AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 04:31   Link #37461
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What do you mean with that?
Old 2012-10-09, 04:43   Link #37462
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sort of like, instead of ignition boost, Byakushiki would get multiple sets of boosters. It's mostly rule of cool, but in terms of practicality, it's for Ichika to slowly master the speed. The first set is the basic which already outclasses 1st shift. Then as he progresses in control and the current booster set can't handle anymore, the next set becomes accessible. Kind of like that I guess.

I wanted something that could replace Setsuna, but I'm not even sure if I want to completely get rid of Setsuna.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 05:22   Link #37463
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
StratoSpear, I'm wondering...

Can you see the "Physical" Damage on the Minerva's energy shield?

As in, can you visibly see the damage inflicted on it?
Not exactly, it only becomes visible upon impact then becomes invisble again.
Sorta like the I-Field:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Stratos
Whoa, that's epic one. At least for me.
Thanks

I try to make the Self-Defense Forces as competent as I could since they may be appearing again in future chapters. Honestly I still don't get why in most animes, the military doesn't mobilize even when faced with an imminent apocalypse...
Old 2012-10-09, 05:34   Link #37464
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
I keep losing track about your tech, so in a nutshell I think it was good. Some say redundant/waste of space but considering it's a G4 prototype, nah.

@ Stratos
Either that or they simply wiped out easily by mecha/monster/etc. Because most viewer want mecha/monster/etc blowing stuff up instead of getting curbstomped by competent military.

Robot Alchemic Drive teach me that when outclassed, pour some money and get better hardware= victory, even if the 50-meter robot get the biggest kill, they get as much credit as they deserve.

@ old man
Thanks for the rec, the book rocks!

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-10-09 at 05:48.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 06:04   Link #37465
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sorry but I have a tendency to not be happy with my work and keep redoing it.

The tiered booster system is only one of the concepts considered. The first was the system that improves the pilot's physical ability, which would simulate Setsuna but on a level that won't kill Ichika.

The only problem with the sword, claw, shield that replaces Setsura is that it lacks a keep mode.
Old 2012-10-09, 06:39   Link #37466
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Now I need for everyone's callsign (once again refer to sig), can anyone give me suggestion?
Old 2012-10-09, 22:00   Link #37467
DarkJak2050

We got a crossover!

Infinite-Stratos rise of vengance (Crossover with Ghost Rider)

StratoSpear, did you get my message?

And about the Minerva, does it have gauges to indicate the status of it's energy shield? As well as it's other components? (weapons, thrusters, ect.)

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2012-10-10 at 00:30.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 02:58   Link #37468
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh God... eras won't be happy but here goes.

Bunny drop!

crossover idea: ISxSMT: DS
Spoiler for premise:

Spoiler for synopsis:

Spoiler for plot:

Spoiler for COMP:

Spoiler for factions:

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-10-10 at 04:03.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:42   Link #37469
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Gawdammit. Had Sweet and Sour Pork for lunch today and this story just popped out of my head. Dammit.

Quote:
The kitchen had the yellowed-white of buildings built in the Great Leap forward, having served six generations of Chinese, soldiers, civilians, scientists and more. It was like a great hall made for many but only two people were within.

On the one counter, all was quiet as the young man took a spoonful of food into his mouth. Just a hint of sweetness and a slightly sour spice, covering a sliver of crispy pork and white rice.

In front of him was a small girl, waiting on his response.

"So?" The girl asked.

"Okay. It's good."

"And SO?" The girl asked again, visibly annoyed.

"What do you want me to say? It's good."

"Cu," There was a curling of lips that was easily more than a frown, eyes narrowing. "I want your honest opinion as a male, that's all!"

"Yes Ma'am." Cu mock-saluted, then took a deep breath as he rendered the response in chinese style prose:

"The Sweet and Sour Pork is crisp and tangy,
The white rice like clouds
As with the truth discovered by Lao-Tze,
A man can taste--"

A loud WHACK stopped his exaggeration. Cu then realized that wooden ladles were quite painful when applied to your head, regardless the size of girl wielding it.

"Just tell me it needs improvement!" the girl growled, her twin ponytails almost straightening out in fury.

"Representative Fan? I'm a technician, not a taste-tester." Cu frowned, then dug into another serving of the meal. "Is it that important? I said it was good."

"Good, but not special." Fan Lingyin the ponytailed girl, pulled off the messy apron. She originally promised Cu a free meal, on condition that he would give his honest opinion of her cooking. He was one of the few young men on the project that wasn't a high-ranked Party member or a snivelling yes-man. A deep breath compsed her features. "It's not like I had a choice."

Cu stopped. "Food doesn't have to be special to impress somebody."

A cough. "Wh-Who said I was trying to impress somebody?!"

"Women shouldn't underestimate men." Cu finished off the meal. "Thanks for the meal. From now on, I can't think of Sweet and Sour Pork without thinking of you."

For a second, Lingyin wondered whether she was being mocked.

A few seconds more, and she realized Cu was staring at her intently.

"What?" Fan curtly asked. "I'm not cooking another meal just so you cna laugh at me."

"Who's laughing?" Cu said with a matter-of-fact tone. "You're trying to get the attention of a boy, right?"

Lingyin refused to answer, which was answer enough for Cu.

"Like a flower waiting for the bee,
A young lass asks many an approval,
but waits only for the one---"

"Shut up!" Fan slammed her palms on the countertop in rage, but the blush was undeniable. The knowing smirk Cu infuriated her all the more. "I cooked you a meal, be happy with just that!"

"What if I'm not happy with 'just that'?"

"Then you'll have to be enjoy the pain." Lingyin threateningly brought her face close to his, growling. "So, what will you do now, technician Cu?"

"Then maybe," Cu responded by bringing his lips dangerously close to hers. "I should try making your boy jealous."

"Guah." It wasn't a word, not quite a gasp of surprise. Lingyin then realized she was but a half-inch away from kissing this young man she barely knew. Her heart started skipping beats, twice--then quarter time. Blinking, Fan realized it was her own fault---calling Cu out to the kitchen alone, and now confronting him directly. "C--Cu."

He smiled. "Sorry. I like my girls to have more 'surface area' up front."

Lingyin half-sputtered something that wasn't in Japanese or Chinese, yet needed no translation. Cu chortled as he bolted out the door, woks and other kitchen implements chasing him out.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 04:04   Link #37470
demino_hellsin
That one guy

smooth...
Old 2012-10-10, 04:19   Link #37471
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And the old man strikes again.

Man, Area 88 and Yukikaze rocks, so much that I was distracted from .... err, literature study.

All the wide sky
Was there to tempt him as he steered toward heaven,
Meanwhile the heat of sun struck at his back
And where his wings were joined, sweet-smelling, fluid
Ran hot that once was wax.

--Ovid, Metamorphoses, translated by Horace Gregory
Old 2012-10-10, 04:31   Link #37472
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*shrug* so we're doing poetry now?
Old 2012-10-10, 04:35   Link #37473
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Poem of Icarus, it's fic related (sort of) since I'm talking about aviation.

I'm still writing the draft with same bland style, hopefully reading the novels recced by Hawke will improve it.
Old 2012-10-10, 05:30   Link #37474
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

StratoSpear, did you get my message?

And about the Minerva, does it have gauges to indicate the status of it's energy shield? As well as it's other components? (weapons, thrusters, ect.)
Aye, but I ain't got any ideas yet. Haven't read much too...

As for the gauges, yes. Yes it does display the gauges on the visor display inside the Minerva's helmet.
Old 2012-10-10, 06:32   Link #37475
EagleBlue

Quote:
Now I need for everyone's callsign (once again refer to sig), can anyone give me suggestion?
You could use the names of their IS as callsigns. Maybe shorten a few of them though.

Ichika - Byakushiki or Mobius
Houki - Akatsubaki or Camellia
Cecilia - Blue Tears or Starlight
Rin - Shenlong
Charlotte - Raphael or Revive
Laura - Regen or Valkyrie

If you need more just ask.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 06:47   Link #37476
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, Ichika Is Mobius 1 by default. And thanks for the idea.

I'm trying to subvert Ichika being a flying god war as well in that his entrance seems subtle most of the time, but when he kick ass, he kick some of the hardest one, then it got worse when his sisters joined the fray...

"I haven't seen the sky so crowded since B7R"
- Chifuyu 'Cipher' Orimura, in 'Shattered Skies'
Old 2012-10-10, 07:00   Link #37477
EagleBlue

Quote:
Well, Ichika Is Mobius 1 by default. And thanks for the idea.

I'm trying to subvert Ichika being a flying god war as well in that his entrance seems subtle most of the time, but when he kick ass, he kick some of the hardest one, then it got worse when his sisters joined the fray...

"I haven't seen the sky so crowded since B7R"
- Chifuyu 'Cipher' Orimura, in 'Shattered Skies'
Some more ideas.

Tatenashi - Lady or Mist
Madoka - Zephyrs, Silent or Doppelganger
Maya - Glasses, Sensei
Chelsea - Crown, Noble
Natasha - Sliver, Gospel or Bell
Autumn - Arachne
Dan - Erster
Ran - Niigata
Kazuma - Going to need some more info.
Old 2012-10-10, 07:09   Link #37478
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Too bad no info on Kazuma, he is basically one character mentioned and never seen in canon. He is listed simply that I need any male EXIST in canon.

BTW, does ISAF actually has distinct Navy or not? In canon, Mobius first departure is from a carrier and is using marine F-4C Phantom II, I'm a bit murky on the detail.
Old 2012-10-10, 07:15   Link #37479
EagleBlue

Quote:
Too bad no info on Kazuma, he is basically one character mentioned and never seen in canon. He exist simply that I need any male EXIST in canon.

BTW, does ISAF actually has distinct Navy or not? In canon, Mobius first departure is from a carrier and is using marine F-4C Phantom II, I'm a bit murky on the detail.
Hmm, how about Fiction, Legend or Writer?

Yes, the ISAF has a distinct navy. Not entirely sure what composes it unfortunately.
Old 2012-10-10, 07:18   Link #37480
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Gawdammit. Had Sweet and Sour Pork for lunch today and this story just popped out of my head. Dammit.
Somebody fund this.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest