Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-01, 09:38   Link #21
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano) MANGA - My jaw is nearly dropping that it took 5 posts for this suggestion..If this isn't the best in it's genre, it's damn close...
I felt I just had to make a slight change to your recomendation. I personally think that the Kare Kano manga is one of the best romances I have read. The anime however, was a huge disappointment after the first dozen episodes and turned into one of the worst train-wrecks I have ever seen at the end.

I'll also second the recomendations for Da Capo, Onegai Teacher (Please Teacher), Midori no Hibi (Midori Days), and Lovely Complex.
Old 2007-11-05, 17:33   Link #22
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I felt I just had to make a slight change to your recomendation. I personally think that the Kare Kano manga is one of the best romances I have read. The anime however, was a huge disappointment after the first dozen episodes and turned into one of the worst train-wrecks I have ever seen at the end.

I'll also second the recomendations for Da Capo, Onegai Teacher (Please Teacher), Midori no Hibi (Midori Days), and Lovely Complex.
Well I'll have to disagree...I know I don't have the manga for comparison but I thought the anime was one of the most expressive pieces of art I ever watched...In a genre filled with ridiculous similarities never has a romance HS comedy been so bold in it's usage of animation techniques and atmospheres to tell a simple story (One minute you are in the goofiest scenerio imaginable, the next you're in the most serious young love scenes you've ever seen)....What I think some people fail to realize when watching is that for all intents and purposes the anime story ends at ep 24...The next 2 episodes are sorta a set-up for a future love story (That I guess never got realized)...On visual techniques alone this series is near the class of it's genre...However those caught up in today's all CG usuage all the time, might not realize it because this series has that old-school hand-drawn element...
Old 2007-11-05, 23:01   Link #23
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
What I think some people fail to realize when watching is that for all intents and purposes the anime story ends at ep 24...The next 2 episodes are sorta a set-up for a future love story
Actually, the last few episodes were the result of some key creative people who walked out on the project (including the author of the manga, who was so unhappy with the anime that she refused to have anything else to do with it.) It was not a set up for another season, as by the time they reached the end of the series there was no chance of another season being done.

Quote:
On visual techniques alone this series is near the class of it's genre...However those caught up in today's all CG usuage all the time, might not realize it because this series has that old-school hand-drawn element...
I can't argue if you enjoyed it, but it was not the result of some vivid artistic vision, it was the result of the throwing something together when the whole project started falling appart near the end.
Old 2007-11-06, 00:11   Link #24
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Actually, the last few episodes were the result of some key creative people who walked out on the project (including the author of the manga, who was so unhappy with the anime that she refused to have anything else to do with it.) It was not a set up for another season, as by the time they reached the end of the series there was no chance of another season being done.

I can't argue if you enjoyed it, but it was not the result of some vivid artistic vision, it was the result of the throwing something together when the whole project started falling appart near the end.
Well that kinda sucks, but it wouldn't be the first time something was viewed as great regardless that some of the greatness was a happenstance...IMO the "falling apart" made the series even better with ep 19 (The cardboard cut-out ep) being one of the most creative episodes I've ever seen in anime period...Again if you let the series end with ep 24, it's a really sound series...Additionally speaking though, this is really just a great and creative series, regardless...Too bad the manga author was pi$$ed, but the studio got it right for once...My opinion validates their decision it seems...
Old 2007-11-07, 12:17   Link #25
marinne14

how can u say ichigo100% fails as an anime?!
it's such a good anime as for boys! a MUST seen anime!
and so i recommend:
School Rumble
ichigo100%
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~
Ouran Highschool Club
Girls bravo!

and here's the list of what i dislike (somewhat)
first of all
Da Capo <- i don't like the heroine, if you could survive the 1st season then you'll know what i feel... but if u liked shuffle then try this / / / /
then SchoolDays brrrr....
Old 2007-11-07, 13:23   Link #26
SooHip

100% ichigo did fail as an anime.. BUT not the manga- the manga was awesome

nd also try Kimi kiss pure rouge, ef- a tale of memories, clannad, myself; yourself
Those are all the current ongoing highschool romances.
Old 2007-11-08, 08:33   Link #27
Tri-ring

From old school, I definitely recommend "Touch" on the serious side and "Urusei Yatsura" completely on the wacky side.

Oh I almost forgot, "Ore no Sora" a complete classic.

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2007-11-08 at 08:35. Reason: Additional recommendation
Old 2007-11-11, 22:18   Link #28
and0neballa27

Definitely watch Peach Girl

This show revolves entirely around romance..instead of an anime that has a plot but with some romance on the side.

Not too mention its very realistic..something u might find in an actual high school..but dont worry..theres plenty of drama thatll keep u watching what the main character decides to do

Theres Green Green..but its really ecchi..really dirty.. theres even an extra sexually explicit final episode (which i actually enjoyed as a happy conclusion compared to the sad ending of the original series)
Onegai Twins..also ecchi
Girls Bravo..also ecchi
Otoboku...not too much romance but i still liked it
Old 2007-11-12, 06:02   Link #29
Valashu

Ive seen schooldays come by twice...Its definitly an anime to remember. there is school romance en plenty of Drama in it. Watch this anime only when youre emotionally stable.
sometimes I wish i had never seen this serie and sometimes i loved it. Also if youre the type of person who easily get emotionally involved with the characters then for the love of god dont watch it.

as for the topic I havent seen Love Love come by, its a school/ bit ecchi en also lots of comedy anime.
Old 2007-11-12, 20:19   Link #30
Reon-sama
:MystroKaiRi♫

Send a message via AIM to Reon-sama Send a message via MSN to Reon-sama Send a message via Yahoo to Reon-sama
-Zero no Tsukaima-1&2
-Kannazuki no miko
-Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
-Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

-Green Green(pretty funny in my opinion)

*Umm...I don't know about School Days as the best suggestion but I think its a good watch at first....
Old 2007-11-13, 07:48   Link #31
Tri-ring

How about Kimagure Orange Road since nobody has recommended it yet.
Old 2007-11-24, 21:33   Link #32
darthsait

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogblast View Post
i had to fight hard against the temptation to suggest School Days in this thread.
I HATE THIS SHOW!!!!

lol sry bout the rudeness, but it got me pissed of, nightmares for a weak! i did not like the ending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinne14 View Post
how can u say ichigo100% fails as an anime?!
it's such a good anime as for boys! a MUST seen anime!
and so i recommend:
School Rumble
ichigo100%
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~
Ouran Highschool Club
Girls bravo!

and here's the list of what i dislike (somewhat)
first of all
Da Capo <- i don't like the heroine, if you could survive the 1st season then you'll know what i feel... but if u liked shuffle then try this / / / /
then SchoolDays brrrr....
and i totally agrre with you!!!!

got bored of da capo and like i said, hated School days, but LOVED school rumble, lol, i love Eri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valashu View Post
Ive seen schooldays come by twice...Its definitly an anime to remember. there is school romance en plenty of Drama in it. Watch this anime only when youre emotionally stable.
sometimes I wish i had never seen this serie and sometimes i loved it. Also if youre the type of person who easily get emotionally involved with the characters then for the love of god dont watch it.

as for the topic I havent seen Love Love come by, its a school/ bit ecchi en also lots of comedy anime.
and lol, i only wished i could have seen those words earlier

i am soooo regretting watching it lol....i got really into the characters and all that, really attached...shit it was shocking lol.
Old 2007-11-25, 01:03   Link #33
armedrabbit
RabbitUser

Send a message via AIM to armedrabbit
Lovely complex - Very Good

hahaha i hate school days too.
Old 2007-11-25, 21:56   Link #34
Trisha
Kaname-sama

waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! DEFINITELY WATCH PEACH GIRL! IT WILL CATER YOU WITH YOUR HIGHSCHOOL ROMANCE NEEDS AND WOULD NOT DISAPPOINT!
Old 2007-12-06, 08:37   Link #35
ainekaikan

Here are my suggestions

Onegai Sensei
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=386

Lovely Complex
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7468
Old 2007-12-06, 12:22   Link #36
moonizzle

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and Kanon 2006

They both have the same voice actor that does both of the main male characters which means a lot of funny sarcastic humor
Old 2007-12-06, 20:16   Link #37
armedrabbit
RabbitUser

Send a message via AIM to armedrabbit
i third lovely complex.
Old 2007-12-07, 07:05   Link #38
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

School Days is for the emotionally stable
must watch imo - not for people who can not deal with insane endings and i mean insane
as far as happy ending goes....its a toss up

Ichigo 100% did not fail as an anime if u do not compare it to the manga, it can hold its own compare to a lot of other animes of its kind, and i also thought the anime was gear toward the male audience

Everything is subjective since we all have our own taste, i suggest watching a few episode of everything recommended on this thread if u are unsure, most anime suggested has thier own merits

Series with the most debate is actually attracting a lot of viewers so that should say something about the anime itself

Last edited by bbduece; 2007-12-11 at 01:44.
Old 2007-12-07, 18:19   Link #39
darthsait

true, i never read the ichigo 100% manga so when i watched the anime, i thought it was pretty good

but about school days.....well...i dont recomend it lol

But,

To Each His Own i Guess....
Old 2007-12-07, 19:59   Link #40
bruno321
Whirling Knife

Send a message via MSN to bruno321
Quote:
I'd say watch it when you're in for some good laughs.

Anyway, I second Kare Kano. Really, really good.
Closed Thread

Tags
high_school, romance