AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-23, 17:10   Link #1181
scineram

What we have here is the massive dominant forces of the last two years still being almost entirely intact. Except they now clash, so we actually have a tournament. If this continues vote totals might crawl closer to earlier levels.
Old 2013-09-23, 17:13   Link #1182
Team Rocket Elite

Sad to see Cure Peace lose so badly but that just shows how strong Toki still is. Miho upsets Ako. Ako may have won during preliminaries but it's the main tournament matches that really count. I'm a bit surprised that she ended up doing worse while Toki was around, though. Ako probably wasn't going to beat Kuro next round so this doesn't really change much. Kuuko is a decently strong character and Rikka wins pretty easily. Hopefully Kyouko vs Rikka will be as good a match as it looks like it will be right now.
Old 2013-09-24, 03:58   Link #1183
Hachiko
The Akita

If Mami and Toki both make it to the Group A final, they've essentially made it to the top 16 because the loser of that match will just need to smack several more opponents upside the head in the reppy. Pretty doable.
Old 2013-09-24, 04:01   Link #1184
Hachiko
The Akita

Addendum to my last post: Miho's going to get some unexpected support from the Madoka voters, it looks like. If Miho knocks out Kuro on the fifth, it's going to look really good for the Goddess's chances in the reppy.
Old 2013-09-24, 04:20   Link #1185
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Then if Miho really gets past Kuro and Ayase wins over Kirame, we will have the Block B Final in which Ayase has MadoMagi's backing and Miho has Saki's backing.

I'd love to go with that
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-09-24, 06:14   Link #1186
Team Rocket Elite

Matches: D2-1 E2-1 F2-1

A Saki that is only as strong as Rika wouldn't stand a chance against Sena. However, I feel like Saki will be stronger now than she was in Round 1. However, Sena is probably still too strong for Saki to beat as long as the Haganai fanbase doesn't try anything silly. Uiharu would give Kobato a good fight on most days and might even be the favourite to win in a normal match. However, Uiharu has to deal with a Last Order causing the Railgun votes to split. It probably won't be a big effect but there's a decent chance Uiharu will lose by fewer votes than Last Order gets. On top of this, Kobato will combo with Sena and Rika. I have to go with Kobato winning her but Uiharu will still be a challenge to beat. Watashi wins the third match without much issue. It would be a pretty big upset for her to lose here.

Votes:
Kashiwazaki Sena
Uiharu Kazari
Sakurano Kurimu

Predictions:
Kashiwazaki Sena
Hasegawa Kobato
Watashi
Old 2013-09-24, 06:24   Link #1187
Wanderer
Goat

This is what saimoe is supposed to be like: Exciting!

I think that the longer Miho survives the stronger she'll get. No one minds supporting her, especially against opposing factions. I'm picking her over Kuro in round 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
If Mami and Toki both make it to the Group A final, they've essentially made it to the top 16 because the loser of that match will just need to smack several more opponents upside the head in the reppy. Pretty doable.
Yep. Block finals are actually more important for determining which girl's 3 past opponents get another shot than it is for the competitors themselves.

Also, the repechage system is tiered such that a 4th round loser only has one match to make the top 16.
Old 2013-09-24, 07:50   Link #1188
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, a little bit early, but my pick/prediction for upcoming round...

D2-1: Pick: Rika, Predict: Niku. Sad that the best girl by far in Haganai will get thrown under the bus. But it's against Kiyosumi's white devil and I prefer Niku winning.
E2-1: Pick: Kobato, Predict: Uiharu. Pure statistics here...Kobato does benefit from having Niku around but Uiharu is stronger overall
F2-1: Pick: Kurimu, Predict: Watashi. Watashi is going to win it all lol
Old 2013-09-24, 08:08   Link #1189
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

My votes for later

<<宮永咲@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<羽瀬川小鳩@僕は友達が少ないNEXT>>
<<わたし@人類は衰退しました>>

I REALLY want to vote for Akiko but I know she doesn't stand a chance against Watashi...
Old 2013-09-24, 08:57   Link #1190
hinakatbklyn

Hmmm..... if Kuro wins against Miho, Kuro is part of the top 16 or repchange (Safe bet)
If Miho wins against Kuro and Ayase, both Kuro and Ako are part of repchange (It's a big gamble especially when Madoka wants Ayase to win the group.)

(D) Would want to support Rika more, but Sena will get the most support. It might be enough against Saki, but Saki can't be underestimated. *Stat prediction: Sena

(E) Unlike 2011 (Uiharu-Ruiko split against combo PMMM) Uiharu is only being split against Last Order. However, there is a combo of two Haganai supporters (Sena and Rika) for Kobato to work with. But will Kobato be willing to work together with Sena? Uiharu = vote total + Railgun advantage, Kobato = VD slightly + both 1st round opponents under 100. *Going against stats: Kobato

(F) Still support Kurimu. Prediction: Main Character/Watashi

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2013-09-24 at 09:21.
Old 2013-09-24, 11:06   Link #1191
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Prediction- Niku, Uiharu chanto pantsu haiteruka?, Watashi
Pick- Kotori, Uiharu chanto pantsu haiteruka?, Kurimu
Old 2013-09-24, 15:23   Link #1192
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Rika used her stare and screwed over the opposition, now its up to Kyoko...
Old 2013-09-24, 20:56   Link #1193
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Toki wins A4 without much issue from the previous set of matches, drawing one step closer to a Mami-Toki clash of the champions for Block A finals; provided they both advance as expected.

In an upturn for Girls und Panzer's flagging fortunes, protagonist and talented tank commander Miho advances past a strong opponent in Ako Atarashi in B4. Panzer Vor!, indeed.
Kumin's supporters stayed at home, napping away.

Rikka dominates C4 as expected, setting up the next of Kyouko's trials on the road to Block C's finals, firmly putting Kuuko in her place and crushing fellow KyoAni girl Tamako.

Picks:
Sena Kashiwazaki @ Haganai
Kobato Hasegawa @ Haganai
Akiko Himenokouji @ Onii-Ai

I have a feeling I'd be supporting Watashi instead if I knew all three girls, but since I still haven't started the show I'll hold off this time - she seems very likely to survive this one anyway.
Old 2013-09-24, 23:53   Link #1194
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

At this rate, Watashi might even beat Toki's vote percentage record.

You go girl

P/S: For the other matches, Sena and Saki are neck to neck, while Kobato is leading with Uiharu following behind.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12

Last edited by BloodyKitty; 2013-09-25 at 00:09.
Old 2013-09-25, 06:23   Link #1195
Team Rocket Elite

Matches: D2-2 E2-2 F2-2

Ryuuka should be alright in the first match. Komari might give her some trouble but Ryuuka should be strong enough to advance. Sanae is the favourite in the second match. Kana nearly lost to Yousei-san last round. Even with the Ryuuka combo, she shouldn't be able to challenge Sanae. Third match is pretty hard to call. All three look pretty close together in terms of strength. Tsubasa looks a very tiny bit better so I'm choosing her but I think any one of the three could win this.

Votes:
Shimizudani Ryuuka
Dekomori Sanae
Hanekawa Tsubasa

Predictions:
Shimizudani Ryuuka
Dekomori Sanae
Hanekawa Tsubasa
Old 2013-09-25, 09:09   Link #1196
Subayai

Results for Round 2 Day 5

D2-1
1st 274 Saki Miyanaga @ Saki
2nd 256 Sena Kashiwazaki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
3rd 51 Kotori Minami @ Love Live!
4th 45 Rika Shiguma @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai

E2-1
1st 289 Kobato Hasegawa @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
2nd 253 Kazari Uiharu @ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
3rd 44 Last Order @ Toaru Majutsu no Index

F2-1
1st 354 Watashi @ Jinrui Wa Suitai Shimashita
2nd 148 Akiko Himenokouji @ Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai Yo Ne!
3rd 71 Kurimu Sakurano @ Seitokai No Ichizon
=============================================

Surprise. We have Rinshan Kaihou.

The votes of Sena + Rika together amount to more than Saki's votes (by 27 votes). I don't know how many of Rika's votes would have gone to Sena otherwise but I'd say they fell victims of the split vote.

In the case of Uiharu and Last Order, their votes surpass Kobato's by only 8 votes so it's harder to say here.

In other news, Watashi shows us again how strong she is (and me happy to see that). I think she will also get past round 3. After that, matches will get tougher.

Last edited by Subayai; 2013-09-25 at 09:22.
Old 2013-09-25, 09:22   Link #1197
Archaeon

Kan..Kan...Kan...Tsumo,Rinshan Kaihou
Old 2013-09-25, 09:32   Link #1198
hinakatbklyn

- Saki losses one of their stronger preliminary reps and winning group B is no longer a guarantee. Their response..... take control of a different group. It looked as if Saki (original) would have trouble winning against Sena one-on-one, so she appeared to plan one round early and tie rather than beat Rika. The plan worked and Saki beat Sena.

- The other Haganai rep (Kobato) who I wanted to see win and had a chance to win, won her match with some resistance.

- Watashi doesn't appear to be worried at all about being a solo rep in her own series. She continues to dominate her side of Group F.

(D) Preference: Ryuuka > Komari Prediction: Ryuuka will win her match and guarantee at least one Saki finalist in Group D

(E) Mini preference: Sakurako > Dekomori Prediction: Kana will not likely take advantage of Saki combo. Dekomori will likely be the third Chuu2 to advance to the 3rd round.

(F) Tsubasa appears to be strong enough to win this match and also has a current series for extra help. Sawa was able to win against a Saki character. Last time Mikan was past the second round was 2008, but she still shouldn't be underestimated. Supporting: Mikan Prediction: Tsubasa
Old 2013-09-25, 09:46   Link #1199
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, it looks like I was right about Saki Miyanaga being a serious threat to Sena in a Haganai series-split situation. Saki won the match, but she had less votes than what Sena and Rika had combined. The series-split was brutal to Haganai here, reflecting what I wrote right after Saki's 1st round match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Only half-way through the first round, and we've already had three ties. That is a lot.

Also, in a way, what happened may well be perfect for Saki. I really doubt that Saki wins a three-way match between Saki, Sena, and Kotori. But a four-way match between Saki, Sena, Rika, and Kotori could prove interesting. Rika could siphon some votes off of Sena, improving Saki's chance of further success. Kotori likely isn't strong enough to take advantage of a same series-split, but Saki might be strong enough.

However, Sena was still favored going into the match with Saki, Rika, and Kotori. Perhaps it's fitting that I once compared Saki to a certain famous pro wrestler. Much like him, it's when she appears at her weakest that she starts hulking back up to victory...

Big congrats to Saki, and congrats also to Watashi who won huge.

Meanwhile, Kobato squeaked out a win over Uiharu, in yet another series-split match where the two girls from the same series had more votes between them than the winner did.

Series-split matches are just brutal for the series that endures them. We've now seen this for Madoka, Haganai, and Raildex. Repechage has made it harder to effectively bus someone, so I think that these series-split situations will continue to be problematic for the series that faces them.
Old 2013-09-25, 09:51   Link #1200
ion475
にこにこにー

The only girl that I seriously don't want to win, then go ahead and win...after Lovely My Angel took advantage of a split, Kiyosumi's white devil do the same thing.

Kobato won, though, so the whole day is not totally loss...Watashi trash her opponents as expected.

Prediction wise not a good day (1-2, Total 11-4). For next round...

D2-2: Pick/Predict: Ryuuka. May Ryuuka revenge Rika and Niku next round.
E2-2: Pick: Sakurako, Predict: Dekomori. Sadly, Sakurako is simply not strong enough. On the other hand, Dekomori is pure moe with hair down.
F2-2: Pick/Predict: Sawa. ラブリーマイエンジェルさわたん

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament