AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-26, 06:58   Link #25361
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Not the best ending I ever saw, but Rosario+Vampire definitly had a better one than The World God Only Knows.
I disagree.

Rosario+Vampire's ending isn't forced but also weird and somehow disturbing. I mean, a high school boy obsessively wants to maintain his love for the mother through the daughter and finds nothing wrong with that? I like a decisive boy who has the courage to choose the girl he truly love despite it will changes his life style more.
Old 2014-04-26, 07:49   Link #25362
Legendzerox

I actually loved the ending to Rosario+Vampire. I don't find it disturbing in the least, cause the way it was approached. Not only was he still in love with Moka's mother, but he started to fall in love with Moka herself. In a sense, when
Spoiler:
Legendzerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 08:16   Link #25363
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Would you like to be in a male harem for a single girl?
Hmm.... how do I put this nicely? ...It's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:03   Link #25364
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

People need to stop calling it a harem end...

It was an open end guys.
Old 2014-04-26, 09:15   Link #25365
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Open end implies that he may get with ANY one of them in the future... Harem means he'll get two or more, which the case certainly may be.

At the very least it will be Moka, Kurumu and Mizore as his official wives. It also helps that the girls are friends as well so the situation between Akasha and Gyokuro can be avoided.
Old 2014-04-26, 11:05   Link #25366
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Open end implies that he may get with ANY one of them in the future... Harem means he'll get two or more, which the case certainly may be.

At the very least it will be Moka, Kurumu and Mizore as his official wives. It also helps that the girls are friends as well so the situation between Akasha and Gyokuro can be avoided.
It won't be at very least Moka, Kurumu and Mizore.

It's at very least Moka.

Kurumu and Mizore are wild cards, nothing makes their relationship with Tsukune inevitably romantic.
Old 2014-04-26, 12:28   Link #25367
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Aren't harem endings like open endings most of the time? A true harem ending would be when the male protagonist chooses to commit to the whole harem but how many series end on such a note. I'm sure someone will come up with one or two but usually when people talk about a harem ending it's just an unsolved status quo.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 16:16   Link #25368
Death Usagi
Banned

I want to see a time skip where it shows everyone's children start attending the Youkai Academy ;w;
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:55   Link #25369
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I want to see a time skip where it shows everyone's children start attending the Youkai Academy ;w;
Same, that is what I was kinda hoping for.

Or for them to be the new teachers and staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Aren't harem endings like open endings most of the time? A true harem ending would be when the male protagonist chooses to commit to the whole harem but how many series end on such a note. I'm sure someone will come up with one or two but usually when people talk about a harem ending it's just an unsolved status quo.
This is what I hate about any manga that has more than one protagonist.

Any uncertain, AKA Open Ending can be viewed as a Harem end, or SP end.

Its just a frustration of an ending because although it allows people's fanon's to be free and run wild, people have a nasty habit to act as if that is canon.
Old 2014-04-26, 20:55   Link #25370
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Hmm.... how do I put this nicely? ...It's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.
Read that and saw your sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
What if Ikeda's next work in the same universe and a panel or two of Tsukune and his many wives Something like Suzuka>Kimimachi>Fuuka
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 00:51   Link #25371
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Its wasn't forced.
I think it is.

Here we have the Outer Moka persona essentially taking over the real Moka's character. While it's true having the two personalities slowly merge into one was an obvious conclusion earlier in the series, the Alucard arc gave it an entirely different meaning.
With Outer Moka revealed to be Akasha's personality, the implications of having her fuse with the real Moka's personality becomes a little disturbing. Moka is being taken over by a persona modeled after her mother, and everyone is fine with that... just because they're used to that version of "Moka"?

And then there's the plothole surrounding Issa. He's supposed to be on par with the three Dark Lords and we're supposed to believe he got captured with no way of breaking free? And even if we humor that notion, why couldn't the headmaster or anyone discover where he was imprisoned and at least try setting him free so he can help in the battle against Alucard? I'm pretty sure his whereabouts were a big question when his imposter appeared.

It's pretty obvious this ending doesn't match what was established in the final arc, but Ikeda just wanted to return the supernatural romcom the series was known for early on before the big Fairy Tail mess.

For the record, I don't really blame him. I enjoyed this chapter, and I think it shows how much the Fairy Tail/Alucard arc was more out place with the overall tone of the series than this final chapter.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:45   Link #25372
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I expected more from the epilgue in terms of time skip to the far future, but it was good to see everyone back at school and returned to the hijinks of old. I think that was Ikeda's goal, to return to how things were way back when.

Shame the series ended so abruptly, but that's the manga business. I'll be buying the remainder of the series.
Old 2014-05-01, 21:18   Link #25373
GrimJack

word on the street is Ikeda sensei will start anew series in september presumably in Jump Square
Old 2014-05-01, 21:24   Link #25374
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
word on the street is Ikeda sensei will start anew series in september presumably in Jump Square
wow that was fast, what if this new series is the reason behind that somewhat rushed ending.
Old 2014-05-02, 01:17   Link #25375
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnnn....

....Hnnn....

What is THIS!? My Tsundere Moka is gone forever!? What fiendish troll logic is at work here!? Why can't the two souls manifest in a mother daughter dynamic rather than a literal merging...?

And Vampire Jesus aka Issa... totally ruined my impressions of him from the flashback! He's such a goofball! And never mind that he almost got ntr'ed... But being a polygamist, he might be more open to the fact that his wife had 'happy memories' of his soon-to-be son-in-law.

Can't blame Tsukune for it though... Akasha is Akasha.

Anyway, sad to see this enjoyable ride come to an end, especially like this. Overall, chapter was kinda '...meh' but hey, doesn't detract from the overall tone for me.
She is still a tsundere she just changed from a type A tsundere to a type B tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendzerox View Post
I actually loved the ending to Rosario+Vampire. I don't find it disturbing in the least, cause the way it was approached. Not only was he still in love with Moka's mother, but he started to fall in love with Moka herself. In a sense, when
Spoiler:
Outer Moka and her mother didn't merge nor were they ever the same being. Outer Moka was originally just a clone of Akasha that was bound to the Rosario, not Akasha herself. However she grew in her own way essentially developing and gaining a true soul of her own and becoming her own person. Only her memories passed on to Akasha when the rosario came in contact with Alucard as a means to awaken Akasha from within. The soul remained behind in Moka's body though dormant due to he destruction of the rosario and is starting to merge with inner Moka who is taking on more and more of outer moka's traits. They are doing what Tsukune wanted all along, merging into a single being.

Basically just simple copies of outer's memories went to Akasha to wake her up while the soul remained with inner Moka allowing them to merge.
Old 2014-05-02, 03:04   Link #25376
Tenzen12

I realy hate these merge plot, in better cast it means one character is made dissapear on account second, in worse case it means author get rid BOTH of them and replace with random new one, who is neither.

Anyway even if some author belive in it, It's impossible eat cake and still have it.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 10:45   Link #25377
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I don't know wether to be excited or ecstatic.
Old 2014-05-02, 16:26   Link #25378
chrono25

I dont know for sure but there might be a part three or more extra chapters to add for a third year
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 08:26   Link #25379
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
wow that was fast, what if this new series is the reason behind that somewhat rushed ending.
The higher ups were probably like "this is getting old and we need money. kill what he has and have him make something new." It's really all about the money.
Old 2014-05-05, 01:55   Link #25380
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The higher ups were probably like "this is getting old and we need money. kill what he has and have him make something new." It's really all about the money.
I doubt it was purely about greed, either Ikeda got tired of the story and decided to end it in one badly rushed conclusion, or it could've been the lukewarm response to the Rescue Moka arc. Either way, I'm also disappointed he ended the series as he did, even worse he created a loophole so Omote wouldn't have to die. Now that's a real shame, I truly expected better of him. Hopefully his new series doesn't follow the same fate.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire