AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-17, 14:28   Link #1
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

-WarFrame-

Sick Ninja Alien Race? check!, Sick Combat? Check!, Free?! CHECK!

Check it out, its in beta right now tho but I'm having a blast.
Old 2013-04-17, 17:45   Link #2
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I've been keeping this on my radar while I was browsing through MMOHUT. I've been curious to play because it seems so fun just reading it alone. Where you more or less have no PvP in the game, but it focuses on the PvE aspect with cooperation with others (you can play solo) that can produce outstanding results. I'll give it a shot now since Star Wars: The Old Republic takes forever for me to download.
Old 2013-04-18, 13:08   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I was thinking of making a thread for this myself but just never bothered

It's pretty good fun if your into this type of action game.
The pure focus on PvE is pretty good imo, not sure PvP would work here but fact I don't have to put up with "elite" noobs makes me happy

You can either play it solo or party up with 3 others and just run missions killing s***.
It's quite the blast really, however it lacks content in way. There isn't a great deal to it atm but I can see it expanding over time.

There is a grind to it, like if your wanting a certain frame or weapon, you have to farm a boss or whatever in the hopes a blueprint is dropped and then you have to acquire materials for crafting.
But it's not that bad I find, mats can be easy enough just the blueprints might take awhile.

I use the Trinity frame atm which is supposed to be a healer but honestly I'm not really healing much atm

Oh and when your changing colours of your frames or weapons press escape after you have selected them, they don't actually have a confirm button for confirming your colours, which is frankly stupid.
You'll probably see other small stuff like that on the menus which aren't greatly thought out.
Old 2013-04-18, 13:13   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Sick Ninja Alien Race? check!, Sick Combat? Check!, Free?! CHECK!
Anything singleplayer?
Old 2013-04-18, 16:05   Link #5
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Jeez is this game fast-paced. I also like how you can squad up with people, although I wish they would explain the controls a little more.
Old 2013-04-18, 16:15   Link #6
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Jeez is this game fast-paced. I also like how you can squad up with people, although I wish they would explain the controls a little more.
lol yea they really don't explian much in the tut, had to ask my friend what most of the controls are.
However they put up a key bindings on the wiki so it's all good now.

@felix you can just select solo which will be only yourself and no one will join but gotta be careful some of the missions can be pretty tough solo especially the infested or defend ones.
Old 2013-04-18, 16:21   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
@felix you can just select solo which will be only yourself and no one will join but gotta be careful some of the missions can be pretty tough solo especially the infested or defend ones.
Ic, thanks will give it a go, though fps ain't really my thing.
Old 2013-04-18, 16:26   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Ic, thanks will give it a go, though fps ain't really my thing.
Oh it's not FPS, it's 3rd person action, you'll be wall running all day
Old 2013-04-18, 17:25   Link #9
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I've played it for about 25 hours so far and I enjoy it. Though the game is starting to lose it's attraction for me. It's just too repetitive for my taste. But if you don't mind running the same three levels with pretty much the same gear over and over again, this is great.
Old 2013-04-18, 18:24   Link #10
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh it's not FPS, it's 3rd person action, you'll be wall running all day
Tried just now, I like to call these 3rd person FPS since you can't don't really have camera control and your field of vision is very narrow. It's basically like you take a FPS and instead of seing a weapon model you see a character model.

Was pretty fun, though can't find the solo option, aparently double clicking auto-joins or something. Had a little lag but was running a ton of crap in the background when playing so not sure if me or the game.
Old 2013-04-18, 19:03   Link #11
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Click the "Online" blue button and it will give you the options "Online, Private, Solo"
Old 2013-04-18, 21:44   Link #12
KBTKaiser

*Tries to hide his top-tier founder status...and then remembers that his name is written in the stages, literally*
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:51   Link #13
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I got the Founder package with the suit only, Wanted to support but not that much XD
Old 2013-05-01, 10:49   Link #14
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Open beta is out! My first impression - fucking awesome! The graphics are really good and the controls feel smooth.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 16:30   Link #15
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've been playing on and off for a while (still only an initiate though) and it seems quite good so far if a little samey but they're adding new stuff all the time so that should improve a bit in time.

My main gripe is that the shop is too expensive and most lower teir weapons will set you back 150 platinum points (£6.99) which isn't really a "micro-translation" and although you can buy some with in-game credits it takes a stupidly long time.

Still its pretty fun and looks great so thats nit-picking I suppose.

My handle is DrakeUK if anyone fancies some co-op shenanigans.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 08:01   Link #16
KBTKaiser

Most people aren't complaining about the time it takes to build, for the most part, considering it means that you literally have access to more or less 98% of the game's content through crafting, 70% of it being market blueprints or straight up purchases, 20% being boss drops, and the last 8% being blueprints earned emergency missions.

Besides, you want to complain about time issues? People point you to EVE Online and its skill upgrades. 3 days for a single warframe(and half a day for each of the 3 components, and the foundry can do multiple projects at once) is apparently paltry.

As for money issues, the devs are still working on that curve, but higher missions do pay out better as of the last few hotfix patches.

Sidenote: All items bought with Platinum come supplied with Orokin Reactors/Catalysts. It's a convenience thing.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 10:01   Link #17
freshoutofthepan

Been playing Warframe for a while now, but my first impression was: It's (almost) just like the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer! (Though there's plenty of differences here and there)

Many interesting things you can do with the amount of freedom of movement they give you, but you have to play around a bit or search the wiki for various acrobatics or attacks you can do. I'm quite liking the mod system; it can turn a low tier Braton into a damn awesome gun! Which is why I'm fine with the weapon pricing, since the focus is more on the mods and you just buy a gun which suits your playstyle. Been trying to get my damn serration mod up to level 6 but the amount you need to fuse is just ridiculous!

It gets kind of repetitive though, and I swear I had to kill the same boss more than 20 times just to get a blueprint. Be nice if they could increase the drop rates by just a little...
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 07:59   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh good there's a thread already Seeing as how F2P is in all the rage these days, I figure why not pick one up and give it a spin? Warframe doesn't seem to be as big as say WoT or Planetside 2 so it doesn't hurt my hipster status

Wanted to start with Volt but they replaced him with Mag, so I went with Loki because... It's called Loki damnit. Starts out pretty slow though, definitely a game that is more fun with coop... The acrobatics and slides reminds me of [Vanquish] so that's always a plus. The lack of a cover system helps emphasize more on movement.

Gunplay is solid enough, melee lacks 'impact' though and is more...Floaty. Haven't used enough of the abilities to make a judgement.

Combat is fast, progression is decent, but the pay off is SLOW.... Maybe it's just for the starting levels, but it doesn't feel 'reward' at all each time I complete a mission. The loots are either lackluster, or I just can't use them yet.

Would be interesting to play this on the PS4... I'm too used to controllers that the keyboard feels awkward to me now ^^
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 16:37   Link #19
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Most people aren't complaining about the time it takes to build, for the most part, considering it means that you literally have access to more or less 98% of the game's content through crafting, 70% of it being market blueprints or straight up purchases, 20% being boss drops, and the last 8% being blueprints earned emergency missions.

Besides, you want to complain about time issues? People point you to EVE Online and its skill upgrades. 3 days for a single warframe(and half a day for each of the 3 components, and the foundry can do multiple projects at once) is apparently paltry.

As for money issues, the devs are still working on that curve, but higher missions do pay out better as of the last few hotfix patches.

Sidenote: All items bought with Platinum come supplied with Orokin Reactors/Catalysts. It's a convenience thing.
I never seen this when it was first was posted but since this topic has resurfaced let me clarify, my gripe was not just with the actual build time but the time it takes to procure both the blue prints and the resources required to then build them.

Weapons aren't so bad but frame can take an age.

I've been working on getting an Ember frame and so far I've played the same boss mission several times a day for almost 3 weeks and I still have yet to obtain all the blueprints I need for the separate parts required to build it since I keep getting the same blueprints I already have or none at all from the boss drop.

Once I do have them all I would then need to find all the ingredients required to build each part which themselves are often hard to come by.

Add to that unless I've accumulated a significant amount of credits I may have to build the pieces separately which takes 12 hours each and then once I have all of the components it would take a further 3 days to put it all together.

Given how Warframe has a more quick fix game-play style compared to EVE its a little daunting for a casual player like myself.

That said its just a personal gripe and I'm still playing.

Chaos2Frozen the melee weapons vary greatly and although the starting sword lacks any kick (since it only hits a single enemy at a time) some of the bigger and more exotic weapons are a blast, I've used Gram for quite a while and its pretty devastating to groups of enemies especially its ground slam and charged attack.

I also picked up the glaive recently and although its melee attacks are stupidly weak its charge attack throws it like a boomerang which bounces off walls and is often a one hit kill on equal leveled enemies.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 18:44   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah after I posted that last night, I went to take a look at some youtube videos and wiki the melee weapons. I take back what I've said- there is more to the melee system than I had originally thought from playing. But I still don't like the lack of 'feedback' I get from slashing targets since the attacks just goes through them- oh well, a minor gripe.

But I do agree with you in one thing- the reward system here is painfully slow. I wish they didn't bank on a crafting system for everything- it discourages experimentations.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja