AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-06-27, 20:43   Link #1681
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

To any one who have played dragon quest games , are they similar in terms of plot? or characters?

Or are they like final fantasy series?

Silly question 2 ,

Disgaea 2 the sequal, Does it follow the story line of first one ? Or it has a diffrent story?

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2008-06-27 at 22:13.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 05:15   Link #1682
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Thanks Kyuusai. Netherish seems better, considering the other instances;
Scotland - Scottish;
England - English;
Ireland - Irish;
Finland - Finnish.

I wonder how you decide the adjective form when a new county appears onto the international plane.

>Whitemoon648

Each work of the Dragon Quest series has little close relationship in the story or the characters with others. Only monsters, items and magics are common. But you can trace the subtle scent throughout the series; for example, the heros of DQ1 and DQ2 are considered to be descendants of the DQ3's. And the director of the series, Yuuji Horii, writes so characteristic scenario that you will find his colour anywhere in the series.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 20:25   Link #1683
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I am looking for a little toy or so that I once saw or twice, or trice, what ever. Overall it was too important but it was very neat.

It came in different shape, but it was engulfed with water, meaning the container was filled with water and inside was this heavier liquid usually in a blue oil like liquid that was heavier than the water it self. Most of the time there was a spout facing downward and the blue liquid usually ran in a path or so to the bottom of the container. Some version often dropped to spin a little water wheel too. I'll add a sample image from what I remember ^^.

Don't mind the cheap photoshop ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 21:09   Link #1684
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I am looking for a little toy or so that I once saw or twice, or trice, what ever. Overall it was too important but it was very neat.
I have seen it for several times too, at Tokyu Hands in Japan. I will check it when I go there in near future.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 23:10   Link #1685
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

For people who do bloggings about anime shows, how do they get all the screencaps? Do they have to manually capture each shot and post it, or do they have some program that can bunch them up for them so i go thorugh the show and select the scenes i want and have them all save to one folder?

Also, if i were to start blogging, is there a free hosting site that would let me do that?
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 23:27   Link #1686
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I think they just use Virtual Dub
and Blogger is free i think ?
Old 2008-07-06, 23:29   Link #1687
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
For people who do bloggings about anime shows, how do they get all the screencaps? Do they have to manually capture each shot and post it, or do they have some program that can bunch them up for them so i go thorugh the show and select the scenes i want and have them all save to one folder?

Also, if i were to start blogging, is there a free hosting site that would let me do that?
For the second question, you could get a free hosting at animeblogger.net, but it'll be harder than getting a blog at blogger/wordpress.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 23:31   Link #1688
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Acutally, using vitrual dub was how this question came to me. Now, i use vitural dub to grab many images over a span of seconds for gifs of scenes, does it also do individual shots?
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 23:33   Link #1689
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post

There's a few ways to screen cap movies and anime. First of all, you simply cannot use the "print screen in Window Media Player xx" since you will only get a big black screen. Though It use to work for Window Media Player Classic, not sure why but I use #2.

#2. Simply use a program that will easily let you screen cap your anime shows. You can use this key word for google for some results "screencapping movies" and the first page is tutorials that will link you to some programs that will work nicely(I can't say they are freeware or shareware >.<). For myself, I don't need to screen cap so that's all I can help you with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For blogging there's a few nice site that let you register for a free blog. I do believe the most 2 popular are (which I can be mistakened):

Blogger.com & wordpress.com

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 23:36   Link #1690
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

well i tried to get single screen caps from virtual dub but i can't ...who should ask some bloggers for some tips
Old 2008-07-06, 23:45   Link #1691
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
well i tried to get single screen caps from virtual dub but i can't ...who should ask some bloggers for some tips
I'm not sure about VirtualDub but, if ypu use some types of media player like VLC player, then you can manually screen cap your video and it'll save it to "My Picture" folder.
Old 2008-07-07, 04:20   Link #1692
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I'm meticulous and I use the Vdub method, but I think most people just use BSplayer's screenshot automation or things like that. Anyway, to get just one pic out of a sequence simply go to the point in the sequence and move the caret 1 frame forward by pressing the Left Arrow on your directional keys.

I like taking 4-6 screens near the interval of the one I want so I don't get video junk in, but that's just me.
Old 2008-07-07, 13:33   Link #1693
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Single screenshot with VirtualDub .... I don't know if that is possible, you can convert a small amount of frames to jpg but a single one.... hmmm maybe if you select only one frame.

Most video players should have a function for that.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 15:27   Link #1694
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I would say just printscreen, start up paint/photoshop and cut the screen shot out (but sure yall ahve already thought of that)
other than that you could just select the single frame(you'll probably have to select two frames one to start the selection the other to close the video selection) and do export image sequence.. even if it is 2 frames you have to select you could just delete the extra one
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 15:31   Link #1695
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Single screenshot with VirtualDub .... I don't know if that is possible, you can convert a small amount of frames to jpg but a single one.... hmmm maybe if you select only one frame.

Most video players should have a function for that.
That's exactly what I suggested. If you position the caret over the desired scene and then tap the right arrow key you get just 1 frame selected.
Old 2008-07-07, 23:14   Link #1696
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I don't know if this is a silly question but I didn't know where to ask...
I've just met this ISML thing, and i'm getting interested in it, but after checking the ISML's animesuki thread and the ISML homepage, I'm still a bit (completly) lost (rules aren't enough for me to understand). Can anyone explain me how it works in clear words or post a link to someplace where it's explained?

Note: I thought about asking in the ISML thread but i felt it was out of place

Last edited by Deadwings; 2008-07-07 at 23:18. Reason: asked unproperly
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 15:01   Link #1697
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
I don't know if this is a silly question but I didn't know where to ask...
I've just met this ISML thing, and i'm getting interested in it, but after checking the ISML's animesuki thread and the ISML homepage, I'm still a bit (completly) lost (rules aren't enough for me to understand). Can anyone explain me how it works in clear words or post a link to someplace where it's explained?

Note: I thought about asking in the ISML thread but i felt it was out of place
This is the voting page, where the actual voting takes place. Just bookmark it and check it everyday to vote. If you do not see the "vote" button at the bottom of the page, the match have not started yet so just wait until there is one.
Old 2008-07-09, 01:42   Link #1698
Vinak
Procrastinator

so i was putting my dogs away this evening before the sun went down. there Kennel is built right next to my shed. Inside the shed are 3 barn swallow nests home to 6 barn swallows. for some reason all 6 of these barn swallows flew out of my shed and followed me to my garage and are still there even though I have a window open and the door is open and when i tried to scare them out they just flew around and found different perches.

any clues as to way they would act this way? it's kinda bizarre
Old 2008-07-09, 03:08   Link #1699
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Have you been feeding them at all? They may be associating you with something positive.
Old 2008-07-09, 13:28   Link #1700
Vinak
Procrastinator

hehe no I haven't. actually we have wild cats and I've been feeding them with some dog food every now and then. So I guess you could say I've been making their living environment a little more dangerous than it normally would be. Bird feathers where the cats like to hide gives some good evidence to support this

Tags
problem, q&a, serious