AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 22:36   Link #1421
Miraluka
Banned

Remember that both Medea and Mars shoose only strong people.

Thats why Medea choose Tokisada among her martians and the saints under Mars' command to be the Aquarius Saint. Because he IS strong enough to fit the cloth.

It seems she also wanted to prevent a betrayal like others gold saints did and put some magical trap in order to whipe out everyone on Aquarius' cloth.

Also, I don't think Sonia is weak as some people say. So far he was the only character that managed to land a hit on a gold saint and make one bleed. Mykene. The one who didn't get hurt from Haruto and Souma but just only a little scratch on his cloth.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 22:39   Link #1422
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Also, I don't think Sonia is weak as some people say. So far he was the only character that managed to land a hit on a gold saint and make one bleed. Mykene. The one who didn't get hurt from Haruto and Souma but just only a little scratch on his cloth.
I don't think she's weak, I just wonder if she's Gold Saint level, I mean if she was, Souma should have been no problem to her. I just wonder about the how of it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 22:50   Link #1423
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She didn't deserve being a Gold Saint. She failed at preventing Eden from turning on his dad. She almost got whipped by Lionet Soma. Maybe she's a sacrfice to try to turn Eden back. He sees Lionet Soma whack her, gets angry and turns on the group.
Who said anything about she deserving it? The fact remains: she is the Scorpio Saint like some of us predicted before. And I only stating my excitement that we got two female Gold Saints now, something other SS series don't have .
Old 2013-01-06, 00:48   Link #1424
Justin_Brett

Hasn't it been a while since they last fought? She could have been preparing herself in the meanwhile.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 06:36   Link #1425
ShiroiRyu

Normal that was near episode 23-24 if i remember.
In the darkness temple.
Old 2013-01-06, 08:09   Link #1426
Key Board
Carbon

Sonia is still the daughter of Mars, so she's not a normal human

if the fight with Souma's father is any indication, there is something weird about her cosmo and it can spike unpredictably

She's probably like Eden. Meaning that her base cosmo is high enough to match a gold saint, but she is held back by her own mental weakness.

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 09:41   Link #1427
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

^But Mars was a human so his transformation hasn't been explained yet. The only one that is close to God level without transformation is Medea. Medea's kid is Eden, not Sonia.
Old 2013-01-06, 10:38   Link #1428
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I find it interesting that Shiryu was considered to be the Libra Saint before Genbu despite us not seeing him wear it during the initial fight with Mars.

Also do you guys think that Genbu being Dokho's second disciple a cop-out?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 11:10   Link #1429
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The animation this week was extremely disappointing. A Gold vs Gold battle deserved better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I find it interesting that Shiryu was considered to be the Libra Saint before Genbu despite us not seeing him wear it during the initial fight with Mars.

I would say it's more of a retcon than a cop-out. I was shocked to learn Genbu was Dohko's final student. It was never hinted that Dohko had other students. I assume Genbu was training to get the Libra cloth from the start and not the Dragon one.

Making Shiryu the previous Libra saint is the real cop-out. Until now, he was only called the guardian of the cloth and we always saw him wearing the dragon cloth in the flashbacks. They probably changed this at the last minute to appease the fans. I'm sure they'll do the same for Hyouga.
Old 2013-01-06, 11:18   Link #1430
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Genbu's the third if you go by the anime time line as in the original anime Dokho had another disciple named Ouko whom Dokho expelled as well.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 15:43   Link #1431
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
I hope Tokisada isn't gone, because so far he's the only Gold Saint without a proper backstory (other than showing up for 2 seconds to murder Haruto's friend) and there's too much unanswered about what just happened .
I mean, who is he? Was he really evil? Then why the cloth had to manipulate him to kill? What was the point? And what's with the Aquarius cloth, anyway? There's no reason for it to be evil..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Making Shiryu the previous Libra saint is the real cop-out. Until now, he was only called the guardian of the cloth and we always saw him wearing the dragon cloth in the flashbacks.
It just said the Libra cloth choose him as an user previously, which could be a callback to the Poseidon and Hades arcs. I mean, even if Shiryu fought against Mars wearing Dragon, they can't just erase those facts.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 18:14   Link #1432
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
It just said the Libra cloth choose him as an user previously, which could be a callback to the Poseidon and Hades arcs. I mean, even if Shiryu fought against Mars wearing Dragon, they can't just erase those facts.
No, he clearly said Shiryu was supposed to be the Libra saint. He mentioned Shiryu's name alongside Dohko and his own, and he later added that:

"Because Shiryu can't move anymore, I now wear this cloth in his stead to uphold his ideals".
Old 2013-01-06, 18:58   Link #1433
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No, he clearly said Shiryu was supposed to be the Libra saint. He mentioned Shiryu's name alongside Dohko and his own, and he later added that:

"Because Shiryu can't move anymore, I now wear this cloth in his stead to uphold his ideals".
It's weird because Seiya is the only Saint in Omega who was ascended to Gold while we see Shiryu as a Bronze Saint in the opening.

Toei, however, once made a CD Drama with a made up post-Hades story. There Shiryu became the Saint.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 20:05   Link #1434
sirtao

Shiryu always been Dragon, he only acted as Genbu's stand-in as Libra, because Genbu wasn't strong enough before, due not applying himself enough.
Then, after the whole first Mars debacle, Genbu did decide to train and apply himself, and the Libra Cloth did recognize him as worthy
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 04:58   Link #1435
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Someone uploaded the Newtype scan for ep40-43:

Spoiler for Scan:

Spoiler for Info:

Last edited by duckroll; 2013-01-07 at 05:22.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 08:57   Link #1436
7Th
Mixtape

RIP in Peace, Umakoshi. ;_;

Spoiler for Episode 43:
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 09:11   Link #1437
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
RIP in Peace, Umakoshi. ;_;

Spoiler for Episode 43:
Probably. RIP anyway! Lolz. I wonder if we'll even see another Umakoshi episode before the climax... or even at all.

Spoiler for Episode 43:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 09:17   Link #1438
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Probably. RIP anyway! Lolz. I wonder if we'll even see another Umakoshi episode before the climax... or even at all.

Spoiler for Episode 43:
To be perfectly fair to Umakoshi, he also disappeared for nearly 20 episodes in Heartcatch Precure and then he came back and was AD for the 2 final episodes.

Spoiler for 43:
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 09:53   Link #1439
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^Heavenly Kings? You mean those pumpkinheads in the OP?
Old 2013-01-07, 10:34   Link #1440
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
To be perfectly fair to Umakoshi, he also disappeared for nearly 20 episodes in Heartcatch Precure and then he came back and was AD for the 2 final episodes.
I'm hoping he will do the same for Omega. It would suck not to see another Umakoshi episode before the ending.

Tags
action, shounen