AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 27 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 13.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-04, 17:45   Link #81
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
Honestly you shouldn't worry about what your male friends would think if they discover what YOU watch. Besides, in general this show IS targeted at a male audience but in my book it's targeted to females as well.
Outside of Japan and especially outside of the otaku circles, people would be unaware of moe and so would see K-ON as something that was primarily girly and girl-oriented. The entire cast is all girls and all they do is girly things all day, sometimes they play girly music too. It would be impossible to explain why K-ON is supposed to be for lonely Japanese males because people outside of Japan aren't trained from birth to go insane over cuteness. In Japanese culture, cuteness has overwhelmingly come to dominate just about everything but that's untrue of almost all other cultures, including all the other Asian cultures.
Old 2010-07-05, 03:57   Link #82
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

If you were to go to Taiwan and Hong Kong however, you will find the moe brethren...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2010-07-05, 06:26   Link #83
sergho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Outside of Japan and especially outside of the otaku circles, people would be unaware of moe and so would see K-ON as something that was primarily girly and girl-oriented. The entire cast is all girls and all they do is girly things all day, sometimes they play girly music too. It would be impossible to explain why K-ON is supposed to be for lonely Japanese males because people outside of Japan aren't trained from birth to go insane over cuteness. In Japanese culture, cuteness has overwhelmingly come to dominate just about everything but that's untrue of almost all other cultures, including all the other Asian cultures.
I would be very much surprised if the show didn't have a huge female following, even in Japan.
Old 2010-07-05, 07:27   Link #84
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergho View Post
I would be very much surprised if the show didn't have a huge female following, even in Japan.
Well it does. I believe it did spark a minor boom in light music clubs around Japan

Last edited by krko; 2010-07-06 at 04:09. Reason: grammax
Old 2010-07-05, 11:17   Link #85
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Sure, they're still goofy life most comedy-themed anime girl leads, but their goofiness feels more organic and natural, thanks to the fact the Head Director of the first season is a woman, who has been there and done that, so to speak.
Old 2010-07-05, 18:39   Link #86
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergho View Post
The show does. The director and staff at KyoAni, who are apparently mostly women, leaned hard on the guys in charge to let them drastically tone down some of the stuff from the manga. The manga is undeniably seinen by comparison. I don't know that KyoAni realizes just how much more money they were able to make this way.
Old 2010-07-06, 08:17   Link #87
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
There have been many TV shows in many countries about "nothing". It's not about what the show is ABOUT, it's about how much fun you are having while watching it. One notable example in American television is Seinfeld. And of course comparisons to Azumanga are inevitable, K-ON is essentially Azumanga Daioh + Beck and somehow it manages to be better than both, one of the advantages of not having to go first.
You reminded me of a famous 1975 animation picture called "Hedgehog In The Fog" (I have just watched it on youtube recently) The film is absolutely not about anything special, but somehow it's very entertaining and heart warming...

That's just to prove you don't need to like modern anime to enjoy slice-of-life, i guess
Old 2010-07-06, 13:23   Link #88
Nerroth
NePoi!

I can't quite tell if the show is going with more Azunyan-centred stories in response to the demands of her pre-existing fanbase, or as a way to promote her as an alternate protagonist should they decide to base a post-graduation season 3 around her.

Maybe a little of both, perhaps?

Still, I'm enjoying the development they are giving her.

Oh, and I noted how many of the others she knows made the 'who are you?' joke when she showed up all tanned/burned, but Yui immediately went all 'Azu-nyaaaaaaaaaaan!' and glomped her at once!

Nice little detail, there.
Old 2010-07-18, 19:51   Link #89
wingman32x

Wow, what a trippy and somewhat weird episode. Azu-nyan's dreams were pretty funny though, especially the slide and lottery ones. What I really liked about this episode was that it showed insight into Azusa's feelings about the other four members graduating. Yeah, I'm sure most of us predicted how she would feel, but it's nice to finally hear/see it from her. Jun possibly joining the light music club is an awesome idea. Have Ui join too .

Overall, a solid episode with a very trippy feel to it. I give it an 8/10.
Old 2010-07-19, 01:08   Link #90
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They'd still need a fourth member to keep the Light Music Club going.