AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2004-09-21, 22:41   Link #61
Grona
Big Damit!

humm, just checking ep49 shows that indeed that the lopsidedness of the arm and leg are signs that he still has the automail.
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 03:00   Link #62
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grona
humm, just checking ep49 shows that indeed that the lopsidedness of the arm and leg are signs that he still has the automail.
which part of eps 49 hint anything about the movie?
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 04:13   Link #63
eabandit

i have a feeling ed's not going to get back to his home world in the series

the clothes in the movie teaser are the exact same clothes that ed is wearing at the end of episode 49. also, at the end of 49, hohenheim is wearng the overcoat that ed is wearing in the movie teaser, suggesting that ed is going to stay in the world he is in now?
eabandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 10:19   Link #64
Hiruka00

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabandit
i have a feeling ed's not going to get back to his home world in the series

the clothes in the movie teaser are the exact same clothes that ed is wearing at the end of episode 49. also, at the end of 49, hohenheim is wearng the overcoat that ed is wearing in the movie teaser, suggesting that ed is going to stay in the world he is in now?
I agree with you on that. I think on of the biggest hints about the movie itself is how Ed is dressed. Perhaps he does stay in that world or maybe both worlds are merged in the end???
Hiruka00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 12:21   Link #65
dew

You guys aren't making sense. If it's been established that Ed has automail in the movie, he'd obviously get back to his original world, correct?
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 16:43   Link #66
eabandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew
You guys aren't making sense. If it's been established that Ed has automail in the movie, he'd obviously get back to his original world, correct?
umm, the only thing that's established are the clothes he's wearing, and his height

we dont even know if it is ed. it could be al transmuted into ed's body.
eabandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 23:04   Link #67
Feral

It's either/or. In episode 49, about the first thing Ed realized was that his arm wasn't automail. So if in the movie, he still has automail it'd be impossible for him to also have stayed in WWI Britain.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 06:37   Link #68
krem

aside from the clothes and an older ed, i think you're reading whatever you want to into that picture. there's very little that is noticeable about the pic that indicates it is the original Ed. however, it does hint that perhaps ED does not return to the FMA world, at least not during the early part of the movie. Perhaps the film is about his return. That picture, well, all I can say is I think you're convincing yourself about his lopsidedness and the curling of his fingers....He has longer hair, does this mean that he grew his hair, or that he got his hair back and it is the real Ed as we know it.

I take those comments with a pinch of salt.
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 15:51   Link #69
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krem
aside from the clothes and an older ed, i think you're reading whatever you want to into that picture. there's very little that is noticeable about the pic that indicates it is the original Ed. however, it does hint that perhaps ED does not return to the FMA world, at least not during the early part of the movie. Perhaps the film is about his return. That picture, well, all I can say is I think you're convincing yourself about his lopsidedness and the curling of his fingers....He has longer hair, does this mean that he grew his hair, or that he got his hair back and it is the real Ed as we know it.

I take those comments with a pinch of salt.

Well, considering he is already back in the FMA world as of episode 50, you can chuck that out the window
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 21:58   Link #70
MookieC

My guess is that the series will end with them taking out the humonculi/dante, then the movie will be them finally searching for a way to restore their bodies

The way its headed right now, thats how it makes the most sense.
MookieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 22:56   Link #71
krem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
Well, considering he is already back in the FMA world as of episode 50, you can chuck that out the window
true, but it doesn't explain the WW1 clothes and it's possible that the Al sends Ed to the gate, where somehow he gets his bits and pieces back. dunno, but that whole automail arm in the picture. slightly off centre.
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 03:32   Link #72
Tripon

There's a offical movie trailer out for the movie. No new footage though, just footage taken from the first 26 eps, with the Law of Eqivlent Trade. It's a bit jarring to see how young Edward looked at the begining of the series.
Tripon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 02:58   Link #73
Seroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji

yeah well thanks for spoiling that for me (haven't seen ep50 yet)

Anyhoo, the movie could be about them getting their original bodies back. Or maybe it's something else, like another batch of homonculus show up to do...something . We just don't know anything for sure yet...
Seroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 16:21   Link #74
Oneiropolos
Kuruizaki -Takamichi

The lopsidedness is there and HAS to be delibrate. If you don't believe me, put the picture in a photo-editing software and draw straight lines across it from where the seam on his shoulder on his right (our left) is across to his other side- you'll see it's significantly lower than the other. Continue to do this at marking points all the way down (like at the wrist) and at the very bottom of the coat. You'll see ALL of them are lower than the other side, as it would be if one shoulder was slightly lower than the other. I didn't see the lopsidedness either, but drew the lines on a whim and was amazed at the difference. The picture pulls a bit of a trick on you, that doesn't make it look lopsided until you have something to judge it against. And it's done consistently, so it's not just an artist screwing up a line somewhere. Now, I can't say I've done this with any pictures of Ed normally to see if he's automail arm makes it lopsided, so I can't say this means Ed does have automail in the movie, but something's up with that arm.

They told us this picture would give us hints, so I analyzed it a bit more and noticed one more important thing- take a look at where Ed's hair is. The coat line is going down, then his hair comes over his shoulder- and then suddenly, the coat line is higher than it was. Make of it what you will.

Last edited by Oneiropolos; 2004-09-30 at 16:26. Reason: Edited to add more information
Oneiropolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 18:50   Link #75
sanguinivore

it could just be very bad artwork
sanguinivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 18:10   Link #76
gaheris

Now we know the movie will be about Ed and Al trying to reunite with each other and getting Ed back from across the gate.
gaheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 00:14   Link #77
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaheris
Spoiler:

at least put spoiler tags on man

some people havent seen the last episode.
Carrackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 18:35   Link #78
Chirachira-Pandora

Question A thought....

As they say in Japan, Yoroshiku.

I'm new here, but I assure you I fervanltly look forward to corrupting all you minds! I lived in Juso, Osaka Japan for a year, then came back to Canada, where everybody wears skijackets and are ugly. I've read a calculated 50, 000 pages of manga, both in published and weekly formats not including doujinshi....teehee.

Anyway, riddle me this! Should Ed have spent the last years in London growing into a lovely upstanding man, he'd not have had an automail tune-up in just that long. Obviously he's grown an inch or two, and both the leg and the arm must be pincingly too small! Might that have something to do with it?
Chirachira-Pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 19:16   Link #79
Joe Dalton

after watching ep 51 (final) I am looking forward to this movie. I SOOOO hope the movie will resume the story line of their
Spoiler:

and knowing the class with wich they presented the show I have good hopes for this to happen.
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 16:52   Link #80
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirachira-Pandora
...Canada, where everybody wears skijackets and are ugly.
Dude, ouch.

EDIT: post below seconded. Now eat your bacon and Timbits and stop stereotyping, eh?

Last edited by Feral; 2004-10-06 at 18:11.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote