AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 19:03   Link #361
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Well, it's not only that.

Masuzu is sharp and a flirty that can turn people on or off. She's also a Jojo fan so she can get away with it.

The current mindset of most otakus prefer leads to have the body of an 11 year old than a woman's.

Calling it "delicious flat chest" is hilarious.

Those lot need to get their heads checked and go out to look for real women so they can understand it's not fun playing with mosquito bites.

Anyways, I'm not talking about female leads with over exaggerated figures, just an hourglass will do.

It'll get the point across that this character has a certain appeal and look to her that tells you she's important. This will prevent it from boarding to creepy levels that has been polluting anime for the last few years.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-01-15 at 19:22.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 20:00   Link #362
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I never read the novels but ever since I picked up the manga a while back I've always been wishing OreShura got animated, and we're lucky that A-1 Pictures is doing it now. So far, I think it's got a great voice cast (glad they didn't give Eita's role to a female Seiyuu) and Yukari Tamura surprised me with her Masuzu voice. It's pretty good. I'm always used to Tamura's more high pitch/high energy type of voices for characters that aren't very cool headed like Masuzu. By the way, prior to checking out this part of the forum, I had no idea there were this many Masuzu fans, I'm surprised! Back to voices, I thought Chinatsu Akasaki as Chiwa was fine. It didn't sound "too mature" to me, in fact I thought her take on Chiwa's voice made the character more adorable than I thought she'd be.

The OreShura anime adaptation is my favorite series for this season so far, I'm hoping the rest of the episodes won't be disappointing. The references are the second best thing to me besides the character interactions and no-panty flashes.

You guys seem to have interesting thoughts on this thread too, so I'll be stopping by sometime as well. I like that someone made a comparison of Senjougahara Hitagi & Natsukawa Masuzu, I mean they're different in various ways but their similarities really do stand out. Something about that sadistic nature...idk, lol.

3rd ep. in less than half a week!
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 23:06   Link #363
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

After watching episode 2, in which Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is directly mentioned, I have to say that I am definitely on the Chiwa X Eita team. I can see Chiwa turning off some people, but I think that genkiness is a mask to some degree. I have a lot of respect for a character that has fought hard to come back from a severe injury like she has, and Eita does have some feelings for her that he is is denying to himself.

Masuzu is gonna regret how cruel she is being if she ever really starts to have feelings for Eita. It would be fitting if she ultimately does push Eita and Chiwa together.

The ED has some nice imagery too.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 16:09   Link #364
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
After watching episode 2, in which Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is directly mentioned, I have to say that I am definitely on the Chiwa X Eita team. I can see Chiwa turning off some people, but I think that genkiness is a mask to some degree. I have a lot of respect for a character that has fought hard to come back from a severe injury like she has, and Eita does have some feelings for her that he is is denying to himself.

Masuzu is gonna regret how cruel she is being if she ever really starts to have feelings for Eita. It would be fitting if she ultimately does push Eita and Chiwa together.

The ED has some nice imagery too.
You should read the manga if you get a chance. If you like Masuzu, I think you'll enjoy some of the character development there so far. Make sure you find the main one and not one of the spin offs, the spin offs are more centered around comedy.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 12:27   Link #365
Midonin
Last Engage

This is a momentous occasion. The fairy queen Mori Summer, long thought slumbering, has been revived in the modern day.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 12:33   Link #366
ookamigirl

Eita totally snapped.
Masuzu only thinking about popularity.
Chiwa going along with for Eita.
Seems like Masuzu wants Chiwa to have a boyfriend so she wouldn't be their 3rd wheel.
Chiwa doesn't get why Eita doesn't get her feelings... such a complicated relationship.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 13:58   Link #367
larethian

For the first half of episode 3, we get the usual trolling by Masuzu and her new Ji-En-Otsu script for Chiwa. Second half, we get some serious stuff and background development. I would say that A1 did pretty well with the adaptation so far, though I find the small service of showing one of the girls who is yet to be named to be a little redundant and serving no purpose at this point in time (edit: I forgot... they also showed the pink-haired girl in episode 1 ). Though I was also pleasantly surprised at that well placed Masuzu scene towards the end of the episode:
Spoilers
Spoiler for slight novel comparison in ordering; no plot spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by larethian; 2013-01-19 at 14:46. Reason: brought some stuff to novel thread
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 14:41   Link #368
HandofFate

Became a bigger fan of Chiwa during episode 3 once I got to know about the background relationship.

Its nice to know where the MC's motivation to get into a medical college came from.

What the heck is the point of this whole 'fake dating' thing. It doesn't even seem like the class or anyone else cares that the two are suppose to be dating or anything after the inital outburst. And nothing came from it other than Chiwa joining the whatever made up club.

Masuru just being a sadist right now pushing Chiwa and Eita's buttons right now, even after finding out the scar about Chiwa's past.
Old 2013-01-19, 14:43   Link #369
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
What the heck is the point of this whole 'fake dating' thing. It doesn't even seem like the class or anyone else cares that the two are suppose to be dating or anything after the inital outburst. And nothing came from it other than Chiwa joining the whatever made up club.
It was stated that Masuzu wanted to ward off all the confessions she was getting.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 16:12   Link #370
Mentar
Banned

That was very nicely done ... at least, Chiwa's development did tug at my heartstrings quite successfully. It shows that A-1 knows how to properly do the dramatic elements, which is making me smile for the future.

Good ep!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 16:13   Link #371
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Masuzu's comedy skit was indeed great. Surprised the letter worked. Though second half was indeed the best part with the events of the past. Too bad Eita doesn't understand Chiwa.
Old 2013-01-19, 18:32   Link #372
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well - as of ep 2 this series is doing a good job to stay faithful to the manga afaicr, and kudos to it for that, but I still am finding it hard to feel engaged in the situation overall for some reason. It was the same as the manga for me too, though, so maybe no surprises there.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:30   Link #373
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm enjoying the ride for now. Although the interactions between Masuzu and Edo near the end of episode 2 was awfully strange to me.
Old 2013-01-19, 21:30   Link #374
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3

give another plan of masuzu make eita talk of past life so have eita & chiwa do skit which people think it's comedy got masuzu going why?!

then help chiwa give letter to guy to go a date seem all fine til chiwa ask eita how he feel on it give eita sorta said wrong saying cause chiwa to run cry due to eita think of her as a sister.

cue flashback of chiwa with injured leg & back visit eita telling him she can't do kendo anymore while eita said his parents has split, find other loves & left him.

so during dinner talk give eita mention maybe get work a doctor which chiwa cried which eita more determine help chiwa to really be a doctor.

& after flashback both still wonder reasons to do next while masuzu being masuzu as usual.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 00:47   Link #375
sky black swordman

Episode 3 was great episode.

It was hilarious to see Eita snap at how easy Chiwa spoke about past lifes. Poor Masuzu, it looked like she really put some thought into that script. Only for it to be called a comedy skit.

Is it just me or did, Masuzu look worried during the whole Sakagami accepting Chiwa's confession scene?

It's pretty obvious that Chiwa doesn't care about Sakagami accepting her "feelings". Must be a horrible feeling to have the boy you love congratulate on getting a BF, when he is the one you really want to be with. Although Eita did ask Chiwa if going out with Sakagami was what she wanted.(Of couse not in these exact words)
Old 2013-01-20, 01:37   Link #376
garbage

ep 3.
after this episode I want so much to be on the osananajimi side, so sad that she doesn't know Eita and masuzu are just pretending. Honmono da yo! her feelings are true.
Old 2013-01-20, 01:40   Link #377
Westlo
Lets be reality

Volume 1 Cover for best girl, even though Chiwa was on the first volume of the LN and Manga...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-20 at 20:23. Reason: Placed large image inside images tag
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 03:46   Link #378
takai
Easy Muffin

Ok now I'm getting into this. I could careless about Chiwa, I'm more interested in Eita and Masuzu.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 10:28   Link #379
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation This

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Agreed. There is little point.
Old 2013-01-20, 10:36   Link #380
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It was stated that Masuzu wanted to ward off all the confessions she was getting.
This, there is a point exactly. Once the news of Eita and Masuzu dating spread like wildfire. Confessions probably went down a dramatic amount, there will still be some desperate guys. But it's not like a confession a day.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen