AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-07-08, 04:20   Link #1041
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
Seeing the way Ymir abducted Historia was both shocking and disturbing at the same time, I expected her to grab her or something. Wouldn't eating her be quite dangerous as opposed to holding her in her hand? I mean, even if she survives I'm sure Historia won't exactly appreciate being eaten and regurgitated. I honestly can't see Historia taking this immense betrayal lightly either.
well, you must consider ymir is not that big so historia could probably try to free herself or start speaking and making ymir waver.While i bet since ymir ate her she fainted from fear
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 06:46   Link #1042
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
True, but we still don't know their true motive for doing what they did, other than eradicating humanity. It appears they were doing it because they had no other alternatives at the time, but now they do.

On-topic. I don't like how the author keeps giving us more questions than answers, at this rate we won't get any answers for months.

I feel like Hannes just got a huge death flag this chapter. Especially with his declaration that he'll save Eren even if it costs him his life. I hope he doesn't die. Any more deaths on his behalf and Eren will die from a guilt-trip.

I have to say I found Connie's interaction with Ymir quite comical. I was certain she was going to squash him like a fly when he stomped her on the head so I'm glad that didn't happen.

Seeing the way Ymir abducted Historia was both shocking and disturbing at the same time, I expected her to grab her or something. Wouldn't eating her be quite dangerous as opposed to holding her in her hand? I mean, even if she survives I'm sure Historia won't exactly appreciate being eaten and regurgitated. I honestly can't see Historia taking this immense betrayal lightly either.

Am I the only one who wants to see some kind of rivalry between Reiner and Ymir for Historia's affections?

In any case, I hope we got some answers and soon at that.
Indeed , The getting more questions then answers part is quite annoying , thats one of the reasons i'm losing off of this anime/manga ..

About the way Ymir captured Historia , there wasnt really anything wrong about it .. Since it seems to the "Alliance" that Historia has been eaten while she really is still alive is another plus for Berth and Reiner ..

I'm really not sure about the intentions of Ymir so yeah i shouldnt reply on that issue .
Uchiha Kesuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 06:53   Link #1043
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

[QUOTE=richardtengcy;4751360]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Kesuke View Post
You got down on her ?

Well...in anime, Ymir is wearing Lipstick.

In the manga, we can clearly see her breast popping up so this is solid hard evidence that Ymir is female unless the author would troll us on her gender.
Any tranny wears lipstick so yeah .....

The confusing part for me is ; Ymir seems to have been wandering around for quite some years as a titan .. She/he should be eager to get the D . Instead of that she/he rather seem willing to settle down with a little girl ... I mean like come on man .....
Old 2013-07-08, 07:02   Link #1044
chaos_alfa

Quote:

The confusing part for me is ; Ymir seems to have been wandering around for quite some years as a titan .. She/he should be eager to get the D . Instead of that she/he rather seem willing to settle down with a little girl ... I mean like come on man .....
She could have just been a lesbian from the beginning. In that case there wouldn't really be a reason why after regaining herself she would suddenly change her sexual orientation.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 07:10   Link #1045
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
She could have just been a lesbian from the beginning. In that case there wouldn't really be a reason why after regaining herself she would suddenly change her sexual orientation.
True , this would be the most logical explanation of her/his actions towards Historia
Old 2013-07-08, 09:26   Link #1046
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Speaking of lipstick, I remember only Annie, Christa/Historia and Mikasa has it. But I don't think Ymir has one. Petra... yes or no?

Damn, I don't know if Ymir is a she-male or what.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:35   Link #1047
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

First Hanji, now Ymir. And there's even someone who thinks Armin is a girl.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:59   Link #1048
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Because he's so cute?
For me, Hanji is a woman. I also never really doubted Ymir's gender. But ever since that person on mangafox mentioned the male titan form I'm not sure what to think anymore
I wouldn't mind if Ymir's a guy, I think that would be funny since he would've made a really good job passing as a girl imo.
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:01   Link #1049
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
A he-girl???

Though I bet that some other people already thought that.
Old 2013-07-08, 11:39   Link #1050
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon
well, you must consider ymir is not that big so historia could probably try to free herself or start speaking and making ymir waver.While i bet since ymir ate her she fainted from fear
Ymir may be small but she's still a lot stronger than a human, that and Historia is one of the weakest characters in the series when it comes to physical strength. If she had restricted Historia's arms Historia wouldn't have been able to do anything. If Historia fainted or was rendered unconscious she could drown in Ymir's stomach fluids, hence my thinking that swallowing her was a bad idea.

Quote:
About the way Ymir captured Historia , there wasnt really anything wrong about it .. Since it seems to the "Alliance" that Historia has been eaten while she really is still alive is another plus for Berth and Reiner ..
I suppose so, Reiner did pretty much eat Eren when they abducted him too. But to me it seems like Ymir swallowed Historia whole, whereas Reiner and Annie simply "held" Eren in their mouths. Not to mention that Eren was unconscious both times, I think Historia on the other hand is conscious so she'd be thrashing around if Ymir had her in her mouth, which is bad for both Historia and Ymir.

Historia can only survive inside Ymir's stomach for so long, whether she's unconscious or conscious, so swallowing her was a pretty bad decision overall.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 12:24   Link #1051
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Ymir may be small but she's still a lot stronger than a human, that and Historia is one of the weakest characters in the series when it comes to physical strength. If she had restricted Historia's arms Historia wouldn't have been able to do anything. If Historia fainted or was rendered unconscious she could drown in Ymir's stomach fluids, hence my thinking that swallowing her was a bad idea.

I suppose so, Reiner did pretty much eat Eren when they abducted him too. But to me it seems like Ymir swallowed Historia whole, whereas Reiner and Annie simply "held" Eren in their mouths. Not to mention that Eren was unconscious both times, I think Historia on the other hand is conscious so she'd be thrashing around if Ymir had her in her mouth, which is bad for both Historia and Ymir.

Historia can only survive inside Ymir's stomach for so long, whether she's unconscious or conscious, so swallowing her was a pretty bad decision overall.
I think Ymir swallowed her because she needed to have her hands free if she wanted to be able to quickly move around the trees and latch onto Reiner's back.
Old 2013-07-08, 18:02   Link #1052
Breimoon

don't know if it has arleady been discussed but
Spoiler for batoto link ch 5 pg 37:

could the symbol be the "cordinate" they are looking for?? (i don't mean 844 since i think it may be the year) or why would the author keep it hidden even now?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 05:50   Link #1053
BoyTitan

Quote:
Nope all jokes aside Armin is a girl fact. Mikasa just forces her to dress up as a guy or else she will kill her. Mikasa is not fond of woman getting close to Eren look what she did to Annie .

Anyways joking aside Historia will be fine inside Ymir mouth or else she would have spit her out when she was on Reiner's back and no longer needed her hands to swing from trees.

Honestly there is still a faint chance Ymir is good and preparing a powerplay. Going back for Historia not only gave the expedition more time to catch up but also gave the slower Reiner and Berthold more time to out run the titans. Fighting in the forest was high risk due to titans so now she can either help Eren and the Scouts or Help fight Reiner and Berthold. She is a huge wild card one sided selfish love is always unpredictable. Either way next chapter a fight is going to happen.
Old 2013-07-09, 08:13   Link #1054
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Nope all jokes aside Armin is a girl fact. Mikasa just forces her to dress up as a guy or else she will kill her. Mikasa is not fond of woman getting close to Eren look what she did to Annie .

Anyways joking aside Historia will be fine inside Ymir mouth or else she would have spit her out when she was on Reiner's back and no longer needed her hands to swing from trees.

Honestly there is still a faint chance Ymir is good and preparing a powerplay. Going back for Historia not only gave the expedition more time to catch up but also gave the slower Reiner and Berthold more time to out run the titans. Fighting in the forest was high risk due to titans so now she can either help Eren and the Scouts or Help fight Reiner and Berthold. She is a huge wild card one sided selfish love is always unpredictable. Either way next chapter a fight is going to happen.
I'm not so sure it will happen next chapter. We could first see a few chapters of Bert and Reinder trying to accomplish their goal before the powerplay happens.
Old 2013-07-09, 12:57   Link #1055
J the Drafter

I've had a few thoughts for a while and I'd like to put them down.

Thought 1: The Annie/Bertholdt/Reiner trio attack the outer wall right as humanity is on the cusp of turning the whole fight against the Titans around. (Remember that Grisha has the secret to the Titans locked away in his basement, and that he has access to a serum that can allow humans to turn into Titans at will.) The implications of the Shiganshima Breach are profound. If humanity had remained unmolested for a little bit longer, not only could they have employed Grisha's Titan Formula on a wide scale, they would also have been able to use whatever secret Grisha had access to. In that light, is the Female/Colassal/Armored Titans' attack a coincidence?

Thought 2: The manga briefly mentions that the Wall Cult has also blocked the creation of underground passages. That fits in nicely with the hypothesis I've seen on this forum that the wall titans are partially ensconced in the ground. (If the wall titans' bodies extend several meters into the earth than all but the deepest attempts at tunneling would reveal the titans.

Thought 3: We don't know if everyone in Annie, Bertholdt, and Reiner's village can transform into titans, whether a select group can do it, or whether those three people are the only ones in their village with that power. In any event, the fact that Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner were sent to attack the walls despite their youth would indicate that their handlers didn't have access to older troops with the power to gather titans and bring down the walls.

Thought 4: Why was Annie sabotaging the Recon Corps' attempts to learn about Titans? Annie and her cohorts don't seem to be allied with the Mindless Titans. The forces of humanity that take shelter behind the walls could hardly be a threat to Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner's faction, since Walled Humanity doesn't even know what the world is like in the regions controlled by titans. (Officially, anyway. If the Recon Corps did discover something important there's no reason to assume that information would be given a chance to reach the public, even more so if the discovery held military implications.) If Walled Humanity does somehow know about Bertholdt, Annie and Reiner's hometown and mean it harm, how does obstructing research on titans help Reiner, Annie and Bertholdt?

Thought 5: The Ape Titan clearly has no love for humanity. If Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner's faction truly is an enemy of the Ape Titan, then why didn't Annie, Bertholdt, and Reiner's overseers attempt to make an alliance with Walled Humanity? Walled Humans do provide an abundance of raw materials for the Ape to use in Titan conversion, but Walled Humanity also offers cannons and 3D maneuver gear users. In addition to the standing army, there's also a fairly sizable population that can potentially be conscripted. If nothing else, if Walled Humanity knew what it was up against and didn't need to fight the Reiner/Annie/Bertholdt group it would be a more useful distraction to the Ape Titan. Still, this one can be put down to Annie, Reiner, and Bertholdt's group either falling prey to hubris or seeing Walled Humanity as a potential threat for some reason.

Thought 6: Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt were all good enough to make the top ten and qualify for the Military Police. (This could be nothing more than convenient writing, but for the purpose of this brainstorm assume it isn't for now.) We know Annie received extensive combat training (though very curiously, Reiner did not). Is it possible that all three of the infiltrators were given early lessons in using the 3D gear prior to being sent on their mission? Failing that, could the infiltrators have been given training that somehow gave them an advantage in mastering the 3D gear? If neither of the above is the case, did Bertholdt, Annie and Reiner manage to successfully cheat on their exams in some fashion?

Thought 7: Why are the top ten graduates given the privilege of avoiding the titans? It helps motivate military cadets, but beyond that it's obviously a counterproductive system. In the century of peace, giving the Top Ten special treatment would likely have seemed harmless to most decision-makers, but the Top Ten would hardly have any reason to be favored by people who felt safe from the titans. Furthermore, keeping the Top Ten close by is really only desirable if one fears the titans are threat to one's personal safety. We do know about the titans in the walls, of course, even though the Wall Titans are bricked up and kept away from sunlight. It's possible the Top Ten are intended as a contingency plan by Walled Humanity's elite against the Wall Titans breaking free, but the chance of other titan threats lurking close to home can't be dismissed. (This could also be a lack of thought by the author, but I'm assuming he's going somewhere with this.)
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 20:08   Link #1056
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:

Well i really dont know .. Since Historia knows how Ymir looks as a Titan she could've allready figured out that she has been taken for a reason. And since those two seem to have some little relationship going on, i dont find it realistic to think that Historia would slice that mouth open and go on a rampage without having asked any questions ..
Old 2013-07-09, 20:22   Link #1057
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
I've had a few thoughts for a while and I'd like to put them down.

Thought 1: The Annie/Bertholdt/Reiner trio attack the outer wall right as humanity is on the cusp of turning the whole fight against the Titans around. (Remember that Grisha has the secret to the Titans locked away in his basement, and that he has access to a serum that can allow humans to turn into Titans at will.) The implications of the Shiganshima Breach are profound. If humanity had remained unmolested for a little bit longer, not only could they have employed Grisha's Titan Formula on a wide scale, they would also have been able to use whatever secret Grisha had access to. In that light, is the Female/Colassal/Armored Titans' attack a coincidence?
The only question i have here is ; who gave Reiner etc. the intel about when to move ? None a them were close to Grisha so they couldn't possibly know about the "secret" nor the serum .. So who ordered them to move at that time ?
Old 2013-07-09, 22:25   Link #1058
Graydient

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
What are you even smoking? That's just the author's way of making fun of the homo shippers. He also needed a way to state how they actually have some feelings of camaraderie toward Annie, didn't forget about her and are more or less unaware of the fact that she's now captured in a bloc of crystal ... and at the same time showing off Reiner's delusions yet again (yes, it comes from the guy who thinks Christoria is all over him after all). You should be impressed that he managed to imply all of that in a few sentences.
Or perhaps you're giving the author way too much credit? Whether or not Bert actually cares for Annie doesn't matter to me. I just find it tasteless that the author even mentions the possibility of it. The problem is we already have Reiner and Ymir for that kind of motivation (and Tobi in Naruto, lol).

Also, there's nothing wrong with explicitly stating their concerns for Annie. And it's not like Reiner hasn't had enough panel time for the readers to establish he's delusional. You're acting as if Isayama is being concise when he's clearly been dragging out the mysteries of the plot with redundant characterization and oversized panels the last two chapters.

Last edited by Graydient; 2013-07-09 at 22:36.
Graydient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 01:00   Link #1059
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post

Titans is not a "sex" male /or female right? But you say that for a long Ymir wander as titans and becoming it has "become" a woman
The Titan can not "choose" their gender right?
Old 2013-07-10, 01:25   Link #1060
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Again, Reiner was probably teasing Berth, so I think I find the Berth/Annie has little to no evidence to be legitimate and is somewhat out of the blue.