AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 08:24   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

True Tears - Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, DVDs, etc.)

Thread dedicated to True Tears related merchandise - including... art books, figurines, games, manga, CDs, OSTs, DVDs, silverberries etc., or if you know where you can find such items, then please post here.

For music related items, please check the following sites:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.animenation.com
http://www.yesasia.com
If you can read Japanese, then you can also try:
http://www.amazon.co.jp

Please Note: This thread is for official merchandise only, no bootlegs or cheap illegal imitations!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 19:08   Link #2
Lumi360

(I think this thread should be higher up, now that the only new material will be DVDs etc.)

The first R2 DVD is out already, with only one episode, but includes some kind of CD-ROM?

I'm also looking forward to character songs, the first of which (Ai) should be included with DVD #2 coming in April.
Lumi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 15:37   Link #3
Lumi360

I just had a hit on a True Tears Drama CD, based on the anime.

Afaik, there already exist Drama CDs based on the Eroge, but nobody cares about those.

Will be out in June, around the time DVD #4 comes out.

I'm going out on a limb, by claiming this will continue the story, not just rehash it. Maybe somebody can actually read the description?

TVアニメ「true tears」のドラマCD! アニメでは描ききれなかった、もうひとつの物語。
シナリオはアニメーションシナリオスタッフによる書き下ろしのオリジナルストーリー。
3人のヒロインをそれぞれフューチャーしたシナリオ。
本編には入らなかった、幻の物語をドラマCD中で再現。 描き下ろしジャケット。

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-5782
Lumi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 16:28   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumi360 View Post
I'm going out on a limb, by claiming this will continue the story, not just rehash it. Maybe somebody can actually read the description?

TVアニメ「true tears」のドラマCD! アニメでは描ききれなかった、もうひとつの物語。
シナリオはアニメーションシナリオスタッフによる書き下ろしのオリジナルストーリー。
3人のヒロインをそれぞれフューチャーしたシナリオ。
本編には入らなかった、幻の物語をドラマCD中で再現。 描き下ろしジャケット。
Yes, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're saying that it's an all-new story written by the anime writers focused on the future of the three heroines.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 17:09   Link #5
taichi-kun

Are you talking about the new 3minutes epilogue ?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 11:02   Link #6
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're saying that it's an all-new story written by the anime writers focused on the future of the three heroines.
I saw a similar news on another forum.

A 3-minute sequel would be included in the Blu-Ray boxset due to be released on March 26, 2010.
However, it will be cancelled if the pre-orders for the boxset are less than 2000 copies.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-11-07 at 11:13.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 19:36   Link #7
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Article from ANN

"The box will include about three minutes of new footage as an epilogue that will depict the future of the main characters after the last television episode."

Must make this happen. Want more true tears.
Old 2009-11-07, 20:38   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
Article from ANN

"The box will include about three minutes of new footage as an epilogue that will depict the future of the main characters after the last television episode."

Must... See! Must... See!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 22:11   Link #9
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

We can only hope they get enough pre-orders. I think its pretty dumb though, but from a marketing stand point it makes sense. If they don't sell enough copies, it wouldn't be worth the money to produce the little epilogue.

I wouldn't mind a BD rip for this though. lol.
Old 2009-11-08, 23:14   Link #10
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ooh, looking forward to that epilogue.

also, i forgot how much of a gem this show was. just watched 13 again because i visited this subforum, and i forgot about how it pulls the emotions out. also forgot how beautiful Hiromi's character design is.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-11-08 at 23:37. Reason: writing fail
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 01:34   Link #11
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Wow, the epilogue is a dream come true. Actually it will be a dream come true if it focus' on Shinichiro and Hiromi. I felt that there is sufficient closure for Noe. Is the pre-order up?
Old 2009-11-10, 20:59   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I saw a similar news on another forum.

A 3-minute sequel would be included in the Blu-Ray boxset due to be released on March 26, 2010.
Regarding the Drama CD that I posted about a year and half ago, yes, in fact, I did get that Drama CD, and it was all epilogue content for the anime -- about an hour's worth if I recall. (I wonder if it was me posting the same bit on another forum too? )

This new animated epilogue content may or may not cover some of the same material that was on the Drama CD, but 3 minutes won't really be much time to give us more than just the briefest of cameos from all the cast.

If you really want to know what happened next, the Drama CD is still the best bet. There's a segment for each Noe, Hiromi, and Aiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
We can only hope they get enough pre-orders. [...] I wouldn't mind a BD rip for this though. lol.
I just have to facepalm here. *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
Wow, the epilogue is a dream come true. Actually it will be a dream come true if it focus' on Shinichiro and Hiromi. I felt that there is sufficient closure for Noe. Is the pre-order up?
The pre-order is up (here's the actual form), but... you have to be in Japan, you can't pay by credit card, and assuming they get enough names in the initial stages, you'll have to pay the full price about 3 months before the release of the Blu-Ray set. So to do this, you'll probably have to elicit the help of some people in Japan (either proctoring services or other friends/acquaintances). Thanks to a kind offer from a fellow collector, it looks like I'll be able to get mine but... they're definitely not making it easy for us, sadly.
Old 2009-11-10, 21:13   Link #13
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I just have to facepalm here. *facepalm*
And why do you say that?
Old 2009-11-11, 08:41   Link #14
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Regarding the Drama CD that I posted about a year and half ago, yes, in fact, I did get that Drama CD, and it was all epilogue content for the anime -- about an hour's worth if I recall. (I wonder if it was me posting the same bit on another forum too? )

This new animated epilogue content may or may not cover some of the same material that was on the Drama CD, but 3 minutes won't really be much time to give us more than just the briefest of cameos from all the cast.
I thought you were talking you were talking about the 3 epilogue on this post.

And this is the news that I saw on the other forum.
Not sure if non-registered members can view MAL forums, so I took a screenshot.

Quote:
If you really want to know what happened next, the Drama CD is still the best bet. There's a segment for each Noe, Hiromi, and Aiko.
Yes, I agree that a drama CD is good.
My japanese speaking skills are still on novice level though, won't be able to understand the drama cd unless there's a translated version of it.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-11-11 at 19:26.
Old 2009-11-11, 12:18   Link #15
foxy12

Quote:

It had so many conflicts and emotions ,it's just too bad that it wasn't made into an OVA for the fans , ..3 mins is just too short,I just don't think that they will include the drama CD events in the epilogue .If they want to include the drama CD as a main ,then why can't they just do a whole ep as a sequel ?

Last edited by foxy12; 2009-11-11 at 12:46.
foxy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 00:57   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And why do you say that?
Well, it's just the irony of "I hope they get enough pre-orders" and then "I wouldn't mind a rip". I mean, let's just hope that the Japanese fans don't feel this way or they'll never hit that magic 2000 number! Of course at the same time, I do realize they're making this virtually impossible for us foreign fans anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point. It was just the ironic juxtaposition.
Old 2009-11-12, 03:24   Link #17
Liddo-kun
is this so?

The Blu-Ray Boxset seems to be advertised at the front of the True Tears official website now (Noe is holding it ).
If only they made it easier for foreign fans to order...

http://www.truetears.jp/
Old 2009-11-12, 08:29   Link #18
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Well, it's just the irony of "I hope they get enough pre-orders" and then "I wouldn't mind a rip". I mean, let's just hope that the Japanese fans don't feel this way or they'll never hit that magic 2000 number! Of course at the same time, I do realize they're making this virtually impossible for us foreign fans anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point. It was just the ironic juxtaposition.
Oh, I thought you were going to say BD rips stink or something.

Yes, it was a pretty ironic thing to say. But if the BD is released in R1 I'd buy it. BDs have much more attractive subtitles than DVDs too. And I hate DVD subtitles, they are horrid and since the companies don't hard edit anything, if there are signs or something you get the ugly font all over your screen.
Old 2010-05-04, 09:13   Link #19
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Blu-ray box design.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2010-05-04 at 19:31.
Old 2010-05-04, 11:07   Link #20
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Nice. It's a darn shame the chances of the BD coming overseas are low. I'd totally buy it.