AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 00:00   Link #201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think it's understandable that the people in this situation are not quite so panicked as of yet (though obviously some are losing it). You just wake up in this video game world and there are more questions than answers. Unlike SAO there's no grand declaration explaining a damn thing about their situation so everyone is just figuring things out on their own. A lot easier to panic when you are pretty well told to panic. No one there has enough information to even freak out about yet.

People can still treat this like a game especially since they have no idea what happens when they get 'killed' there.
Old 2013-10-08, 00:57   Link #202
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Generalizing is a bad thing to do. Like i said because they have a few similarities doesnt make them the same, otherwise we would see people asking what devil fruit naruto will eat to enhance his bankai.
And you once again dive into unimportant specifics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
They are natural explorers, not just a bunch of hikki. Having max level also gives them enough room for error. The immediate areas is NOT a threat to them

It's time like this that the true quality of the people is shown. And then the other two will just follow Shiro around
I'm not talking about the actions of the handful of main characters. I'm talking about the masses, some of whom are newbs, A lot of whom, I'm sure, left families behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think it's understandable that the people in this situation are not quite so panicked as of yet (though obviously some are losing it). You just wake up in this video game world and there are more questions than answers. Unlike SAO there's no grand declaration explaining a damn thing about their situation so everyone is just figuring things out on their own. A lot easier to panic when you are pretty well told to panic. No one there has enough information to even freak out about yet.

People can still treat this like a game especially since they have no idea what happens when they get 'killed' there.
I'd find it more panicking to not know what the hell is going on. Whether they get killed for real or not, they're still trapped in a strange world, cut off from 99.9% of humanity, and even their basic understanding of reality is void.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 01:07   Link #203
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Probably philosophical. If we look at the author's past work which is maou yuusha. The maoyuu has some fighting elements but its more on the war elements with maou and yuusha finding ways to stop the war.
Wait, the maoyuu guy made this? So was this originated in an online thread as well?
Old 2013-10-08, 01:10   Link #204
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'd find it more panicking to not know what the hell is going on. Whether they get killed for real or not, they're still trapped in a strange world, cut off from 99.9% of humanity, and even their basic understanding of reality is void.
I'll go with knowing you are utterly boned is far worse than not even being sure how much trouble you are even in. The unknown may be frightening but it's all about how things unfold. Dropped into a world with a chance to talk to people at your own pace about what is going on is infinity better than getting grabbed in the middle of confusion and having a "you are all doomed" message broadcasted right at you.
Old 2013-10-08, 01:35   Link #205
Ridwan

I heard this one "trapped in MMORPG" serial has better characters.
Old 2013-10-08, 01:47   Link #206
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'll go with knowing you are utterly boned is far worse than not even being sure how much trouble you are even in. The unknown may be frightening but it's all about how things unfold. Dropped into a world with a chance to talk to people at your own pace about what is going on is infinity better than getting grabbed in the middle of confusion and having a "you are all doomed" message broadcasted right at you.
But in SAO they had reasons to hope, at least at first. For one thing, their world wasn't completely changed, they were just trapped in a VR thing. They could just wait for the police to catch Kayaba or hack the server or something.

Here, well... Magic (by which I mean something completely ununderstandable) happened.
Old 2013-10-08, 02:17   Link #207
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But in SAO they had reasons to hope, at least at first. For one thing, their world wasn't completely changed, they were just trapped in a VR thing. They could just wait for the police to catch Kayaba or hack the server or something.

Here, well... Magic (by which I mean something completely ununderstandable) happened.
Well, they did wonder if it was a server error. The log out option did fizzle out after a server update. So, for now, they were probably more "Hrm. Maybe lets wait until it's all fixed?"

Though I can't remember whether the original game was a VR game or if it was an on-screen thing. I'd be infinitely more concerned if I'd been playing an on-screen game and woke up in a VR immersion game...
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 02:22   Link #208
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
Well, they did wonder if it was a server error. The log out option did fizzle out after a server update. So, for now, they were probably more "Hrm. Maybe lets wait until it's all fixed?"

Though I can't remember whether the original game was a VR game or if it was an on-screen thing. I'd be infinitely more concerned if I'd been playing an on-screen game and woke up in a VR immersion game...
It's not a VR game, nor do they even have that tech.
It's exactly like you described lol.

That's why Naotsugu was like wth? What happened to this game while I was gone?

EDIT: Episode 2 previews
http://www.nhk.or.jp/anime-blog/0120/169563.html

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-08 at 02:43.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 03:03   Link #209
s07195
However,

Came here because I liked Maoyuu (the LNs), and I'm hoping that Touno Mamare has also made this series something different.

Episode 1 was alright, a bit plain. We've got an introduction to the characters, but that's pretty much it so far. So the game is a mouse and keyboard MMO that sucked them into the game?
Old 2013-10-08, 04:33   Link #210
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I think one of the factors that contributed to the relative calm is that, despite being in a unfamiliar situation, most of the players are not alone. Except for the new expansion, it would have been pretty much yet another same old day of exploration, grinding and online chitchat for everyone. They would have friends, guilds and party members; in other words, people that they know and can relied on. As we have seen in the episode, one of the first things most people did was to join up with their friends and/or guildies, seeking assurance in numbers and familiar faces. In Akiba, it helps that the larger and/or more influential guilds are led by reliable people that could more or less keep the situation from descending into general anarchy.

Also, despite being labelled "the Catastrophe", the stranded players are actually much better off than they would be in a real disaster, some. First of all, regardless of their locations before the Catastrophe struck, the Adventurers were sent back to their respawn points in the player cities (for Japan/Yamato: Akiba, Shibuya, Minami, Suzukino and Nakasu), giving them a safe start. Their ingame money and possessions are still intact (the older players of course have more than the newbies). The issue of taste aside, there's no problem concerning food and it's easy to find a place to rest, be it an inn, a guild house or even out amongst the ruins of Akibahara. In addition, as Adventurers, the players now possess a more robust body than what they would have in the past, with the high-level folks, especially Fighters, essentially equivalent to superhumans.

(The fact that Mamare seems to have more faith in human goodness compared to, say, ButchGen, probably helped too )

From these factors, we can say that, once things die down, it's actually very hard for people to stay panicky for long. The real problem is whether they have a clear idea about what to do from there on, whether they would stagnate, or be proactive like Shiroe's company.

In the end, I think maybe it might have been better after all if the first two chapters were given an episode each to explore, so as to give a better idea on how the initial state of affairs had unfolded. OTOH, those two chapters, to use a gamer's term, are equivalent to tutorials: informative but slow, which might turn off folks new to LogHora. The production studio probably packed the first two chapters into one to get things rolling asap (which roughly starts from chapter 3~4 onwards) and the result is something that had managed to keep enough details intact but also gave a sense that things are unfolding a bit too quickly.

As for the tone of the series, it's quite down-to-earth imho. We have after all a writer who tackles, of all things, the issue of food first before branching out from there in his previous work; seemingly mundane but definitely very important

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2013-10-08 at 09:46.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 06:00   Link #211
nanyatimz

Anyone who can provide the ED lyrics?
nanyatimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 06:39   Link #212
NutShell

watched ep1 very good opening and realistic gamer would do

lot people comparing this with same type anime

unlike a certain beta taster who play solo in death game, the main char in log horizon is a sociable type and leader type, in Raid Party a good Raid Leader that determine a whole party alive or slaughter. honestly until now i still didnt get why that beta taster alive until the end of game,

aside from that wathcing loli ninja made my day
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 06:49   Link #213
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanyatimz View Post
Anyone who can provide the ED lyrics?
I didn't see any, so I'll just type it out from the video.

() = pronunciation difference

"Your Song*" by Yun*chi

ずっと ずっと
zutto zutto

初めて君に触れた日 すごくドキドキした
hajimete kimi ni fureta hi sugoku doki-doki shita
だからついていこうって 心に決めた
dakara tsuiteikoutte (tsuiteyukoutte) kokoro ni kimeta

花や風の香りも このスープの匂いも
hana ya kaze no kaori mo kono soup (su-pu) no nioi mo
消えちゃっても一緒にいられたらいいや
kiechatte mo isshoni iraretaraiiya
小さな 想いが膨らむ 音がした
chiisana omoiga fukuramu oto ga shita

聴こえる愛のうた もっとそばにいさせて
kikoeru ai no uta motto soba ni isasete
色やかたちをかえ 守ってあげるわ
iro ya katachi wo kae mamotte ageruwa
聴こえる愛のうた みつめていられるなら
kikoeru ai no uta mitsumete irarerunara
ぼやけた日々でさえ 愛しくなるわ
boyaketa hibi desae itoshiku naruwa

ずっと ずっと
zutto zutto
Old 2013-10-08, 07:06   Link #214
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw, I just realized something. Not sure why, but seeing Shizuo and Akatsuki together somehow reminded me of Io and Tsumiki from Acchi Kocchi .

Also, I likened this to DT earlier, and it only occurred to me just now that we might have the Jun of this show! I find it weird that if we have a case like Akatsuki I didn't immediately thought of the opposite case.
Old 2013-10-08, 07:17   Link #215
nanyatimz

@Aohige-san

Sankyu desu~
nanyatimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 09:20   Link #216
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
BTW, will this show have any chance of having a separate forum? I think it deserves more than SAO or .hack//.
I'm not really sure about the criteria for a subforum but I'd just like to say that sometimes getting a subforum kills the discussion. IMO a series should only get a subforum if there's enough people discussing different topics about the show.

The Kannagi subforum is an evidence to that. I wasn't really pleased about it getting that subforum since less people talked about it after that... and yeah now the Kannagi subforum is retired.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 09:45   Link #217
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Okay, I'm not gonna talk about subforums. (My post got shot down!)

Now then, I wonder if those two kids will join Shiroe's party after he saved them? Maybe Nyanko will do it instead!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:01   Link #218
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
In the novels, fights and kill literally involves blood and guts, monsters don't just turn into coins and items like they did in the anime episode... it leaves a carcass.
If you want hides, you have to skin them. That gives a totally different atmosphere on the world than what the anime went with..
So.... its kinda brutal or realistic in the novel version.

I think the anime tone it down to make it more game like which I blame SAO for it. From the looks of it. They aren't stuck in a game but stuck in Alternative world if you ask me. It might feel like they are in a game but the game they are playing originally is from a desktop game and not virtual reality game.

Its more like DT. Where he was transported to another dimension while playing a game but here, they don't know what happen or how they got inside the game or their current world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
If you need different topics to make a subforum then i think horizon fits, there could be topics per episode, a topic for the light novel, a separate topic for the SAO whiners, a theory discussion both light novel and anime ect.

But the chance if might decrease discussion is something i would not want...
I'm not even sure there is a light novel thread for log horizon. I tried to find one here but I haven't seen it yet. As well for the manga with 3 adaptation of the story.
Old 2013-10-08, 11:31   Link #219
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So.... its kinda brutal or realistic in the novel version.

I think the anime tone it down to make it more game like which I blame SAO for it. From the looks of it. They aren't stuck in a game but stuck in Alternative world if you ask me. It might feel like they are in a game but the game they are playing originally is from a desktop game and not virtual reality game.
And alternative world with menus and inventories.
Old 2013-10-08, 11:40   Link #220
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I have a feeling id really like these novels.

But. Roones. ;_;

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, nyanderful, science fiction, seinen, shounen