AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-18, 07:30   Link #761
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_firefly View Post
According to the CD Japan listings, Fumiko Orikasa will be singing the ending for the second season.

LINK
rather interesting new's there, I don't think I've ever had the oppotunity to hear her sing before. Can anyone point me to any piece she's sang before?
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 10:32   Link #762
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
rather interesting new's there, I don't think I've ever had the oppotunity to hear her sing before. Can anyone point me to any piece she's sang before?
That depends if you want to hear something done fairly well or badly by intention [Hyakko-ep5]
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 11:16   Link #763
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_firefly View Post
I really love the two variations of the main website. I'm quite excited for January now.

And here's the cover for dvd 5:

There's a first press item with this volume, but I can't seem to find out what that item might be.
Make me want to cry ;_____;

Ahmeyyyyy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
That depends if you want to hear something done fairly well or badly by intention [Hyakko-ep5]
I thought it was a brilliant singing voice!

And personally, Fatina > Kaya ^^'

I can't wait for the second season...hopefully it can become even better than the first!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 11:44   Link #764
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That truly is a lovely image of Ahmey for the fifth DVD cover. Gonna need a high-res of that one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And personally, Kaaya > Fatina
That's better.
Old 2008-11-18, 18:46   Link #765
Bloodseeker

Quote:
If you refresh your browser on that webpage you're given two possible pictures with either Kaaya or Fatina shown as a refection with Jil holding the other girls.

Spoiler for Comparable View from webpage:

Lol, Triangle. I'm rooting for Kaaya to win, Neko Kaaya ftw.
I like Kaaya, but Jil X Kaaya is a weak pairing. They didn't even act interested in each other until the last second to last episode, and that came across as sudden and forced. They were just normal friends.

Jil and Fatina have much better chemistry. They were flirting and giving off pheromones from the first time that they were alone together. They play off of each other better, as well.

You'll probably have it your way, though.

Jil's interest will never waver from Kaaya, and Fatina and Neeba (weak pairing #2) will make up. At least Fatina X Neeba will never go back to the uneven "fangirl X idolized guy" relationship that they had earlier.

I hope that I'm wrong and that they break the cliche here.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 01:25   Link #766
FateAnomaly

But Jil do like Fatina. Remember the first episode dream? He ended up with her instead of the princess lol. Anyway Fatina > Kaaya :P
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 06:46   Link #767
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I'm pretty sure Fatina will fall in love to Jil in the 2nd season ^^! Maybe Jil will have an interest to her !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 00:25   Link #768
FateAnomaly

Hmm maybe they can make 2 alt endings. One that ends with Fatina and the other with Kaaya. Just like S1 episode 1.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 02:22   Link #769
the_firefly

Cover for the final dvd:

There are some early designs out in the December magazines for the second season. Mainly, the winners of the polls. If I recall correctly the winners are (left to right) A, A, B and ? - I don't purchase Megami so I'm not sure who won the last matchup.
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 05:58   Link #770
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Hmm maybe they can make 2 alt endings. One that ends with Fatina and the other with Kaaya. Just like S1 episode 1.
High chances that we won't see that. They'll probably just build up the romance side of the story in this season because there pretty much wasn't one for Jil in the first.
Old 2008-11-22, 10:22   Link #771
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol the cover dvd !Most of them are their mouths open XD
Old 2008-11-23, 02:40   Link #772
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I like Kaaya, but Jil X Kaaya is a weak pairing. They didn't even act interested in each other until the last second to last episode, and that came across as sudden and forced. They were just normal friends.

Jil and Fatina have much better chemistry. They were flirting and giving off pheromones from the first time that they were alone together. They play off of each other better, as well.

You'll probably have it your way, though.

Jil's interest will never waver from Kaaya, and Fatina and Neeba (weak pairing #2) will make up. At least Fatina X Neeba will never go back to the uneven "fangirl X idolized guy" relationship that they had earlier.

I hope that I'm wrong and that they break the cliche here.
Yeah I'm hoping it breaks from the cliche. I mean really expect it will finish the way your putting it right there.

Honestly did like Jil and Fatina and hope they have a shot in the second season. Think there is some good chemistry with those two and its just a question of writing up feelings going both ways. Can easily see Fatina getting more interested in Jil and its just a question of that guy.
Old 2008-11-24, 23:15   Link #773
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I'm hoping it breaks from the cliche. I mean really expect it will finish the way your putting it right there.

Honestly did like Jil and Fatina and hope they have a shot in the second season. Think there is some good chemistry with those two and its just a question of writing up feelings going both ways. Can easily see Fatina getting more interested in Jil and its just a question of that guy.
both JillX Kaaya and JillXFatina endings are cliche. if you want a non-cliche ending it is JillXCoopa
Old 2008-11-26, 16:30   Link #774
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

or something else , Jil X nothing !! He was too naive in the first season thought
Old 2008-11-26, 19:31   Link #775
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
both JillX Kaaya and JillXFatina endings are cliche. if you want a non-cliche ending it is JillXCoopa
They may both be cliche but I figure one has a higher cliche rating than the other . But yeah go Coopa. After all the girl does all work necessary to survive a trip.
Old 2008-11-26, 21:00   Link #776
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
They may both be cliche but I figure one has a higher cliche rating than the other . But yeah go Coopa. After all the girl does all work necessary to survive a trip.
Coopa is a practical and loyal girl. better the spoil fatina or backstabbing kaaya.
Old 2008-11-26, 23:32   Link #777
Bloodseeker

Fatina isn't spoiled. She just wants to live the rest of her life in luxury. Nothing wrong with that by itself.

Its not as if she's some heartless bitch that only cares about her own well being.

People overstate Kaaya's and Neeba's backstabbing tendencies, too. Its almost like people are looking for an excuse for drama...

Sure, they used their groups as protection and led them up the tower fully intending to flush them back to the starting line at the half way point without compensation, but I get the feeling that they're pretty much just doing what they have to do. I'd be surprised if their goals weren't something really important. Its not as if they're planning to claim some reward all for themselves and turned on their comrades so that they didn't have to share. They needed help getting there, and there's probably a reason why they didn't want to bring their groups beyond that point.

Also, the bait and switch here wouldn't be particularly cliched. I actually can't think of any anime series where they had a "destined couple", switched the female lead, and then had the protagonist choose the new girl.
Old 2008-11-27, 08:25   Link #778
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Fatina isn't spoiled. She just wants to live the rest of her life in luxury. Nothing wrong with that by itself.

Its not as if she's some heartless bitch that only cares about her own well being.

People overstate Kaaya's and Neeba's backstabbing tendencies, too. Its almost like people are looking for an excuse for drama...

Sure, they used their groups as protection and led them up the tower fully intending to flush them back to the starting line at the half way point without compensation, but I get the feeling that they're pretty much just doing what they have to do. I'd be surprised if their goals weren't something really important. Its not as if they're planning to claim some reward all for themselves and turned on their comrades so that they didn't have to share. They needed help getting there, and there's probably a reason why they didn't want to bring their groups beyond that point.

Also, the bait and switch here wouldn't be particularly cliched. I actually can't think of any anime series where they had a "destined couple", switched the female lead, and then had the protagonist choose the new girl.
SHUFFLE or better yet Canvas 2..

Guess I should write something more, I'll have to agree with Bloodseeker on neeba and Kaaya. The later episode should reveal their intent and all problems will be solve. personally Kaaya has the heroic aura going for her, she's working towards a greater good the common rationale most heros try to make shouldering everything themself.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 08:41   Link #779
Bloodseeker

Quote:
SHUFFLE or better yet Canvas 2..

Guess I should write something more, I'll have to agree with Bloodseeker on neeba and Kaaya. The later episode should reveal their intent and all problems will be solve. personally Kaaya has the heroic aura going for her, she's working towards a greater good the common rationale most heros try to make shouldering everything themself.
Ichigo 100% came to mind for me as well, but those are harem shows. That's different.

And definitely not cliche, either way.

And they might have more reasons than just that for bringing a really small party along up to the top. If all it was was tough fighting, then it'd make sense for them to keep their parties. Maybe only so many people can go up (one man and one woman, and Neeba was planning on letting Kaaya and Fatina work things out amongst themselves once they go there) and/or there are severe consequences waiting for whoever reaches the top. (like what happened to Gil and Ki, or maybe something else)
Old 2008-12-09, 21:00   Link #780
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just re-watch the series last night.

despite Jill being backstab by his brother and girlfriend the saddess character in the show is Gil. After all that heroism, killing the evil rescuing Ki. In the end what did he have to show for it. His son murder and his wife dead, in the end he can't trust even his own prime minster. He has the Blue Crystal Rod that will grnat any wish but the wish truly wants.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg