AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-12-29, 15:00   Link #1
KazuoMatsui
Inactive Member

Your Predictions for 2004?

I already posted this thread at a number of anime boards and thought it would be a fun thing to try(Who doesn't like prophesizing? ^_^) It could be related to anything, but try to limit it to 10. And perhaps at the end of 2004, we can bring this thread back up and see which ones were right! Ok, here are mine:
Warning: Some are quite ominous, and aren't cheery.

1. Osama Bin Laden will be captured dead either in Eastern Africa, probably Egypt OR in Sri Lanka. He will be found in July or August, most likely August.
2. "Troy" will be the highest gross movie of 2004, outgrossing Spiderman 2, and the 3rd Harry Potter installment. It will start out slow, but will steadily increase its gross to at least $344,559,680, and 800 million worldwide.
3. The US will declare war on Syria when it finds out that they are hiding nuclear weapons(either remnants from Saddam Hussein's or their own). Syria, surprisingly will put up a tougher fight than Iraq. Bush will lose the reelection as people are discouraged by the lengthy war.
4. There will be a dirty bomb attack somewhere in NYC, Las Vegas or Washington early 2004. There might be another one late in the year as well. Most likely there won't be any deaths, but there will be a handful of injuries. With the high terror alert right now, an attack might seem likely.
5. The Tennessee Titans will win the Super Bowl. Mariners will win World Series. This is my sports prediction.
6. There will be an earthquake in New York City. It will be very noticeable, and will cause some disruption, but will not be of major scale. BUT it will be very noticeable. There will be an unusual predominant series of earthquakes along the eastern coast of the US during the summer.
7. This year, there was some controvery surrounding cloning. Well, in 2004 there will be another major controversy late in the year as there will be a legitimate attempt at time travel. Out of nowhere, a research organization will reveal a time machine they spent 30 years constructing.
8. Remember the blackout that affected most of eastern US? Well, this year we will have an internet shutdown. Yep, a complete shutdown. Everyone in the entire country will no longer be able to go online for at least a couple of days. Cyber terrorism? Hackers? Possibly.
9. The lottery being a huge fraud will be uncovered. There will be outrage as people will find out that noone actually wins the lotto, and it is all fixed. All the money ppl pay to play actually goes towards developing a top-secret plant underground to perform experiments on aliens.
10. My science prediction. The medical community will announce the first 'cyborg' human. He/she will have a mostly organic brain but with a metal etched in a small portion of it(that was missing a chunk). This will have profound effect on brain injuries, and surgeries.

Out of all these, I'd say #8 seems the most likely and followed by #5. I also really feel strongly about #3, don't ask me why. I just have a gut feeling about it. Anyway, post your predictions, and don't hesitate to go out on a limb and be creative ^_^
KazuoMatsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 16:09   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Colorado Avalanche, future 2004 Stanley Cup Champions.
Old 2003-12-29, 17:04   Link #3
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAvsFan
Colorado Avalanche, future 2004 Stanley Cup Champions.
You could always dream my friend. The New Jersey Devils are going to win the Stanley Cup again! GO DEVILS!!
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 17:15   Link #4
Muraki
Dreamer

1. George Bush won't be reelected
2. George Bush won't be reelected
3. George Bush won't be reelected
4. George Bush won't be reelected
5. George Bush won't be reelected
6. George Bush won't be reelected
"
"
"
"
"

Colorado or New Jersey...hmmm...

(sigh) I hate living in Texas...
Muraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 17:15   Link #5
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I predict that all of your predictions are dead wrong!!!

Troy being the highest grossing movie?!? haha
An earthquake in NYC? It's nowhere near a faultline.

Dopeskills Predictions

1) Bush will get re-elected. Sorry folks its definately gonna happen. (He has no real competition)

2) The Devils will win the stanley cup again, but no one will care because hockey sucks.

3) A Naruto movie will be realeased and there will be much rejoicing in the Naruto forum.

4) Bin Laden will still be running around in caves somewhere. And Syria will start to think about following Libya's example and begin to become more cooperative with arms inspectors.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 17:17   Link #6
Muraki
Dreamer

Quote:
1) Bush will get re-elected. Sorry folks its definately gonna happen. (He has no real competition)
Yes sadly enough that's probably true but still I CAN wish
Muraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 17:47   Link #7
wnkryo
HainShodan

1- I will hopefully learn how to do the "bachata".

2- Get my permit!

3- get my car!
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 17:51   Link #8
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

I'm praying that the New Jersey Nets will finally win an NBA championship.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 17:59   Link #9
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Ordered by obviousness:

In politics...
1) No weapons of mass destruction will be found anywhere.
2) Martial law will be declared in Iraq.
3) Bush will be defeated by a Dean/Clark double threat... or will he? My crystal ball is fuzzy. It does seem clear, though, that Bush will mysteriously win Florida in the official count, even though exit polls will show Dean winning Florida by 70%.
4) Ralph Nader will get hit in the face with a pie. Again.

In anime...
1) Bottle Fairy will have a sequel.
2) Yotsuba To! will become an anime.
3) ADV will do a horrible job dubbing Azumanga, butchering what will later be remembered as one of the best, genre-pioneering anime of the early 21st century.
4) In the fall, Naruto will be officially renamed Naruto Z.
5) The end of Tsukihime is going to be good. The end of Gunslinger Girl will be awesome.

On the Interweb...
1) The AnimeSuki forums and website will go down again.
2) JAppi will get banned from AnimeSuki. This will spawn a gigantic forum drama where a bunch of people leave and attempt to hijack the IRC channel.
3) A major website will get Hacked By Brazil.
4) Microsoft's plan to integrate DRM and Office into Longhorn will spawn a task force aimed at making free Linux usable for the average Joe by 2005. They will use the Knoppix LiveCD technology, except attempting to make it a Windows clone.
5) 5chan will be even bigger than 4chan.
6) Someone will get hold of the source picture for my avatar. I will have to change my avatar.

In sports...
1) Neither the Red Sox nor the Cubs will win the World Series.

In religion...
1) That crazy "God hates Fags" guy will die, and leave behind a diary describing his secret homosexual tendencies.
2) Islam will grow in the United States. Much drama will be thrown around.
2b) Some Muslim will attempt to take advantage of Bush's "faith-based initiative", which was intended to be used by Christians only. Much drama will be thrown around.

Last edited by Shii; 2003-12-29 at 20:50.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 18:35   Link #10
Wolfwood2970

My prediction:

The US will wage war against Canada
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 18:35   Link #11
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
3) ADV will do a horrible job dubbing Azumanga, butchering what will later be remembered as one of the best, genre-pioneering anime of the early 21st century.
People watch dubs??

Quote:
2) JAppi will get banned from AnimeSuki. This will spawn a gigantic forum drama where a bunch of people leave and attempt to hijack the IRC channel.
Pfft, I'll never be banned. The mods love me! Even though I bet they have a script installed to imediatly close every thread I start. (Have any of them lasted more then a day?)

My predictions.

Hmm

I can't think of anything so I'll just mention that gravi is REALLY cute.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 18:41   Link #12
Shii
*Fansubber

You cannot change the future, JAppi...
Old 2003-12-29, 18:42   Link #13
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

My Predictions for 2004
Sports:
-Portugal wins European Championship
-Toronto Maple Leafs wins the Stanley Cup
-Tiger Woods gets eaten by another tiger

Anime:
-Naruto Movie will feature the origin and demise of the Kyubi by the 4th Hokage.

That's it folks!
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 18:45   Link #14
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood2970
My prediction:

The US will wage war against Canada
oh I am with you on this one . And anyhow, I think Bush will lose even without heavy competition. He is a moron and everyone knows it. You would have to be pretty dumb to vote for a moron, twice.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 19:02   Link #15
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
oh I am with you on this one . And anyhow, I think Bush will lose even without heavy competition. He is a moron and everyone knows it. You would have to be pretty dumb to vote for a moron, twice.
Why is GWB a moron? There's no doubt about it he will be re-elected again. So your saying all the people who will vote/d for him are morons. I feel GWB has done an excellent job being our president and I wan't him to be our president for another 4 years.
Old 2003-12-29, 19:07   Link #16
Shii
*Fansubber

Keitaro is trying to derail the thread. Bonklers
Old 2003-12-29, 19:13   Link #17
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:

Keitaro is trying to derail the thread. Bonklers
O sorry I didn't mean to, I just hate it when ppl bash GWB becasue they feel like it.
Old 2003-12-29, 19:54   Link #18
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

world:
osama will be captured.

anime:
naruto will be picked up.

personal:
i will race 650TW in AFM and be top20 (easy enough)
i will get a g/f (and get laid)
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 20:31   Link #19
Tommy
Mr. Prince

ashibaka Tsukihime already ended and it was good .
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 20:40   Link #20
Blue Siren
Yuki is MINE!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Siren
Bush will probably get re-elected... his brother still in Florida
Naruto will get licenced
Osama will get a total make-over and become a movie star
and I hope David Beckham divorces Posh spice and moves to next door to me
Blue Siren is offline   Reply With Quote