AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-09, 22:16   Link #241
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Poor kawaii Tarou - otousan is clueless, he's desperate for okasan's love but she's too loaded, messed-up and wallowing in self-pity to care - and everyone else in his life is using him to their own ends. No wonder he wants to talk to his dead sister.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 14:17   Link #242
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Poor kawaii Tarou - otousan is clueless, he's desperate for okasan's love but she's too loaded, messed-up and wallowing in self-pity to care - and everyone else in his life is using him to their own ends. No wonder he wants to talk to his dead sister.
lol, i don't think his situation is that bad. His father visit him at the hospital and is concerned about him. His mom is still cold and unstable, but she still cook for him and everything. And nobody is using him. The doctors are simply making a research and his friends, at least the height phobia guy visit and lend him a PSP in the hospital.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 15:47   Link #243
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Can someone tell me who this Kei-san is that Tarou is talking to in episode 7 ? Was this person in earlier episodes? I don't remember her at all.

Ok so I went back and checked and she is in episode one. She appears with some bottle of sake and says enough that we know she is in the brewing company.

Thought I had something but now I don't think so.

I kinda get the feeling that maybe either Tarou isn't really a member of the family he is currently in or that perhaps his sister isn't really dead but he through some trauma believes that she is. These are all based off of vague gut reactions so I won't push the point, I just feel there is something going on here that is being missed. At one point in episode one Tarou says " I guess you were still planning on me inheriting the brewery, eh? " but instead of seeming happy the father seems shocked and the mother is upset. Then he says something like " ya wasn't Onee-chan supposed to inherit it?", and the mother almost has a nervous break down (the eye twitch). Sure the mother could just still be upset emotionally because of her daughters death, but it seems extreme considering the time that has passed. Perhaps her reaction stems from a frustration or just grief that Tarou is still not right in the head.

I don't know, this show confuses me and keeps leading me in one direction only to throw me in the other way the next episode.

I suppose that's a good thing....

Last edited by TooPurePureBoy; 2007-12-10 at 16:01. Reason: adding more.
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 15:54   Link #244
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
lol, i don't think his situation is that bad. His father visit him at the hospital and is concerned about him. His mom is still cold and unstable, but she still cook for him and everything. And nobody is using him. The doctors are simply making a research and his friends, at least the height phobia guy visit and lend him a PSP in the hospital.
I think your view is a bit optimistic, personally. At least his friend was open about his reason for using Tarou - the doctors are still pretending they're actually focused on helping him, while their primary interest in him is as a lab rat. Someone asked earlier "Who is the rat?" I think we have our answer...
Old 2007-12-10, 23:51   Link #245
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
I think your view is a bit optimistic, personally. At least his friend was open about his reason for using Tarou - the doctors are still pretending they're actually focused on helping him, while their primary interest in him is as a lab rat. Someone asked earlier "Who is the rat?" I think we have our answer...
He's a spoiled lab rat. He's not locked in a cage and doesn't get tested with toxic chemicals, etc.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:39   Link #246
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Still - I suspect that's why the image was thrown in there. Tarou is (symbolically) the rat.
Old 2007-12-13, 18:10   Link #247
Algent

Ep 9 is awesome
Spoiler for ep9:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 12:45   Link #248
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I just realized that the dog-like animal Tarou encountered in episode 8 might be the eponymous Ghost Hound itself. I've wondered for a while about how the series title related to the story. Why would it be in a book, though? Is it supposed to be extinct?

While I've enjoyed this show, I feel like it's gotten rather slow in the last few episodes. If anyone here knows much about brain science, how much of this show is hokum (aside from the OBE stuff, of course)?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 14:35   Link #249
rpgkiller999

Spoiler for episode 9:
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 21:49   Link #250
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999 View Post
Spoiler for episode 9:
wtf? that sounds cheesy especially for this type of science-heavy show. Well, i guess it still beats how boring ep 8 is.
Old 2007-12-16, 20:30   Link #251
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Dude, you know how Makoto's grandma is sick? Maybe she'll die or something and Makoto will be sent to live with his mother. He'd bail, though.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 07:51   Link #252
hachihachi
i've been nell-ed!

tarou is having so many instances of obes, more so than makoto and masayuki. i think it could be the green man inside his brain causing it.
hachihachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 16:52   Link #253
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I can't believe random Curiosity hasn't blogged episode 9 yet. It's really late. I've seen the episode, but I have no idea what they is talking about. I need's clarification (with screen caps).
Old 2007-12-20, 17:49   Link #254
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Soooo, anyone have any details on episode 10? Nobody has posted it on Nico Video so i'm completly in the dark.
Old 2007-12-21, 01:46   Link #255
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Soooo, anyone have any details on episode 10? Nobody has posted it on Nico Video so i'm completly in the dark.
Ep is out (but for Nico video I don't know)

I couldn't understand many things.
Spoiler for ep10:

(I hope I don't bother you with my low class summary ^^' )
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 12:55   Link #256
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I asked for details and you gave them to me. I is not bothered. Thank you! ^_^
Old 2007-12-24, 19:18   Link #257
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Ep 9 got a nice action sequence.

Spoiler for ep 19:
Old 2007-12-26, 21:59   Link #258
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

LOL, I don't think we're headed in the action fighting shonen direction here. But it was cool to see moe Tarou get all primal beast - even if he did revert back to his puppyish self when the ghost showed his true face. He seems to be in touch with all the emotions surrounding his kidnapping except for the anger.

Man, that long-limbed ghost is one of the freakiest anime images in a long time. I'd try and fly away, too...
Old 2007-12-26, 22:46   Link #259
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
LOL, I don't think we're headed in the action fighting shonen direction here. But it was cool to see moe Tarou get all primal beast - even if he did revert back to his puppyish self when the ghost showed his true face. He seems to be in touch with all the emotions surrounding his kidnapping except for the anger.

Man, that long-limbed ghost is one of the freakiest anime images in a long time. I'd try and fly away, too...
I found that to be another letdown from ep 9. He went back to his baby state before even landing a punch or a bite on the spirit. Hopefully in the future his 'hound' form will chew ghosts from limbs to limbs and gives this show something exciting like gore.
Old 2007-12-28, 15:12   Link #260
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Damnit, usually I was always able to see the new episode every Thursday or Friday from Nico or somewhere, but now I can't find it at all. If someone here has seen 11, could you be a doll and fork over some details, please?

Tags
drama, production i.g.