AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-24, 13:35   Link #21
Rima-Chan
lurker

What the..... I'm confused!! What the hell happend!! Dx Me....Wants.....Subs.....Now..... Dx

Last edited by Rima-Chan; 2009-12-24 at 13:47.
Old 2009-12-24, 13:50   Link #22
Battler-kun

Season 2 never happened for me and i will keep Darker than Black in good memories.
Old 2009-12-24, 15:09   Link #23
Lummie

Saw the raw and this episode doesn't make any sense!? My japanese understanding might not be something but even so, this episode doesn't appear very logical. I don't see anything back what was written in the mitaka documents...

Last edited by Lummie; 2009-12-24 at 15:42.
Old 2009-12-24, 15:49   Link #24
Omniscient

Spoiler:
I wrote a summary of the episode here.
Old 2009-12-24, 16:08   Link #25
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So.....

Spoiler for questions:

Meh. In any case, I can honestly say I didn't see that one coming at all.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-12-24, 16:12   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

You know... Is there a curse on this season's anime? Most of them are ending horribly... How can such a large percentage of anime in one season turn out like this...

This episode... ...Until the end part, you could take it seriously... Then...
Hah?! Schoolgirl Suou?!
Yeah, sure, so a completely new Earth was copied and now Suou is pretty much living in another world? Talk about a big scale. What a way to end this...
Not only that, but they don't show what happened to the rest of Suou's friends. Were they copied into the new world too? How about Nika and Tanya? Kiko? Gai?

And to top it all off, they have Gorgo appear with torn clothe and the levitating car fly into the sky to end the season with a laugh.

And all of this with a lack of explanation of some other characters. Brilliant.

The end.
Hahahaha.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-12-24, 16:18   Link #27
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So, anyone feel like pretending this all never happened? I was kind of hoping for answers or at least hints as to what was actually going on with the fake sky and such, but I guess not.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-12-24, 16:20   Link #28
Statonxyb
hrm

I think BONES just trolled us harder than KyoAni did with Haruhi.
Old 2009-12-24, 16:29   Link #29
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

wha, wha wha... x_X I just, just, I just, but wha.. I mean wha, mean WHAT THE HELL ?!!!!
what about Yin, does that yin in white was good ? was she "normal" i mean, i mean good (heh now I'm just a little shocked, disappointed, frustrated and in some way excited in1 so I ran short of words, so please, forgive mi my language o_O )
I just want to know what happened with yin and hei, WTF the ED was sooooooo sucked... I think I'll write smth. later... now I have to do something to someone, to release the pressure

E:
@ dann - better... I think I'll just to "my own future" of this anime... at last, Amber said that there are different futures
I have to watch it with subbs, but yeah... for now, for me, that season, have never existed...

and yeah.. they have trolled us :[
Old 2009-12-24, 16:55   Link #30
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved the episode, myself. Felt right. The war continues on the old Misaki Earth, while Suou and July (although she doesn't remember him, I think he remembers her) live on the new Earth Shion made to Suou's specifications: with two loving parents and a view of the real sky.

Sad, terrible, happy. If Hei is truly with Suou, as he says, is he merged in the world-spirit with Yin, or will he and Suou meet when she is older? She says she expects to meet "someone" someday.

The ending is open enough for third (fourth) series of many kinds, it seems to me, on either or both Earths -- and also closed enough for an ending, with Hei and Yin either dead or together in a disembodied state, and Suou living a good life on the new Earth. Suou's expectation of meeting someone I think is Hei, makes me think a further series is in the director's mind.

Things surprisingly didn't seem rushed to me, but certainly full of interesting quandaries. Like the ending of the first series.

I think the new Earth is to be an Earth free of contractors and gates, and with a view of the real stars. We will leave the question of how its gravity affects the old earth's orbit out of our calculations, lol: "Sufficiently advanced science is indistinguishable from magic" (Arthur C. Clarke).

I eagerly await Chinese and English subs, but for me so far this was a moving and satisfying episode, not a troll at all. It didn't give final answers, but neither did series one. I like one comment on 2channel: "My head is spinning so fast that I have gone beyond the normal world."

EDIT: There is a huge number of comments on 2channel following the show. So many that people are making cracks about how many people in Japan are "people of leisure" and can stay up so late (the show starts at 1:25 am). There were over 600 posts during the show. Then succeeding threads have filled up in an hour and a quarter, an hour and a half, and three hours: over 3500 posts in five hours. More people there seem to trying to figure things out than complaining, although there is certainly some of that, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-12-24 at 17:14.
Old 2009-12-24, 17:03   Link #31
konart

All dogs went to heaven. mkaaay
Old 2009-12-24, 17:04   Link #32
Iggy_Pop

As much as I like this episode and the season as a whole, in the end they didn't answer of the most important question: Who created the gates?
I hope if there is a season 3 there will be an answer to this. And I remember reading somewhere that Tensai Okamura said that he has many ideas about the series and if wants to focus the sequel on other character, not just Hei.

Well, if he decide to make a season 3, I hope the new main character is a badass like Hei. Suou's not a bad character, but she can't compare to Hei. I think we can expect to hear from Bones about new project about DTB next year or so, considering together with FMA this is Bones most profitable anime.
One thing is for sure, July looks damn cute when he's smiling like that.
Old 2009-12-24, 17:13   Link #33
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

wait,wait,wait... I have just realised... did Yin (both of them x_X) say, that he can still kill her ?! And than Hei smiled ?! WTF ? did she give him, his powers back just to get killed by him ?! And the most important, did he kill her ?!
Old 2009-12-24, 17:19   Link #34
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
i didn't see the Ep yet but of what are you saying that's it gonna be a huge disappointment.......

from the begining of this season i predicted that this season is just a extend or a filler....cause the first one ended with out saying anything about darker than black universe.....

for me darker than black wasn't a good anime to start with.....it felt empty somehow ....but it's something i saw so i had to continue it to see the end of it ....
Old 2009-12-24, 17:35   Link #35
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So whatever happens, it's unlikely we'll ever see Hei as a character in the series again? Well, that sucks. Oh, well.

I also agree that they didn't deal with the most important questions at all. It'd be nice to see at least one more series dealing with answers to those though I'm not sure how the other Earth would factor in.

Old 2009-12-24, 17:55   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
So whatever happens, it's unlikely we'll ever see Hei as a character in the series again? ....
Don't know. In fact, because Suou appears to expect to meet him again, and Misaki thinks he is still alive, it seems more likely than unlikely, to me. The Gate is where wishes and fears come true. The ending opens up a lot of avenues.

But if all we wanted was to get finality on details of the plot of the first series, then this series did not do that. It raised as many questions as it answered. Seems a good thing, to me. YMMV
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-24, 18:23   Link #37
Battler-kun

Lol, when i think about it.
The first 3-4 episodes were the best one of this season.

Almost no emotional impact at all compared to the first season.
I was like *when does this finally end, yaaawn*

But seriously, another earth created? No.....just no!
I would want my money back if i were paying for it.
Season 1 was episodic and with Yoko Kanno and Mai Ayamane had some CowBoy Bebop vibes but now....i've lost it.
Well, i was naive that Cowboy Bebop can be topped or even be reached.

Last edited by Battler-kun; 2009-12-24 at 18:40.
Old 2009-12-24, 18:23   Link #38
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

I'M DUMBFOUNDED!!!

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-24, 18:31   Link #39
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Don't know. In fact, because Suou appears to expect to meet him again, and Misaki thinks he is still alive, it seems more likely than unlikely, to me. The Gate is where wishes and fears come true. The ending opens up a lot of avenues.

But if all we wanted was to get finality on details of the plot of the first series, then this series did not do that. It raised as many questions as it answered. Seems a good thing, to me. YMMV
I suppose that may be the point. It's open enough that they can continue, but closed enough that they could end there as you said. Though if it did just end here, then there are still way too many questions remaining concerning matters. This Copy-Earth only raises new ones though it would be interesting and somewhat sad if they ended up having some sort of Gate event as well.

Bones is keeping their options open at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
I'M DUMBFOUNDED!!!

Spoiler:
I'm kind of thinking that it is up to the viewer to decide, though that is just a guess.

Old 2009-12-24, 18:51   Link #40
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Lol, when i think about it.
The first 3-4 episodes were the best one of this season.

Almost no emotional impact at all compared to the first season.
I was like *when does this finally end, yaaawn*

But seriously, another earth created? No.....just no!
I would want my money back if i were paying for it.

heh, yeah... 2nd series was not DTB for me... first series was really amazing, there was action, really... while I was watching 2nd series, I was thinking that it is totally different series, and not only the series, even episodes were just different form each other, I just didn't see the congestion between each of them. That series was about "nothing"
And that idea with another world... mehhh... I'm just speak less

Last edited by Chidori<3; 2009-12-24 at 18:52. Reason: mistake
Closed Thread