AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-06-08, 05:58   Link #3921
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

One of V12's pics uses 金木犀 instead - but I think it's basically the same anyway, 金木犀 appears to be a binomial name for a specific flower in the osmanthus family while 樨 by itself still turns up the same species name.
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 07:34   Link #3922
Tri-ring

In the Japanese Wiki 金木犀 is described as "fragrant orange-colored olive".

It's a fairly popular flower with a strong fragrance. I believe in Chinese it's called, 丹桂 or 金桂. The flower is used to make a liquor 桂花陳酒.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 08:27   Link #3923
l.kostas

Spoiler for the blurb:

The final BD on sale June 26 will include a new short story with the title: The Day After. Kawahara says it will be about Kirito, Asuna and "one more character".
At the last character song album all the girls sing together and Kirito sings with them The title of the song is "Sing All Overtures" and here is a sample:
http://www.swordart-online.net/package/index09.html

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...xt-short-story
http://sgcafe.com/2013/05/sword-art-...a-final-bddvd/

Last edited by l.kostas; 2013-06-08 at 10:44.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 15:01   Link #3924
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Your profile pic + your response = win
And sadly it's true since we have that LN illustration. So sad ;-;

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 08:17   Link #3925
shanksen

Spoiler for vol. 13 illustration:

CREDITS TO THE OWNER!
Old 2013-06-10, 10:14   Link #3926
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I translated that from the Chinese translation already.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:32   Link #3927
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I didn't want to believe at first but now that I've seen that illustration I guess I'll just have to accept it.
But wow, I'm really shocked about this. I got goosebumps about this. I'm just speechless right now...

Or not. I'll rant a bit about vol12 as Tap is halfway done with the second chapter of vol12.
Spoiler for rant:

Just a question though that's been bothering me:
Spoiler for weapon releases:
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 12:12   Link #3928
shanksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
I didn't want to believe at first but now that I've seen that illustration I guess I'll just have to accept it.
But wow, I'm really shocked about this. I got goosebumps about this. I'm just speechless right now...
yep it's totally different based on what i have read in the summaries
the meeting of kirito alice and eugeo should be like this?
-
Spoiler for s:

THIS TOTALLY BLEW MY MIND!!

Last edited by shanksen; 2013-06-12 at 01:59.
shanksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:28   Link #3929
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

First, calm yo tits. Second, put the WEB extract in spoiler tags. Third, calm yo tits. You're sounding like an overexcited ten-year-old.

There's definitely a case for Eugeo to have significantly changed alliances, but the reasons why and how have of course not been explained. Write it down somewhere else or something, and once a translator gets to V13 we can get the full story.

Either that or I'll just wait for the Chinese translators to finish snarking.
Old 2013-06-10, 18:28   Link #3930
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Just a question though that's been bothering me:
Spoiler for weapon releases:
Spoiler for Release Recollection:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 15:05   Link #3931
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for Release Recollection:
l

Then, if we used kirito vs poh and kirito vs gabriel as references, Kirito used enhance armament of.both blue rose and sky night swords on poh and the korean player (roses garden and gigas cedar), and release recollection on Gabriel (the resorces absorption at its fullest)?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 16:25   Link #3932
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

...possibly. But it wouldn't yet break the weapon, IIRC, to use Release Recollection twice in a row.
Old 2013-06-12, 01:58   Link #3933
shanksen

Quote:
First, calm yo tits. Second, put the WEB extract in spoiler tags. Third, calm yo tits. You're sounding like an overexcited ten-year-old.
I'm calm bro, i just didn't expect that the author will change the story
(btw Eugeo is so BADASS on that look)
Old 2013-06-12, 02:58   Link #3934
Flere821
Lurker

Chinese translators today notified readers Monochrome Concerto has now been dropped by Kawahara. Whether this means SAO Progressive is now on indefinite hiatus, we're not sure.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 09:37   Link #3935
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

...dropped? O_o has he actually overdone the writing, or is AW that difficult to write?
Old 2013-06-12, 09:47   Link #3936
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

From what I've read in the Materials edition of Monochrome Concerto, Kirito and Asuna are kinda close already there which contradicts their relationship on the upper floors. I think that even the Rondo story(from what I've read on the English translated parts of the WEB version) is pretty much pushing it. I'm not sure if things got changed since the Aria chapter on Progressive had minimal changes.
So I think this is a good move to fix things. Though this would mean that we may not see much of Asuna depending on how Kawahara would rewrite SAOP. I don't know what happened to them after Rondo. He may tell of the story of how she got recruited to the Knights of the Blood guild I guess.
Either way, I'll just wait and see how vol2 will go.

EDIT:
Quote:
...dropped? O_o has he actually overdone the writing, or is AW that difficult to write?
I think the dropped part means that he won't write it in Progressive anymore. He mentioned it in the Afterwords of vol1 that he'll be including that story but has decided against it now. We're still not sure if Progressive will be stalled or not with that info but given that he'll try to release a volume per year, the closest it will be out would be in October since that was the same month it was released last year.
Old 2013-06-12, 10:21   Link #3937
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Ah, it just conflicted with the canon. I can see why he would not include anymore. Unless, he would re-edit to make it happen on the later floors or rewrite it entirely.
Old 2013-06-12, 18:48   Link #3938
mucen

I thought SAOP was supposed to be a reboot or a different take of SAO of sorts, and should have no issue on contradictions in SAO. Can't see why the author dropped it because of that..
mucen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 21:23   Link #3939
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

It's a re-telling of side-stories, that go from floor to floor... The Chapters in the first volume already existed else-where, so he just retold them...

That aside, I don't see how it's a contradiction... I see it as a clarification...

They knew each other early in Aincrad, grew to be friends,
but eventually Asuna splits off, joins KoB, and becomes much more serious than Kirito, while Kirito joins the Black Cats, and instead becomes much more isolated than previously, partying with people only in boss battles...

It continues like this, until the two clash, where Kirito is found sleeping under a tree, and Asuna scolds him, but succumbs to her sleepiness...
After this they begin to hang out more often, and eventually, (After Volume 1 time-skip) they start to party up again...

I would say, that at some point between floor 3, and floor 25, they split up, and went their separate ways, only meeting up at boss-fights...
But if Reki wants to remove Monochrome Concerto, then it's his choice -shrug-
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 06:55   Link #3940
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
It's a re-telling of side-stories, that go from floor to floor... The Chapters in the first volume already existed else-where, so he just retold them...

That aside, I don't see how it's a contradiction... I see it as a clarification...

They knew each other early in Aincrad, grew to be friends,
but eventually Asuna splits off, joins KoB, and becomes much more serious than Kirito, while Kirito joins the Black Cats, and instead becomes much more isolated than previously, partying with people only in boss battles...

It continues like this, until the two clash, where Kirito is found sleeping under a tree, and Asuna scolds him, but succumbs to her sleepiness...
After this they begin to hang out more often, and eventually, (After Volume 1 time-skip) they start to party up again...

I would say, that at some point between floor 3, and floor 25, they split up, and went their separate ways, only meeting up at boss-fights...
But if Reki wants to remove Monochrome Concerto, then it's his choice -shrug-
The bolded part is the contradiction. Even Kawahara noted it in the Afterword of SAOP1.
Kirito and Asuna didn't get along up until the events of 'A Murder Case in the Area' in vol8 and was said to interact rarely outside of boss battles. Having them be close in the lower floors would contradict that because if they were close, Asuna wouldn't be as bothered and irritated at Kirito as she was in that side story. The same side story even mentioned that they dueled before over an argument(this would be ME1) which definitely doesn't show closeness.
Plus, if Asuna were close to Kirito from the beginning, that would ruin his suffering and guilt all those months after the death of the Black Cats guild as Asuna would keep tab on him during those times and would comfort him if she learned about that. Kirito went solo and almost suicidal there up until Red-Nosed Reindeer side story and there was no Asuna around there for him. She didn't even know about that guild until Kirito personally told her.

People say that Aria contradicts stuff in the lower floor but I say it's fine. Kirito and Asuna were nothing more than acquaintances after that chapter and Kirito became a Beater there so he wouldn't want Asuna to be associated with him. Plus he left words to Asuna that I would say inspired her to become stronger and became what is known as the "Flash" of KoB. Like I said above, I think Rondo is the one that's pushing it after all that happened in the Aria chapter but I don't know if things got changed in the published version.

If Kawahara's going to be consistent, he'll have to do something to separate those two and have them interact even less as they proceed up the floors. Removing Monochrome is a step towards that and I think it was a good move.

tl;dr SAOP is much more consistent without Monochrome.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality