Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Watched it earlier.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 20:44   Link #262
abc0716

Watched it on yesterday...

Certainly a very good movie to watch. Likely will rewatch it in this weekend.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 06:12   Link #263
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Really nice. Also, I thought Yuzu was legitly a shota lol. Sad she isn't
Old 2017-04-15, 22:01   Link #264
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I like how they remove the non-important portion, but they also removed one important portion(Shouya repaying his mom). It kinda dilutes the experience.

Also, they didn't adapt up to the end it seems. Overall it's a good adaptation though.
Old 2017-04-15, 22:30   Link #265
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Shouko's mother's backstory should have been left in as well IMO otherwise it just feels like she has anger issues.

A bit ambivalent as to whether Kawai's internal monologues should have been left in. On one hand, her role seems a bit "out of nowhere" without them. On the other, it might have been too distracting if they were in.
Old 2017-04-25, 01:22   Link #266
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
And this movie is getting screened in the Annecy!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-wall/.115259
Old 2017-04-25, 13:16   Link #267
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Meanwhile, America is treated to a chorus of crickets.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-25, 13:37   Link #268
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It's funny because between this movie and Kimi no Na Wa, I was way more excited for this one. Would've been cool if this got the same treatment overseas (well, the US for me, anyways). I'm glad it's coming out on home media next month.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 00:32   Link #269
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
It's funny because between this movie and Kimi no Na Wa, I was way more excited for this one. Would've been cool if this got the same treatment overseas (well, the US for me, anyways). I'm glad it's coming out on home media next month.
Yeah, I can't wait to get it, had it pre-order for months now. It's just too bad it didn't get a theatrical release here.

As for the BD which version are you getting?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 05:15   Link #270
Vegard Aune

Speaking as a Norwegian, I never really expect to get any anime that isn't Ghibli in theaters. So just the fact that we are in fact getting Your Name here (coming out the day after tomorrow, actually) is already way more than I could reasonably ask for. Would be nice if we could get this one too, but eh. I've read the manga, I know the story, and at least this one has a confirmed BD release date, which if I'm not mistaken, Your Name still doesn't have.
Old 2017-04-26, 11:03   Link #271
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, Your Name really changed the template for non-Ghibli anime. I mean, it's already #1 all-time worldwide for anime grosses and trails only Spirited Away in Japan. Even with Funimation doing negligible promotion it did $4 million in the U.S. - if it had a real distributor behind it, it might have surpassed Spirited Away here.

I would never expect Koe no Katachi to get a semi-wide release like Your Name did, but it would be nice if films like this got at least an arthouse cameo in the U.S., given that they almost always get that or better almost everywhere else in the industrial West.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 01:41   Link #272
dark998

This also had special showings in Mexico (like Ordinal Scale) via Cinepolis. Went to watch it fully blind (didn't even watch a single trailer beforehand, no knowledge of the manga) and was pleasantly surprised. Beautiful movie, had no option but preorder the limited BD because I want to see it again already. Also considering buying the manga.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 07:59   Link #273
Crossheart

^like that, i watched in theaters.
And as a manga reader, if i remember, i comment my fears about the movie and KyoAni here...
... better than expected, at least Shouko wasn't made into a moeblob. Still the usual KyoAni issues.
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 02:45   Link #274
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just watched it in the Philippines.

Spoiler for Insights:

It's almost magic that they managed to make such a complicated issue into something that's easier to understand than expected. The movie is also a visual and aural experience. Kudos to the geniuses behind this movie.

BTW, to those interested, here are my impressions of the cast:
Spoiler for More insights:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2017-05-12 at 03:34.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 02:55   Link #275
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Spoiler for Insights:

It's almost magic that they managed to make such a complicated issue into something that's easier to understand than expected. The movie is also a visual and aural experience. Kudos to the geniuses behind this movie.
Where did you watch? Pretty sure no local cinemas are screening.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 03:44   Link #276
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The nearest SM mall near my place, and by near I meant about two kilometers from home.
Many malls have the movie as a one-day release, but the reception of the movie—which was reported to surpass Kimi no Na Wa—suggests that the movie will stay for a few more days than expected.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 09:59   Link #277
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Spoiler for Insights:

BTW, to those interested, here are my impressions of the cast:
Spoiler for More insights:
Ueno is an a-hole and a bit socially retarded (yeah some of her actions are literally "are u dumb or what?!") but at least she's honest lol...Kawai OTOH....such a two-faced backstabbing problem kid....the most painful thing is how it takes falling off a building to actually even allow communication to happen. I really feel the MC's pain in dealing with his issues there; it is as though talking to rocks is easier at certain points in the show.

BTW, Shouko IS self-destructive. She wouldn't have attempted suicide otherwise. It took the bridge incident to push her over the edge but she was exhibiting self-destructive tendencies since early on as shown by Yuzuru's photos in her room even if she does wake up later on when MC literally became her fall guy
Old 2017-05-12, 10:15   Link #278
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hoary Shito they have a showing literally walking distance from my house.

Marcus H.:

Would you happen to know how long SM or the local company will be showing the movie locally? Sadly I may not be able to watch until Monday after work. Also WTH I'm surprised the nearest SM mall to you is 2km. There are so many malls you could walk to one from any point, unless one lives in the provinces.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2017-05-12 at 11:00.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 13:46   Link #279
The One Above God
Kamijou

^How lucky. The SM Mall nearest to my house that is actually showing it is 9km away...I hope they extend the movie screening here.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 18:45   Link #280
tsunade666

I'm planning to watch it this sunday. I just hope that its still available for showing.
sm sta rosa has schedule of only may 13 and megamall, manila, sucat for up until may 16. MOA has until may 14. those are the ones near me.