AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-25, 16:31   Link #1241
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't play Battlenet for Diablo II. My friend and I played LAN though. I ran around as a Necromancer to his Amazon. He's merc was the pally while mine was the rogue.

We did fine most of the time as he has a mage-tank and I had a gollum tank and some skeletons to allow us to stay at range. Or I'd just go in swinging with a wand for the hell of it.

This was before I discovered the usefulness of Corpse Explosion. We didn't find that out until the Cow Level. We did that after Act IV but before we tackled Act V (post-expansion) so the Cows just really kicked our ass for the most part. We could barely outrun them, and took forever to drop just one. I was running out of options. He couldn't keep arrowing them forever...so found a body of one we killed and dragged the pack over it and used the only spell left I hadn't really used....Blam....three or four Cows drop. (Whoa!). Blam, Blam, Blam.....all the cows drop. (Dude).

Don't think we'll have a moment like that in Diablo III. One, I doubt there will be a scaling overpowered spell like Corpse Explosion again, and Two, I think we'll know how to play this time around. As oppose to being practically noobs. Too much WoW to be a noob anymore.
Old 2012-04-26, 05:56   Link #1242
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Ah... Duriel. The "joy" I had when I first entered his chambers and heard his voice.

"Wait. What?"

Hearing the cries of agony as the game painfully took its time to load. Fortunately I was using a Paladin at that time, so it wasn't too bad. A worse one was when I was LAN-ing with my friends and I was using a Sorceress. My Barbarian-using friend was supposed to enter first to take the hits, but just as he reached the entrance, he suddenly stopped to pick up something.

Alas... inertia was in effect, and as I saw the loading screen, I went, "Fffff-uuuu!" Frantically mashing my health pots hotkeys as Duriel gurgled his rape-voice and sodomised my character.

Natch.
Old 2012-04-26, 06:30   Link #1243
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Ah... Duriel. The "joy" I had when I first entered his chambers and heard his voice.

"Wait. What?"

Hearing the cries of agony as the game painfully took its time to load. Fortunately I was using a Paladin at that time, so it wasn't too bad. A worse one was when I was LAN-ing with my friends and I was using a Sorceress. My Barbarian-using friend was supposed to enter first to take the hits, but just as he reached the entrance, he suddenly stopped to pick up something.

Alas... inertia was in effect, and as I saw the loading screen, I went, "Fffff-uuuu!" Frantically mashing my health pots hotkeys as Duriel gurgled his rape-voice and sodomised my character.

Natch.
I think you are addicted to this game.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 06:49   Link #1244
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Duriel, the horror of (classic) Diablo 2 , at least on normal mode. Afterwards? Summon Blood Golem, cast Iron Maiden = enjoy near immortality before the bug was fixed =/. But yes, I think I died countless times on my sorc when nobody was available (or one didn't want to to open a game named "Act 2 Duriel" and see if someone were interested ). I think a few common sorc strategies were pre-merc addition to firewall or fire-follow-magic his @ss off.
In comparion to Mephisto and Diablo: frost orb, frost orb, frost orb (+ meteor/hydra for a change) ad infinitum and enjoy the ownage .
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 07:02   Link #1245
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Duriel was the closest thing to Butcher from D2 and hardest boss for my friends and I. Totally did not expect to see him. It was our first play throught, our amazon was playing video games for the first time, sorceress was okay. I was a noob necro and it was terrible because there was -only- Duriel and no dead bodies to make skeles out of. The greater evils weren't hard because we were expecting them. We stashed pots and had armor buffs on. Duriel was just "OH HELL-O THAR BEND OVER PLEASE :3"

We all died x3 I don't recall what voice Duriel had. But he was be forever remembered as the random demon boss that no npc in the game mentioned loves to rear end.

I was playing D1 a few weeks ago and I still think it's more terrifying. It's so damn dark and hard to see where I am going or what's hitting me.

I kind of want to see some ridiculous amount of gore and blood from D3. Like Mephisto's place in Kurast. Insanely dark place with metal ground and walls. A piles of bodies and pools of blood.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 07:12   Link #1246
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
~~ We all died x3 I don't recall what voice Duriel had. But he was be forever remembered as the random demon boss that no npc in the game mentioned loves to rear end. ~~
"Looking for Baal?"

^ Rape-voice.
Old 2012-04-26, 11:37   Link #1247
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
"Looking for Baal?"

^ Rape-voice.
Very scary

Memories of him killing me
Old 2012-04-26, 11:45   Link #1248
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I miss necro! D: such good voice acting!

Witch Doctor will be NOTHING compared to Poison Necro ><
Old 2012-04-26, 12:11   Link #1249
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Necro was my fav class of all mmorpg

It made the game 50000% more gorey-er, summoner-fetish friendly and silly with a parade of skeletons and the 'orange juice golem'. Most summoner-esque classes make like 1~3 minions that constantly get upgraded. None of them lets me have like 10 skeletons and a golem.

Only complaint is my minions attacking my bone prison when i'm fighting diablo. WD feels like such a boner kill in comparison, if not already from the hype created from the alpha-stage videos and the actual beta game play.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 13:05   Link #1250
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

How does the WD compare to necro? I hear you can't have a army, more like a squad.
Old 2012-04-26, 13:34   Link #1251
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
How does the WD compare to necro? I hear you can't have a army, more like a squad.
WD isn't much like a necro other than being the designated "summoner" class this time around... A lot of his skills are basically just attack skills that involve briefly "summoning" creatures (wall of zombies, giant toad); his only permanent summons are the Zombie Dogs and the Gargantuan I believe... he also has some temporary summons like the fetishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Zqmfmzmy4
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 13:36   Link #1252
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I have an army of spiders. Does that count?
Old 2012-04-26, 13:49   Link #1253
Kunagisa

They got rid of Lagromancer, and I don't want him back.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 14:57   Link #1254
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Never heard of him causing lag, I bet cow level is hell. For you...pun intended.
Old 2012-04-26, 15:21   Link #1255
Kunagisa

Nah, it's not that I'm lagging, it's just causing the game itself to lag, which sucks because after a while the game closes on you and then you can't make or join new games for a while (I never stick around to find out how long). It's especially annoying for baal runs when partner up with the billion of meteor sorcs spamming the minion spawn area.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 20:48   Link #1256
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

So...is the wizard just a watered down sorc? Cooldown on teleport=epic no thx
Old 2012-04-26, 21:37   Link #1257
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Necro was my fav class of all mmorpg
That would be a little hard to accomplish, considering Diablo 2 is not a MMORPG. And neither is Guild Wars.
Old 2012-04-26, 21:50   Link #1258
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Necro as the first character I played. It was fun for a long time, but that was our multiplayer game only. I think I had the most solo fun with the paladin since Thorns and Zeal are pretty much OP for anything that isn't a Boss.
Old 2012-04-26, 22:58   Link #1259
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I miss necro! D: such good voice acting!

Witch Doctor will be NOTHING compared to Poison Necro ><
Worse part is that it seems like they already have a model for the necromancer in D3. If I am not mistaken, the traitor/cultist Jondar you need to kill for the Templar's mission in the Cathedral dungeon has a character model akin the the d2 necromancer and uses poison nova against you.

Thanks Blizz.

Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 00:13   Link #1260
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Aren't some of the old characters the boss in this game?

But meh, WD is WD, and Necro is Necro. Not like it will affect my playing experience anyway. As much as I love the Necromancer, he's not the reason I play Diablo in the first place.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler