Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-09-12, 10:10   Link #11781
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
First, chapter's out today. Called it.

Second, the voice Natsu heard is definitely from the Eternal Flame. And it's of someone he seemingly knows. It'd be natural to associate a big, magical fire with Igneel, but I think Natsu would've known if it was his voice. So just who could it be?

Third...the frig was that bird thing? Seriously!
At first I thought Igneel as well but then I remembered the other fire dragon he tried to eat then mounted to fight with. Could be either probably something left by Igneel though.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 12:11   Link #11782
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnnn, the Eternal Flame kept the demons at bay, hence the giant guardians. Something was weakening the flame so they chose to freeze themselves to keep the 'flame' from vanishing. Now that the flame is gone, they are freed, but the giants are trapped in ice so they can't fight...

The demons of Zeref are starting to move...
Old 2013-09-12, 12:24   Link #11783
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

^ Or Or...
FLAre is the eternal FLAme.

and if my guess is right...
Spoiler for Natsu likes fire...:

Last edited by HiddenMessage; 2013-09-12 at 12:44.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 13:35   Link #11784
ranchan13

Either HiddenMessage is correct and Flare is the Eternal Flame, or Flare will be in Fairy Tail by the end of this arc.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 14:05   Link #11785
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, she -was- raised by giants and doesn't really know about the world...but iunno, she speaks of the eternal flame as something she has seen in the past. My guess is, the flame got snuffed out when it froze, but FT will help Flare become the new village guardian by inheriting the will of fire.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 16:06   Link #11786
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And Natsu gets yummy noms via Flare... wait, that's NSFW... >.>...

So cute how Flare is hiding behind Lucy when confronted by Natsu...
Old 2013-09-12, 18:22   Link #11787
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'm ok with Flare being in FT stalking Lucy and having a crush on Natsu.......she and Juvia could be the best of friends.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 20:45   Link #11788
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... or they couldn't stand the sight of each other... But Juvia would win in a match hands down.
Old 2013-09-13, 13:14   Link #11789
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
... or they couldn't stand the sight of each other... But Juvia would win in a match hands down.
At this point, I'm just glad we have this opportunity to see Flare in action and doing nice things. When she first reappeared in the bathhouse, part of me was glad she didn't want to join Fairy Tail (as Juvia said, it would be a rehash of her character arc), but also let down that we wouldn't know if or when we'd see her again. But then I remembered that Hiro never reintroduces older characters or plot points at the start of a story arc without bringing them back in said arc in some form. So I hoped, and I was not disappointed.

I don't know what it is about her, but Flare caught my eye the moment I first saw her. Be it her empty stare or limp gait, she just sort of stood out more than her more bizarrely designed guildmates ever could. I won't lie when I say I wanted bad things to happen to her after her battle with Lucy that Lucy totally won and did not lose because that's what happened. But much like Natsu's obsession with that blockhead Wally for shooting him in the mouth, I got over it once I knew Flare got what she deserved. And now that she's become more than just a cowardly bitch who gloats about winning battles she knows she did not win because she didn't, I think I'm comfortable with this extra serving of Flare.

And I know this may not be the place to say this, but if Luci Christian doesn't voice Flare in the dub, I will cry a little inside. And a lot outside.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 05:13   Link #11790
immblueversion

So the flame was Atlas Flame all along.

Called it. Not here, but called it.

Next will be about the purification of some dark magic. You don't think this means Minerva, do you...?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 05:34   Link #11791
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So the flame was Atlas Flame all along.

Called it. Not here, but called it.

Next will be about the purification of some dark magic. You don't think this means Minerva, do you...?
yea no the purification should be that they restore the giants to their regular forms. As for Atlas Flame immblue please show us where u called it because to be frank I don't believe you did. Since earlier in this forum you couldn't figure it out.
As for the chapter I gotta admit I found the fact it was atlas flame a bit annoying and as for flare in FT I can see it. I could also see Flare as a double agent like Gajeel.

Juvia (hidden) - fufufu Gray-sama
Flare (next to Juvia)- fufufu blondie
Juvia- Well at least she's not after Gray-sama she may be raven but juvia was an enemy too.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 05:39   Link #11792
II Maestro

So the flame was Atlas Flame, reunited with Natsu.
Old 2013-09-20, 06:53   Link #11793
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Whaaa, I honestly didn't see that one coming... Is he a dragon or a phoenix!? And of course Erza knows exactly how Natsu's explosions sounds and feels like...

Now...just what was that mysterious creature that ended up being literally sacrificed to bring Atlas Flame back...

... wait... does this mean that Flare could possibly become Atlas's DS...??? I mean, she was at the village for so long... and she can already generate fire... Theoretically, there had to be multiple DS of the same/similar elements back when the Dragons started to teach DS magic - would only make sense, or at least give the possibility to having same elemental DS running around.
Old 2013-09-20, 08:55   Link #11794
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kinda saw that one coming, but it's still a great development, finally a dragon to talk to

@Tempest35, I doubt Flare can become a DS, at least not a g1...she may be able to get DS power via dragon lachryma, but we already have a fire DS; getting a second one of the same element would be a first for the story, IIRC.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:10   Link #11795
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I was really pointing out how similar both Atlas Flame and Flare were with the ability to ignite parts of their bodies with flame (at least Atlas did in the past - now he IS flame). And since the 1st Gen DS can acquire a secondary element, why not have more of the same type of element?

And for something completely different... I want to see a FlarexNatsu. All the NaLu fans would scream NTR if that were to happen... XD
Old 2013-09-20, 13:21   Link #11796
ImperialFlameGod8190

well Atlas flame was pure flame during the dragon slayers arc simple as that so he never changed
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 14:25   Link #11797
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Awesome how the eternal flame was Atlas Flame!
Old 2013-09-21, 01:45   Link #11798
MAX_COLA_POWER!

First moment in next chapter, NatsuXAtlas Flame Tackle Glomp hug, while Natsu yells, UNCLE ATLAS!>V<, make it happen Hiro, either that or show more Flare cleavage, I'm good with either. Anybody else besides me hopes that when the animé reaches Atlas' appearance, that he'll be voiced by Jack Atlas from Yu-gi-oh 5Ds?
Old 2013-09-21, 12:48   Link #11799
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Anybody else besides me hopes that when the animé reaches Atlas' appearance, that he'll be voiced by Jack Atlas from Yu-gi-oh 5Ds?
I can totally see that, but I'd rather see the dub, when it gets around to it, pay Jack Black whatever the hell he wants to voice Atlas Flame.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 00:33   Link #11800
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Not a bad chapter. Was totally unpredictable for me. One of Natsu's best fights too IMO.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen