AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-19, 07:10   Link #61
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Actually I have a lot of troubles myself while trying to keep track of all the various DN passages (I think I lost what were going on with them around episode 27-28), so I think it would be indeed a good idea.

What I'm wondering though, is if it can generate some discussion (that would be the purpose of a thread, after all). From your post I assume you're going to compile a post when you sum up the various DN ownership, specifying for each case which is the Death Note who's the former owner (shinigami) and who's the user (human). That would be the thread's start (correct me if I am wrong).
Which kind of replies could it have? Since I don't see many of them, perhaps posting in Q&A would be the best option.

I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter. (and also that of another mod confident with Death Note, if he happens to read )
Like I said, I'm fine with it being in the Q&A thread. Though ideally I would prefer it to be a separate thread. Maybe I'll try to gauge interest in the Spoilers thread and see what they think.
Old 2007-05-19, 12:25   Link #62
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Like I said, I'm fine with it being in the Q&A thread. Though ideally I would prefer it to be a separate thread. Maybe I'll try to gauge interest in the Spoilers thread and see what they think.
I also like the idea of a thread more. Because (at least from my point of view) it could be the place for questions about the facts stated.

So, go ahead creating (here) an introductory post for it and I'll move it into a new thread.
My only recommandation would be to keep manga spoilers from future events out of it. Only events already happened, or on par with the anime. It can be updated if needed.

Finally, if it's a long piece that you have to write, you can split your explanations in more than one post. As long as it's comfortable with you.
Old 2007-05-20, 11:34   Link #63
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Aye, thanks for giving the green light. Though it's been quite busy for me lately, so do not be surprised that it might take me a week to actually get to writing something, but it won't be longer than that, rest assured. I'll send you a PM once I'm done.
Old 2007-05-25, 15:13   Link #64
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

How about a discussion thread on who's the smartest character in Death Note.
Personally I don't think it's Light, since his smarts seems more related to dumb luck in some episodes.
Old 2007-05-25, 15:17   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
How about a discussion thread on who's the smartest character in Death Note.
Personally I don't think it's Light, since his smarts seems more related to dumb luck in some episodes.
Thats a pointless thread if you think about it --- it can be talked about in the episode threads.
Old 2007-05-26, 13:17   Link #66
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

O.o
*thinks about it*
Mmm.. yeah~
Old 2007-06-08, 05:30   Link #67
kazune-kun

How about a poll/thread titled Favorite Death Note Character?
I dont know if thats useless or not
Old 2007-06-08, 07:21   Link #68
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazune-kun View Post
How about a poll/thread titled Favorite Death Note Character?
I dont know if thats useless or not
?

We've had two so far. One is currently ongoing

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47162

And one was closed (time goes by, characters change..)

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=41912

If you mean a poll with all the most significant character of the series, it'll be created once the series is over.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:56   Link #69
kazune-kun

Oh I didnt see that. Thanks
Old 2007-06-19, 15:10   Link #70
Animaniac: DN Guy
Stick a Sock in it!

Send a message via MSN to Animaniac: DN Guy
Hmm......

"What do you think L's name really was?"
Old 2007-06-19, 15:13   Link #71
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaniac: DN Guy View Post
Hmm......

"What do you think L's name really was?"
Oh yeah sure. It would be great to have a thread where people can type in a single random name and then several filler characters to bring their posts up to 10 characters. Yeah, we really need that!!

[/sarcasm]

Thanks for the idea, but we'll pass. We prefer to create threads where there is a stronger possibility of on-topic discussion. We're at the very end of the show now and most random threads that should be made have already been made. At this point the only threads waiting to be made are threads that relate to these last few episodes.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-21, 08:25   Link #72
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
What's your favourite Death Note arc? and/or What's your least favourite Death Note arc?

The anime is all but finished, there aren't any remaining new story arcs that could spoil anime-only viewers. I'd be interested to see the poll results.
Old 2007-06-21, 09:08   Link #73
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post

What's your favourite Death Note arc?
Sound interesting, I suppose it could be done. Could you provide a list of the arcs (titles) and the episodes where they run?

However, it won't be created until the end of the series.
Old 2007-06-21, 10:08   Link #74
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Introduction: 1-3 (Raye Penbar does come into the story *somewhat* during 3)
Raye Penbar: 4-7
Suspicion: 8-10
The Second Kira: 11-15
Restraint: 16-17 (The Yotsuba arc came into the story towards the end of 17)
Yotsuba: 18-23
Silence: 24-26 (the start of 24 ends the Yotsuba story, the end of 26 starts part 2 of DN >_<)

I'm struggling to structure 27-37 into arcs, the story moved much faster than the manga at this stage. It might be easier to list the amount of manga chapters used instead?
Old 2007-06-21, 13:32   Link #75
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
I'm struggling to structure 27-37 into arcs, the story moved much faster than the manga at this stage. It might be easier to list the amount of manga chapters used instead?
No, please keep the division related to anime only. If someone wants to help Maes Hughes, he's welcome to do so

I'd also appreciate if someone could write 1-2 lines of description for each arc (not too spoilerish, just a brief synopsis). The purpose is to include them on the first post of the poll, to help people choosing.
Old 2007-06-21, 14:57   Link #76
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Describe parts of the Death Note story, without detail or length!? You sure enjoy giving difficult tasks...

Introduction: Yagami Light finds a Death Note, a notebook with the power to kill anyone whose name is wrote in it, later coming to learn it was once owned by a Death God. He decides to use his new power to create a better world. However, his new power brings him a troublesome new enemy; L.

Raye Penbar: Light is being followed by someone. He comes up with a plan to reveal the mans identity, involving a bus and a local criminal...

Suspicion: Someone outside Light's family has been in his room whilst he was out. His worries are later worsened by meeting someone who reveals himself to be L.

The Second Kira: Another Death Note user is revealed. Light later gets asked by L to join up with Kira investigation and share his views on this new problem.

Restraint: The second Kira (Amane Misa, now Light's girlfriend) has been caught, with Light very close to being captured as a result. With the threat of being captured by L and being killed by Rem (Misa's sympathetic Death God) forcing him into action, Light comes up with a plan and decides to allow L to put him under 24 hour surveillance...

Yotsuba: Light and Misa lose their memory (part of Light's plan) and are both later semi-cleared. As a result, The Kira investigation has to go in a different direction... Strangely, many deaths that favour a corporation known as Yotsuba have been happening recently.

Silence: L can hear church bells; are the bells for a wedding or a funeral?
Old 2007-06-21, 15:24   Link #77
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Describe parts of the Death Note story, without detail or length!? You sure enjoy giving difficult tasks...
No, it's that they'll be very handy for a poll. And they can't be long either otherwise one would be discouraged to read. Good work by the way

Now there's only the work on the last arcs left. You don't need to hurry though, as said, the thread/poll won't be created until the series is over
Old 2007-06-22, 08:09   Link #78
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

If no-one else does before episode 37 is subbed, I'll *try* to organize 27-37.
Old 2007-06-25, 06:10   Link #79
aurora51x

How about a thread with ALL of the death note rules?
Not just the obvious ones, I'm talking about making a list of all the rules that appear in the middle of episodes like "If you misspell a person's name 4 times on a death note, he cannot be killed by that death note". (This can create some interesting discussions like why didn't light misspell his own name 4 times?)
Old 2007-06-26, 21:22   Link #80
RecurringNightmare
The Darkness In Your Mind

Send a message via MSN to RecurringNightmare
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora51x View Post
How about a thread with ALL of the death note rules?
Not just the obvious ones, I'm talking about making a list of all the rules that appear in the middle of episodes like "If you misspell a person's name 4 times on a death note, he cannot be killed by that death note". (This can create some interesting discussions like why didn't light misspell his own name 4 times?)
The interesting thing about that is that not only did Light not know that rule (Ryuk only gave him so many.), but there is another rule that makes that rule useless.

So, I second this. Having another thread would answer such questions.
Closed Thread