Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-13, 21:58   Link #1
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Anime/Manga like Saver

I recently tried out Saver mostly because of a really good review, and I LOVED it. Lena/Ley was 'omgah!' amazing and cool and awesome, and the men were all very, very, very hot. So I've been trying to find things that are similar to this, but it's not easy. >_>; So far I've got Red River and Basara on my 'to-read' list, but I don't know if the female leads are going to be anything as cool as Lena. Suggest please. ^-^
Old 2011-02-13, 23:06   Link #2
Naiwen

Welll, there's always Ouran High School host club, female lead very strong, tomboyish. Red river is so freaking good! The genre you're looking for is reverse harem where there's lost of bishies. Also you might like:
La corda d'oro.
Old 2011-02-13, 23:17   Link #3
jedinat

If you're looking for a girl-transported-to-fantasy-world shoujo manga, Kanata Kara is the best one. Female lead isn't particularly kick-ass, but she is likable.

Though not shoujo, Juuni Kokuki is a great anime with the same sort of plot. In this case the girl undergoes something of a transformation... from wimpy and annoying to extremely formidable.
Old 2011-02-16, 04:46   Link #4
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Ouran and La Corda are much too shoujo for what I'm looking for, sorry. ^^; They're really more romcom than strong fem lead in the midst of battles. I have tried Kanata Kara, and thought she was strong enough. XD Just not physically, more mentally. I shall give Juuni Kokuki a try.
Old 2011-02-16, 17:19   Link #5
Reclun
Lithium Flower

I've finished both Red River and Basara and while I did like the stories, the girls were rather...lacking. Too much crying and all that. Really, they tear up at every little thing. >_> And while Sarasa/Tatara was a bit more believable than forever-lucky, somehow-amazingly-talented Yuri, the waterworks were annoying. I'm trying Juuni Kokuki now, but would like some more anime or manga that deal in this theme. ^^ (Oh, but not Fushigi Yuugi, I've read that already.)