AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-11-03, 07:02   Link #4021
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
natsu possibly has unconscious knowledge of the ability and it;s weaknesses
very possible! He sensed the magic coming and instinctively reacted to it. Could it really be a memory wipe as a previous poster has said? That Natsu really is over 80? wow!

but then this must be something that applies to ALL Dragonslayers. Gajeel also didn't get through the barrier....... so Natsu, Gajeel AND Wendy are all over 80?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 07:18   Link #4022
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Wendy's magic card confirms her age to be 12 years old while Natsu and Gajeel's were ???

Take that for what you will, though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 07:53   Link #4023
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
very possible! He sensed the magic coming and instinctively reacted to it. Could it really be a memory wipe as a previous poster has said? That Natsu really is over 80? wow!

but then this must be something that applies to ALL Dragonslayers. Gajeel also didn't get through the barrier....... so Natsu, Gajeel AND Wendy are all over 80?
I'm sticking to my idea that the DS were placed in suspended sleep so as to make sure that they make it to the time of the final battle. That they all woke up on the samedy but didn't realize how long they were sleeping and thought the dragons had all disappeared on the same day instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Wendy's magic card confirms her age to be 12 years old while Natsu and Gajeel's were ???

i remember though that she was actually asked how old she was when she first entered the guild and an answer being dodged.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 07:57   Link #4024
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And there is still Wendy's Edolas version, who is still mysteriously older than earthland Wendy even though the age of all the other characters mirror.

On the other hand, we've seen young Natsu and Wendy before, and with other characters too so we know that isn't just a different memory. Reincarnation cycle, perhaps?

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-11-03 at 12:04.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 16:38   Link #4025
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

any new chapters this week or was last week 3chp special suppose to last the readers for the whole month.
Old 2010-11-05, 22:10   Link #4026
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

I doubt Natsu is physically 80 years old. If so, he'd have wrinkles and such. It makes sense that Wendy is 12 and Natsu is what... 15? (since Lucy is 15). But something happened so that the Dragonslayers are deemed over 80. I think cyberdemon's theory isn't that far-fetched. Even Zeref only looks to be in his teens!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 22:17   Link #4027
cyberdemon

Quote:
I doubt Natsu is physically 80 years old. If so, he'd have wrinkles and such. It makes sense that Wendy is 12 and Natsu is what... 15? (since Lucy is 15). But something happened so that the Dragonslayers are deemed over 80. I think cyberdemon's theory isn't that far-fetched. Even Zeref only looks to be in his teens!
Mashima has used the sleep theory before so it's entirely possible to use it again
Old 2010-11-05, 23:04   Link #4028
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
we are talking about magic why can't natsu be 80+ yrs old?
Old 2010-11-05, 23:07   Link #4029
Krono

Quote:
Lucy is 17. Natsu's age is unknown, but he seems to be functionally treated as the same age as Gray who is 18.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 11:09   Link #4030
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
3. Erza gets the proof she needs that Geard was just a dupe.
4. Geard goes on probation and joins FT, Taking Mystgon's spot
I'm still not convinced that Jellal has actually become a good guy. Yes, he did help with the fight against Nirvana, but shortly after Natsu won his fight, he went into 'just as planned' mode

And this isn't the first time he showed an interest in Natsu, if you recall way back in chapter 23:

And since we know that Jellal's main weapon is deception, I'm pretty confident that this is the case here.

... You know what I think? I think that this new guy isn't Zeref at all. Think about it for a moment, Zeref has from the beginning been hyped as the biggest of evils, the greatest of mages, the most final of bosses, why would they fight him here and now when there are so many other plotlines that are still going to be resolved?

I think that this guy is a Dragon Slayer who can't control his power, but not Zeref himself. If I were to hand a title of the greatest of evil to someone, this guy who doesn't even want to kill is not the one I'd give it to.
Old 2010-11-06, 11:15   Link #4031
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

This Arc could very well end with the "true" personality of Zeref being revived, and thus the big bad still being intact.
Old 2010-11-06, 11:34   Link #4032
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's true, and there were those keys mentioned after the Tower arc. Maybe they'll awaken Zeref's personality, but not his full power.

Scary thought though, I mean if this guy unconsciously kills everything around him with most of his power sealed...
Old 2010-11-06, 12:36   Link #4033
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

... You know what I think? I think that this new guy isn't Zeref at all. Think about it for a moment, Zeref has from the beginning been hyped as the biggest of evils, the greatest of mages, the most final of bosses, why would they fight him here and now when there are so many other plotlines that are still going to be resolved?

I think that this guy is a Dragon Slayer who can't control his power, but not Zeref himself. If I were to hand a title of the greatest of evil to someone, this guy who doesn't even want to kill is not the one I'd give it to.
who said they will fight Zeref? this could just be the Zeref introduction arc. they will end with FT getting thrash. We won't get back to GH and Zeref till later in the storyline.
Old 2010-11-06, 14:24   Link #4034
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, fenrir pointed that out too and I agree that is a likely scenario.
Old 2010-11-06, 16:07   Link #4035
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm still not convinced that Jellal has actually become a good guy. Yes, he did help with the fight against Nirvana, but shortly after Natsu won his fight, he went into 'just as planned' mode

And this isn't the first time he showed an interest in Natsu, if you recall way back in chapter 23:

And since we know that Jellal's main weapon is deception, I'm pretty confident that this is the case here.

Maybe Zeref pulled a Lelouch from Code Geass in the past.

Spoiler for code geass ending:

He would be the perfect person to do so because of his powers and maybe he was also seeking someone able to kill him because he couldn't control them and just wanted to die.
Old 2010-11-06, 16:11   Link #4036
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Personally I just want a villain who wants to kill everything because he is evil incarnate.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 16:22   Link #4037
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Not me. I like reason to my antagonists. I've had enough of cliche "Bwahahaha! I'm going to make you all suffer, and kill puppies, 'cuz I'm EVIL!"
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 17:42   Link #4038
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lately, villains with purpose tend to turn out being fist-fed misunderstood tragic heroes trying to change the destiny of the universe, so I'd take an insane evil black mage over that...at least they keep what dignity they got.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 18:07   Link #4039
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, I agree with Kafriel. 'cause I'm evil' villains aren't much of a cliche anymore these days, it's the 'I'm misunderstood' villains that are the cliché instead. So I don't mind another Kefka or Joker, some psycho who's just so batshit insanely evil that he plans to take the entire world with him.

Right now though, the stage is ready for Zeref to be the former.
Old 2010-11-06, 18:21   Link #4040
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They're both clichés. One's just more in fashion than the other.

Really, whether it's good or not depends on the execution. I'd say crazy "for the evulz" villains are generally bad, because they're the symptom of a lazy writer. But the Dark Knight's joker, for example, was great. OTOH, you sometimes have villains whose motivation is supposedly greed - an understandable motive right there - but whose schemes wouldn't actually make them money under any circumstances.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen