of magic and gods, it became a gundam battle with zentraidi for the god realm supremacy?
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 08:52   Link #25
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote of the day :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
You too should be proud to your perverseness... lol. perversion is a basic instinct ofevery human.
omawari-san, kono hentai wo toraete kudasai~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 07:03   Link #26
aurel1

Spoiler for lol:
Old 2015-05-08, 21:28   Link #27
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Quote of the day :

omawari-san, kono hentai wo toraete kudasai~
I think just being a pervert won't made you a criminal...

So, anyway is it just me or majority of the harem member is pettanko? So the author is from loli faction afterall?
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 21:54   Link #28
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Half of them are short and majority of them are tsurupeta. Well, not as serious as KonMoji, or YuushaTabe, or DesuMachi (this one is more balanced but...), or GodGame.
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 08:04   Link #29
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurel1 View Post
Spoiler for lol:
It's actually a carbon copy of GaoGaiGar, down to the details on what part is what vehicle.
He even acknowledged that she would want a Giant golden hammer to go with it.
Old 2015-05-13, 08:16   Link #30
theultimates12

Quote:

I agree with you. When I heard he is a practically a god, I was like: "What? He had access to the internet! There is no need to give him anything else!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post

Too bad the only translation of that series that I can find is Vietnamese and it's horrible.

Last edited by theultimates12; 2015-05-13 at 08:26.
theultimates12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 11:51   Link #31
aurel1

new translated chapter up
Old 2015-05-19, 12:16   Link #32
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

don't click if you don't want to get spoiled

Spoiler for :
Old 2015-05-19, 16:58   Link #33
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydreadzz View Post
don't click if you don't want to get spoiled

Spoiler for :
the twins are members?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 23:56   Link #34
aurel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
the twins are members?
yes, they also the member of harem...
Old 2015-05-21, 23:57   Link #35
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

sneak peek~
Spoiler for of images:
Old 2015-05-22, 00:27   Link #36
obnuchious

the elder twin's wearing a shorts version of her little sister's skirt....
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 05:32   Link #37
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Who is the girl on the cover of vol 1 along with MC? I know the short one but the other is who??
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 06:19   Link #38
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

^princess Yumina Ernea Belfast, she has heterochromia eyes of green and blue. Just to be clear the short girl is Yumina cousin, Susy "Sue" Ernea Ortlinde.
Old 2015-05-30, 13:23   Link #39
cabman11

one thing I like about this is that the story doesn't even end even after he becomes a god. And having multiple godlevel opponents and multiple travels around different worlds. even the dark god is an actual legitimate God whose job is to destroy things when things get messy(though he rarely ever gets to do this)
> enemies are actually false gods who the other gods don't even consider real gods.(because they were born in the lower realm and made from human desires)
and magical space dimension destroying aliens
Oh currently he's been made the god of two worlds.
and some might consider him overpowered but that's only in the mortal realm when comes the god realm and level of power you still only a lesser God.
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 08:41   Link #40
Breimn

Who are the last 3 members of harem?
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, harem, lolicon mc, smartphone, true harem