Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-22, 07:53   Link #501
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yes i know, though just because i do means that i can't get angry at this show?
You're free to do so of course, I'm just saying that it sounds pretty "meh" when there are shows that don't get half as far out there, especially when the person knows this.
Old 2009-12-22, 08:56   Link #502
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Episode 12 :

Give it 5/10 .
The warming scene , obviously that they'll be interrupted , its always like that ...
God , if it happens in real life ... hopefully not ...
The snow's drama scene kinda remind me ToraDora .
Say goodbye for this show .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 12:36   Link #503
Irie

Too bad another season is over. Enjoyed the show for it's own merits. Given how the source material plays out the relationship it's hard to expect much more development. I would agree the relationship between Yuuto and Haruka has progressed to a more physical level and for them not to be even kissing seems very unrealistic.

I thought this was a petty good episode and like someone said earlier, felt like an OVA with a bit less echii. The previous episode provided the characters version of a confession if not a proposal. I thought that was the real finale.

For anyone looking for closure, even something as subtle as a kiss, it's not happening. Another season under the same romantic concept will probably not do so well. It seems more viewers are voicing frustration compared to last season. Anyway, for those willing to view this as a romantic "slice of life" type show knowing there is no big payoff beyond the current relationship, it's easier to enjoy.

Hope we have another season down the road.
Old 2009-12-22, 14:23   Link #504
SidVicious
Anime addict

Needed more Hazuki.
Old 2009-12-22, 14:55   Link #505
Saintly Pineapple

So the source material goes on to stay pretty consistent with what we've seen so far?
Saintly Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 17:39   Link #506
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Overall, this season wasn't bad... the major problem beside less focus on Haruka (more of a source material issue than the anime itself) is the fanservice... Fanservice everywhere, but not on the level of more fanservice oriented shows like Kampfer, which plot and fanservice was alot worse than this.

Give some credit when it's due... this is a extremely sweet series mainly because of those Haruka and Yuuto moments. That alone is the major cause TV diabetes in 1 in 4 males... The almost kiss is the biggest and cruel running gag of the season... but I approve Haruka fanservice... It's a good mindless romance comedy, but you cannot expect much from it beyond it... thats all and certainly does not compare with Seitokai, which is a better comedy show material wise... IMO.

For that, I only can give it a 81%, a B-... The show had some strong points like music and most part animation, but content is lacking a bit underneath the fanservice. The series IMO would have done better if they took out all the unnecessary and pointless fanservice... otherwise, it would have been better. Would I watch a third season? Maybe, but from watching this, I would have low expectations... which could mean that they would do better next time? Who knows...

Never trust the name Purity in a title ever... you know what that means now... More Fanservice?!

Final Rating: 81% B-

Last edited by chikorita157; 2009-12-22 at 18:06.
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 18:07   Link #507
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, I made it to the end despite almost dropping the series a couple of times.
I didn't like this second series as much as I liked the first.

All I can say is that (especially after the bit with the bouquet) is that if there's a third series it had better damn well end on the wedding night!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 18:20   Link #508
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Yeah, if there is a third season, I'm just gonna look at reviews instead of actually watching it.

-Yuuto and Haruka will forever be on that border of platonic/romantic. I bet they will even reach that point where they will be comfortable seeing one another with undergarments on and won't be offended by it. (There is progression with that throughout the series)

-Yuuto will be the only man in the series because no one other man matters. I hated in this last episode where Haruka and Yuuto fully understood the issues with Gento, but Gento still get's crapped upon. And Gento isn't really that bad if you look at in in the long run. I think he should look at it like "Hey, my youngest daughter is kind of a spoiled brat." or "My wife is kind of crazy since she treats me like a child."

-Thanks to Mika; Hazuki, Nanami and Alice will have really no discernible personality because everyone is so damn obsessed with stalking that relationship, THAT DOESN'T MOVE ANYWHERE BECAUSE THEY KEEP STALKING THEM.

-Only girl characters will be created, but only to be a member of Yuuto's harem or to stalk said relationship.

-Even in Haruka and Yuuto elope or move to a secret island, they will never advance because everyone else in the series (except Gento) has a fetish of watching this relationship. Someone's going to pop out and ruin the moment or nature will ruin it. Even if they are on an island and about to kiss, I know a coconut is going to fall from a tree and drop on Yuuto's head.

I honestly don't want another season because I know all those things are going to happen. And even if they kiss in the final episode of that said season, I don't think I would of cared at the moment because they teased us for way too long.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 00:02   Link #509
Wrath88
Kissing...

Well, to sum this series up, it revolves about coincidences and maintaining a certain point. Now that this is done, DELETE.

It's not that bad, but neither is it worth keeping for rewatch.
Old 2009-12-23, 02:00   Link #510
Saintly Pineapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Yeah, if there is a third season, I'm just gonna look at reviews instead of actually watching it.

-Yuuto and Haruka will forever be on that border of platonic/romantic. I bet they will even reach that point where they will be comfortable seeing one another with undergarments on and won't be offended by it. (There is progression with that throughout the series)

-Yuuto will be the only man in the series because no one other man matters. I hated in this last episode where Haruka and Yuuto fully understood the issues with Gento, but Gento still get's crapped upon. And Gento isn't really that bad if you look at in in the long run. I think he should look at it like "Hey, my youngest daughter is kind of a spoiled brat." or "My wife is kind of crazy since she treats me like a child."

-Thanks to Mika; Hazuki, Nanami and Alice will have really no discernible personality because everyone is so damn obsessed with stalking that relationship, THAT DOESN'T MOVE ANYWHERE BECAUSE THEY KEEP STALKING THEM.

-Only girl characters will be created, but only to be a member of Yuuto's harem or to stalk said relationship.

-Even in Haruka and Yuuto elope or move to a secret island, they will never advance because everyone else in the series (except Gento) has a fetish of watching this relationship. Someone's going to pop out and ruin the moment or nature will ruin it. Even if they are on an island and about to kiss, I know a coconut is going to fall from a tree and drop on Yuuto's head.

I honestly don't want another season because I know all those things are going to happen. And even if they kiss in the final episode of that said season, I don't think I would of cared at the moment because they teased us for way too long.
I hope/agree with everything you said.
Saintly Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 03:16   Link #511
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I have a feeling this would get another season, if something like Kohime Musou can get one.

That said, I'm pretty disappointed in this season's Nogizaka. The first one was great (or well.... at least good) because of Nogizaka's actual secret of being a closet otaku. In this season, they barely touched upon that aspect except for a token Comiket episode. It just seemed to stray too far from what made the story happen in the first season.

Based off a galge or not, they should have thought this out better..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 12:23   Link #512
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Based off a galge or not, they should have thought this out better..
Well, just to be clear, it's not. Given that it seems much of this anime was taken straight from the light novels, I'm wondering if it might be that the original author sort of got bored with the otaku premise and decided to drift away from it. Then again, I suppose it's also possible that the anime only selected the portions of the light novels that didn't focus on that aspect since there's really no way to fit 5 novels worth of content into 12 episodes anyway. In the end, it does feel a bit like the "meandering middle" in some ways -- fun, but ultimately inconsequential for the most part -- but I expect things would return to the original premise if/when the author decides it's time to start wrapping things up. (It might be one of those cases where the author only planned the story to go on for a certain length, but when it became successful the publishers asked him to keep it going for longer even though he never really thought it'd go on that long, hence why he keeps expanding on secondary characters and stretching out the relationship between Haruka and Yuuto.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 16:28   Link #513
Irie

If it's of any value, the ED does show Haruka wearing her ring (possible engagement), kissing Yuuto and catching a wedding bouguet. Gives a little closure to the relationship.
Old 2009-12-23, 18:36   Link #514
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, just to be clear, it's not. Given that it seems much of this anime was taken straight from the light novels, I'm wondering if it might be that the original author sort of got bored with the otaku premise and decided to drift away from it. Then again, I suppose it's also possible that the anime only selected the portions of the light novels that didn't focus on that aspect since there's really no way to fit 5 novels worth of content into 12 episodes anyway. In the end, it does feel a bit like the "meandering middle" in some ways -- fun, but ultimately inconsequential for the most part -- but I expect things would return to the original premise if/when the author decides it's time to start wrapping things up. (It might be one of those cases where the author only planned the story to go on for a certain length, but when it became successful the publishers asked him to keep it going for longer even though he never really thought it'd go on that long, hence why he keeps expanding on secondary characters and stretching out the relationship between Haruka and Yuuto.)
Haha, ouch. It's even more telling if the original material didn't do a good job of it either. I remember having a few moé magazines with a Nogizaka chapter in it. I suppose the anime conversion was pretty loyal to it after all.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 20:54   Link #515
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
relentlessflame-san is back at the forums.Yay!

And I expect the answer like “I’ve always been around, and it was you who was away”.
Ok, I was stopping by this thread a millennium ago, and was even drawing some parallels with Haruka game. But then I understood I had tons of other things to do and left the show at episode 2. Then a few days ago I remembered that episode 12 should be the last one, so I made an effort to watch episodes 3 to 11 in those few days to keep up with the schedule.
I was taking screenshots while watching so I feel like sharing them with you here.

At episode 4 I couldn’t pass by the scene of Haruka “healing” Yuuto. I figured that I might try to cut out 2 minutes of this episode and replace the audio for the piece. Here’s what I got

~Purezza~ 04 - Yuuto's hard day's night
http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/gr5g6i

I also learned of a new term – a tsungire.
Upon checking google I found this definition
「ツンデレの派生語。普段はツン状態だが、本来デレ状態になるべきところでさらに理不尽な切れ 方をする」
A derivative of 'tsundere.' Under normal circumstances the switch it set in 'tsun' position. But even in situations when the switch goes to ‘dere’ mode it can suddenly go back to ‘tsun’ for an unknown reason.

Spoiler for episodes 6 to 11:

Episode 9.
Haruka passed the preliminaries. Welcome to im@s.

For those of you who don't follow the latest updates at my site I'm happy to announce that I got a Japanese Xbox 360 and now I'm heavily into im@s thing. Getting the console cost me a really huge sum of money but that was absolutely worth it. After so many years I’m finally a happy owner of a Round Box.

Episode 10 and 11

And this is the real Budokan.

Learning that Miran is actually Ruko, or Nabatame Hirome came like a revelation to me.
Honestly, it was very surprising to see how Haruka show turned into im@s. I’ve noticed somebody mentioned While Album here as a reference. Unfortunately I didn’t watch this anime so I don’t know a thing about it. But for me Miran looks very much like Iori-san, even though she's not Kugimiya. And Kugimiya here appeared as Tennoji Toka, slightly overdoing it, IMO.

Episode 12.

Gentou was very unfortunate in this episiode.

Spoilers.

入れてもらえますか
This phrase is supposed to bring a O_o expression to your face. (Because it translates to 'put it in' but Haruka actually means «May I sit close to you»)
The ending is pretty much like the 1st season, but it’s actually loses to the first one. Or let’s say that it’s very sweet and not provocative at all. Because you know back then they were about to… And here we don’t see anything like that. If I get it correctly.

Then, my personal opinion is that there's little chance for the 3rd season because otherwise the plot should be like that Shiina pushes Haruka away and steals Yuuto from her. That is, kidnaps him. Then to be independent they should go to the US, rob a bank and settle in Mexico. They could also try to rob a Japanese bank but I didn’t see a single Japanese movie about bank robberies.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 22:28   Link #516
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was...meh. The forced fanservice was bad. I mean, give me a break already.

Luckily, Haruka's parents made the episode...

Now we know where those scars came from:

And I got a really good kick out of this one:

Old 2009-12-23, 22:37   Link #517
Cyz
"Show it to me"

So they don't want to end it with a kiss but with a tease instead hm? Though they're relationship seems innocent and all, seeing them like that seems rather not quite innocent to me .

-> Love the burning fury part btw. That made me laugh
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 06:45   Link #518
JokerD

Poor Shiina, her chance will come next week... when the anime ends this week
And she's the only one sad in the epilogue..

As for the giant robot: please, under no circumstances can Akiho become the test pilot for it.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 02:12   Link #519
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Then, my personal opinion is that there's little chance for the 3rd season because otherwise the plot should be like that Shiina pushes Haruka away and steals Yuuto from her. That is, kidnaps him. Then to be independent they should go to the US, rob a bank and settle in Mexico. They could also try to rob a Japanese bank but I didn’t see a single Japanese movie about bank robberies.
Haha -- when I said that the third season would probably have to shift focuses a bit, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind!

But it does raise the question about "where do we go from here". I mean, given the sort of general feeling that this show didn't really go where a lot of people were hoping (based, it seems, on the fact that it headed where the novels went), I wonder what's next. I'm still not sure if it's the sort of show that will actually head towards a full resolution, but I'm also not sure if that means we'll get a sort of "average shounen romantic-comedy ending" (hint towards a couple but "life goes on" in a sort of perpetual "high school-dom"), or if they'll actually try to dig into issues about their future together. I think there is a lot there that they could potentially work with, but for now the author seems content to just have fun with the characters and keep them at status quo. For example, I'm sort of curious what would happen to everyone once the main crew graduates from High School. I forget now... are Haruka, Yuuto, and all second-year students? If so, I guess they're at least moving towards that in the third year, with matters of entrance exams to consider (will Haruka go to University? What about Yuuto?).

I guess ultimately, even though I didn't mind this season for what it was, I'm like a lot of people in that I'm interested in seeing what happens next. Which is why, the more I think about it, the more I hope we get another season just to see what happens after the current phase. But I guess it all depends on what the author wants to do. Time will tell...
Old 2009-12-25, 02:16   Link #520
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for last eps for s1 and s2:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen