Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-27, 09:00   Link #1
chhayalak
5 Star Epicure Hunter

HxH Killua.

Hi All,

I recently finished HxH series, yes all 62 eps!!! I'll have to watch the OVAs now for the conclusion of the spider, and if Gon finds his dad, Jin Freaks. (What a funny last name). Anyhow... This is a speculative question to all regarding Killua;

All his life Killua was trained to be an assassin! But what i do not understand is that why his dad and grandpa did not teach him about NEN?? It is clearly seen that his dad, grandpa, and older brother are strong nen users. It was something on the back of my mind after finishing the series.

Anythougths would be nice? Unless there was an answer in the manga.

Thanks.
Old 2004-01-27, 12:22   Link #2
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhayalak
Hi All,

I recently finished HxH series, yes all 62 eps!!! I'll have to watch the OVAs now for the conclusion of the spider, and if Gon finds his dad, Jin Freaks. (What a funny last name). Anyhow... This is a speculative question to all regarding Killua;

All his life Killua was trained to be an assassin! But what i do not understand is that why his dad and grandpa did not teach him about NEN?? It is clearly seen that his dad, grandpa, and older brother are strong nen users. It was something on the back of my mind after finishing the series.

Anythougths would be nice? Unless there was an answer in the manga.

Thanks.
I guess he was too young to learn about Nen yet.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-27, 12:59   Link #3
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

well it was obvious that even though he was trained since he was a kid he wasn't anywhere near the level of his brother when he challenged him. I think HxH does the strength levels quite well unlike naruto and even dbz. Even though gon and killua are exceptional fighters for their age, the would lose in a one-on-one fight against any of the elites like hiskosa and any members of that group.
Old 2004-01-27, 15:00   Link #4
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Well... i have a theroy to your question.. it might be wrong... but i beleive that they didnt teach for either 2 reasons...

1: If they did they might of thought that he might of been just 2 strong.. i dunno..

2: Other that at the end of the father and son converstation.. the father said to the mother that killua is discovering his own stlye in doing things... That he is very diffrent. Also you herd by wang-san that all of the assians family all tought them selfs how to do nen... Which makes it alot more dangiors becuase of not understanding the basics of Nen. So overall I believe that they never intenned to teach him, but for him to learn by huimself..

OVERALL HUNTER X HUNTER RULES.....

Last edited by xxziggybitsxx; 2004-01-30 at 15:22.
Old 2004-01-27, 23:14   Link #5
mightyme

oh and by the way.... you wont conclude the series by watching the 2 oavs.... the manga is still running in japan, and is pretty far ahead of the anime (about a whole arc ahead), and greed island is not finished.. the enxt OAV is greed island final and is 14 episodes or soemthing (I knew 8 eps was WAY TOO SMALL for greed Island)

so while stuff in the arc is answered and concluded (somewhat) after the first oav.... major plot stuff wont happen for a long while
Old 2004-01-28, 00:39   Link #6
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
I'm suffering from withdrawa symptoms of not seeing HXH for a long while....

*shaking hands*

can't think straight...... DVDs, neeed...... DVDss

*gasps for air*
Old 2004-01-28, 11:52   Link #7
chhayalak
5 Star Epicure Hunter

Nod,

I'm just finishing up the download for Greed Island, and i get the impression that Gon and Killua won't attained mastery strength in their nen usage. I guess i'll have to read the manga ! I wish they would make more HunterXHunter!!!!!!!!!1
Old 2004-01-28, 13:40   Link #8
ryublade

I got my brother and sister hooked onto HXH and they did a marathon watching the entire 62 episodes plus the 2 OVAs in a week. But they just finished the GI OVA and were like "hey where's the rest??? What!! It's coming out in about a month? I'll kill you! How could you get us addicted to HXH in the middle of the series!" LOL

Now they can suffer along with the rest of the HXH fans.
Old 2004-01-28, 21:07   Link #9
jUkUmI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryublade
I got my brother and sister hooked onto HXH and they did a marathon watching the entire 62 episodes plus the 2 OVAs in a week. But they just finished the GI OVA and were like "hey where's the rest??? What!! It's coming out in about a month? I'll kill you! How could you get us addicted to HXH in the middle of the series!" LOL

Same with my brother too... LOL
Old 2004-01-28, 21:34   Link #10
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by jUkUmI
Same with my brother too... LOL
hahahahaha......... i was suffering at first because i thought that I couldn't watch any HXH at all.. the eps I got were from a friend who is currently in Australia... untilll..... HxH on DVD on animesuki came out... now I'm watching them all over again... it seems to be working to calm me down a bit
Old 2004-01-29, 06:34   Link #11
mightyme

again I state it... the manga is abotu a whole arc ahead of the anime...

so if your addicted and stuck.. read the manga, the new arc kinda sucks now... but you can finish greed island
Old 2004-01-29, 11:19   Link #12
d0d0lee
だいおもしろ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryublade

Hahaha... my sis n me too... but it seems to make the wait less when i'm watching other animes... like naruto (don throw anything!!)

Anyway, i think they might have taught kilua if he wasn't so insistent about leaving... remember that his mom ask his bro to bring him back because he had not finished his training and said that he was is in his most important stage of training ... then his dad said he could learn the natural way...
Closed Thread