AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 28 Rating
Perfect 10 19 28.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 26.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-25, 19:53   Link #21
Super Ska Master

I thought it was revealed that L's name was

Spoiler for L's name:
I thought it was ironic that L had such a silly name.

Anyone think the anime version of this arc is better? My only gripe in the manga is all the pointless talking. Glad they cut some of the boringness out.

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-26 at 12:16. Reason: spoiler tags added!
Old 2007-04-25, 19:57   Link #22
Lendial

hes so mean to misa i feel bad her, so devoted yet so unappreciated
Old 2007-04-25, 20:25   Link #23
iBeast

C'mon now Light, you're only dealing with 14-18 year olds here.

Mello is such a prick.
Old 2007-04-25, 20:27   Link #24
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

yet he still loves his sister enough to not kill her, i think.
Old 2007-04-25, 21:23   Link #25
Altimit

@Maes Hughes

in the future, could you PLEASE mark spoilers that are about something not in this episode or in any episode before it? You just ruined it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
I thought it was revealed that L's name was L XXXXX. I thought it was ironic that L had such a silly name.

Anyone think the anime version of this arc is better? My only gripe in the manga is all the pointless talking. Glad they cut some of the boringness out.
Could you please use spoiler tags, ESPECIALLY for stuff that hasn't been revealed in the show yet?

Anyway, thanks a lot guys. I'm polite, but I wont say that I'm not pissed off. According to the first post in this topic you both should be banned.

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-26 at 12:06. Reason: spoilerish quote removed
Old 2007-04-25, 22:00   Link #26
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimit View Post
in the future, could you PLEASE mark spoilers that are about something not in this episode or in any episode before it? You just ruined it for me

Could you please use spoiler tags, ESPECIALLY for stuff that hasn't been revealed in the show yet?

Anyway, thanks a lot guys. I'm polite, but I wont say that I'm not pissed off. According to the first post in this topic you both should be banned.
The name isn't revealed during the actual story, so revealing his real name is spoiling absolutely nothing. I would not have posted it if telling you L's real name would spoil any future events - I know for a fact after just double checking with a friend who read the manga it doesn't. L's gone (are you going to tell me pointing out the obvious is spoiling next?), his name now only has meaning to people curious enough to want to know his real name.

Here's some information about where L's name came from:

"Now anyone who's a Death Note fan (and EVERYONE should be) would know that Death Note ended XXX at Volume 12. Not only that, EVERYONE should also know that the Volume 13 which came out last Friday (I know I bought it a week late... shamed am I!!!) includes interviews, character guides, blah blah and blah blah but most importantly it comes with L's name. L'S REAL NAME!!! THE NAME THAT NO ONE EXCEPT THAT SHINIGAMI REM KNOWS!!!"

People on this forum really are pampered. I bet you'd be screaming for me to be banned if I posted a manga scan that the anime team skipped!

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2007-04-25 at 22:15. Reason: Added info...
Old 2007-04-25, 22:41   Link #27
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
The name isn't revealed during the actual story, so revealing his real name is spoiling absolutely nothing. I would not have posted it if telling you L's real name would spoil any future events - I know for a fact after just double checking with a friend who read the manga it doesn't. L's gone (are you going to tell me pointing out the obvious is spoiling next?), his name now only has meaning to people curious enough to want to know his real name.

Here's some information about where L's name came from:

"Now anyone who's a Death Note fan (and EVERYONE should be) would know that Death Note ended XXX at Volume 12. Not only that, EVERYONE should also know that the Volume 13 which came out last Friday (I know I bought it a week late... shamed am I!!!) includes interviews, character guides, blah blah and blah blah but most importantly it comes with L's name. L'S REAL NAME!!! THE NAME THAT NO ONE EXCEPT THAT SHINIGAMI REM KNOWS!!!"

People on this forum really are pampered. I bet you'd be screaming for me to be banned if I posted a manga scan that the anime team skipped!
While L's name has not been revealed in the manga or yet in the anime, it is always in consideration to hide it because Madhouse might reveal L's name in a future episode.
Old 2007-04-25, 22:46   Link #28
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
While L's name has not been revealed in the manga or yet in the anime, it is always in consideration to hide it because Madhouse might reveal L's name in a future episode.
Why would they add the name of a dead character? They're currently cutting out lots of manga material in order to make the series fit into 37 episodes.
Old 2007-04-26, 01:26   Link #29
FlashCE

Sigh, Maes, just apologise.

I'm a bit pissed off at the spoilers too.
Old 2007-04-26, 01:50   Link #30
rem

The more I see of Near, the more I like him. But, then again, he's so much like L that he's been easing my grief pangs

OTOH, I really don't like Mello at all. He's too amoral, much like Misa.

I don't think Light's going to come out of this arc very well. Am dying also to see what the new shinigami does
Old 2007-04-26, 01:53   Link #31
rem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
Ditto! When someone dumped the "after L's death" spoiler a few weeks ago, I nearly put my fist through the screen
Old 2007-04-26, 01:53   Link #32
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Monir is going to have fun with my posts after what happened in one of the previous episode discussion topics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
Sigh, Maes, just apologise.

If the anime decide to alter the story and reveal L's name, I'm sorry. I can't say the same if nothing unexpected happens.

Don't you think they would've shown his name just after Light picked up Rem's notebook if they were planning on doing so?

----

On topic(ish)...

I believe we saw the best of Light when he was against L. Pre-timeskip was his rise to power, post-timeskip (hopefully) will be where he slowly loses everything. I want to see him pushed more and more into a corner.

I'm a little annoyed Madhouse removed most of the conversation Light and N had in the manga (read chapter 63-66 after watching ep 28). I loved seeing Light being treated like a nobody for once, he's always been singled out by everyone as special up to this point.

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2007-04-26 at 02:03.
Old 2007-04-26, 04:58   Link #33
Anime5

^ u know what thats a really good point u made there it makes alot of sense, for me i dont mind Near n Mellow i was suprised with Mellow tho i didnt know he would be an enemy, but i think L was a bit of a better challenge for Light cause L was always rite there with Light in the same room n always thought of the best plans,i guess its still early too see just how smart Near is n i admit it kinda throws me off that he looks so younge but im hoping with the future episodes that Light is gonna get into some serious trouble,the story has been favouring too much on his side i think like when L was around it was balanced out u know what i mean but with L dead now,im just hoping Near will cause some serious damage for Light n i havent read the manga but that does piss me off knowing that they talked more Near n Light but it wasnt added in.
Old 2007-04-26, 09:52   Link #34
shakildwz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post
C'mon now Light, you're only dealing with 14-18 year olds here.

Mello is such a prick.

Yah but you got to remember, Light was only 17 when he took down L.

Btw, Mello is 19 and Near is 17.
Old 2007-04-26, 10:11   Link #35
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Light's got a bit complacent for the last 4 years without any challenge from L, so he easily got outmanoeuvred.

No matter how many times I see it, I still wonder how Mello managed to find such a large expanse somewhere in North America for a 747 to land and take-off safely, as well as how he got himself one nice missile.

Anyway, besides the story, I have to say the BGM in this episode has got to be the best used, with plenty of melancholic electric guitar tracks, which are some of my favourite in the anime soundtrack.
Old 2007-04-26, 11:24   Link #36
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

Are you serious, Mello and Near are 19 and 17? I thought they were younger due to Near's size. o.0 It doesn't help that he's always dressed in his pajamas and has screentime that shows from above his head or right at his face.

So if they were to be chosen to succeed L, that means at at the age of 12/11 and 14/13 they were already deciding at the Wammy House that these two (preteen kids at the time) were smart enough? (*Remember the message of L's death went through 5 years after the incident and it took 1 year for both Near and Mello to establish themselves in the group they're in now.*) Light was in college when he beat L and had a year or two of college time. That made him closer to 19/20. Was L that much older than him? I read the manga but was never really clear to how old all these peeps were, except Light...

I did not enjoy the manga's droning monologues but the series speeds things up quite a lot, skipping some stuff, but keeping the most important ones- making the series a lot better than the manga in this second half thus far... -_-

Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Old 2007-04-26, 12:19   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Monir is going to have fun with my posts after what happened in one of the previous episode discussion topics.
I admit I'm tempted. This is a thread speicifically catered to the experienced fans where anyone can sing like the canary without ever worrying about spoiling. While L's name may not be revelaed in this Madhouse version of the story, knowing it now can still be considered as a spoiler by an anime-only viewer. It doesn't hurt to be a little considerate since the intention here is to have fun with everyone, those who are expereincing the show for the first time, or those that aren't. And only way to accomplish that is keep it spoiler free.
Old 2007-04-26, 14:12   Link #38
Jaden

Oh, I realised only now that Light&Misa have two notes, Jealous's note (Taken by Rem, given to Misa, given to Light, bound to Ryuk, was buried, and recovered by Misa) and Rem's (Rem's personal note until she died and Light picked it up from her remains). So M has Ryuk's spare (found by Light, bound to Rem, was buried, found by Higuchi, taken by the police)
So M can't have death god eyes and a death god won't appear to him, he can't see Ryuk either.

Last edited by Jaden; 2007-04-26 at 14:40. Reason: mistakes
Old 2007-04-26, 14:30   Link #39
medigo

actually Mello has Ryuks original note with the english rules written inside, while Misa has Jealous's note.
Because Ryuk and Rem switched theirs around before Light relinquished his memories.
Light does have Rems original deathnote tho.. and Ryuk still has his spare
Old 2007-04-26, 14:36   Link #40
Jaden

Ah right, that's how it is. That note indeed has the rules written on it but it's not bound to Ryuk.

So M knows everything about the death note, but there are the fake rules. N only knows that when you write people's names on it they die.