Old 2015-06-04, 12:03   Link #41
iNoto

These 2 explained my points exactly.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

1 out of 5, wish i could give it a 0.
Old 2015-06-04, 12:16   Link #42
itachi-san314

It would have made a lot more sense for Salada to get the Sharingan when Sasuke pointed his sword at her. Kishi should have just waited a couple panels.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 13:18   Link #43
DerGilga
Banned

I'm not that upset about Naruto being stabbed. Getting hit by something you didn't see coming is believable. It's the transition from 'getting stabbed' to 'being rendered helpless and having their butts saved' which I have to laught about.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 14:07   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
I'm not that upset about Naruto being stabbed. Getting hit by something you didn't see coming is believable. It's the transition from 'getting stabbed' to 'being rendered helpless and having their butts saved' which I have to laught about.
I read the moment as the characters being paralyzed by the weapons and the control this Shin character has over the weapons. In other words, once Naruto and Sasuke were impaled, they could no longer control themselves due to the interference caused by Shin's control over the weapons embedded in their bodies.

It's still plot contrivance, but it's a little more acceptable than what some have been writing on this and other forums.

edit: looked it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
The guy can spam Shadow Clones to absurd levels, almost large enough to populate some major cities I'm sure. How is it then, that he can't keep 2 or 3 clones training while he's busy doing paperwork, chasing down Boruto, and spending time with his wife and daughter? Come on, the guy's signature jutsu is the most hack-worthy training tool ever, and he doesn't use it to train anymore?
To be fair, there are potential political ramifications to Naruto continuing to get stronger. He is the Hero of the 4th War, and because he preaches peace the other villages and nations follow his lead, but if he had spent the subsequent years since the war increasing his strength to some unimaginable level, how do you think the other nations would feel? There is no reason to get noticeably stronger during a time of peace, especially if your increase in strength actually goes against your political philosophy and the way the world perceives you.

Last edited by james0246; 2015-06-04 at 14:17.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 14:13   Link #45
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Additionally, Susanoo can only be used with two MS eyes (that's why Obito and Kakashi were never breaking out Susanoo even though they were powerful enough to gain the technique).
Are...you talking about Sasuke, who got his Susanoo out against Kaguya during the final battle?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 14:20   Link #46
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Are...you talking about Sasuke, who got his Susanoo out against Kaguya during the final battle?
Yeah, I couldn't recall if he used the technique or not after he gained the Rinnegan, so after posting I decided to look it up real quick; Sasuke does still posses all of his Sharingan abilities. My bad .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 14:36   Link #47
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Speaking about Shin survived Sakura fist--
Well, with all the eyes in his body, how do you expect Shin to be a normal human?
Not to mention he's shown to be quite good at body modification as he quickly tried to do surgery on himself by himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
You can develop character without cutting his abilities.
I mean he got owned by the guy who maybe on the level of ... some basic jounin without special ability. The guy with sharingan did not show any of its abilities except controlling some metal
Not using Susanoo doesn't mean the same with cutting his abilities.

Also, I don't think Sasuke and Naruto get owned by Shin, more like Shin caught them (Sasuke and Naruto) by surprise.
Maybe they expected Shin as a threat at jounin-level abilities, but ended up learning that Shin ability may not dangerous but surely an annoying one.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 14:49   Link #48
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
You can develop character without cutting his abilities.
I mean he got owned by the guy who maybe on the level of ... some basic jounin without special ability. The guy with sharingan did not show any of its abilities except controlling some metal
I mean, owned is kinda much right? Sakura ko's the guy with a punch and before that a regular fireball jutsu was gonna incapacitate him before he pushed the boy in the way. Obviously sasuke isn't going for the kill and we see kishi address sasukes effort with naruto telling sarada that her dad has barely done anything. So cutting abilities I'm not so sure about that. Restrain him with genjutsu, perhaps but the guy is full of Sharigan so maybe not?
Old 2015-06-04, 15:34   Link #49
ChuckE
Provoker

I wonder whether Sasuke knows that Limbo technique that Madara used.
Old 2015-06-04, 16:05   Link #50
Slayerx

Well, that was the first really bad chapter of this gaiden. Only really good part was sakura's entrance; KO's the guy in one punch. Really she was the ONLY one of the 3 who actually seemed to be fighting at her full abilities... And then she gets captured. Though really, please tell me she isn't actually gonna help the villain with his surgery. Ugh. Getting captured is disappointing, but helping the villain? That's just stupid.

And ya, Sasuke and Naruto feel like they have been seriously nerfed. I don't blame Naruto as much since he seemed to jsut want to hang back and keep the Sarada shielded, but Sasuke didn't use Half of the broken moves that he can pull. Like instead of a fireball, why not Amaratsu? Very deadly unkillable flame. Why not sasunoo? Perfect defense and offense. This is kinda of the problem with making another story with Naruto and Sasuke as the focus; you either got to make a ridiculously powerful villain, or you have to find contrived reasons to weaken the heroes.
Old 2015-06-04, 16:25   Link #51
DerGilga
Banned

Let's see:

-Naruto getting hit by the sword:
Like I said before believable, hard to doge something which you don't see coming.

-Naruto losing his chakra shroud:
Given that the shroud appeared when 12 years old Naruto had a hole in his lunge, I say rather unbelievable.

-Naruto being controlled by the weapons:
Naruto+Kyuubi couldn't be controlled by Nagato at point blank. The same Nagato who could mess with Sage chakra. Also rather unbelievable.

-Sasuke not using Susanoo:
Why? Even when at first not taking his enemy serious, after what he saw what happened to Naruto, his secret love, there is no excuse.

-Sasuke not using Shinra Tensei:
He can use the 6 path jutsus. He can use Chibaku Tensei, the ultimate jutus of Deva path. So him not being able to use it is rather unbelievable.

-Sasuke not using summoning:
Remember the time when Sasuke summoned a boss lvl snake, genjutsued it, entered into its mouth and undone the summoning, while Deidara was exploding? Kishi doesn't.

-Sasuke being controlled by the weapons:
Why not use Susanoo to repel them, or Shinra Tensei. Also can somebody who has half of the chrakra of Rikudou sennin be controlled by a fodder?

Oh boy, and this was just the first battle. The next battle has to be more dramatic and intense!
Old 2015-06-04, 16:56   Link #52
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well, that was the first really bad chapter of this gaiden. Only really good part was sakura's entrance; KO's the guy in one punch.
all them dam sharigan and he aint see it coming...

in other news:
tobi tobi tobi t obito bi t obito uchiha
shunshin no shisui, shisui shunshin, shin uchiha

nah ill wait another chapter or two before i commit to this one
Old 2015-06-04, 17:03   Link #53
fuff

how old is naruto and the rest in these chapters? if i recall was it 27ish?
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 17:11   Link #54
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
how old is naruto and the rest in these chapters? if i recall was it 27ish?
He should be around his early to mid 30s. He was 19 or 20 when he married. It took them a year or 2 before Boruto was born depending on how fast they conceived him. Boruto is about to take the genin test meaning he's probably around 10-12 right now.
Old 2015-06-04, 19:32   Link #55
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The manga already has the DB GT problem of having no continuity in power levels from the previous series and thus coming up with ridiculous nerfs just so the villains can stand a chance.
Old 2015-06-05, 01:03   Link #56
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Naruto being controlled by the weapons:
Naruto+Kyuubi couldn't be controlled by Nagato at point blank. The same Nagato who could mess with Sage chakra. Also rather unbelievable.
Not to mention Nagato is already weaken by that point, as we saw Konan keep warned him when using large-scale jutsu.

Quote:
-Sasuke not using Shinra Tensei:
He can use the 6 path jutsus. He can use Chibaku Tensei, the ultimate jutus of Deva path. So him not being able to use it is rather unbelievable.
Sasuke can use Chibaku Tensei because he once used it directly through Hagoromo sealing method to seal Kaguya, make it easier to learn.
Rinnegan just grant access to Six Paths jutsu, it doesn't mean the user automatically mastering all the Six Paths jutsu; it still depends on user hence there's difference between how Madara and Nagato using Rinnegan.

Quote:
Sasuke being controlled by the weapons:
Why not use Susanoo to repel them, or Shinra Tensei. Also can somebody who has half of the chrakra of Rikudou sennin be controlled by a fodder?
I wonder if someone that have mini-Juubi with tech similar to Obito's Kamui and a lot of clones as his army can really considered as a fodder ...
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 02:00   Link #57
fuff

seriously its kinda sad that sasuke never really stayed with sakura...that long hopefully they explain this further in the manga. cant help but feel bad for her
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 03:06   Link #58
ChuckE
Provoker

Maybe Kishi wanna return to the roots? I mean he thought that "Oh wow last chapters were overkill without overpowered techniques, I'll return to first season power balance in the gaiden"
Old 2015-06-05, 04:21   Link #59
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Sasuke can use Chibaku Tensei because he once used it directly through Hagoromo sealing method to seal Kaguya, make it easier to learn.
Rinnegan just grant access to Six Paths jutsu, it doesn't mean the user automatically mastering all the Six Paths jutsu; it still depends on user hence there's difference between how Madara and Nagato using Rinnegan.
Well it't true that Sasuke didn't mastered his Rinnegan immediately. But the current chapter takes places several years after the final fight. Given that Sasuke was never portrayed to be that kind of stupid, I have a hard time believing that didn't try to refine his Rinnegan abilites. And considering how practical Shinra Tensei is...
I guess the real reason is that it is too useful and Kishi deliberately forgot about it, so we can have well written fights like this one.

Quote:
I wonder if someone that have mini-Juubi with tech similar to Obito's Kamui and a lot of clones as his army can really considered as a fodder ...
Well, I'm referring to him as fodder because he is the villain of this mini arc. I don't think he will play any major role in the future of the franchise. And storywise he shouldn't be capable to compete with Naruto or Sasuke, who are basically demi gods now.
Heck maybe the mini-Juubi is the actual villain and Shin just a tool.
Old 2015-06-05, 04:24   Link #60
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
I guess the real reason is that it is too useful and Kishi deliberately forgot about it, so we can have well written fights like this one.
Don't know whether that was a sarcasm or not

Quote:
Heck maybe the mini-Juubi is the actual villain and Shin just a tool.
It could be that mean juubi are the conscious of the great tree

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion