Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-28, 15:26   Link #1521
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The main scar I'm concerned about is the big X shape scar on his chest, if they can put that in somehow, I'll be satisfied.

An OVA would be good too, but we might miss out on the epic arc that is currently taking place... a new series starting from scratch with 26 episodes would be better.
Me too that X mark is so GAR!!!

Also if R+V restarts or gets a re-boot I think we need a new studio for R+V's OVA. Though the problem is can they maintain the quality of the art and designs of the girls and the other characters. So far Gonzo is great at characters. But you can't stop the it now since it's getting hot in BOTH ways.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:29   Link #1522
XenophunK
INACTIVITY

Send a message via MSN to XenophunK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Spoiler for gore:

You know, I never saw how that was explained

That is, how he healed miraculously
Old 2008-10-28, 15:36   Link #1523
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenophunK View Post
[/spoiler]

You know, I never saw how that was explained

That is, how he healed miraculously
Its called the magical loophole of anime. XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 15:42   Link #1524
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

He was literally dead there, but later on he was patched up. Probably Yukari's white magic since she's the one always seen treating Tsukune whenever he's majorly hurt and we see the girls transform outer Moka can BREAK the crosses that seals her powers, Mizore turning into an ice woman and deep freezing everything and Kurumu morphing to her true winged form.

Though at that state Ruby is not using forbidden magic so she was defeated by the girls.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:42   Link #1525
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Motoko Chan ~
Personally I don't mind if the series doesn't get drastically darker as the season goes on. There are plenty of other Anime shows out there that I watch or can watch for darker content, and really, R+V isn't that type of series and shouldn't try to be that kind, whether or not the manga includes edgier stuff. I like the balance R+V struck especially toward the end of S1, with some more serious plot elements interwoven with ecchi/fanservice and outright comedy. That's WHY I watch the show. I'm not really bothered if Tsukune doesn't get all scarred up and GARed up.

That said, I still want episodes that are engaging enough, and while Ep. 4 had its moments and Yukari was very charming as usual, it was in many ways the weakest of the series so far. Something just felt off about it. The lack of Tsukune as a dramatic/comedic foil didn't help, either. Even though he was the center of Yukari's attention and reason for wanting to "fill out" her curves fast, he didn't really figure much into events aside from fantasy sequences and a couple smaller scenes. Not saying that he necessarily needs to dominate screen time every episode but considering how much the plot revolved around him as the object of affection, he was surprisingly unnecessary.

All you guys griping about how the series should get completely reworked or include more and more mature elements... I hope they never go all the way on that front. Because that would ruin the Anime as it stands right now for me.

A good balance is needed, but even then, if it skews more toward mindless comedy and fanservice, I'll be happier with that.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:43   Link #1526
XenophunK
INACTIVITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Motoko Chan ~ View Post
Personally I don't mind if the series doesn't get drastically darker as the season goes on. There are plenty of other Anime shows out there that I watch or can watch for darker content, and really, R+V isn't that type of series and shouldn't try to be that kind, whether or not the manga includes edgier stuff. I like the balance R+V struck especially toward the end of S1, with some more serious plot elements interwoven with ecchi/fanservice and outright comedy. That's WHY I watch the show. I'm not really bothered if Tsukune doesn't get all scarred up and GARed up.

That said, I still want episodes that are engaging enough, and while Ep. 4 had its moments and Yukari was very charming as usual, it was in many ways the weakest of the series so far. Something just felt off about it. The lack of Tsukune as a dramatic/comedic foil didn't help, either. Even though he was the center of Yukari's attention and reason for wanting to "fill out" her curves fast, he didn't really figure much into events aside from fantasy sequences and a couple smaller scenes. Not saying that he necessarily needs to dominate screen time every episode but considering how much the plot revolved around him as the object of affection, he was surprisingly unnecessary.

All you guys griping about how the series should get completely reworked or include more and more mature elements... I hope they never go all the way on that front. Because that would ruin the Anime as it stands right now for me.

A good balance is needed, but even then, if it skews more toward mindless comedy and fanservice, I'll be happier with that.
EXACTLY what I'm thinking

By this I can probably say you've seen Darker than Black. (it's good it's good)
Old 2008-10-28, 15:45   Link #1527
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

*smack* lay off the buddah, its not good for you.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:45   Link #1528
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Quote:
EXACTLY what I'm thinking

By this I can probably say you've seen Darker than Black. (it's good it's good)
Blasphemy! There's nothing darker than black!

tehehe, I've seen it btw, super special awesome anime ^^
Old 2008-10-28, 15:48   Link #1529
XenophunK
INACTIVITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
tehehe, I've seen it btw, super special awesome anime ^^
"super special awesome"

There's only one series that uses that...
Old 2008-10-28, 16:13   Link #1530
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
*smack* lay off the buddah, its not good for you.
Thanks for the enlightening response to a genuine post that I put some heart and thought into.
Old 2008-10-28, 16:15   Link #1531
XenophunK
INACTIVITY

Quote:
Thanks for the enlightening response to a genuine post that I put some heart and thought into.

He was probably joking.
Old 2008-10-28, 16:18   Link #1532
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:

He was probably joking.
It's hard to tell with him and I'm too tired today to try.
Old 2008-10-28, 16:19   Link #1533
XenophunK
INACTIVITY

Quote:
My friend, you need some sleep.

If only I could sleep, but I have to wake up at 6am to get ready for school
Old 2008-10-28, 16:21   Link #1534
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Sleeping is overrated. Think about how much productive stuff you can do instead of sleeping, tehehe. Honestly though, if I had the choice, I would only sleep like an hour a day xD.

Kind of too off-topic now though. Ruby owns! xD
Old 2008-10-28, 16:21   Link #1535
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Aw come on pooh bear, is it that hard? XD
Old 2008-10-28, 16:22   Link #1536
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
My friend, you need some sleep.

If only I could sleep, but I have to wake up at 6am to get ready for school
Classes have been a pain today and it didn't help that one of our profs gave us an assignment that doesn't make much sense given that he's barely taught the material necessary to understand how to do the assignment in the first place. Bleh.

Time to read more Watchmen.
Old 2008-10-28, 16:30   Link #1537
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Sounds like you need Inner Moka to teach the professor - she's 1 for 1 in 're-teaching' bad educators. You need to pay her in blood though.
Old 2008-10-28, 16:32   Link #1538
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Sounds like you need Inner Moka to teach the professor - she's 1 for 1 in 're-teaching' bad educators. You need to pay her in blood though.
Inner Moka can suck me anytime.
Old 2008-10-28, 16:42   Link #1539
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Get in line behind me and Tempest first

and Motoko-chan, go read ALL of S1... then you'll understand why we gripe about the anime so much... until you really get into the manga, you cannot understand why the anime is Epic fail (well, at least to us manga diehards)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 16:49   Link #1540
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Get in line behind me and Tempest first

and Motoko-chan, go read ALL of S1... then you'll understand why we gripe about the anime so much... until you really get into the manga, you cannot understand why the anime is Epic fail (well, at least to us manga diehards)
It's irrelevant to my point. I might end up liking the manga more than the Anime, but that doesn't change the fact that I fell in love with the *Anime* because of the kind of series it was, regardless of any connection to its literary counterpart. If the Anime hadn't even aired yet, and I had read the manga beforehand, then I might feel differently. The problem is that you can't transpose your opinions and feelings onto others simply on the reasoning that they haven't read the manga version, and if they had, of course they'd want that kind of style in the Anime. It's not that cut-and-dried.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, vampire