AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2015-01-21, 12:02   Link #13721
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipens View Post
Now is clearer the meaning of the "Fairy girl" spin-off...
Not to me, although I heard something about it... How do people know these things?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 12:33   Link #13722
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Wait, wait I'm confused by how they worded that. Are we getting a chapter this Monday than skipping next week?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 12:44   Link #13723
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Wait, wait I'm confused by how they worded that. Are we getting a chapter this Monday than skipping next week?
looks like the chapter 416 was a double chapter, then this means which next week we not gonna get a new chapter, only the week after next week, the week where february will start.
Old 2015-01-21, 13:33   Link #13724
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
The schedule is normal right now. Chapter 417 will come at the normal time next week, and is going to be a bit of a breather chapter. By it's title, it'll be either another silent chapter, another Gildarts chapter, or both. Then back to plot with 418 the week after, sounds like it'll be the start of the next arc.

There's also an omake chapter floating around untranslated at the moment. The most recent issue of Magazine Special just came out, and had omake chapters for Blue Mistral, Ice Trail, and the main series.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 14:56   Link #13725
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The schedule is normal right now. Chapter 417 will come at the normal time next week, and is going to be a bit of a breather chapter. By it's title, it'll be either another silent chapter, another Gildarts chapter, or both. Then back to plot with 418 the week after, sounds like it'll be the start of the next arc.

There's also an omake chapter floating around untranslated at the moment. The most recent issue of Magazine Special just came out, and had omake chapters for Blue Mistral, Ice Trail, and the main series.
yeah in another forum someone post
http://thefairystales.tumblr.com/pos...week-the#notes
looks like this week will be a filler chapter and the plot will come in the week after, well in the end will be like a "break" since dont gonna have anything to do with the current plot or arc.
Old 2015-01-21, 18:28   Link #13726
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
From my point of view, the disband was an easier way for everyone to leave without feeling remorse, Natsu is leaving to train, gray too, Lucy maybe, and many others are doing the same given the situation, but they will kinda be limited because of the guild, since they will have to start from zero again, and now that the guild is no more, they can go on and do what they have to do, so they can come back later now as how they wanted to be, and make the guild again without problems.
Eh, not really... I mean Natsu is the only one who said he was going off to train, and he was planning on only being gone for a year. Gray I guess you could say is off to look for END. Laxus sounds like he might go train... However Erza dd not state such a desire, and Lucy wanted doesn't want to be lonely. And then we have the rest of the guild members none of whom seemed to want to break things up. So really, only Natsu, Gray/Juvia, And Laxus stated a desire to go on a journey (All of whom plan on coming back)... even if we include Erza that still leaves most of fairy tail who never said a thing about leaving and breaking up the band. Not to mention that with guys like Mistogan, and Gildartz, fairy tail has a history of members who leave for long periods of time; Heck Laxus was even outright excommunicated. Heck, Fairy tail stayed together even through the past 7 years when all of the strongest members disappeared; the guild fell to complete ruin and even THAT wasn't enough to cause them to completely disband (again THAT would have been a more appropriate time to break up the guild). There really isn't any reason why the guild shouldn't remain together even though a couple of members are going off on a journey.

"the kids have chosen their own paths"? Doesn't sound like a lot of them really have a reason to leave, and those that are, plan on coming back. Sounds like you should keep the guild together for those that want to stay and to make sure the others have a place to come back home to when they are done. honesty, one year from now, how is natsu supposed to reunite with all of his friends if he has no home to return to?

Not to mention that you need to be part of a guild to legally work as a mage... Makarov is basically putting the rest of fairy tail out of work. And again their are two very serious looming threats running around... god forbid any single fairy tail member run into one of those things on their own... If anything Makarov should be preparing fairy tail for an even bigger fight
Old 2015-01-21, 19:21   Link #13727
_Misfit

^ I'm not sure about all that. Like, Makarov has never REALLY been responsible for much of the growth the characters have gone through for much of the series. They've sort of all developed on their own. I don't think the guild members really need Makarov to prepare for what's in store in the future, hence why they're all going off on their own. But you have to think about it: damn near every vital member of their group are going off to figure things out for themselves. Let's say Erza decides to go train (which is a strong possibility), and so does Gajeel (who kinda has the same sort of drive that Natsu has to get stronger), there ain't anybody left on that squad that's strong enough to hold the guild down. And Makarov gives me the feeling that he doesn't really wanna be guild master anymore, so his heart isn't in it. This is different from their disappearance after Tenrou island. The remaining members know everyone is still alive, this time they're just going off to get their crap together. And after the damage that Tartaros caused, I don't think that any of the guys left at FT are gonna be lining up to be guild master. They wouldn't be able to stand another attack of that scale on their own.

Plus, they can still accept jobs if they want to, it's not like there's a magic council that's around to arrest them anymore.

Personally, I'm interested to see what a Fairy Tail-less world looks like.

Last edited by _Misfit; 2015-01-21 at 19:58.
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 19:32   Link #13728
Titans25

disbanding" is symbolism for the fact that the FT members were unable to protect their family (each other) from all of the physical and emotional pain and suffering they endured. Erza was stripped butt naked and tortured with her pain sensitivity heightened add to the fact she used to be a slave as a child. Tartaros hurt the guild on an emotional level. So as a result they don't see themselves as being worthy of carrying on under the flag of FT for the immediate future. Which sets up the apparent one year or so time skip that will to be heading our way as indicated by Natsu.

Makarov more than likely might be needed to lead or be part of the Magic Council which is practically the running government in the series.. There are still cities and towns affected by face bombs.. Guild is destroyed for the billionth time. Magnolia looks like shit. Acnologia killed a powerful dragon handicapped and is still on the run. END and Zeref are still prime threats.. There's too much shit going on for them to keep the guild up at this time. Find me another enemy that has impacted FT on a mental and emotional level as Tartaros and Acnologia .

There technically isn't a good reason some why the guild needs to stay. This "band together" concept would work if there were more main threats that included non fodder characters.. Let the major characters that will have some significant screen time go.. There's only 3 major threats left. Mages can find jobs in Fiore with hardly any problem nor is joining another guild hard at all.. No different than a certain crew splitting for a couple of years

Last edited by Titans25; 2015-01-21 at 19:49.
Titans25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 02:54   Link #13729
Clipens

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Not to me, although I heard something about it... How do people know these things?
FAIRY GIRLS is a spin off about Erza, Lucy, Juvia & Wendy. It was strange because apparently there wasn't a real reason of a spin-off about some main characters and without the "Fairy Tail" name in the title. Now with the info of the disbanding of the guild the reason is clearer . The four girls are forming an own team meaning Gray is leaving the town like Natsu (probably with Franmalth as Happy counterpart).
Probably in the next GMG they will partecipate as Team Fairy Girls with a celestial spirit as fifth member.
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 09:55   Link #13730
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Mashima, stop toying with my fragile heart...

Apparently...
Spoiler for 416.5:
Old 2015-01-22, 12:21   Link #13731
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Apparently...
Spoiler for 416.5:
wow you can send a link by pm please of this!!!
Old 2015-01-22, 16:22   Link #13732
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipens View Post
FAIRY GIRLS is a spin off about Erza, Lucy, Juvia & Wendy. It was strange because apparently there wasn't a real reason of a spin-off about some main characters and without the "Fairy Tail" name in the title. Now with the info of the disbanding of the guild the reason is clearer . The four girls are forming an own team meaning Gray is leaving the town like Natsu (probably with Franmalth as Happy counterpart).
Probably in the next GMG they will partecipate as Team Fairy Girls with a celestial spirit as fifth member.
I know what Fairy Girls is. And reading the first chapter, it quite clearly states that it takes place right after the GMG and before the guild disbands (Juvia is still reeling over getting rejected by Gray at the ball). I assumed you were talking about the second chapter or something, because I haven't found any scans or translations of it.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 16:36   Link #13733
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Apparently...
Spoiler for 416.5:
I wonder if the Anime will ever get to this one as a filler for the next big arc like they are doing? Poor Natsu

Darn, I hate how now if all times we are getting that type of chapter. I want to get back to the main arc already. I hope we see a few solo adventures with Natsu and Happy, would love to see them training and traveling on there own for a while

While Fairy Tail is dis abandoning right now doesn't make sense in a way cuz it does feel like now of all times they need each other. They lost some one important and every things a mess now. Poor Lucy will be alone for a while, hopefully she trains ( Maybe with Erza? ) I think they'll start up a new Guide with older members, Wendy I think will be there along with Elf man and his sisters to help, maybe Erza? They need some one strong to protect them right?Don't know what will happen with Gray, will he stay or go after END? At the same time every one does need to grow, bigger threats are coming after all. The background characters who don't care about training or fights will have problems though

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 17:52   Link #13734
_Misfit

Just as a question to all of you: Do you guys think that Tartarus are the most effective villains that FT has faced? I know Acnologia made them lose 7 years of time and all, but there hadn't really been a group that's hit FT as hard and as emotionally as these group of demons. I just wanna know people's opinions because, and I've been guilty of this as well, a lot of FT fans like to say how underwhelming the Demon guild was because the all lost their fights. But really, even though their face plan didn't work out, they did quite a bit of damage.

I don't know. Just throwing that out there.
Old 2015-01-23, 18:39   Link #13735
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Misfit View Post
Just as a question to all of you: Do you guys think that Tartarus are the most effective villains that FT has faced? I know Acnologia made them lose 7 years of time and all, but there hadn't really been a group that's hit FT as hard and as emotionally as these group of demons. I just wanna know people's opinions because, and I've been guilty of this as well, a lot of FT fans like to say how underwhelming the Demon guild was because the all lost their fights. But really, even though their face plan didn't work out, they did quite a bit of damage.

As the last group of the Baram Alliance, we expected them to be hard hitters, and they didn't disappoint.
Old 2015-01-23, 18:42   Link #13736
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

the 7 year thing was made pretty irrelevant by the Whole 2nd origin deal for those who got it but even then FT still handled business.
As for the question I'm gonna say no i'm gonna say actually GH was more effective.

After all the hype for the 9 demon gates frankly was underwhelming. They executed their plan and face certainly was dangerous but to me it felt like they kinda got in their own way. The fact that unlike any of the other guilds tartaros could heal themselves afterwards ruined most of the fun.
The only people who got scarred by Tartaros was Erza and Gray. laxus has no reason to be upset. Kyouka was the key to most of the damage and silver but thats about it. The rest of them pulled a Cell where they lost but did damage by blowing himself up and the aftereffect.

GH is a different story these guys came in and did damage.
Every single member fought somebody and did some serious damage. And unlike Tart where the members in most cases were beaten rather cleanly (other then Kyouka)
Grimoire heart smacked FT silly.
Zancrow beat Natsu (lost on the rematch but basically on a flukey situation
Azuma made a fool out of Mest and Mirajane (the erza fight was really a letdown
Capricorn handled Loki Gray and Lucy and had the gang dead to right until Loki saved Lucy's ass
Cain hikaru- He dominated Lucy and natsu together and frankly again lost to a flukey situation
Ultear- Again gave natsu heck and fought gray to a serious battle which he barely won.
Meldy- Was destroying Juvia and erza together (both solid wizards in their own right) and had Juvia and Gray about to be dead until talk no jutsu stopped that

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 20:54   Link #13737
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the 7 year thing was made pretty irrelevant by the Whole 2nd origin deal for those who got it but even then FT still handled business.
As for the question I'm gonna say no i'm gonna say actually GH was more effective.

After all the hype for the 9 demon gates frankly was underwhelming. They executed their plan and face certainly was dangerous but to me it felt like they kinda got in their own way. The fact that unlike any of the other guilds tartaros could heal themselves afterwards ruined most of the fun.
The only people who got scarred by Tartaros was Erza and Gray. laxus has no reason to be upset. Kyouka was the key to most of the damage and silver but thats about it. The rest of them pulled a Cell where they lost but did damage by blowing himself up and the aftereffect.

GH is a different story these guys came in and did damage.
Every single member fought somebody and did some serious damage. And unlike Tart where the members in most cases were beaten rather cleanly (other then Kyouka)
Grimoire heart smacked FT silly.
Zancrow beat Natsu (lost on the rematch but basically on a flukey situation
Azuma made a fool out of Mest and Mirajane (the erza fight was really a letdown
Capricorn handled Loki Gray and Lucy and had the gang dead to right until Loki saved Lucy's ass
Cain hikaru- He dominated Lucy and natsu together and frankly again lost to a flukey situation
Ultear- Again gave natsu heck and fought gray to a serious battle which he barely won.
Meldy- Was destroying Juvia and erza together (both solid wizards in their own right) and had Juvia and Gray about to be dead until talk no jutsu stopped that
Eh, I mean GH kinda did?

Natsu vs. Jackal was almost similar to the Zancrow fight. Jackal blew Natsu up, leaving him KOd, with Wendy having to heal him so he could win in the rematch.

Azuma beating Mest... Moving on. He beat Mirajane which, unfortunately, means nothing. She always get the short end of the stick. Mira had a tough time with Sayla, and that was before she went full demon and demolished Mirajane. It left her with no choice but to call on Elfman for backup. Mira seriously hasn't had a good fight since... Freed?

Ezra's fight with Kyouka also kinda mirrored her battle with Azuma. She had no business winning either. Especially Kyouka, where the only explanation for her win was 'because she's Erza'.

Franmalth was also very similar to the Kain fight. Without Lucy tricking Franmalth into letting Natsu go, he wouldn't have had a giant boulder dropped on him. It took both Natsu and Lucy to beat Franmalth.

When Gray was fighting Ultear, they seemed like they were more or less on the same level. However, It was absolutely no question who the stronger person was in the Gray vs. Silver fight. Silver was the stronger ice user and he dominated Gray the entire time. Gray had to resort to some outside-the-box thinking to beat his father. He didn't just pull it out after a neck and neck battle.

A crazed Juvia seemed a lot stronger than Meldy, she had to force Juvia to think twice about attacking by using that link magic or whatever it was because that was the only way to get any advantage over Juvia.

And you can definitely make the argument that Torafusa, and maybe even Keith, defeated themselves (Torafusa's water having carbon, unintentionally powering up Gajeel. Keith absorbing Juvia, allowing her to burst from within him).

Tartaros left a demolished Magnolia in their wake. It had Laxus thinking he wasn't strong enough (you may not agree with him, but that's what happened), they had Natsu take off for a year to train, they mentally scarred Gray and Erza, and had Makarov desolve the guild (again, you may not agree with Makarov, but that's what he chose to do). Can't really say GH had the same impact.
Old 2015-01-23, 21:44   Link #13738
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Eh, I mean GH kinda did?

Natsu vs. Jackal was almost similar to the Zancrow fight. Jackal blew Natsu up, leaving him KOd, with Wendy having to heal him so he could win in the rematch.

Azuma beating Mest... Moving on. He beat Mirajane which, unfortunately, means nothing. She always get the short end of the stick. Mira had a tough time with Sayla, and that was before she went full demon and demolished Mirajane. It left her with no choice but to call on Elfman for backup. Mira seriously hasn't had a good fight since... Freed?

Ezra's fight with Kyouka also kinda mirrored her battle with Azuma. She had no business winning either. Especially Kyouka, where the only explanation for her win was 'because she's Erza'.

Franmalth was also very similar to the Kain fight. Without Lucy tricking Franmalth into letting Natsu go, he wouldn't have had a giant boulder dropped on him. It took both Natsu and Lucy to beat Franmalth.

When Gray was fighting Ultear, they seemed like they were more or less on the same level. However, It was absolutely no question who the stronger person was in the Gray vs. Silver fight. Silver was the stronger ice user and he dominated Gray the entire time. Gray had to resort to some outside-the-box thinking to beat his father. He didn't just pull it out after a neck and neck battle.

A crazed Juvia seemed a lot stronger than Meldy, she had to force Juvia to think twice about attacking by using that link magic or whatever it was because that was the only way to get any advantage over Juvia.

And you can definitely make the argument that Torafusa, and maybe even Keith, defeated themselves (Torafusa's water having carbon, unintentionally powering up Gajeel. Keith absorbing Juvia, allowing her to burst from within him).

Tartaros left a demolished Magnolia in their wake. It had Laxus thinking he wasn't strong enough (you may not agree with him, but that's what happened), they had Natsu take off for a year to train, they mentally scarred Gray and Erza, and had Makarov desolve the guild (again, you may not agree with Makarov, but that's what he chose to do). Can't really say GH had the same impact.
We can agree to disagree on the points you asked if we thought Tartaros was the best villian im gonna say no because i felt GH were better.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-01-23, 22:06   Link #13739
_Misfit

^ Just to clarify, my original point wasn't about who was stronger, which I clearly think is a toss up, but who left more of an impact on the guild. And, obviously, I think Tartaros takes the cake.
Old 2015-01-23, 22:18   Link #13740
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
^ Just to clarify, my original point wasn't about who was stronger, which I clearly think is a toss up, but who left more of an impact on the guild. And, obviously, I think Tartaros takes the cake.
Your question was whose the most effective and i said GH but if you wanna go that far lets not forget that GH drew Acnologia into the picture and took the strongest members of FT including Gildarts to task and blasted the island to the point that if Mavis wasnt around they'd all be dead and the FT we see now wouldnt even exist.

But all that arguing is meaningless. you asked if Tart was the most effective i dont think so but its all an opinion and thats all there is to it.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen