AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-22, 09:45   Link #1041
Sixth
Hu Tao

"Misaka, why are you so weak? It is because you lack of hatred..."
Old 2010-06-22, 09:47   Link #1042
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I don't think the Dark side is too dngerous for her; if its too dangerous for the 3rd Level 5, it's too danggerous for anyone but 1 + 2.
The first time she got involved with the dark side and almost ended killing herself in the experiment. And about the nš1 .... Accelerator is already broken in many ways because of the Dark side. Mugino, too. Kakine, lets not talk about that narcissistic and vexed guy.
Compared to them Mikoto, just like Touma says she is just a normal girl with powers.

Quote:
A big enough electric shock can stop someone's heart, well within Misaka's ability.
That already happened in the bridge when throw a lightning at Touma during the sisters arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
Side thought shouldn't Misaka be capable of generating EMP pulses (given what we've seen of her powers) making her a auto win against any machine AC throws at her. On that note... if she could make EMP pulses wouldn't those be thousand times more effective at destorying the sister project rather then manually going in to blow up the computers.
Well... I think she hasn't that kind of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
"Misaka, why are you so weak? It is because you lack of hatred..."
Hatred is not required to become stronger in this series, just look at Touma with determination or in the opposite hand, Accelerator becomes powerful with frustration and sadness.... well Aurrelus doesn't needs to go emotive to be powerful he just plays witht the number 7 althought he was very serious.
Old 2010-06-22, 10:13   Link #1043
Miraluka
Banned

The fights starts, six wings.
Old 2010-06-22, 10:44   Link #1044
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The first time she got involved with the dark side and almost ended killing herself in the experiment. And about the nš1 .... Accelerator is already broken in many ways because of the Dark side. Mugino, too. Kakine, lets not talk about that narcissistic and vexed guy.
Compared to them Mikoto, just like Touma says she is just a normal girl with powers.

That already happened in the bridge when throw a lightning at Touma during the sisters arc.
I was talking in terms of power, but now that I think about it, yeah, you have a point.

I'm not sure she is mentally strong enough.

Did that stop Touma's heart. I know that that was a possibility, but did it actually occur?
Old 2010-06-22, 11:02   Link #1045
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Did that stop Touma's heart. I know that that was a possibility, but did it actually occur?
No, that attack should have toast touma to ashes but it didn't her mind might say she's killing him but her heart isn't listening. She's not made for war and the dark side of the city.
Old 2010-06-23, 19:23   Link #1046
Pyromania

Without Accelerator the uber involved Mikoto demonstrated capability of more than holding her own against AC's 'dark side'. She and her friends took down one Level 6 program that would have destroyed the city, trashing an entire division in the process. Mikoto also beat team ITEM at a fraction of her full power on turf they had prepared in advance (the fact that she turned the tables on Mugino in that regard is just a further point in her favor).

She also does things throughout the novels like putting down the Hound Dogs. It isn't so much "Mikoto can't handle the dark side" as it is "Mikoto can't handle Accelerator". Presumably this extends to Kakine too (since he is ranked above her), but she seems more than capable of handing 'the dark side' its own *ss otherwise.

I do wonder about this teleporter supposedly stronger than Kuroko. She sounds pretty dang incredible. Might be interesting to see her in action. I think that might be a good point to expand on in future Railgun manga entries?
Old 2010-06-23, 20:40   Link #1047
B2-Lancer

I don't have access to the manga to get as deep into into things as you guys, but I wonder (strongly!) whether Telestina is a power player on the sly; whether they're going to come up with ideas that the experiment her grandpa did on her DID give her some unknown/secret abilities. I mean her being cute and all in that gizmo, she had to've come out with more than a tan! Also, they never pushed the implications of the side powers teleportation could give Kuroko.

For instance, her instantaneous vacancy of a space can create a vacuum "pocket" whose instant collapse could create a pretty loud "thunderclap" that could likely blow some nearby eardrums. If a mere party balloon can make a jarring noise being popped at just a slight partial atmospheric pressure differential, imagine the bang caused by a collapsing almost total vacuum with her body's volume displacement. On the other side, the sudden atmosphere "pushed" away (or shock wave?) by her jump back into space would maybe be less dramatic, but still maybe equivalent to the belt of a small hand-grenade being set off.

Now, maybe wilder but still plausible since the anime shows Kuroko can be highly selective at touch-teleporting objects out of and within objects, she could, say, change the physical properties of an object, say turn a rusted out steel beam into pure shiny steel by teleporting all the oxygen out of the beam. Or the cement out of the concrete pillars of a building or bridge. etc Maybe even change the composition of a chemical by teleporting certain elements out of it. If she is able to touch-teleport glass and only the glass of a window without taking pieces of the frame with it, then her ability should be precise enough to do it. And if she could even teleport/transfer an object's thermal state, then she's cooking!
Old 2010-06-23, 21:27   Link #1048
Satehi

I think it's been stated she can only teleport whole objects, which would mean atoms are not included
Old 2010-06-23, 21:31   Link #1049
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Without Accelerator the uber involved Mikoto demonstrated capability of more than holding her own against AC's 'dark side'. She and her friends took down one Level 6 program that would have destroyed the city, trashing an entire division in the process.
Ehhh...that doesn't belong to the dark side of the city, you made a comparison between a project of the grandaughter of a missing mad scientist and a project supported by the entire city, there is huge gap between those two. Accelerator can be broken but never goes suicidal.

Quote:
She also does things throughout the novels like putting down the Hound Dogs. It isn't so much "Mikoto can't handle the dark side" as it is "Mikoto can't handle Accelerator". Presumably this extends to Kakine too (since he is ranked above her), but she seems more than capable of handing 'the dark side' its own *ss otherwise.
Her fight against the second division of the HD can be showed on her POV on a not so close future maybe dealing with a sub-leader of the HD or something like that. You can check the diference between Number 1 and Number 2(and by extension the others below) on vol.15 part 3 on B-T.

Quote:
I do wonder about this teleporter supposedly stronger than Kuroko. She sounds pretty dang incredible. Might be interesting to see her in action. I think that might be a good point to expand on in future Railgun manga entries?
Totally sure, also the girl is technically a Level 5.
Old 2010-06-23, 23:01   Link #1050
Pyromania

Is she the seventh Level 5, or are there actually 8 of the freaks now?
Old 2010-06-24, 00:04   Link #1051
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Which one? Awaki? Nah. She's just strong because of the larger range of her teleportation, but her weakness is that she can't use her powers on herself, because last time she tried, she had to be taken out of a solid wall (she had one half of her body on one side and her other half on the other, you get the picture )
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-24, 02:17   Link #1052
tsunade666

awaki has the potential to rise on level 5 but been stopped half way due to her own trauma and I mean she's been stuck at the wall for days if that's not enough for one to go panic and stop thinking.

Just like hyouka that had the attributes of attaining the peak levels but been use as the container of the angel.

You teleport an object as a whole not parts by parts or structure by structure.
Old 2010-06-24, 19:07   Link #1053
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

There are some spoiler pictures for 32 out.

Spoiler for 1:

Spoiler for 2:

Spoiler for 3:

Spoiler for 4:

Spoiler for 5:

Spoiler for 6:

Spoiler for 7:

Spoiler for 8:

Spoiler for 9:

And the translations, done by an anon translator.

Spoiler for Translations:
Old 2010-06-24, 23:16   Link #1054
Miraluka
Banned

I don't know why a flashback to explain why Mikoto like that frog-thing, but returning to the story it seems Mikoto is going to mess with Tree Diagramm only to notice that is already destroyed, lol.
Old 2010-06-25, 18:40   Link #1055
Pyromania

I like the images of Mikoto throughout the sister arc. Really highlights that she is a desperate and deteriorating girl. The whole thing is like a slow-motion breaking of her character.
Old 2010-06-25, 18:52   Link #1056
Miraluka
Banned

It seems Mizusu has an appareance in the flashback.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:14   Link #1057
Shadow5YA

Whoa... Kuroko looks more womanly with her hair down like that.

And HHHNNNNNNGGGGGG at little Mikoto
Old 2010-06-25, 23:38   Link #1058
Sixth
Hu Tao

Kuroko look different..in a good way...

She is sooo beautiful...
Old 2010-06-26, 01:46   Link #1059
Gordy Lechance

Oh, Kuroko-chan, have my children!!
Old 2010-06-26, 01:49   Link #1060
tsunade666

I got too agree that kuroko had a different aura when her hair are down but maybe it adds that her pajamas aren't negligee but just ordinary pajamas which shock me.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen