Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-10, 00:20   Link #101
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttry View Post
I was just reading through the previous replies and wondering how come people aren't laughing at this spelling mistake
There's nothing to laugh since the OP scene is a failed anyway.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 10:35   Link #102
NaweG
Just some guy

So, was the episode so bad that those who planned to sub it no longer plan to do so?
Old 2008-01-10, 10:44   Link #103
Heresiarch

My personal thought after watching EP1.

The humor is still there. If you understand Japanese or watch with subs, you'll find the story isn't that bad at all.

However, the new art.....at least compared to the first series, is bad. The limbs and faces of the characters look very weird at many times. It's especially bad when they are making motions. All the characters don't look as moe-ish as the first as well.

Two gripes about breasts:

Kana's looks too....argh, she sure grows up fast!

Makoto's looks too...manlish!
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 14:05   Link #104
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
So, was the episode so bad that those who planned to sub it no longer plan to do so?
I hope not!

Shame on me for wanting to see it before I make up my mind.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 22:43   Link #105
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I hope not!

Shame on me for wanting to see it before I make up my mind.
Maybe some of us should say ''Shame on us for making up my mind before seeing the first episode. ( they were right but they should give a chance to MKO )
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 23:24   Link #106
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post

The humor is still there. If you understand Japanese or watch with subs, you'll find the story isn't that bad at all.

However, the new art.....at least compared to the first series, is bad. The limbs and faces of the characters look very weird at many times. It's especially bad when they are making motions. All the characters don't look as moe-ish as the first as well.

like I said before, the problem is that it seems the guys that are animating the show are accustomed to drawing male bodies all the time. That is why you think they are is strange. they draw the girls with masculine shoulders and arms. You can tell they are good at how well the crazy senpai abdominal area looks in the opening.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 23:33   Link #107
Dark Wing

Well it wasn't as bad as I first expected but not as good as the first series...Anyway is it still being subbed or what?
Old 2008-01-11, 00:00   Link #108
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Here's a nice avatar from the opening

although its 6 times the size limit, I just couldnt get it to look good with only 50kb

Spoiler for big version:
Red Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 02:46   Link #109
Cal-Reflector

I've watched the first episode. It was a lot better than I thought it would be:

1. Except for Kana's pronounced deltoids and shoulders, the art wasn't THAT difficult to adjust to. Chiaki didn't look so bad either; the thing on her head however is far more active in this series. Overall the animation and art isn't as... smooth? But still, it's nothing to throw out the show over... yet.

2. Fan service was not as overbearing as I thought it would be; it's more than what season one had, but still quite restrained.

3. I found the humor to be great in its own way.

Conclusion: So far, season 2 doesn't look like it's a total step down from season 1! That's good news guys. Most importantly, it seems like the sense of humor is still largely preserved, and as soon as the sub is out I think people will realize this. Awards to Kana and Mako-Toma (They go together now, like a two-man comedy act) for carrying this episode.
Old 2008-01-11, 04:35   Link #110
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm less forgiving than Cal, I thought that most of the jokes weren't well executed even though they were there. The director doesn't do this type of comedy well at all.

And Studio asread did Shuffle which is mostly girls -- were their female designs as mannish in that show as well?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 09:20   Link #111
Likely

has any group confirmed to sub this show? or are they all thinking another would do it and thus never get done?
Likely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 19:32   Link #112
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likely View Post
has any group confirmed to sub this show? or are they all thinking another would do it and thus never get done?
I think two or three groups 'wrote down' their names on the sub wiki, so i assume they are willing to do it. The first episode always takes time to be released (karaoke effects for the opening and the ending, the translation of the episode, other minor details…). And you have to consider also that some groups are doing more than one project (in Ayako’s case). Hopefully, we might see one released before the airing of the second episode or sometime next week.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 22:59   Link #113
heavenwargod
あやちのナンバーワンファンです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post

Ugh, the new art is still pretty good, just that they tried to use a more realistic or serious type of drawing (Afterall, it's those that brought us Shuffle! and TBA Kiddy Grade 2)
I liked this episode so far, the OP doesn't give an upbeat kind of feeling, but it's still pretty good. (The 'eyes' part of the OP sequence is a little creepy though.)

The humor definitely still made my stomach hurt from laughing. The
Spoiler:
and some other parts are funny as hell.

The ED...is a little of a disappointment, though. The song itself is great, but the animation and the tone of the song, somehow just doesn't fit the anime. (Who likes to see people shaking their booties may like this, though)
Old 2008-01-11, 23:15   Link #114
JediNight
キズランダム

I dunno heavenwargod:

In of itself the monkey suit and the glasses are funny, but theres no flow leading up to that. It's like LuckyStar-esque abrupt scene change showing that then they cut to a new scene again. It just doesn't make sense.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 16:51   Link #115
Mef

fyi, ayako's translator doesn't like okawari so they won't sub it.
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 21:06   Link #116
X207
Gamyūsa

i see minami-ke as a stand alone anime series in some sense. havent seen the okawari raws but from wat i heard/read its totally different from the 1st season that i loved.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 22:01   Link #117
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

drawing and those kind of stuff is hella different, but i believe it's still pretty funny lol. *watched korean sub* i really hate how much they screwed up opening =_=... and sometimes girls look like a freakin muscular people haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i see minami-ke as a stand alone anime series in some sense. havent seen the okawari raws but from wat i heard/read its totally different from the 1st season that i loved.
Old 2008-01-13, 03:41   Link #118
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Good grief, ... guess I'll have to see the episode to know for sure but if the girls just have some decent muscle tone now I'll be smacking some people.

The Shuffle! work being referred to... sometimes the art was very good and sometimes it was overlined and deformed with obvious difficulties in staying on-model reference.

Guess I'll have to dig up a look at it.
Old 2008-01-13, 03:54   Link #119
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
fyi, ayako's translator doesn't like okawari so they won't sub it.
Are you serious?

Come on guys, it's not THAT bad.
Old 2008-01-13, 04:15   Link #120
Mef

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Are you serious?
From Ayako's forums:

Quote:
[00:00:46] <@meep> okawari never made me laugh once
[00:08:07] <@meep> that's it spi, i can't stand doing this...
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life