AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-22, 00:56   Link #41
Lumir

Very intresting!!! If anyone gets ahold of the Sephiroth sword and the bankai one post pics!!! Depending on what i read and see i might order them!!!
Old 2006-09-22, 20:41   Link #42
ODLxMk

Minor gripes with it (aka wish the blade was anodized black instead of what looks to be painted/powdercoated black...the finish isn't 100% smooth at some spots), and wish it was full tang to balance out the weight of it slightly...

But otherwise, very decent for something that's going to sit on the shelf. The nazi sign looking thing (whatever it's called), i feared to be plastic, but it's actually metal, which was a relief...

Also bought these har har har

Old 2006-09-23, 01:23   Link #43
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

wow......i must order one of these....
Old 2006-09-29, 21:34   Link #44
alazar
HaloGod

Has anyone bought ichigo's cutting moon zangetsu shikai replica sword ?

has anyone bought this sword ? If so i was wondering if its good like look wise and quality, i know its not actual size but is it too small or its decent size, and does it look right or not, so i was wondering if its worth buying, cuse they dont show a good shot of the sword its self so if u have pics that would help alot too , thank you very much if u can help me , XD

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-30 at 00:42. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-09-29, 22:08   Link #45
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

I really wish some company would step up and do these swords justice...

I mean damn...it's not that hard to anadize metal a specific color, and I look at the site...the Tensa Zangetsu is made of CARBON-Steel so it's a whole hell of lot easier to break.

I want a Zangetsu I can hold in my hands, swing it around, and have it feel real, without worry of it falling to pieces
Old 2006-09-29, 22:11   Link #46
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

I don't think it is...it's not even close to actual size
Old 2006-09-29, 23:11   Link #47
SladeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz

I mean damn...it's not that hard to anadize metal a specific color, and I look at the site...the Tensa Zangetsu is made of CARBON-Steel so it's a whole hell of lot easier to break.

I want a Zangetsu I can hold in my hands, swing it around, and have it feel real, without worry of it falling to pieces
Carbon steel

wikipedia lesson time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_steel

stainless steel is about as cheap as it can get, carbon steel a step up, but don't kid yourself into thinking it's a real sword capable of going through goza or bamboo well

a true folded sword will be carbon steel AND folded 1000 times over with a edge that retains a high hardness factor for cutting, while the back edge a softer hardness factor to absorb shock.
Old 2006-09-30, 00:41   Link #48
mcicy

I have to admit I have the Rurouni Kenshin Reverse Blade sword at the moment, proudly displayed in my living room, but I would love Cloud's Buster Swod and both of Ichigo's Blades, just need to saveup a bit for them all
Old 2006-09-30, 12:00   Link #49
alazar
HaloGod

zangetsu cutting moon

can anyone post pictures of the replica zangetsu cutting moon sword please, that would help me out alot.
Old 2006-09-30, 18:03   Link #50
jinxycat

zangetsu

ok a few things i have to say. 1st is i love bleach and i love zangetsu.

the only replica i have been able to track down of the shikai form looks totally and utterly shat. poo, crap its not zangetsu is what im basically trying to say. it looks about as good as the cloud busta swords i have seen online although to be fair its 1 piece construction as opposed to couds wooden handled piece of cheap crap.

when will people learn if your gonna make a replica of something, make an expensive one or at least a mid range one, doont go cheap cos its not cool.

i want a good £200 or appro $390 replica of it i want it to be full sized and accurate to the "real" zangetsu. i know i would barely be able to swing it, but it would make a nice display piece.

ok while im on that. is it me or is tensa zangetsu not a curved katana, it looks to me to be a straight katana and so the curved replica is not accurate.

i did just check to be sure and i may be wrong, but i dont think i am.

i want a proper version of zangetsu and i would be willing to pay. have you seen the ultr violet swords that were going. they looked cool.

its like the kill bill and last samuri crap replicas they made. rat tail tang pieces of shit.

anyway, thats all i have to say.
Old 2006-09-30, 19:16   Link #51
ODLxMk

^^I've seen it drawn both ways, so it's actually up to your interpretation. This pic shows it curved a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz
You're right...it wouldn't have been that much harder to anodize the metal, but really, for a display piece, i'm totally content with the version i bought. The black is still shiney like a blade, and the ripples i mentioned are very minor and not very noticeable (3 spots that are ~5mm big...i'm just anal). It's better than 95% of the other pieces out there, and I really don't have any major complaints about it. If you're so adament on a 100% perfect piece, go hire a metal fabricator to make one, esp if you're willing to pay top dollar. Then your one off piece will be the envy of everyone
Old 2006-09-30, 22:53   Link #52
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by taelmx
I already bought the "non-bankai" sword. Its really big......REALLY big........and my mom took it away....
That sword is at the very most 1:2 scale.

Ichigo's Shikai is literally as tall as himself and then some. His sword should be around 7 feet or so.

Expect to pay twice as much (or more) for his REAL Shikai sword to scale. I do not know how the hell you are going to get it shipped to you, though.
Old 2006-10-01, 04:55   Link #53
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Was browsing through wallpapers the other day found this intresting one with Tensa Zangetsu . I did not design it

Old 2006-10-01, 19:10   Link #54
alazar
HaloGod

Angry

So has anyone bought the zangetsu shikai version sword ? if so could u post pictures of it like the other guy did with the bankai one. please and thank you
Old 2006-10-01, 20:22   Link #55
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by chzon
Its still a weopon isn't it? Merchandise or not, it still can be used as a weopon. Guess it would be hard to get it around no?
Scissors can be used as a weapon. Should we start banning scissors now?
What about a a 4x4 piece of wood? I'm sure you could kill someone in the back of the head with you wanted to.
What about metal pipes and crowbars? Those should be banned too.

The object itself is not the danger. It is the person that is holding it that makes it dangerous.
Old 2006-10-09, 22:49   Link #56
Tensa Zangetsu X
Real Sword Smith

Send a message via AIM to Tensa Zangetsu X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz View Post

sorry to come out of the blue but i saw this forum and this quote has disdurbed me, i am an amateur sword smith and i have to get this out in the open, everyone thinks carbon steel is weaker than stainless steel, let me let you guys in on something, carbon steel isnt weaker, its actually a hell lot stronger, only difference between carbon steel and stainless steel is carbon steel doesn't have chromium in it liek stainless steel does so carbon steel swords have to be polished once or twice a week but if you get a carbon steel sword that has a black powder coat paint finish then you don't have ot polish it cause the paint protects the steel from rusting, i am sorry to sound like an ass but i needed to get this out in the open because its bad business for us sword smiths who make custom made swords from clients designs, carbon steel hand forged swords are not week, they are actually capable of snapping through somethign made of stainless steel and any sword you buy thats made of stainless steel is not combat useable so never use it, it will break easily and when the blade snaps it can become a deadly porjectile and its not safe. please take my advice and stay away from stainless steel swords, they are more dangerous than a good hand forged sword, you can end up killing someone on acident and it could leed up to involentary man slaughter in a court house.
Old 2006-10-09, 22:55   Link #57
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensa Zangetsu X View Post
i am sorry to sound like an ass
Actually, we quite appreciate hearing from a professional who actually knows what he is talking about. Thank you for the information.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-09, 23:01   Link #58
Tensa Zangetsu X
Real Sword Smith

Send a message via AIM to Tensa Zangetsu X
Glad to of helped, if there is anything else anyone wants to know about just ask, I am more than willing to give you the answers you seek
Old 2006-10-10, 04:10   Link #59
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

wow, i was hoping som1 would say that, I made my mistake the first time by getting a stainless steal sword (despite being warned by a friend) a few weeks after it arived i was unsatisfied so i had a sword hand forged. There is nothing like a good solid hand foraged katana :P
Old 2006-10-10, 22:43   Link #60
alazar
HaloGod

What do u guys think of this shikai zangetsu ?

it has a length 52" width 6" blade 46" comes with sheath and stand. (so it says). , found at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...205704?ie=UTF8

and i realy want a shikai zangetsu so i was wondering if the replicas they have like besides the one above and that one if there any good , and were is the best place to buy it, ex. topswords.com , trueswords.com, amazon.com , toysnjoys.com,

been a tuff decision so i could use some help thnkx
Closed Thread