AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-14, 11:17   Link #3941
Kafriel
Senior Guest

EUNE's bans on silver are as follows: Amumu - Malphite - Shen - Blitzcrank - Leona - Kassadin. At least most of them are well thought of, Amumu and Malphite can become juggernauts if left to their own devices (much like Nasus, but to a larger extent due to their presence in a fight), Blitz calls for invasions but I kinda like fighting against Blitzcranks, it makes the game more active and fun. Leona gets banned because people get stomped by her passive's collective damage and Kassadin because riftwalk I KILL YOU! I remember one Annie saying "this will be easy" when versed with Kass...after two ganks (courtesy of moi) and an admittedly good lane control from Kassadin (60 creeps at 10' with ~90% turret HP), he ended up waltzing in the enemy jungle and rift-bursting everyone down. It was awesome
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 12:05   Link #3942
Kreceir

in EUW, the last time I played 5 vs 5 Ranked the bans were these.
Malphite - Blitzcrank - Shen - Amumu - Zac - Kassadin

And its pretty much the same for Solo Que, But sometimes also I see these kind of bans,
Jayce - Zed - Kha'zix - Thresh
Old 2013-07-14, 16:04   Link #3943
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
EUNE's bans on silver are as follows: Amumu - Malphite - Shen - Blitzcrank - Leona - Kassadin.
Eh.... those are strange bans...

Common bans here on Thresh - Nunu - Blitzcrank - Elise - Jayce - Shen

I can't imagine leaving Thresh and Nunu unbanned it seems like sucide to me, as thresh is without a doubt the strongest support atm, and a good Nunu will counter jungle you to death.

And Amumu and Malphite haven't been popular NA bans for months.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 19:37   Link #3944
Kreceir

God, I forgot about Nunu.
He's an annoying champ specially since his new Jungle changes, Specially when Trick2g made Nunu Popular with his Flash smite / Consume.
Old 2013-07-14, 20:03   Link #3945
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Nunu is the most annoying jungler I faced.
Old 2013-07-14, 20:19   Link #3946
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Nunu prior to the most recent patch was broken. Consume lvl 1 does more damage then a smite leading to buffstealing from lvl 1.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 04:56   Link #3947
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Broken in soloque maybe, but in competitive games Nunu wasn't as annoying due to all the early scouting and wards. And even in soloque, if you can get your support to place a ward for you at the other buff, you can see whether or not Nunu comes to ward it.
Old 2013-07-15, 05:41   Link #3948
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Broken in soloque maybe, but in competitive games Nunu wasn't as annoying due to all the early scouting and wards. And even in soloque, if you can get your support to place a ward for you at the other buff, you can see whether or not Nunu comes to ward it.
nunu was at 50% pick/ban rate in ogn while playing on patch 3.8 with only one lose, so I dunno about lcs, but he's been a game changing champion in korea lately.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 06:03   Link #3949
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
nunu was at 50% pick/ban rate in ogn while playing on patch 3.8 with only one lose, so I dunno about lcs, but he's been a game changing champion in korea lately.
I don't have OGN subscription so I'll take your word for it. He's been picked/banned in NA LCS, not nearly as much as people predicted. Less than 50% IIRC, but I'll double check. The thing is, Nunu is really good at counterjungling early because of his consume, but after that, I don't find Nunu to bring as much utility as other popular junglers. There was a LCS a while back where Meteos of C9 had both of his buffs stolen at the beginning of the game. However, he just went to lane with adc/supp, and they pushed down an early tower. After a while, he was actually outleveling the enemy jungler. His strong counterjungling can be countered if played correctly.
Old 2013-07-15, 06:11   Link #3950
DemonOfWrath

Actually since the changes to the jungle in 3.8(?) Nunu has been 100% pick/ban in NA LCS, I'm almost dead certain of it. Meteos picked him in one of the two (I think) games it's been left open since despite hating Nunu, simply to avoid playing against it.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 06:24   Link #3951
Pocari_Sweat

Nami suddenly from underpowered to the most prolific support alongside thresh in OGN. Sona and Lulu are 2nd tier and the rest like Janna and Fiddlesticks are situational picks.
Old 2013-07-15, 07:07   Link #3952
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Nami suddenly from underpowered to the most prolific support alongside thresh in OGN. Sona and Lulu are 2nd tier and the rest like Janna and Fiddlesticks are situational picks.
Fiddlesticks on support?
Quote:
Eh.... those are strange bans...
Still talking about silver division, haven't even played 30 games yet this season.

As for Nunu, he's a great jungler; fast clears, no real need for red/blue after his first clear and ability to support all lanes in case of gank failure. Still, he needs to be wary of having his buffs stolen while he's busy counterjungling, which isn't so hard if the enemy jungler has invested in basic jungle vision as a countermeasure.
Old 2013-07-15, 07:12   Link #3953
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Fiddlesticks on support?
Fiddle's fear is the longest single target CC in the game. He also has a bouncing aoe silence. If you've been on the receiving end of a fiddlesticks support, you'll realise how ridiculously powerful a 3.5s disable on your ADC is and how game changing it is. Korean LoL is vastly different to NA LoL. For example, NA no one plays Lee sin anymore post nerf, but in korea he currently has a 90% pick or ban rate because he's just that ridiculously powerful. He's been the most popular jungler in for a while now in that reason, even if EU's Gambit's Diamondprox was the first person to really bring him big onto the scene, but he doesn't play him anymore.
Old 2013-07-15, 07:46   Link #3954
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Fiddle's fear is the longest single target CC in the game.
Not really, there's wither and time warp for that. Swain's decrepify also lasts for 3 seconds, even at LV1.
Quote:
If you've been on the receiving end of a fiddlesticks support, you'll realise how ridiculously powerful a 3.5s disable on your ADC is and how game changing it is.
Terrify is a bad choice for a trade with ADCs, since most of them have superior range and skillshots - getting close enough to cast it puts you in immediate danger in the first place...and I think it lasts 3 seconds at LV5, by which point you will have probably left your lane. Dark wind is his only saving grace as a support, and even then, its mana cost is high enough to forbid constant harassment.
Old 2013-07-15, 07:52   Link #3955
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Not really, there's wither and time warp for that.
Sorry I should have said "hard cc". The two you mentioned are longer, but they are only soft CC (i.e. slows)

Quote:
Terrify is a bad choice for a trade with ADCs, since most of them have superior range and skillshots - getting close enough to cast it puts you in immediate danger in the first place...and I think it lasts 3 seconds at LV5, by which point you will have probably left your lane. Dark wind is his only saving grace as a support, and even then, its mana cost is high enough to forbid constant harassment.
I've seen way too many OGN and high ELO korean games in teamfights where fiddle dies after fearing but then the enemy ADC dies because he got feared towards his team which is a really good trade. Fiddle also tends to use ult for getting into position as well. It just straight up forces the enemy carry to get an early QSS and/or cleanse instead of barrier which in itself is a passive win. As for his e, you won't be maxing it first so its only 50 mana at rank 1 which is bugger all.
Old 2013-07-15, 10:38   Link #3956
DemonOfWrath

First Mecha Kha'Zix, then High Command Kat, and now Bilgewater Kat. Damnit Riot, why don't you just skip the middle step and directly drain my wallet. If the sale after this has Midnight Ahri/Fullmetal Panth/any Irelia skin I'm going to be completely convinced they're just reading my mind for these.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 17:04   Link #3957
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonOfWrath View Post
Actually since the changes to the jungle in 3.8(?) Nunu has been 100% pick/ban in NA LCS, I'm almost dead certain of it. Meteos picked him in one of the two (I think) games it's been left open since despite hating Nunu, simply to avoid playing against it.
Yeah I was wrong about that. Checked the stats and Nunu was indeed banned a lot more than I originally thought Maybe because I personally don't find Nunu that fun to play, I haven't discovered his OPness for myself.

^Also, don't forget SGU
Old 2013-07-16, 11:42   Link #3958
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The common bans in LCS are from memory in no particular order Jayce, Kennen, Nunu, TF, Elise, Shen, Thresh, Lissandra and a few more situational ones like Eve, Kassadin and so on.

Fiddlesticks support has been gaining popularity more and more in LCS as well.

Nunu is just the most annoying thing ever to play against, he takes one of his buffs, then runs straight for yours on the same side and you can't do a damn thing about it if executed properly.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 12:33   Link #3959
Kreceir

The sad thing for me is, I loved Nunu in season 2 as a Support. His Steroids on a Fed Vayne or Draven is awesome. I even have his legendary skin.

But now I never can play him as a support, Cause he's getting banned all the time
Old 2013-07-16, 16:21   Link #3960
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Nunu is the most cruel jungler to all.

Tags
league of legends, lol