AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 08:26   Link #601
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Haha, I guess I'll have to reply in kind:
Tahu tak apa.

Thoughts on the content, story-wise?
Interesting. Now we just have to see who dies together with the BETA in the jungles of Malaysia like the others in history who fought there before.
Old 2013-01-16, 10:39   Link #602
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Thanks for the comments - and yes, subtle criticism ahoy. I am, afterall, Malaysian.

With this series, I'm needing a good name overall, and I plan to do small story arcs - 1 or 2-shots - so as to not burn out too much

Fortunate Son is a theme of sorts with Ray, though it doesn't really fit IMO with this first story - Brothers in Adversity, perhaps, would be a better title.

There are a few things I want to focus on: 1) fighting BETA is hard, 2) fighting BETA is motherfucking hard when you don't have spare TSFs, 3) Lipan is a lucky squadron, in that they take occasional losses but remain combat-effective. Unlike the Thai or Indonesian squadrons, or even other Malaysian squadrons, who deploy and get wipe out en masse, the largest number of casualties Lipan has suffered in a single mission is... two. And even then, one of the Hornets was salvageable.

I intend for a running gag of Lipan (Hornet) being confused for Lipas (Cockroach), on account of how the core team never seem to die.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 12:19   Link #603
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Writing Comet is coming back on track since this Winter I was:

Sick
More Sick
My computer broke down
Lazy

In that order.

...the girl that got me into Muv-Luv is from Malaysia. She'll probably die laughing once she finds out about this.

Also, all Comet characters have selected images now and image songs!
...But, alas, you can't show that in actual fic, can you?
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 18:46   Link #604
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Author's notes, or just post here

And yes, I'm sure she'll lol, especially after I post to FFN.

Thinking further about John's gripe on secondhand Hornets, I should note that I've flanderised things: in 1993 when we signed the purchase deal IRL (and in 1997 when the birds were delivered), we had brand new F/A-18Ds that were outfitted as all weather/strike aircraft. And this time, we did buy spare parts.

Still, John's complaining a little too much - these are 2nd hand ex-USMC Hornets, taken from a squadron that recently converted to the Super Hornet, so they aren't that bad... well, if not for the maintennance woes.

Edit Some More: Final version of my snip is up on FF.net, and is now the first chapter of something called Tropical Thunder, which my design concept is essentially "Malaysian Hornets in Action" You can find it at this link.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-01-16 at 22:37.
Old 2013-01-17, 06:02   Link #605
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Found something interesting enough. While it's not really the best, and IMO doesn't really do justice enough to the settings and the crossover potential, it's still a decent snapshot fic - very much like a chapter of TSFiA.

Muv-Luv Combat: Sword of a Fallen People.

Aka Razgriz One and Nagase fly the final Mission of Muv-Luv Combat 5: The Unsung War, where instead of a ridiculous flight into a train tunnel, they make a Hive Infiltration. Or rather prep for the infiltration.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-17, 07:48   Link #606
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

A weird online conversation with friends got me transcripting/fictionalizing the conversation. And yes, these friends of mine think I'm crazy...maybe 80% of the time, so don't be surprised. Spoilers for anyone who's not finished the game.

Spoiler:

EDIT ADD:
Spoiler:

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-01-17 at 08:21.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:45   Link #607
John117xCortana

Which Transformers verse it is though ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 11:56   Link #608
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
A weird online conversation with friends got me transcripting/fictionalizing the conversation. And yes, these friends of mine think I'm crazy...maybe 80% of the time, so don't be surprised. Spoilers for anyone who's not finished the game.

Spoiler:

EDIT ADD:
Spoiler:
Now i'm imagining this happening.

Spoiler for Transformers idea:

What do you think?
Old 2013-01-17, 17:43   Link #609
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Author's notes, or just post here

And yes, I'm sure she'll lol, especially after I post to FFN.
I suppose, I'll stick to here, unless Muv-Luv section in FF.net gets its own community forum. Which it really should.

So, Author's tract!

Comet-2

That's actually Max, minus ponytail. Yes, yes, lame pun I know.

Original Bishop, I kid you not. The only thing that changed would be her eye/hair color.

Not bad for someone who's somewhere in that magic 28/30 boundary, right?

Alice is love, because the feeling of cute girls suffering is the best ^~^. And Mishima Kurone makes the best cute girls.

As for character themes:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Alastor Mobius Toth; 2013-01-17 at 18:17.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 04:13   Link #610
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Which Transformers verse it is though ?
- I thought the youtube link was obvious. ^_^ The original TV-verse version---but I referred to the Bayformers version Prime description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist
Now i'm imagining this happening.

What do you think?
- I think I've created a monster...

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-01-18 at 05:05.
Old 2013-01-18, 07:25   Link #611
Dragonkid11
A random-man

wavehawk,wasn't Cliffjumper is rather famous for jumping through dimensions accidentally or not?

Maybe he could be the main character for awhile.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 08:21   Link #612
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I don't recall that trait about Cliffjumper, but I've been out of the loop for a long time (And I'd always been more for YoJoes than Rolling Out)

Worse idea:

Extra!Yuuko drives a Lancia Stratos.
Wheeljack in Transformers turns into a Lancia Stratos.
Wheeljack is the Autobots' Mad Scientist.

...match made in hell?!?
Old 2013-01-18, 09:53   Link #613
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
i don't recall that trait about cliffjumper, but i've been out of the loop for a long time (and i'd always been more for yojoes than rolling out)

worse idea:

Extra!yuuko drives a lancia stratos.
Wheeljack in transformers turns into a lancia stratos.
Wheeljack is the autobots' mad scientist.

...match made in hell?!?
BLACK COMEDY LEVEL

TO the MAX!!!!!!!!
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 06:14   Link #614
John117xCortana

Good news: It's a Macross crossover. And the first chapter is 18,000+ words long.

Bad news: It's a one shot.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8919734/...DYRL-Try-Again
Old 2013-01-19, 06:22   Link #615
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Also: I provided BETA services for this fic.

There is some good news however - the Author is planning to continue this story, and in fact has started work on the follow-on. I was the guy who convinced him to keep the intro fic, Try Again, as a one shot.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-19, 06:53   Link #616
John117xCortana

But why a one shot ?
Old 2013-01-19, 09:50   Link #617
sasahar17

Quote:
But why a one shot ?
Well I don’t really have a very good track record with multi-chapter fics, and a one shot series will allow me to jump around to wherever I fancy in the timeline. I have at least four groups of protagonists running around trying to save the gosh-darn planet over the course of three years. If I tried writing it out in its entirety, I’d have written something to rival the entire Harry Potter series. Since I have neither the time nor patience to do such a thing, one-shot series it is!

For the Transformers crossover idea, I’ve given it some thought about how to actually make such a thing work. You could have the BETA creators be the Decepticons, and the G-Elements be Energon by another name (unlikely since G-Elements can pull some wacky stuff Energon can’t, but hear me out).

Let’s say Megs figures out how to convert carbon based matter into Energon, the all-important resource all Cybertronians need. Having this huge automated mining operation will be the next logical step. Think about it.
First, it’s completely hands off, so he doesn’t need to be present to get the stuff. Second, the sheer scale means there’ll be more Energon coming though his door than even he will know what to do with. Third, Megs doesn’t give two craps about ‘puny humans’ getting gobbled up by his mining drones, he knows someone who does.

Optimus and the Autobots, guardians of life, liberty and all that is good, will be practically tripping over themselves trying to stop multiple genocides across the Galaxy, leaving them spread too thin to fight a proper war with the Decepticons.

On one hand, Optimus and many Autobots will feel honor bound to stop this injustice, prably seeing it as ‘their war unjustly affecting innocents’. One the other hand, the BETA operation will give Megs such an Energon advantage the Autobots will have to take this seriously or else he’ll steamroll them. Either way, at very least he’s bought himself some breathing room on Cyberton while the Autobots go BETA hunting. Hell, he might even ambush a few Autobot relief parties who are too busy trying to help the natives. This is the prefect plan.

Evil? He’s MEGATRON. He’ll probably be enjoying himself while watching the BETA record everything for prosperity while he kicks back on the Iacon and sips Energon martini.

Thoughts?
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 11:30   Link #618
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Good news: It's a Macross crossover. And the first chapter is 18,000+ words long.

Bad news: It's a one shot.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8919734/...DYRL-Try-Again
This is very good.
Spoiler for certain someone in this fic:
Old 2013-01-19, 19:43   Link #619
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
You could have the BETA creators be the Decepticons, and the G-Elements be Energon by another name
- I still think it makes more sense for the 'creator' to be Unicron, rather than the Decepticons. But the explanation of G-Elements could work more or less.

Plus: Any excuse to give Prime a Gun Sweeper loadout...
Old 2013-01-19, 22:22   Link #620
sasahar17

How about making Unicron the creator and having Megs reprogram them to do his bidding? Ah well, either way, someone has to bring the BETA to the Autobot's attention. This is not the kind of thing Optimus will ignore, even when he has his own war to fight.

I don't really see Prime as a Gunsweeper. He's a monster in close combat with that axe/sword (depends on the version of Prime we're talking about) and always has been the type to lead at the front. Probably Storm Vanguard.

More importantly, how will humans react when they meet the Autobots? How will the Autobots approach humanity for that matter? With mankind's, very justified, shoot all alien life first ask questions later mentality after thirty years of war, I can't imagine a very smooth first contact if the Autobots handle this carelessly.
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, harem