AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-05, 19:31   Link #441
karumofin

hm i dont know, the episode was alright, but im still not happy.
michiko is portrayed as such a passive characers, its really rare you actually see her do something, shes always saved by someone, or saved by luck, or she messes up... the only time we saw her kick some butt was when she was beating up some weak losers a few episodes ago.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 19:47   Link #442
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
michiko is portrayed as such a passive characers, its really rare you actually see her do something, shes always saved by someone, or saved by luck, or she messes up... the only time we saw her kick some butt was when she was beating up some weak losers a few episodes ago.
She might be this way because she was horrible abused or because she's only nine years old.
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 20:46   Link #443
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelXenon View Post
She might be this way because she was horrible abused or because she's only nine years old.
He was talking about Michiko, not Hatchin...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 19:56   Link #444
Kiavik

Quote:
Somebody is forgetting about the final scenes of episode 2 and 6. And 10.
Kiavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 00:30   Link #445
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
He was talking about Michiko, not Hatchin...

I misread it then.
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 20:36   Link #446
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Episode 15 was extremely average... No development at all of characters or setting. And there seemed to be some parts where the quality of the animation dropped suddenly. I'd really like to like this series, but at the moment I'm only following it for completion's sake.

And the animated Volkswagen Beetles.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 21:06   Link #447
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Episode 15 was extremely average... No development at all of characters or setting. And there seemed to be some parts where the quality of the animation dropped suddenly. I'd really like to like this series, but at the moment I'm only following it for completion's sake.

Episode 15 had really nice music though.
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 22:08   Link #448
Kiavik

On the contrary, I thought this episode developed Hatchin a lot. In one episode she learnt about love and its loss, and I think it was handled in a very cute way. Too bad she realized her feelings when it was too late. On a side note, I seem to have missed something... didnt episode 14 end with the old guy capturing Michiko? What happened? Did he just let her go because he didnt kill her with one bullet? I'm kinda confused. Double episode this week though, woo-hoo!
Old 2009-02-11, 02:50   Link #449
signorRossi

This episode was rather good IMO, one of the best of the slower ones. Episode 13 was below average (and what have pyramids to do in Brazil, WTF?)
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 11:29   Link #450
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

I rewatched the ep and I now feel that the Michiko-Hatchin relationship was shown to grow a bit in this ep. Whereas in earlier episodes, Hatchin was quite ineffective in defending herself from Michiko's temper, this time there was some give and take in that respect.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-11, 16:24   Link #451
v1cious

i just heard 16 AND 17 came on this morning. they must be hurrying to finish this up.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 17:52   Link #452
Kiavik

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
i just heard 16 AND 17 came on this morning. they must be hurrying to finish this up.
Well IIRC they pre-empted it many times too...
Old 2009-02-11, 18:43   Link #453
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post

im inclined to agree.
overall i must say that unfortunately it seems the first episode of the series was very indicative of where this was going after all.
Old 2009-02-14, 20:20   Link #454
yurifan

This anime should be more famous, it's so good though. But I though it's not some goods that teenies like to watch. Usually they do like echi more than such realistic anime.
yurifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 10:47   Link #455
karumofin

episode 17 was finally an excellent one again and i liked 16 for its grownup characters.
Old 2009-02-23, 00:05   Link #456
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

16 and 17 were good compared to 15, but 18 trumps all of them, Atsuko's getting quite interesting, and Hatchin is showing the strength of her character more and more recently.
Old 2009-02-23, 09:41   Link #457
karumofin

18 is pretty much what more of the series should have been like. the series is 20 episodes right? considering this is one of the last eps, im a bit disapointed. they only just reached the point where you can consider them a team...
Old 2009-02-24, 00:17   Link #458
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon
Seiyuu sound great, but hatchin sounds too old
I do hope that the voice actresses can protray them well since I read somewhere that they are live action/drama actresses.
Okay, I'm coming to this thread late, which is why I'm going waaaaaay back to such an old post, but somehow the start of this series got past me. Apologies if this ground has been covered before - I looked through the thread but didn't see it.

Hatchin is played by Ohgo Suzuka, who is one of Japan's best up-and-coming young actresses. She was in Memoirs of a Geisha, playing the younger version of Chiyo, Zhang Ziyi's character. One of the best-known scenes from the movie is of her running through all the torii gates after the first time she met "The Chairman." She also won a Japanese Television Drama Academy Award for playing Niko aka "Sexy Voice" in the live-action version of Sexy Voice and Robo.

And she's only 15-1/2, so I'm really amused by all these complaints that she sounds too old.

Maki Yoko, who plays Michiko, has a pretty impressive drama resume, too. I wonder how these two decided to give anime a try, and how they got hooked up with this project. It's quite a feat.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 19:07   Link #459
Maciste

Quote:
18 is pretty much what more of the series should have been like. the series is 20 episodes right? considering this is one of the last eps, im a bit disapointed. they only just reached the point where you can consider them a team...
22 episodes
Maciste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 17:08   Link #460
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Very instense episode this week not sure if next week is the last episode but the show really picked up on the action.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote