AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-18, 21:00   Link #341
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I'm desperate for someone, anyone to do something that isn't part of one of the Evil League of Evil's myriad Xanatos gambits. It's exhausting to go through so many hope spots when they so frequently seem to end with one of the antagonists declaring "ha ha! Just as planned!" You know what? If they actually planned for all this to happen exactly the way it did, maybe they deserve the win? Good game, guys. Good game.

Good to see Gai back. It's been like five episodes since the last time they killed him off, which I think is a new record. He seems to have Mana's eye, and Shu's hand. He just can't get enough of that family.

I have to admit, I'm torn whether I'm raucously entertained or disheartened by the fact that a character finally used "take my void" euphemistically.

I'm still holding out hope for some good reveals regarding Inori's true nature. Maybe I'll be disappointed, but Guilty Crown is just so gorgeous and bombastic that I can't help but go to bat for it time and time again.
Old 2012-02-18, 21:07   Link #342
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Nope.
Gai used his void (The triangle screen before shooting) at Inori and her void manifested on her chest and she fell down with it still in her chest.
Unless he took out her void from her chest, its some random dude void.
No that's Inori's. The shape is the same, and Inori was shown lying on the ground without her void pinned her down.

This involves 2 more questions: Why she is still awake (despite she was initially kocked unconscious as per regular rule and Gai taking the void before he seized Shu's power of king), and how the hell Gai could flash grab the sword despite the distance between him and Inori, without moving a single step.
Old 2012-02-18, 21:29   Link #343
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Spoiler:
I totally agree with you on that one. I found it distasteful that she voluntarily gave up her purity to a perverted scum. Inori might as well have killed her off in the last episode. It's unnecessary things like this that really piss me off.

I feel sorry for Shu. If Gai didnt cut off his arm, the schookids would have killed him. The look on the three when they uncovered their weapons .. hahaha

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Old 2012-02-18, 21:41   Link #344
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No that's Inori's. The shape is the same, and Inori was shown lying on the ground without her void pinned her down.

This involves 2 more questions: Why she is still awake (despite she was initially kocked unconscious as per regular rule and Gai taking the void before he seized Shu's power of king), and how the hell Gai could flash grab the sword despite the distance between him and Inori, without moving a single step.
The interesting one is how Gai draw his own void?
Old 2012-02-18, 22:03   Link #345
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
The interesting one is how Gai draw his own void?
Maybe Yuu (eyebrows kid) drew it out for him?
Old 2012-02-18, 22:30   Link #346
n120cky

Maybe, but I don't think Gai is on good term with eyebrows kid.
Old 2012-02-18, 22:54   Link #347
com_gwp

^If it was the same Gai (Pun intended )

Honestly, we only saw a minute of the new Gai, so his motivations and allegiance are completely in the dark until the next episode.
Old 2012-02-18, 23:27   Link #348
Crontica

Sigh, i love how observers can just spout whatever they want without care of the implications involved.

The populace found out that the Voids ARE THEIR LIFE SOURCE! ◕‿‿◕ Sure they could have overthrown Shuu before they crossed the red line but there was a high chance Shuu would hunt down their voids in retaliation.

Shuu is simply too dangerous for the school not to kill him on sight or risk losing even more lives rebelling against him or ambush him once the mission is completed.

Lets also put into consideration that they may be low on ammunition to carry out the mission themselves while the voids offensive capabilities are vassily superior.
Old 2012-02-19, 01:30   Link #349
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I think it was Yuu that drew out Gai's void. Remember that scene with Yuu in that room with the square-like "tower" thingies and he was drawing out someone's void and talking to them, but the person's identity was kept hidden? Pretty sure that had to have been Neo-Gai. I doubt he's his same old self (if he did what he did to Shu and is working with GHQ), so it's plausible.
Old 2012-02-19, 01:45   Link #350
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Sigh, i love how observers can just spout whatever they want without care of the implications involved.

The populace found out that the Voids ARE THEIR LIFE SOURCE! ◕‿‿◕ Sure they could have overthrown Shuu before they crossed the red line but there was a high chance Shuu would hunt down their voids in retaliation.

Shuu is simply too dangerous for the school not to kill him on sight or risk losing even more lives rebelling against him or ambush him once the mission is completed.

Lets also put into consideration that they may be low on ammunition to carry out the mission themselves while the voids offensive capabilities are vassily superior.
They needed Shu more than he needed them. He could have taken Inori and broken his way out of there and left them to do die.

They didn't overthrow him before because they were cowards. The students represent the fickle public. A savior one day, a villain the next. People have short memories.

Shu was forced to make the tough and unpopular decisions so most of them could survive. Arisa and the rest of the traitors were irrational.

The GHQ had targeted for extermination, declared war on them. All of them were dead men walking. Did it matter if the void extractions weren't 100 percent safe? Hell no! They had no weapons, they had no supplies, they barely had food. Fighting with rifles or voids, they would still run the risk of getting killed.

Arisa twisted the students against Shu over a minor inconvenience given their grave situation. She should have used better judgement and just sat by and waited. Instead her own vanity and hurt feelings got in the way. So she ended up whoring herself out to carry out a pointless coup and led her classmates to a potential slaughter at the hands of the GHQ.

Arisa acted like a short sighted spoiled bitch. Argo and Tsugumi just plain out got hit with the stupid stick.

Argo was there for a single person. Why did he act all high and mighty? He was there to rescue that one girl for his boss and leave everyone else behind. For being a stupid merc without a plan he was sure a vindictive butthurt punk.

Only Shu had everyones' collective interests in mind.

I've never seen an anime that made me hate so many characters in so little time by just their lack of character, honor, and logic. It's like entire cast got flagged for death.

Human nature took over and everyone showed their real colors. Yahiro turns out to not be a scumbag.

Anyhow... it all went Lord of the Flies.
Old 2012-02-19, 01:45   Link #351
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I think it was Yuu that drew out Gai's void. Remember that scene with Yuu in that room with the square-like "tower" thingies and he was drawing out someone's void and talking to them, but the person's identity was kept hidden? Pretty sure that had to have been Neo-Gai. I doubt he's his same old self (if he did what he did to Shu and is working with GHQ), so it's plausible.
1. Yuu did drew Gai's void out.

2. If Gai isn't his old self then why didn't he kill Shu when he had the opportunity to do it?
Old 2012-02-19, 01:50   Link #352
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
1. Yuu did drew Gai's void out.

2. If Gai isn't his old self then why didn't he kill Shu when he had the opportunity to do it?
Because Death has him under mind control and this whole farce is to force Shu to awaken.

Gai is just a zombie pawn in Death, Haruka, and Keido's grand plan. Haruka is going along with this messed up mindscrew of Shu because it is part of Koruso wanted it to go down this way.

They don't want to kill Shu just mess him up real good, force him to go through a transformation.
Old 2012-02-19, 01:54   Link #353
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
The GHQ had targeted for extermination, declared war on them. All of them were dead men walking. Did it matter if the void extractions weren't 100 percent safe? Hell no! They had no weapons, they had no supplies, they barely had food. Fighting with rifles or voids, they would still run the risk of getting killed.
This is the big thing, really. I would understand the students' PoV more if they had other weapons at their disposal (like, say, if Shu was having them use Voids when they could be using Endlaves), but as is the issue of using Voids being dangerous is a moot point given the situation they were in.

Quote:
Probably because his priority was getting the Void Genome. Plus, whatever nefarious plans Segai, Haruka and co. seem to have for Shu, his death doesn't seem to be a part of them. Whittling away at his sanity until there's virtually nothing left of the Shu we saw at the beginning of the series, sure, but not outright killing him.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Last edited by Akashin; 2012-02-19 at 01:55. Reason: Ninja'd
Old 2012-02-19, 02:05   Link #354
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
If Gai isn't his old self then why didn't he kill Shu when he had the opportunity to do it?
Probably a combination of what Akashin said about the Void Genome being the top priority, Haruka possibly pleading for Shu to be spared (I kind of doubt this), and the possibility that the GHQ may be planning to use Shu for something later on?

Maybe if the Neo-Gai idea backfires, they could always clone Shu and have Neo-Shu rape Inori to produce a new race of Inomanarishoes. (I'm joking, of course.)
Old 2012-02-19, 02:28   Link #355
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post

Maybe if the Neo-Gai idea backfires, they could always clone Shu and have Neo-Shu rape Inori to produce a new race of Inomanarishoes. (I'm joking, of course.)
LOL, And they'll try to make all of them evolve like the original?

Quote:
Because Death has him under mind control and this whole farce is to force Shu to awaken.

Gai is just a zombie pawn in Death, Haruka, and Keido's grand plan. Haruka is going along with this messed up mindscrew of Shu because it is part of Koruso wanted it to go down this way.

They don't want to kill Shu just mess him up real good, force him to go through a transformation.

So I can see they're trying to force Shu to evolve again... *sigh* This guy can't take a break.

Expect it to be Shu dad behind all this and the whole show is one huge Thanatos Gambit...
Old 2012-02-19, 04:01   Link #356
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Honestly, this is truly the last mission for Shu... He just finished his role as villain and can make a new start.... no more tyranny and void's battle....
but Gai's appearance and students' betrayal is truly making everything become chaotic
I almost say sorry to Yahiro because I (and Shu) suspect him too much during last episode's event
now, Yahiro and Ayase are the only possible people to join up with Shu again

well, I still prefer a smaller group (Shu and Inori) to fight against bigger group (Gai's team and Antibody)
still, deathflag is on.... they should do another sacrifice to prevent attack from United Nations
Old 2012-02-19, 04:16   Link #357
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

Seriously, I would hate this to happen. How much longer that Shu needs to be a pawn in bigger scheme?
Old 2012-02-19, 04:29   Link #358
Soji

noobita@ Well ,this can happen ...but that's not mean that they will had their way. Maybe the new shu will be to much for them to handle. And if this happen I will lol so hard.
Old 2012-02-19, 04:42   Link #359
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
considering what happened to Shu's arm in this ep, i think all he needs is an Automail arm & some alchemy powers to fix the problems
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-02-19, 06:22   Link #360
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Everytime you think this show is predictable, it throws you another loop anyway.

However, I kinda saw Arisa's betrayal coming...

The only thing I'm upset about so far is the lack of character growth. Otherwise, I'm fine with the crazy/sick/psychopathic characters in the show. Heck, haven't seen a series like this in a long time. I can't help but love Gai and Daaryl for making that possible.

I hope that everything with Gai will straighten out in the next episode.