Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-25, 03:58   Link #21
Phantasmagoria
*Author

I don't mind giving you some hentai titles J/k

Yea, you need to get off anime, that's quite a huge list.
Old 2008-01-25, 20:49   Link #22
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Hmm. For manga, I'd say:

Family Compo. Lots of Gender-Bender humor involved here.
Flame of Recca. This one goes in a different direction from the anime version, which is also fun.
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Just as much fun in the manga as in the anime
Midnight Secretary. It's more romance than comedy, and it's more a Josei manga than Shojo, but still, it's pretty good.
There's no way you could have missed Ah! My Goddess, but trust me, the manga version is somewhat on the ecchi side, which you'd never suspect from watching the anime.
Midori No Hibi. Good as either manga or anime version...
Sekirei is just about the very definition of the word "ecchi comedy", though I find it gets a bit repetitive...
Umisho is better (and ecchier) in the manga form, though the anime version is okay too.

For anime, aside from the ones mentioned in the above manga selections:
They Are My Noble Masters. What do you get when you cross Hayate No Gotoku with Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun, with a dash of Princess Resurrection? You got it.
Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun, since I already mentioned it, and see it isn't on your list.

Edit: More? Okay, here's one for the manga selection:
Kimi Wa Petto: A touching story about a girl and her "dog"

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2008-01-25 at 21:59.
Old 2008-01-25, 21:30   Link #23
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Well, since you liked Kanon, you might like Clannad, it's out and ongoing, so the ending is still a mystery. Though you didn't like Air, so it's tough to say if it will be a sure fit, as all three series are similar.
Old 2008-01-25, 21:49   Link #24
marth1244
BanYa

Send a message via MSN to marth1244
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i dare you to watch soul link, crossplayers, yumeria, gatekeeper, and the whole sailor moon series. those are the Ne Plus Ultra of the crappy anime, it seems you need to get off anime if you ve really seen all of wiki listed animes. those will help you get ride of your anime addiction.
Lol I h8 sailor moon.
Ty Sorry for all of those who dont understand this thread its just that I posted 3 threads at onse Cuz im new here(Completly baka) and they merged em.
Can any1 plz suggest more?
Old 2008-01-25, 22:02   Link #25
marth1244
BanYa

I started watching clannad and didnt like it that much it seems kinda boring in the seriousness.
Im a really weird person bcause i only like some serious stuff.
Like school days where it started of as ecchi and funny but spiraled down into a madness of not being able to decide who he liked.
I love the harem thing.
BUT I STILL CANT FIND ANYTHING LIKE ELFEN LIED. I REALLY LOVED THAT ANIME.
alot of my friends say it seems just like a killing spree mixed with twisted ecchi but i really loved it.
I also went to a place called Myanimelist.org or net and i got alot of reccomendations.

Is Kimiguri Orange Road a good choice? (the manga descripsion said it forms into a love triangle
Old 2008-01-25, 22:18   Link #26
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Try Shigofumi. It has some truly twisted themes. I agree, Elfen Lied was much more than just a twisted slaughter-fest.
Old 2008-01-25, 22:32   Link #27
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marth1244 View Post
I also went to a place called Myanimelist.org or net and i got alot of reccomendations.
I'd suggest the anirec database instead, linked in my banner.

Indeed Elfen Lied is more than ecchi and violence, and it honestly tries to be as deep as possible, and while I can rockognize it's effort, the show just doesn't pull through. You can tell it wants to be something special, but instead comes across as misdirectional and unsure of itself. There aren't a terribly large amount of alternatives, however I can suggest you some things that have the same way of blending twisted themes and other elements. A great one would be Shadow Star, and though I haven't seen it, I hear Saikano is right up that alley as well.
Old 2008-02-09, 00:06   Link #28
marth1244
BanYa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
I'd suggest the anirec database instead, linked in my banner.

Indeed Elfen Lied is more than ecchi and violence, and it honestly tries to be as deep as possible, and while I can rockognize it's effort, the show just doesn't pull through. You can tell it wants to be something special, but instead comes across as misdirectional and unsure of itself. There aren't a terribly large amount of alternatives, however I can suggest you some things that have the same way of blending twisted themes and other elements. A great one would be Shadow Star, and though I haven't seen it, I hear Saikano is right up that alley as well.
I already tryed the anriec it shows the same animes over and over again in the suggestions. I would say that Myanimelist.net is a better place for reccomendations.

Also PLz! Anything else?
Im still waiting on other new titles and the ones that just started out in 2008.
Also I Just saw Welcome to the N.H.K. Extremley cool. liked the ending i just wished it would continue (Something lime this but kinda without all that conspiracy crap! that stuff took out half of the series.( Lol talking to his refrigerator and TV ) Plz nothing that stupid)

Rosario + Vampire
True Tears
They are noble masters
hayate no gotoku
School Rumble
Lovely Complex
Shakugan no shana II
Are the current anime i'm watching.
Closed Thread